Disney Dreaming ...Planning our daughter's 1st trip and my mother's 1st extended stay!

Love the dwarfs beards...so cute!!! And those apples....is that just a chocolate sprinkle for the stem? Hard to tell but they look so good!

Love the dwarfs beards...so cute!!! And those apples....is that just a chocolate sprinkle for the stem? Hard to tell but they look so good!

Yep! Chocolate sprinkle and a mini green m&m for the leaf. I had all that stuff (except the red sugar) on hand so they were easy to put together. Miss K loved it. I'm not a huge marshmallow fan (though I love marshmallow cream and s'mores :confused3) so I didn't care for it as much. Jason enjoyed it too.

Can I come to your house for movie nights? I can find reasons to visit Ohio, my in laws are in Columbus. I'll just tell them I have serious Disney business to take care of. ;) All these posts make me excited for when/if Phil and I decide to have children.

OK dumb question...how did you get the red shiny sprinkle stuff to stick to the marshmallows?

Can I come to your house for movie nights? I can find reasons to visit Ohio, my in laws are in Columbus. I'll just tell them I have serious Disney business to take care of. ;) All these posts make me excited for when/if Phil and I decide to have children.

Come on over! We have so much fun and disney fans are always welcome! I love seeing the excitement in Miss k's face when we have movie nights. She doesn't know we are going to disney yet but she talks about disney world so I know she will LOVE it. I'm even more excited as a mommy and I wasn't sure that was possible lol.

OK dumb question...how did you get the red shiny sprinkle stuff to stick to the marshmallows?

Not dumb! I rolled the marshmallows in melted white chocolate, let the excess drop off and then rolled them in the red sugar. :) Who doesn't love white chocolate!?

Feature Presentation: Peter Pan:tink:
1430685982.jpg

Activity: Pirate Sword Fights of course!

1430685986.jpg

1430685989.jpg

Snacks: Donut and Cheese Pirate Ships
& Grape Cannonballs
1430685996.jpg

1430686258.jpg

Fish and Chips
1430686279.jpg

Pixie Cakes

1430686272.jpg

So she lost her pants at some point but since this kiddo resists potty training her bum is diapered. She has a vocabulary that rivals a high school student but she won't consistently use the potty... that's our summer goal. I digress! Miss K LOVED Peter Pan. We even played follow the leader when they sang on the movie. Forgot how much I like this movie!

1430686285.jpg

So, miss K wants a tinkerbell party for her birthday and while I'll stick to a theme (a few decorations, a special shirt, and cake) we don't go all out. Like to try and keep it simple. But, I saw these on pinterest and had to make a pair to match her birthday shirt!

1430685975.jpg

So much fun to make and miss K is so excited. Cheap too :)
Her birthday is the 15th of this month and party is memorial day weekend. We found her a tinkerbell bicycle and helmet for her present. I'll share pictures soon. :)

Those shoes are adorable! Also I love your "fish and chips" lol...awesome. And your dogs are super cute too!

Hello all! We did another movie night last night. We kept it fairly laid back because we were tired. I'll post about it later. I'm writing to ask you all for positive thoughts and prayers. Our dog Sophie.. The dog sitting in the back (with Miss k) in the peter pan picture above, tore her ACL yesterday. We have two weeks on anti inflammatory meds and then a re-check. Our vet (who I love and respect) can do a procedure that can mend her ACL but he advises that we may always be able to tell a difference. If needed, it will cost a few hundred... We can also go another route and have it completely repaired which would costs thousands. Unfortunately, a miscarriage costs nearly as much as giving birth and with all the other medical issues we can't afford to have it completely repaired. So, I'm putting it in God's hands and trusting He will heal her.

Oh no!! Poor Sophie!! That's such a tough situation. I hate to see animals in pain. I'm sure your vet will take good care of her though. Thinking positively!

So looking back I realized that I hadn't shared a pictures of my sweet mom or any of our disney favorites! So here we go:

image.jpg1.jpg

My mom Mary!

Favorite Disney Character: Tinker Bell
Favorite Disney Animated Movie: Tinkerbell
Favorite Disney Pixar Movie: To be determined...
Favorite Disney Ride: Also undecided
Favorite WDW Show: The Country Bear Jamboree ( her dad's favorite)
Favorite WDW Parade: Has not seen any!
Favorite WDW Restaurant: Never tried any except QS!

Miss K:
Favorite Disney Character: Tinkerbell
Favorite Disney Animated Movie: Jungle Book
Favorite Disney Pixar Movie: To be Determined (we haven't watched any yet)
Favorite WDW Rides: We will find out in September!
Favorite WDW Shows: See above, though I suspect the Disney Jr sing along and frozen sing along
Favorite WDW Parade: to be determined
Favorite WDW Restaurants: to be determined

Jason:
Favorite Disney Character: Chip and Dale or Mickey
Favorite Disney Animated Movie: Fantasia
Favorite Disney Pixar Movie: Up
Favorite WDW Rides: Expedition Everest & Space Mountain
Favorite WDW Shows: Said he can't decide
Favorite WDW Parade: MSEP
Favorite WDW Restaurants: Liberty Tree and Le Cellier before it went signature.

Me:
Favorite Disney Character: I really can't decide. I have so many favorites!
Favorite Disney Animated Movie: Again... It's hard. I love Mulan, Princess and the Frog, Aladdin, etc..
Favorite Disney Pixar Movie: Up
Favorite WDW Rides: Expedition Everest & Tower of Terror
Favorite WDW Shows: FOLK and Enchanted Tiki Room (the original)
Favorite WDW Parade: MSEP
Favorite WDW Restaurants: Liberty Tree Taverna and Via Napoli

Last edited:
So for some reason I stopped getting notifications of your updates...grr.

Catching up...

The dwarf beards are SO awesome! The pie looked very yummy, too bad Miss K wasn't into it :( The marshmallow apples are adorable!

Miss K makes a super cute pirate! The donut and cheese boats are very clever and the fish and chips is such a cute idea!

I hear ya on the potty training, my DD was a very early talker and always spoke so clear, no one could believe her actual age, but potty training that child was a nightmare! She was so stubborn and had no desire to get out of diapers. My DS on the other hand was a piece of cake to potty train and he wasn't as advanced in speaking. It's so funny how different kids can be. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that Miss K comes around on the potty training soon.

Those Tinkerbell shoes are the cutest things ever! Can't wait to see her all dressed up for her party!

Sending positive thoughts your way for your furry friend :( Poor baby.

Cute picture of your mom and Miss K.

Love that you added the favorites section! Another Enchanted Tiki Room fan :thumbsup2 I will be curious to see how it changes for your mom and Miss K after your trip.

Hello!!
Fellow September trip goer here, joining the excitement and following your PTR!

I also got married in September 2007, yay for anniversary trips!!

Caution: Several updates ahead...
I'm a total slacker! So I'm going to post our movie nights and an overall update. I know you all are just dying to hear what is new. :rotfl2:

Feature Presentation: Lolo & Stitch

Activity: Hula Dancing
1431992286.jpg

1431992294.jpg

Sorry about the blurry picture!

Snack: Pineapple Upside Down Cake
1431992311.jpg

1431992301.jpg

We had alot of fun. Miss K has watched it before but wanted a movie night lol. I took a picture of my hubby in the grass skirt... I can't bring myself to post it :rotfl2:. It's pretty funny.

Feature Presentation: Beauty and the Beast

Activity/Craft: Magic Mirrors
We did these after the movie and bath... Miss K was really messy with our snack.
1431992532.jpg

1431992537.jpg

1431992550.jpg

1431992545.jpg

Snack: Gray (Grey) Stuff
1431992530.jpg

Miss K was glued to this one. I almost can't wait for her to meet Gaston. I think she will let him have it. She told us he was a bad boy and should not hurt the beas because the Beast is a good boy. In fact she was talking about "the bad boy from beauty" tonight during her bath lol.
Next up: Meet the Robinsons. Need to upload the pictures.

1431992523.jpg

This is when Belle's father sees the Beast lol.

OMG she is so cute!! What fun crafts!!! The grey stuff looks good too!! And I really would have liked to see your hubby in a grass skirt lol...what a good sport if he even did it...no way mine would!

Feature Presentation: Meet the Robinsons

Activity: Make Your Own Robot
1432688032.jpg

1432688050.jpg

1432688041.jpg

Dinner/Snack: Pizza and Bowler Hats:
1432688010.jpg

1432688018.jpg

1432688020.jpg

Another cute one. Miss K didn't stick with this one as much, though she loved our food and craft. I wish Disney would do more with this one in the parks. Great message, "Keep Moving Forward."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter