Disney Fantasy April 16, 2016 7-Day Caribbean Cruise Meet

My wife and I (both 32) are doing this cruise!

We had gone on the Disney Wonder Panama reposition for our honeymoon back in 2013. We were supposed to go on a Magic cruise in 2014 (and we even booked the Walt Disney Suite!!!) but our booking got cancelled because they deemed DVC Members more important for a private charter. :mad::mad::mad:

After a silent protest period, Star Wars was enough to bring us back. We're super stoked for this cruise being lifelong Star Wars fans. Now, all we gotta do is figure out our costumes!

And I was booked for this October's Panama reposition cruise, but I didn't like that it ended in Galveston and not back in Florida (closer to home), so I moved that booking to this one to keep the OBB discount and stateroom credit. I also realized that taking 2 weeks off from work doesn't work too well for me, so I will do the Panama Canal cruise when I retire.

Sorry you got bumped. I am one of those DVC Members, but I didn't take that cruise. I would have been upset as well.

Last edited:
We are booked. Myself-Sara, my 3 boys Mason-20, Colan-18 and Gavin-17, and Colan's friend Mikey-17. I am surprising them all with this cruise.

And I was booked for this October's Panama reposition cruise, but I didn't like that it ended in Galveston and not back in Florida (closer to home), so I moved that booking to this one to keep the OBB discount and stateroom credit. I also realized that taking 2 weeks off from work doesn't work too well for me, so I will do the Panama Canal cruise when I retire.

Sorry you got bumped. I am one of those DVC Members, but I didn't take that cruise. I would have been upset as well.

Our "beef" wasn't with the DVC members by any stretch. Rather, it was with DCL and how they handled it. They offered us credit + 10% toward another cruise around that same time, however, because we booked so early and got such a great deal so early, a 10% discount was still more than twice what we had paid. And they threw a rather firm take-it-or-leave-it stance at us.

Ah well... That's over. STAR WARS CRUISE INCOMING!!

Our "beef" wasn't with the DVC members by any stretch. Rather, it was with DCL and how they handled it. They offered us credit + 10% toward another cruise around that same time, however, because we booked so early and got such a great deal so early, a 10% discount was still more than twice what we had paid. And they threw a rather firm take-it-or-leave-it stance at us.

Ah well... That's over. STAR WARS CRUISE INCOMING!!

Oh, I understood totally, and again, I would have been very, very upset if the cruise I had been planning on had been canceled as yours was. You would think they could decide on a date for the DVC member cruise in advance and have it blocked out.

We booked this cruise the day it was announced to the public. We couldn't be more excited to join in the experience of Star Wars Day at Sea. This will be our second cruise with Disney. Our first cruise was taken on the Disney Magic last year when I was 23 weeks pregnant (barely making the cut-off!) Regardless, I was still able to enjoy our vacation, and I know this one will be no different! :)

We booked this cruise the day it was announced to the public. We couldn't be more excited to join in the experience of Star Wars Day at Sea. This will be our second cruise with Disney. Our first cruise was taken on the Disney Magic last year when I was 23 weeks pregnant (barely making the cut-off!) Regardless, I was still able to enjoy our vacation, and I know this one will be no different! :)

Hi and welcome. I keep checking back to see if we have more people, but it has been pretty quiet here so far. I think the ship is getting more full because the rates are going up and up. My category has gone up $571 per person since I booked, which was the day they announced the Stars Wars Days--that is quite a jump imho.

Hello everyone. I am super excited to be on this sailing. This will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. But our first cruise on the Fantasy. In my cabin it will me myself and my husband as well as my 2 DD (ages 13 and 8 when we sail). We will also be traveling with several cabins from my husbands family. This will be so much fun. Our family is super close so to travel like this will be a blast.

Our first ever cruise! Super excited. 8 year old boy that is a big sw fan and 5 year old girl and husband.

We are so excited to have booked our first Disney cruise! My husband is a huge Star Wars fan! It will be him-Van, myself-Shana, DS-Jared13, DD-Shavanna5, and DD- Ivy Rose2. My mother, Doris, and her husband, Len, have also booked a cabin on this same cruise. I am so excited to be traveling with them. We will be interested in participating in the FE as well.

Hi everyone!! My hubby is a BIG Star Wars fan and I am a BIG Disney fan so when the Star Wars Day at Sea was announced we decided to go. We are booked for the April 2016 Cruise and we are so excited. This will be our first Disney Cruise. We cruised with Carnival a few years ago, but I really wanted to go on a Disney one. We are looking for some info about FE's (fish extenders). If you can help me find more info for our cruise that would be awesome!! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hi everyone!! My hubby is a BIG Star Wars fan and I am a BIG Disney fan so when the Star Wars Day at Sea was announced we decided to go. We are booked for the April 2016 Cruise and we are so excited. This will be our first Disney Cruise. We cruised with Carnival a few years ago, but I really wanted to go on a Disney one. We are looking for some info about FE's (fish extenders). If you can help me find more info for our cruise that would be awesome!! Thanks!!

The Fish extender hangs from a fish clip that is on the wall outside your stateroom door. If you go to EBAY and search Fish Extender you will find some for sale. Lots of people make their own. As more people join this group I'm sure we will start a list of who wants to take part. On our last cruise we had 175 people and 7 different groups. Once you are on the ship you put gifts in other people FE and they put stuff in your. What you use for a gift verya a lot. If you search FE gifts on the forum you will find a ton of info. I hope this helps.

This will be not only our first Disney cruise, but our first cruise period. My wife, Doris, and I are empty nesters in our 50's. We learned about this cruise from my wife's daughter, Shana, who is also going with her family. My wife and i are very excited that we will be able to spend this much time with our family. We are all Disney fans, but I love that this cruise has a Star War's day. I am grateful to Shana for suggesting we go with them.

We are so excited to have booked our first Disney cruise! My husband is a huge Star Wars fan! It will be him-Van, myself-Shana, DS-Jared13, DD-Shavanna5, and DD- Ivy Rose2. My mother, Doris, and her husband, Len, have also booked a cabin on this same cruise. I am so excited to be traveling with them. We will be interested in participating in the FE as well.

I guess that makes Doris a DM and me a DFIL. I thought I was really getting into the research for this cruise, but I see that you found this forum before me. LOL

We are first timers on a cruise and booked because of the fact it's Star Wars!!!! My husband and I will be traveling with 3 kids son-7 years old daughter - 4 years and will have a 7 month yet to be determined gender lol! We will also haven't SIL and her daughter as well as my FIL and MIL! We are all so excited to be Apart of this cruise and want to participate on FE!!!! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Looking forward to this vacation!!!!

Hello,can't wait just booked on the Fantasy(miss it) this will be my DH,DD,and DS first cruise. Can't wait to start FEs again had a blast.

My boyfriend and I both love Star Wars, so when we found out this was a thing, we booked it! It will be my 5th cruise (1st Disney) and his first cruise! We don't have kids, it will just be us- any other couples travelling sans kids? I have been obsessively researching any and all things DCL since we booked! Would love to participate in FEs! :)

My husband and I are huge Disney fans and we love Star Wars, so choosing this cruise was easy! This will be our second cruise, but it's been a long time (Wonder in 2001 for our honeymoon). We will be celebrating our 15th anniversary and can't wait!

This will by my family's first Disney Cruise!! It will be my husband and I, and our 3 DD ages 15, 12, and 7. We booked this cruise before the Star Wars theme was announced. Having 3 girls we are not huge Star Wars fans and hope it won't be all Star Wars themed. Very much looking forward to it.

We just booked this Star Wars Fantasy date. We had a dummy booking from December. I was holding onto it for the summer 2016 itinerary release. The new sailings did not intrigue us enough. My son will be turning 18 the summer of 2016 and really would like to get into the vibe on the new ships one more time. We often sail on our April school vacation period but I checked Christmas and New Year's first then February break but once I clicked on April 16 and DW saw it was a Star Wars cruise, there was no turning back. It will be our first trip as Platinum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter