Disney Fantasy April 16, 2016 7-Day Caribbean Cruise Meet

jwcosta

Earning My Ears
Hello all. This is the cruise meet for the April 16, 2016 7-Day Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Fantasy. Welcome aboard!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise! :beach:

Looking forward to this cruise! We have only sailed twice both to the East Caribbean, once in January 2013 and then again January 2014 and both were enjoyable but really looking forward to seeing something different in the West Caribbean and HOPEFULLY a little warmer temps!

Looking forward to this cruise! We have only sailed twice both to the East Caribbean, once in January 2013 and then again January 2014 and both were enjoyable but really looking forward to seeing something different in the West Caribbean and HOPEFULLY a little warmer temps!

Same for us, actually. We've done Eastern twice, once on the Magic in April 2012 and once on the Fantasy in April 2014. It will be nice to do a different itinerary.

Hello,

I am wondering if anyone knows where we can get information on the FE groups for our cruise. We have looked in many places and have not found anything. This is our first time doing this and would love to be apart of it. Any help or information would be appreciated.

This is our first cruise and we are sailing with our son and family and our daughter in laws parents. Looking forward to some great memories.

I booked this morning. We had a Panama Canal cruise booked for this coming October, but decided against it when I realized that the cruise would disembark in Galveston and not Cape Canaveral. That and it would just not be a good time to be away from work for 2 weeks.

As soon as they announced the Star Wars event this morning, I checked it out and called and had them move us to this sailing.

This will be my 9th DCL cruise and we have been on all four ships. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Day Date Port Ashore Onboard
Saturday 16-Apr-2016 PORT CANAVERAL 3:45 PM
Sunday 17-Apr-2016 AT SEA
Monday 18-Apr-2016 COZUMEL 8:30 AM 3:45 PM
Tuesday 19-Apr-2016 GRAND CAYMAN 10:30 AM 5:30 PM TENDER
Wednesday 20-Apr-2016 STAR WARS AT SEA
Thursday 21-Apr-2016 AT SEA
Friday 22-Apr-2016 CASTAWAY CAY 8:30 AM 4:45 PM
Saturday 23-Apr-2016 PORT CANAVERAL 7:30 AM

Last edited:

Hey there group... We have tentatively booked this date - super excited that it is a Star Wars cruise.. Hubby is a huge Star Wars fan and the fact that Disney bought them - makes life very happy for me!!

This will be our 6th cruise - first as Gold Members

Travling:
Me (Disney Nut)
Hubby (Supports the Disney Nut)
4 Year Old Daughter (Disney Nut in Training)

** I know its super early to think about - but we are totally in for participating in FE - we love it and making things Star Wars themed = bonus!!!! **

Hello
We booked today as soon as I saw it was Star Wars. My kids are going to be super excited. It will be 5 of us. Me, hubby, my two sons 14 & 11 at sailing and my mom. This is our 8th cruise. 4th on disney. We are also interested in the FE.

We just switched to this cruise today - I have a similar story to the previous couple of posters. DH is a huge MEGA Star Wars fan. Our DS14 is looking forward to floating between Edge and Vibe this cruise. This is cruise #6 - so our first cruise as Gold members. We have been on all ships except the Magic. We loved our last Fantasy trip on the Eastern Itinerary about three years ago, and never thought we'd really want to do a Western, but this Star Wars business tipped us over the edge. We were originally booked on the cruise directly after this one - Eastern with Tortola. But I don't think we're going to regret this. Should be a wonderful time! Sailing in 12506 and celebrating our 25th anniversary. Not sure yet if we'll do the FE exchange yet - lots of time to think about that, I suppose! Happy to be joining all of you. Now... I think I need to update my ticker. :)

RweTHEREyet - We were on the Wonder trip with you from San Diego to Vancouver! Great to see you on this cruise!!! I am Leslie from Cheyenne, WY, if you remember me at all. How fun!

RweTHEREyet - We were on the Wonder trip with you from San Diego to Vancouver! Great to see you on this cruise!!! I am Leslie from Cheyenne, WY, if you remember me at all. How fun!

Hey there Leslie. I am impressed you remember me, we also sailed on to Alaska and there were just so many people to keep up with. I am terrible, just terrible with names and faces. I remembered your screen name, though - LOL.

I hope there is enough Star Wars stuff on the cruise to live up to the hype, and I hope the merchandise lasts until our sailing, too. My DH is the huge Star Wars fan, but I think I am more excited about this cruise than he is.

It will be just the two of us sailing and we are in a Cat 4C on Deck 7 right now (I say that because I have a tendency to not leave well enough alone with my reservations--big problem of mine).

And I agree with you on the itinerary--it isn't the best, but I really don't care as I do love the days at sea, and a day at Castaway Cay is all that really matters for us.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! In case you haven't figured out by my avatar why we're on this cruise ;-) I wish they would have scheduled a cruise on May the Fourth with Star wars! That would be the most amazing celebration! Our wedding anniversary is the same date :)

I booked immediately after seeing Star Wars was coming! This will be our 3rd cruise and finally one that we're starting on the boards from the very beginning. We're in June on a 7-night Alaskan on the Wonder. We did a 4-night Bahamian for our honeymoon and I swear Disney has spoiled us! I love cruising with them!

Last edited:
Hi everybody we just booked this cruise today. We are huge Star Wars fans.This will be our 10th cruise 8th cruise on Disney 1st one on the Fantasy.

:welcome: to all the newest who have signed up. I hope we end up with a big fun group of Dissers.
Hello Everyone! In case you haven't figured out by my avatar why we're on this cruise ;-) I wish they would have scheduled a cruise on May the Fourth with Star wars! That would be the most amazing celebration! Our wedding anniversary is the same date :)

I booked immediately after seeing Star Wars was coming! This will be our 3rd cruise and finally one that we're starting on the boards from the very beginning. We're in June on a 7-night Alaskan on the Wonder. We did a 4-night Bahamian for our honeymoon and I swear Disney has spoiled us! I love cruising with them!

We did the 9-night Alaska this past May and we had an amazing time. Would love to go back

Last edited:
Hello all. This is the cruise meet for the April 16, 2016 7-Day Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Fantasy. Welcome aboard!
Hi we just changed from April 9 to the 16 in order to take advantage of the Star Wars.
We are also looking forward to participating in FE!

Hi all! We are booked on this cruise! Myself, DH (huge star wars fan) DD11, DD9, DD6 at the time. We are so excited....it will be our third cruise and first on the Fantasy!! Looking forward to getting to know some of you all!

My wife (29) and Myself (29) are booked. We changed from a December cruise to this one when we saw it was Star Wars.

Well, I had thought that since we would have both a Pirate's Party and the Star Wars day that we would have two night's of fireworks, but according to the Disney Cruise Blog, that will not be the case:

2016 Disney Fantasy Star Wars Day at Sea Sailings

During the eight 7-Night Western Caribbean Cruises – Itinerary D sailings aboard the Dinsey Fantasy, guests will have the opportunity to enjoy the typical pirate night deck parties, Mickey’s Pirates IN the Caribbean Party, Buccaneer Blast & Club Pirate. However, fireworks will only be offered during the Star Wars deck party.

My wife and I (both 32) are doing this cruise!

We had gone on the Disney Wonder Panama reposition for our honeymoon back in 2013. We were supposed to go on a Magic cruise in 2014 (and we even booked the Walt Disney Suite!!!) but our booking got cancelled because they deemed DVC Members more important for a private charter. :mad::mad::mad:

After a silent protest period, Star Wars was enough to bring us back. We're super stoked for this cruise being lifelong Star Wars fans. Now, all we gotta do is figure out our costumes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter