Disney Dreaming ...Planning our daughter's 1st trip and my mother's 1st extended stay!

Yay for booking your resort! khertz here on the DISboards stays at Bonnet Creek every trip, and her family seems to love the resort. From the sounds of it, it's big and spacious and still really close to the parks. I'm sure you (and your mom) will be happy there.

Adding MNSSHP is great! Personally, the parties are worth the price. The crowds are lighter and the CMs seem to be happier. Everyone is in that "party mindset" and it makes for a really fun atmosphere.

It looks to be a really nice suite and my mom is thrilled to be joining us. It's located right next to Carribean Beach Resort.

Jason and I did MNSSHP on our honeymoon in 2007. We had SO much fun. When I posed the idea of using the military salute tickets and adding a party he was so excited. My mom has never had the opportunity to attend a special event at disney. She's going to love it and so will Miss K. :)

I love all the "get in the Disney spirit" things you are doing!! So much fun!

Thank you. We are having so much fun. Miss K gets so excited over movie nights. She loves picking out the movie for the next week :)

I have always wondered what those resorts are like and how they are compared to disney in price and amenities. I look forward to your report and finding out more. It looks like a great trip. I am jealous. A very cute easter basket as well. How could she not love that. Good job!!!

Thank you! Ill add some more info about Bonnet Creek. I'm excited at the opportunity to save so much this trip. Miss K LOVED her basket :)

Love Mulan and your MN! The chocolate sushi is AWESOME!!! So glad your little one enjoyed it!

Beautiful Easter basket, lucky girl! Great score on the deals!

That chocolate sushi is the only kind I will ever touch. Lol.

Feature Presentation: Monsters INC.

Activity: Monster Slime
1429060531.jpg

1429060538.jpg

1429060540.jpg

Snack: S'more Doors
1429060548.jpg

1429060553.jpg

Well this was another hit. Miss K has really enjoyed all of our Disney movie nights. She really loved the slime...I have some sensory sensitivities and I just can't touch slime. It makes me gag. It didn't help that Miss K wanted green.. Looked even more like snot... lol :rolleyes2 Thankfully my hubby is very willing to get his hands dirty. He took over once I mixed everything together. Miss K has played with that stuff for days... we watched Big Hero 6 last night. I'll share a picture of our treat once I get it uploaded.

Last edited:
I love those s'more doors!!! awesome!! Although I love anything with marshmallow sauce lol. She looks so cute with it all over her face!! I'm not sure I'd want to touch that slime either but looks like she had a good time!

Loved your S'mores Doors. How cute!
Can't wait to see what you did for Big Hero 6. Since our DS is much younger, we don't let him watch a lot of shows, but that's one movie he is obsessed with. Might have to steal whatever you post about!

We subscribe to Netflix because we never seem to make it to the theatre and we no longer have a movie rental store. Well Big Hero 6 came in and I put together a snack for us to enjoy. We decided on Wednesday as it's the last night we get to enjoy together each week. Jason works a swing shift in his township so Miss K and I are on our own 3 nights a week. It does allow Jason to have Miss K at home on Monday and Thursday. I love that he likes to have daddy/daughter days. Anyway...

Feature Presentation: Big Hero 6

Snack: Baymax Cookies (White Chocolate Covered Oreos)
1429283882.jpg

I can't believe how adorable this movie was. I didn't expect it to catch Miss K's attention. I thought it would be a bit too old for her, but we ALL loved it. I can't wait to buy this one.

We laughed so much. I didn't serve the cookies until Miss K saw Baymax and she instantly made the connection.

I have our Apple pie baking for our next movie night. It smells so good at our house! :cloud9:

Last edited:
Those cookies are cute! I haven't seen that movie yet....my kids have though...but hopefully they won't mind seeing it again!

Those Baymax cookies look delicious! (I'm a sucker for the white fudge-covered Oreos that are only available around Christmas.)

You're still rocking it with your movie nights!

The monster slime is awesome, I love that you put eyes in it! Smore doors...so perfect!

We LOVE Big Hero 6 here too. I didn't really know what to expect, but we all fell in love with it. Such a great movie! My kids keep asking for a Big Hero 6 MN, but I can't think of much food wise. May have to steal your oreo idea. Glad you all enjoyed it!

We LOVE Big Hero 6 here too. I didn't really know what to expect, but we all fell in love with it. Such a great movie! My kids keep asking for a Big Hero 6 MN, but I can't think of much food wise. May have to steal your oreo idea. Glad you all enjoyed it!

I found a ton of big hero 6 food ideas on Pinterest. Pb&j baymax sandwiches :)

Updated plans... Ever changing of course lol. I'll post our most recent movie night soon. Need to upload the pictures to photo bucket :)

Sept 27 - Arrive and rest at resort

Sept 28 - AK (8:25 Tusker House)
Rest
Epcot - Illuminations (maybe)

Sept 29 - MK (10:30 CP Breakfast)
Rest
MK - MSEP/Wishes

Sept 30 - Off Enjoy Resort

Oct 1 - MNSSHP

Oct 2 - HS (12:45 fantasmic Hollywood & Vine)
Rest
HS Fantasmic

Oct 3 - Epcot (8:25 Akershus Breakfast)
Rest
MK

Adorable Baymax cookies! I might have to make those the next time my family watches Big Hero 6. I think my husband would enjoy them more than my son!:rotfl2:

Your plans look good. Lots of relaxing time, which can be a good thing wth a toddler. And in early October it'll still be hot, so those breaks are necessary.

A long overdue movie night... I'm backlogged at work so I get out of there late and then come home and do my mommy duties. We had planned a trip to COSI (in Columbus Ohio) for this weekend, but Miss K ended up sick so we've delayed movie night too so she's feeling better... Anyway! Here's the movie night from last week :)

Feature Presentation: Snow White and the Seven Dwarves

Craft: Dwarf Beards
1429873314.jpg

1429873316.jpg

1429873318.jpg

Snacks: Homemade Apple Pie and White Chocolate covered Marshmallows "Apple" Pops

1429873308.jpg

1429873306.jpg

1429873320.jpg

Miss K wouldn't touch the pie (I knew that would be the result) but she loved the marshmallow pop. She did get a little bored of the movie every once in a while but she stuck with it for the most part. She couldn't get over the "mean witch getting hurt." We enjoyed ourselves. She picked Peter Pan for our next movie... I'm planning to do it tomorrow as long as she has good behavior and eats a good supper.. No sweets without supper! :)

Last edited:
Work can be such a drag! Well done keeping up with the movie nights even with all the work. It looks like another great movie night.Those marshmallows are awesome!!! I look forward to your peter pan night.

Work can be such a drag! Well done keeping up with the movie nights even with all the work. It looks like another great movie night.Those marshmallows are awesome!!! I look forward to your peter pan night.

It sure can! I love what I do, but this time of year gets crazy!

How is your wife? Pregnancy going well? I hope you do a trip report when the little one arrives! It's so much fun to plan :)

So I'm really glad we decided to go off-site after seeing the free dining roll-out. I was curious as to cost yesterday and wasn't able to get the site to work until around 5:00 pm last night. When it did work all the moderate rooms were gone. To upgrade a value room to free dining and add park hoppers was WAY more than we wanted to pay. I also like the flexibility (with a toddler) of not having to schedule so much and being able to just go with the flow a bit more. I used a dining calculator for the places we are planning to eat and QS places and it estimates us under $600 for the week (not including mom in my costs). So with room, park tickets, MNSSHP tickets, and food we are around 1880. I estimate up... I need to book flights and a rental car but we will still come in about 1000 to 1500 less. It's working for us. I hope that those of you who wanted it got free dining! Let's face it, disney doesn't have to do anything for free.

It sure can! I love what I do, but this time of year gets crazy!

How is your wife? Pregnancy going well? I hope you do a trip report when the little one arrives! It's so much fun to plan :)
She is doing great. We had a little scare the other day but my son and wife are doing fine. I will without a doubt put up a TR. I've never done one and it looks like fun. We hope our next trip will be WDW or Disneyland for Thanksgiving 2016. He'll be a year old then. We shall see.

I need to book flights and a rental car
My wife and I went out there last Sept. and rented from EZ rent a car. We got a fantastic deal for a 9 day trip ($150 I think). It was a great experience. I kept checking on a bi-weekly basis for lower rates and managed to get it really cheap. I even managed to get a free upgrade by renting a compact, which they didn't have on the day of our arrival. We drove around in style with our Nissan Altima. In my opinion a rental car is the way to go if you can swing it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter