Disney Dreaming ...Planning our daughter's 1st trip and my mother's 1st extended stay!

Yay, you have dates ... and they're the same week as ours! :) Your schedule looks good; have you thought about the new Be Our Guest breakfast? I'm going to try to snag an ADR for pre-opening. That way we can get into the park ahead of the crowd, but since it's quick-service eating won't take long. I just hate the idea of using those early-morning hours when the parks are at their "emptiest" to have a sit-down meal, you know?

Your movie nights are really impressive! The games and snacks are so well-coordinated ... my 4-year-old would love the "find the spot" game. I may have to steal that one. ;)

Awe, 101 Dalmatians was a hit...hooray! Loved the Dalmatian ears and the cupcakes looked super good! Fun activity.

Congrats on Mom joining in on the fun!

Joining in here!! Loving reading about all your plans! Your DD is so cute...I love her blond curls!

Yay, you have dates ... and they're the same week as ours! :) Your schedule looks good; have you thought about the new Be Our Guest breakfast? I'm going to try to snag an ADR for pre-opening. That way we can get into the park ahead of the crowd, but since it's quick-service eating won't take long. I just hate the idea of using those early-morning hours when the parks are at their "emptiest" to have a sit-down meal, you know?

Your movie nights are really impressive! The games and snacks are so well-coordinated ... my 4-year-old would love the "find the spot" game. I may have to steal that one. ;)

I keep hoping they will add the BOG breakfast for that time! Our schedule has completely changed since mom decided to join us! Decided to reduce a park day and add MNSSHP! Yay!

Steal away! I love sharing our family nights and love hearing we inspired someone else! We have so much fun.

Awe, 101 Dalmatians was a hit...hooray! Loved the Dalmatian ears and the cupcakes looked super good! Fun activity.

Congrats on Mom joining in on the fun!

I know I'm so excited that she decided to come with us! It has morphed our trip into something completely different and made me move out of my comfort zone (staying off-site for the first time as an adult) but I'm super excited. Mom really couldn't handle paying disney price on her own so we decided to go off-site. Still going to disney!

She does qualify for the military salute tickets (my dad is retired navy).. She can buy 6 four day park-hoppers or 4 waterpark and more tickets for around $170. So we are reducing our park days and adding a MNSSHP night.

Joining in here!! Loving reading about all your plans! Your DD is so cute...I love her blond curls!

:welcome: Thank you for joining in and thank you for your kind words. Miss K is a turkey bird and the curls certainly match her wild and silly personality :)

Last edited:
[QUOTE="lilmape, post: 53396711, member: 308820"

I know I'm so excited that she decided to come with us! It has morphed our trip into something completely different and made me move out of my comfort zone (staying off-site for the first time as an adult) but I'm super excited. Mom really couldn't handle paying disney price on her own so we decided to go off-site. Still going to disney!

She does qualify for the military salute tickets (my dad is retired navy).. She can buy 6 four day park-hoppers or 4 waterpark and more tickets for around $170. So we are reducing our park days and adding a MNSSHP night.[/QUOTE]

How exciting to try something different! Have you chose an off-site hotel? Wow, major score on the discount! Plus getting to go to a MNSSHP, SO jealous!!! That is amazing!

How exciting to try something different! Have you chose an off-site hotel? Wow, major score on the discount! Plus getting to go to a MNSSHP, SO jealous!!! That is amazing!

Thanks! I'm an over planner so having to change to something new made me super nervous. But after pouring over the boards, we went with Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We are BOOKED! We went through vacation strategies, llc who quoted $876 for a two bedroom luxury condo for seven nights. We are splitting it with mom, so $438 each. I made the deposit so we've already taken care of part of ours :cloud9:. It's on disney property but not owned by disney.

I was nervous at first, the quote was SO good! But they have an A+ from the BBB and awesome reviews on the boards.

So excited! :flower:

Last edited:
So, we have had some changes... Like I mentioned previously, my mom decided to join us. So, we priced out many options of us staying on Disney property. All of those options came out more than mom was comfortable with. She wanted her own room but wanted to be thrifty... That's rough at Disney! So, we decided to research staying off-site. After a lot of research, we booked at a resort on Disney property that isn't owned by Disney, Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Yes, you read that right, WE ARE BOOKED! total cost or a 2 bedroom suite was 876 for 7 nights. The resort is gorgeous with lots of amenities!

My Dad is retired navy and they are currently offering 4 day Parker hopper tickets for around 170 to military or spouses. So, we will use that ticket option. Yay for saving money!

Here's our revised schedule so far:

Sept 27 - Oct 4

Sunday - Arrive
Shopping Trip
Relax at Resort

Monday - HS
1:40 - Hollywood and Vine Lunch
Afternoon Break
Fantasmic (depends on K)

Tuesday - AK
Afternoon Break
possibly MK (depends on K)

Wednesday - Off
Enjoy Resort
Possibly visit DTD

Thursday - Off
Enjoy Resort or DTD
MNSSHP

Friday - EP
10:30 ish Akershus
Afternoon Break

Saturday- MK
9:30 ish - Crystal Palace
Afternoon Break
MK (depends on K)

Sunday - Check out
Kona Breakfast
To MCO :(

Last edited:
Had to postpone movie night because of behavior/illness/holiday. Hopefully doing it tonight :)

Way to go for being booked at WBC. I've heard so many good things about that place!! Sorry about movie night!!

My friend and her family stayed at WBC and she raved about it, sounds like you made a great choice! Bummer on MN :(

Wow I have missed so much! yay for dates and Mom coming along! That will be great for helping out with taking the kiddo along for first time!

I have heard great things about Bonnet Creek. We actually a trip booked there at one point that was canceled. After doing my research on it, it looks good! I would stay there with out hesitation. It will be a good comprise for you all!

Cute movie nights! Things are shaping up for you guys!

Wow I have missed so much! yay for dates and Mom coming along! That will be great for helping out with taking the kiddo along for first time!

I have heard great things about Bonnet Creek. We actually a trip booked there at one point that was canceled. After doing my research on it, it looks good! I would stay there with out hesitation. It will be a good comprise for you all!

Cute movie nights! Things are shaping up for you guys!

I love your movie nights too. One thing I couldn't find a lot of info on though at WBC - what is the transportation like? Or would you really need a rental car...

I love your movie nights too. One thing I couldn't find a lot of info on though at WBC - what is the transportation like? Or would you really need a rental car...

We are going to rent a car. My understanding is that there are paid shuttles available, but it will be faster to drive. WBC is right next door to carribean beach (where we originally planned to stay) so no further than that resort to the parks. once you pay parking for the day you don't pay again so we are looking at $85. Even w flight the trip will be about $2000 less for just my family. :)

So, DIS stopped sending me alerts on threats I am "watching". :headache: I'm going to bookmark everything now and just check every couple days, I feel bad for missing so much!

I read that your dad is retired navy. Have ya'll looked into Shades of Green? They are considered a higher end hotel and have great rates! We were looking there prior to booking at AKL and it was like $96 a night or something along those lines.

I absolutely LOVE your movie nights. It makes me wish I had a little to have them with. :lovestruc

So, Wednesday we finally got to have our movie night for this week.

Feature Presentation: Mulan
Crafts: Chinese Drums; Lanterns; Dragons

1428685016.jpg

1428685019.jpg

1428685028.jpg

Snack: Chocolate Sushi (sliced Swiss Cake rolls); Fortune Cookies
1428685035.jpg

The verdict:
1428685041.jpg

Miss K loved Mulan. I know Mulan is criticized a lot, but it is honestly one of my favorites. I just identify with the character. I would do whatever I had to to protect my family. Kaitlyn watched this one from start to finish. She barely moved and giggled at Mushu. She jumped down to get her dragon near the end when you see the dragon in the parade. She also took it with her to see the doctor the next day.

We have Monsters, INC planned for Sunday and Big Hero 6 for Wednesday. We have netflix and big hero came in this week so I just put together a special snack. No activities, just snack and a movie :). I'll still share.

Last edited:
Wanted to share Miss K's Easter basket. I had JCP rewards for the Tinkerbell costume (hidden under the stuff) and the DVD was free through Disney Movie Rewards. Everything else (except the book) was $1.00 or under. I love a good deal!
1428356486.jpg

Yay for booking your resort! khertz here on the DISboards stays at Bonnet Creek every trip, and her family seems to love the resort. From the sounds of it, it's big and spacious and still really close to the parks. I'm sure you (and your mom) will be happy there.

Adding MNSSHP is great! Personally, the parties are worth the price. The crowds are lighter and the CMs seem to be happier. Everyone is in that "party mindset" and it makes for a really fun atmosphere.

Your chocolate sushi is about the only sushi I'd eat...:rotfl2: And I agree, Mulan is a fantastic film.

After a lot of research, we booked at a resort on Disney property that isn't owned by Disney, Wyndham Bonnet Creek. Yes, you read that right, WE ARE BOOKED! total cost or a 2 bedroom suite was 876 for 7 nights. The resort is gorgeous with lots of amenities!
I have always wondered what those resorts are like and how they are compared to disney in price and amenities. I look forward to your report and finding out more. It looks like a great trip. I am jealous. A very cute easter basket as well. How could she not love that. Good job!!!

Love Mulan and your MN! The chocolate sushi is AWESOME!!! So glad your little one enjoyed it!

Beautiful Easter basket, lucky girl! Great score on the deals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter