Disney Fantasy- January 14, 2017- 7 nt Eastern Caribbean

Hello! I would like to join an FE group. I would like to be in the same group as my brother and SIL, Doubleboyd. We want to deliver our gifts together. Thanks!

Hi everyone! We are still on this cruise :) just have not posted in awhile. This cruise is getting closer at just around 8 1/2 months. Yay! We are definitely still interested in playing FE and are also excited about the the added Star Wars day, as we have never done this before and it will be something different. Plus a few of my kids are big Star Wars fans. :). Does anyone know what they are doing in Tortola and St. Thomas? Has anyone been to Coral Park and the butterfly garden? I am looking forward to getting to know everyone before we cruise. Vicki

Hi everyone, joining in! We just switched to this cruise (originally on the Wonder out of Galveston). Super excited, this will be our first time on the Fantasy!!

Hi! Wanting to join in the conversation as well. We'll be sailing, with our three kids (3,5,7), grandparents and maybe more. Really excited for the adventure. Would like to be part of the fish extender group as well.

Thank you for organizing, Ptarmigan.

This will be our 1st cruise and we are excited! We are going with a large party of friends, which some may join in on this FE. Our family would love to participate in the FE. Thank you for organizing this and I like that you are grouping it to a max of 15 in each group! We are a family of four staying in 1 room, 2 adults and 2 boys (ages 3 & 5). I'll add the other personal stuff when we are assigned within the FE group. :)

Last edited:
I'd love to join in the fun as well please. This will be our first Disney Cruise- can't wait! My family will have 2 state rooms w/ grandma, my husband, me, 10yo daughter & 7yo son.

Thank you for organizing, Ptarmigan.

We are sailing this cruise (2nd Disney cruise). It will be me, hubby and sons (6&4). We are not interested in FE but being a part of a group for planning and advice. Will a Facebook group be created?

Greetings, fellow DIS cruisers! Just a quick hello and check-in after a long hiatus--- my excuse? Testing out our shiny new APs for two weeks while my husband attended a conference. As a brief aside, if anyone is planning a land+sea trip, feel free to fire away questions on the latest changes to the parks/DSprings.

Within the next week or so, I will be reviewing all posts and beginning to form FE groups. If you have posted to this thread and have not sent me details about your party, I'd kindly ask you to do so within the next week or so. *This is especially relevant to any groups of FE folks who would like exchange in the same group. Also, the more details you can provide, the more personalized your gifts might be. The same goes for allergies/food sensitivities.

On a somewhat related note, I wanted to share that I finally checked out the Disney Character Warehouse at the Premium Outlets on Vineland Ave. Wow! Beware of large crowds-- I actually had my husband drop me off one day mid-day to avoid insane checkout lines. If you plan on visiting WDW before the cruise, this is an absolute MUST VISIT-- there was a ton of Disney Cruise Line merchandise, and the prices for all Disney stuff was substantially discounted. I picked up a DCL shirt for my husband ($8, no date), a Disney Vera Bradley huge tote ($25, marked $90), and several other little items for my son. This could be great for procastinating FE folks.

Look for a PM from me in the next two weeks indicating groups and cabins.

Ahoy, cruisemates! Just a quick check-in to let you know that I'm working on FE groups at present. Our family room and basement recently flooded, so all my free time as of late has been devoted to ripping up carpeting and trying to convince my 4-year old to stay away from exposed tack strips.

Also, someone mentioned a Facebook group for this cruise. Has anyone done this before, and if so, how has it worked? Has anyone created one, or been added to one for previous cruises?

One final cruising question for you all-- how are you getting to the port? Using the DCL bus, private shuttle, or car?

Ahoy, cruisemates! Just a quick check-in to let you know that I'm working on FE groups at present. Our family room and basement recently flooded, so all my free time as of late has been devoted to ripping up carpeting and trying to convince my 4-year old to stay away from exposed tack strips.

Also, someone mentioned a Facebook group for this cruise. Has anyone done this before, and if so, how has it worked? Has anyone created one, or been added to one for previous cruises?

One final cruising question for you all-- how are you getting to the port? Using the DCL bus, private shuttle, or car?
Hello! We are taking Disney transportation from MCO )staying at the Hyatt the evening before).

Our last cruise had a FB page and it was a great way for everyone to communicate, ask questions, get tips and advice.

The person who managed the FB page also organized the FE through it.

Hey everyone! This will be our first Disney Cruise and it is going to be a surprise gift XMAS morning for our two kids. I would love to participate in FE! We are arriving the day before we depart and staying at Disney and using Disney Transport to get to the cruise. Has anyone done the princess and prince breakfast before? It is really expensive but I'm wondering if it is worth it? Thanks for setting up the FE! How do I send you a personal message?

Hi - 1st time cruisers. I have 2 daughters (ages at time of travel, Kylene 9 & Raelyn 11). VERY excited! Just booked trip today. Would love to participate in exchange. We are on Deck 9; have no allergies; favorite characters are Donald, Mickey, Ariel, Olaf. As of now, we are staying at Pop Century the night before, but driving to port because it is less expensive to park at port than to take bus from hotel. Thanks for organizing this!

Hello - we are first time cruisers as well. We have 2 boys, Preston is 9 and Jackson will turn 6 while on the cruise (Jan 20th). We would like to participate in the fish hanger exchange. We arrive the Friday before and are staying at the hotel in the airport. Our stateroom is located on the 8th floor, midship. It was our intention to make this a Christmas gift for the boys, but have now changed our minds for 2 reasons. 1) We want them to be a part of the planning process and 2) we don't want our boys to be disappointed with all the following Christmas mornings.

Carolinainmymind, I talked to my boys and they are interested in having pre-cruise pen pals. Since I am new to this forum, I can not send PM's yet. Please send me a PM if you are still interested.

Hello! We are a family of 5 looking forward to our 3rd Disney cruise with our daughters and my parents (their first Disney cruise). We love participating in Fish Extender exchanges--please do include us. :) Our details are below.

Number of Cabins: 2
Family Name Contact for Cabin 1: Katie Dornblaser
Family Name Contact for Cabin 2: Linda Sloan
Cabin 1 Ages/Gender (at time of sailing): Jonathan (36), Katie (35), Isla-Girl (6), Gemma-Girl (3) and Everleigh-Girl (6 months)
Cabin 2 Ages/Gender: Linda (64) and John (64)
Dietary Restrictions: None
Favorite Disney Characters/Movies: We love them all!

Hello - we are first time cruisers as well. We have 2 boys, Preston is 9 and Jackson will turn 6 while on the cruise (Jan 20th). We would like to participate in the fish hanger exchange. We arrive the Friday before and are staying at the hotel in the airport. Our stateroom is located on the 8th floor, midship. It was our intention to make this a Christmas gift for the boys, but have now changed our minds for 2 reasons. 1) We want them to be a part of the planning process and 2) we don't want our boys to be disappointed with all the following Christmas mornings.

We Are staying at the Hyatt airport Friday night and also have a room on the 8th floor. My boys are 6 and 4. Hopefully we can meet up at some point!

Woohoo, a bit of action on this thread after a few quiet weeks! Welcome aboard to all the newcomers to this cruise!

That would be great. I see you are from Pittsburgh, are you Steelers fans? The reason I ask is because I have been a fan as far back as I can remember.

Hi all!

A quick "official" Fish Extended update. So far, I have 29 cabins of participants, with the possibility of a few iffy ones. I'm sure some more will roll in as time gets closer. I'm going to start to close sub groups this weekend to allow families to begin planning. For those of you traveling in multiple staterooms for one family, do you prefer to have the same or different sub group? (Keep in mind that some FE folks will be giving the same gift to each stateroom, so you might end up with 2 of the same things; but at the same time, you'll be able to deliver gifts together).

A quick FE tip-- there are some great Disney/Star Wars FE gift ideas now that back-to-school clearance is in full swing! Happy hunting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter