Disney Dream - Oct. 28, 2016 - 3 night cruise

Just found some updated navigators from a recent September 2016 Halloween on the High Seas cruise on the Dream - it might be helpful for planning purposes. (I hope I'm putting the link in right.)
http://disneycruiselineblog.com/201...oween-cruise-port-canaveral-september-2-2016/
I've heard they are now putting most of the navigator on the app, and mostly just giving out the time-table sheet on paper instead of all those pages, but it's helpful to a newbie like me to see the types of things that may be offered.

Hi! I am new to the board. We are going on our 3rd Disney Cruise Oct. 28th. If I post 10 times can we still get into the fish extender group for the cruise? Hopefully!!
Thanks
Katie

So ideas on if, when, and where to do a quick meet up on the ship? Anyone interested?

I found some cute pirate head scarfs at the Dollar Store - inexpensive and easy to pack! Still have to figure out what kind of Pirate and/or Halloween costume to bring for each of us.

I started ironing on the transfers for some of our matching shirts. It always takes way longer than I think it should. And DH keeps saying I just make unnecessary work for myself!

And I'm working on assembling my FE gift bags! Still have quite a bit of creating & customizing to do on a few things.

Now that it's October, we can say our trip is THIS month! It's exciting, but I'm also getting nervous because there's still so much to do!
Target had black and white striped shirts for all ages. Picked them up today for east pirate costumes.

We've closed the Mickey FE group so everyone can get to work on their gift ideas. If additional people come looking to join an FE, I can help organize the info over the next few weeks.

So, is anyone interested in meeting up on the ship? I thought it would be neat for adults (and kids) to get a chance to meet that first afternoon / evening. We've never cruised before, so I don't have a good idea of schedules or locations. When and where would people suggest meeting up?
My daughter and I would love to meet up. Also I'm willing to help coordinate the planning if needed.

Hello All! I see that there are a few Newbies on the board. This will be our third Disney cruise. I have not participated in the board before but have lots of information to share about the cruise. Let me know how I can help.
Katie

Hi there! This will be our first Disney Cruise. My parents and I are surprising my daughter for her 10th Birthday! She will turn 10 the day the ship sails and will not know where we are going until we get to the ship. We would love to join in on the fish extenders!
How exciting! I am surprising my daughter for her birthday as well. Hers was at the end of September but we wanted to do a Halloween Cruise. Don't forget to tell your servers about your daughters birthday, they will celebrate!

Hello All! I see that there are a few Newbies on the board. This will be our third Disney cruise. I have not participated in the board before but have lots of information to share about the cruise. Let me know how I can help.
Katie

I just thought of something that we did not know the first time around:
Bring markers and a pillow case or mat from a frame for the characters to sign. Put in a zip lock bag and turn in at the front desk.

hello there fellow cruisers!! This will be our second halloween on the high seas cruise, we did it last year and had so much fun we just had to do it again. Hope to see you guys real soon !:earsgirl:
Is there trick or treating on the Halloween cruise? Also, anything else we should prepare for on a Halloween cruise?
Thanks!
Katie

:welcome: TexasMinnie83 !!

I'm so excited to see our group of cruisers growing! And it's awesome that you're not only an experienced Disney cruiser, but also an experienced HotHS cruiser! Please let us know any tips / tricks / advice / not-to-miss things for the cruise.
Just a note on things not to miss!
The pirate party and fireworks. Disney is the only cruise line able to set off fireworks.
The nightly entertainment is top notch! The shows are great for everyone. The Villians show was my favorite!
Katie

Hello, everyone!

I just discovered this forum today as I am doing massive research and planning for our first-ever cruise. This cruise is the biggest surprise party we have ever attempted, gathering together 9 people from three different states (Colorado, South Carolina, and Mississippi). It is a birthday present for a great-grandmother, who will turn 87 during the cruise. As soon as we found out a cruise was on her bucket list, we knew we had to try to make it work, but it was not as hard as I feared: the stars just aligned and here we are. We are travelling with great-grandmother, grandmother, grandfather, my husband and I, and our four kids (girl 20, and boys 17, 8, and 4). The older two kids know about the cruise, the younger two do not. I am super excited and just a little bit overwhelmed. Thank goodness for all the amazing bloggers who write articles telling me what I need to do, see, and pack!

The fish extenders sound super awesome, but I just discovered its existence and have to make sure I have time to dedicate to this feature before committing to it. I am still very early in the process of making nine pirate costumes and nine disney-inspired halloween costumes!

I have one question for anyone who has actually cruised before, because google has failed me... Can I buy the iconic Mickey mouse ears hat with the personalized name embroidered on the back on the cruise ship? My 4 year old saw a WDW ad at the movies, where Mickey greeted a little boy by putting the mouse ears hat on his head and giving him a big hug. He was so excited and said he wanted to hug Mickey and get a Mickey hat. =) I want to make that dream a reality, but if they don't sell the hats onboard, I need to know so l can arrange to buy it beforehand!

Thanks for reading my crazy, long post. Can you tell how excited I am about this cruise? =)
I hope you found your answer about the embroidered ears. We have been on 2 prior Disney cruises. I do not recall seeing any place to get ears embroidered. Lots of ears but plain.

Hope you find them!

Hi! So I think you directed me here from another thread.

This will be my 3rd Disney cruise. The first two were on the Fantasy so I am very excited to experience a new ship, but worried it will be over in the blink of an eye. It is myself, my husband and my two daughters who will be 9 and 11. We live in Arizona. We are also cruising with my sister, her husband and my 3 year old niece. They are currently in Portland, Oregon but may move between now and the cruise.

This will be a surprise cruise for my girls - both the cruise itself and the fact that their aunt, uncle and cousin will be there! We booked Saratoga Springs the night before the cruise.
I have an 8 yr old daughter. She will be excited to find another girl close to her age!

Hi! I am new to the board. We are going on our 3rd Disney Cruise Oct. 28th. If I post 10 times can we still get into the fish extender group for the cruise? Hopefully!!
Thanks
Katie
Hi Katie! :welcome: to the thread and to the cruise!!

We've kind of closed our first group (the Mickey group) already so people could get to work on their gift ideas, but I will definitely start a new second group (the Minnie group) and can help maintain and share the info for you and any newcomers who wish to join within the next week or so. Plus I will check with the other 4 ladies in the Mickey group and if any of us are able to add you to our FE gift lists we can maybe add you to our other group too, but I'd have to check with them first. In any case, I should have enough FE items that I can include you and your daughter :-) I will create a conversation for the Minnie FE group and invite you to it where you can share your room details and favorites (colors, characters, etc.)

There is indeed a form of trick or treating on the Halloween on the High Seas cruises - our 3 night cruise has the Halloween and Pirate things going on the same day/night at different times.
And the pillowcase or mat thing sounds awesome, but I've read that they discontinued that at guest services, though you could bring it to individual characters to sign.

Any other tips you have would be appreciated :)

Hi again Katie! Great news! :) All 5 of us in the Mickey FE group are still able to include you and your daughter for the FE, so once you post again here I'll invite you to our Mickey FE group conversation where you can post your details and see ours.

I hope all our Florida and East Coast cruisers fared okay during Hurricane Matthew. It looked pretty scary for a while.

Glad to see that Castaway Cay apparently survived without too much damage.

Spent a lot of time this week preparing, gathering, and bagging FE gifts - just a few more things to finish up!
And we decorated our Magic Bands for the land portion of our trip - fun, fun. :artist:

Just found this thread...we are also joining this cruise but not telling our kids (son 15 and daughter 5) until we pick them up from school the day before :) This is our second cruise but first Halloween theme...would also love to hear any new ideas/tips anyone has. :)

Just found this thread...we are also joining this cruise but not telling our kids (son 15 and daughter 5) until we pick them up from school the day before :) This is our second cruise but first Halloween theme...would also love to hear any new ideas/tips anyone has. :)
:welcome: kastel !!
It's getting so close now! We're trying to start gathering and packing stuff up already.

Silly question, but do kids Trick or Treat the rooms? Like should we be prepared and bring candy for guests?

Silly question, but do kids Trick or Treat the rooms? Like should we be prepared and bring candy for guests?
From what I've read, the ship has some trick-or-treat stations set up. I don't think there's any door-to-door trick or treating :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter