Disney Fantasy Cruise February 20, 2016

Hi all! Just joined and trying to figure this all out. Who knew going on vacation would be so much work! We are doing our first cruise with myself, the hubs and three boys aged 8,7 and 2. Hoping to do the FE as well!

Oops...looking now I see I left out some deets. Matt and I are 33. My boys are Carter (will be 8), Eli(will be almost 7) and Blake who will be 2. We are coming from Ontario, Canada.
Does anyone know a good site for door decorator magnets? Also, of course I hear good things regarding childcare, but can anyone offer personal experiences? The husband and I would love to do some grown up stuff, but are wary. Thanks!

Oops...looking now I see I left out some deets. Matt and I are 33. My boys are Carter (will be 8), Eli(will be almost 7) and Blake who will be 2. We are coming from Ontario, Canada.
Does anyone know a good site for door decorator magnets? Also, of course I hear good things regarding childcare, but can anyone offer personal experiences? The husband and I would love to do some grown up stuff, but are wary. Thanks!

Hi & :welcome: My family cruised on the Dream in November 2012 and my daughter was 6 at the time. She had amazing time and we never had any problems arise from sending her to the kids club. She spent quite a bit of time there!

My goodness! Then I was a little late to save since I booked in March. :(
That just means you have to eat that many more chicken strips, mickey bars or lobster tails...
I booked right as they announced the Star Wars themed cruises. I didn't even know I booked one until after the fact. So I feel a little bad to those that are true followers.

That just means you have to eat that many more chicken strips, mickey bars or lobster tails...
I booked right as they announced the Star Wars themed cruises. I didn't even know I booked one until after the fact. So I feel a little bad to those that are true followers.
I like the way you think Fathawkeye! Looks like I better lose another 10 pounds before the cruise to get my money's worth!

The kids club is my son's (age 6 first cruise and age 8 second cruise) favorite part of cruising! He begs us to let him stay there until midnight on most nights. He has a great time and we have never had any issues or concerns. This is also one of the reasons that cruising is one of our favorite type of trips; there is plenty of family time but there is also plenty of adult/kid only time. It is a great combination!

Do we know yet if the Star Wars day at sea will be replacing the Pirate night? Trying to figure out if I need one costume or two :) Plus formals and Semi formals (omg! the luggage!)

My understanding is that Star Wars is an extra...everything else will be as is but the Star Wars day will be added in. Nothing will be taken away; at least this is what I was told the two separate times I asked. (Although, technically, what is taken away is a port. Western cruises usually have 3 ports but ours will have 2 and then the Star Wars day.)

From looking at the overview I am thinking that Day 2 will be formal night, Day 3 is Cozumel, Day 4 is Grand Cayman and Pirate Night (with the deck parties but no fireworks), Day 5 is Star Wars day (deck party with fireworks), Day 6 Semi Formal night and Day 7 Castaway Cay. I have nothing official stating any of that, it is just my deduction from looking at the cruise activity overview.

Last edited:
My understanding is that Star Wars is an extra...everything else will be as is but the Star Wars day will be added in. Nothing will be taken away; at least this is what I was told the two separate times I asked. (Although, technically, what is taken away is a port. Western cruises usually have 3 ports but ours will have 2 and then the Star Wars day.)

From looking at the overview I am thinking that Day 2 will be formal night, Day 3 is Cozumel, Day 4 is Grand Cayman and Pirate Night (with the deck parties but no fireworks), Day 5 is Star Wars day (deck party with fireworks), Day 6 Semi Formal night and Day 7 Castaway Cay. I have nothing official stating any of that, it is just my deduction from looking at the cruise activity overview.

Thank you for the analysis. My travel agent just said Star Wars day was part of the cruise. Since I'm new to all of this, I don't know what it replaces (if anything).

On the Semi-Formal night, do the children dress up as well? My son would be quite dapper in a tux. :)

Thank you for the analysis. My travel agent just said Star Wars day was part of the cruise. Since I'm new to all of this, I don't know what it replaces (if anything).

On the Semi-Formal night, do the children dress up as well? My son would be quite dapper in a tux. :)

If you wanted your son to wear a tux, that would be best for formal night (Sunday). You will see everything on formal night, whole families dressed in gowns and tuxes, right to families wearing shorts and flip-flops. Do whatever makes the cruise fun for you. My daughter and I both wore floor length gowns while my son and husband wore dress pants, a button up shirt and a sports coat. Semi formal night is more like khakis and a nice polo shirt or button up, and for females, sundresses. But again, you will see all ends of the spectrum. The same is true on pirate night. You will see some people completely decked out as pirates, some people with just a pirate T-shirt and some people who wear their every day clothes. It did not seem like anyone felt out of place due to what they were wearing on any night. Just make it fun for you and your family!

If you wanted your son to wear a tux, that would be best for formal night (Sunday). You will see everything on formal night, whole families dressed in gowns and tuxes, right to families wearing shorts and flip-flops. Do whatever makes the cruise fun for you. My daughter and I both wore floor length gowns while my son and husband wore dress pants, a button up shirt and a sports coat. Semi formal night is more like khakis and a nice polo shirt or button up, and for females, sundresses. But again, you will see all ends of the spectrum. The same is true on pirate night. You will see some people completely decked out as pirates, some people with just a pirate T-shirt and some people who wear their every day clothes. It did not seem like anyone felt out of place due to what they were wearing on any night. Just make it fun for you and your family!

Most excellent! I want to get the most fun out of this as possible! ;)

The clothing requirements are "starting" to worry me....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter