Disney Dream - Oct. 28, 2016 - 3 night cruise

hello there fellow cruisers!! This will be our second halloween on the high seas cruise, we did it last year and had so much fun we just had to do it again. Hope to see you guys real soon !:earsgirl:

:welcome: TexasMinnie83 !!

I'm so excited to see our group of cruisers growing! And it's awesome that you're not only an experienced Disney cruiser, but also an experienced HotHS cruiser! Please let us know any tips / tricks / advice / not-to-miss things for the cruise.

hello there fellow cruisers!! This will be our second halloween on the high seas cruise, we did it last year and had so much fun we just had to do it again. Hope to see you guys real soon !:earsgirl:

How fun - good sign that you wanted to book it again. Please do share any things unique to this cruise that shouldn't be missed - or that could easily be missed. Just about 6 months to go!!

Pay attention to the Halloween tree in the lobby, it changes every day, there is a really cool Halloween party and trick or treating in the lobby. Very cute decorations! There is also an adults costume contest and Halloween party.

Please add me to the fish extender group, Room # 8064 2 adults, 1 child (boy, celebrating 11th bday) His birthday is on the sail date!! also please add room # 8066 2 adults

Last edited:
Please add me to the fish extender group, Room # 8064 2 adults, 1 child (boy, celebrating 11th bday) His birthday is on the sail date!! also please add room # 8066 2 adults
Awesome! I am so happy you are joining us!! :jumping3: Another birthday celebration too! I think that's 3 birthdays - including 2 on the sail date! (And my boys are excited your son is joining us because it seemed like mostly girls so far :cool: )

I'll invite you to a conversation where we are collecting and sharing all the info for the Fish Extender exchange group participants! (It will show up in your Inbox in the upper right portion of the screen.)

Hi all! we will be cruising with you too! I cant wait!!! quick question: is this a group meet, or fish extender group? or both?

Hi all! we will be cruising with you too! I cant wait!!! quick question: is this a group meet, or fish extender group? or both?
This is a Cruise Meet thread. Many things are discussed and set up on cruise meet threads. Including Fish Extender groups. So it's, sorta, "both".

:welcome: Nenis !!
I'm so excited that you are joining us!!

It's a group to share the excitement of getting ready for the cruise, planning a meet & greet on the ship if desired, and fish extender group for all who are interested! If you're interested in the fish extender group, just post to say so and I'll add you to a conversation where we're posting, collecting, and sharing the info for that. We're doing groups of 10 cabins, and we're currently adding to the first group we're calling the Mickey group. ::MickeyMo

Thanks for the welcoming celebration!
We will not be part of the fish extender group, thanks anyway.
I will probably be the only one partaking in the meet and greet.
And if I can obsess about this cruise, let me start off by saying 176 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!!!! I watch the Portcanaveralwebcam every single day, and everyday I say the same thing: I just cant wait! It has been 6 long years since my first cruise and I just cant wait to go back!

Thanks for the welcoming celebration!
We will not be part of the fish extender group, thanks anyway.
I will probably be the only one partaking in the meet and greet.
And if I can obsess about this cruise, let me start off by saying 176 MORE DAYS TO GO!!!!!!! I watch the Portcanaveralwebcam every single day, and everyday I say the same thing: I just cant wait! It has been 6 long years since my first cruise and I just cant wait to go back!
I'm excited too!! We've never cruised before, but I'm anxious to try, and I've heard lots of good things about Disney cruises. We'll have to figure out a place and time for all those who want to try to meet.

Woo Hoo! I just booked a Rain Forest 1-Day Pass for the cruise! :boat:

Still searching for just the right fabric to use for the main portion of our Fish Extender. I got some fabric bags that we'll sew onto the background fabric for each of our pockets.

It's cool and rainy today, so doing a little Disney & cruise dreaming.

Had a mini-trip this weekend and ended up at a mall with a Disney store. The store (and the online Disney Store) is having a sale right now. Didn't find too much - but DID get one cool item - an insulated bag with Mickey on it on sale for $10 !

We also found some neat little pins at a place called Box Lunch Gifts. They donate a portion of their sales to Feeding America. I got a little Stitch pin that kind of looks like a stained glass window design. I was a little bummed they didn't have the TinkerBelle one that I saw on their website (my Dad likes TinkerBelle and collects pins on his hat). DS4 did get a Baymax one though.

It's been kind of quiet here on our thread. Hope we get some more people joining us in the excitement of anticipating and planning for our cruise!

Updates for us - we were at a Disney Outlet store and didn't find too much, but did decide to splurge on a Mickey beach bag (another $10 "special deal"). We got some of the new LEGO Disney mini-figures when we were at a Legoland Discovery Center. And recently I bought a few more things to use as part of our FE gifts.
AND ... I bought some material for making our Fish Extender! It's not a Disney fabric - it's white with blue and green spirals (kind of tie-dye looking). One DS spied it, and another DS said it kind of looked like hidden Mickeys!

Last edited:
Hello, everyone!

I just discovered this forum today as I am doing massive research and planning for our first-ever cruise. This cruise is the biggest surprise party we have ever attempted, gathering together 9 people from three different states (Colorado, South Carolina, and Mississippi). It is a birthday present for a great-grandmother, who will turn 87 during the cruise. As soon as we found out a cruise was on her bucket list, we knew we had to try to make it work, but it was not as hard as I feared: the stars just aligned and here we are. We are travelling with great-grandmother, grandmother, grandfather, my husband and I, and our four kids (girl 20, and boys 17, 8, and 4). The older two kids know about the cruise, the younger two do not. I am super excited and just a little bit overwhelmed. Thank goodness for all the amazing bloggers who write articles telling me what I need to do, see, and pack!

The fish extenders sound super awesome, but I just discovered its existence and have to make sure I have time to dedicate to this feature before committing to it. I am still very early in the process of making nine pirate costumes and nine disney-inspired halloween costumes!

I have one question for anyone who has actually cruised before, because google has failed me... Can I buy the iconic Mickey mouse ears hat with the personalized name embroidered on the back on the cruise ship? My 4 year old saw a WDW ad at the movies, where Mickey greeted a little boy by putting the mouse ears hat on his head and giving him a big hug. He was so excited and said he wanted to hug Mickey and get a Mickey hat. =) I want to make that dream a reality, but if they don't sell the hats onboard, I need to know so l can arrange to buy it beforehand!

Thanks for reading my crazy, long post. Can you tell how excited I am about this cruise? =)

:welcome: Lauren514
I am so happy you are joining us!! :yay: Another surprise cruise! How exciting! Jkpark and Bugsmom06 are surprising their families too!

It is my very first cruise as well, and I am very excited too! As it is my first cruise, I cannot answer your Mickey ears personalized hat onboard question (though I took a stab at searching online as well). You might want to post that question in a separate post on the main Disney Cruise Line Forum on the Disboards where more people will see it. (I did find one site that looked like they sold at least Disneyland youth Mickey ears hats that they would embroider for you - MouseShoppe. And we will be at DisneyWorld just prior to the cruise, so if you aren’t able to get one on the ship or ahead of time, let me know and I could try to have one made while we’re at DisneyWorld.)

I’m super excited about the Fish Extenders! If you decide you’d like to participate in the FE, just post here to let me know and I can invite you to a “conversation” where we’re collecting and sharing the info for the participating cabins. (You do need to have at least 10 posts on the Disboards in order to use the conversation feature.) We’re keeping the FE at 10 cabins per group so that it doesn’t get too overwhelming. And we’re trying to keep it fun and easy.

Let us know if you have any other questions or want to share any other planning excitement! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with the costumes! I just ordered a red pirate scarf hat for myself from Oriental Trading Co. Do you have ideas yet for the Halloween costumes? I’ve read that not everyone does Disney-themed ones (and not everyone chooses to wear costumes). I’m still trying to decide how much we’ll do for pirate and Halloween costumes, as I always tend to overpack as it is!

Well, welcome once again! Thanks for joining us! :)

I posted my Mickey ears hat question on the main board, thank you so much for that suggestion. I really appreciate your offer to get one from the park for me. I am crossing my fingers that I can buy it on the cruise, because that would be the easiest thing, but if I can't, I may very well take you up on that offer!

We tossed around a lot of costume ideas, trying to find a theme for 9 people that everyone was comfortable with, but pretty much every theme we came up with, my 17 and 20 year olds were appalled at! The only thing they agreed on was a Star Wars theme, but the grandparents were not enthused with that idea and were pretty sure great-grandmother would not be as well. In the end, we decided we didn't have to coordinate and everyone should just pick what they wanted to be so they were comfortable and happy. It wasn't mandated that the costumes had to be Disney, but that's what everyone has gravitated toward (at least the 6 people that know about the cruise; we get to pick for the three who will surprised). I haven't started making costumes yet because I want to give everyone a little time to change their minds, but at the moment I have two Jedi Knights, two Peter Pans, Tinkerbell, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Fairy Godmother!

ok I think I am good, since I put ten test posts on the board...can you add me to the conversation?

:welcome: Danielle729
I am so excited you are joining us!! :jumping3:
I'll invite you to a conversation (formerly Private Messages) where we can collect and share all the info for the Fish Extender exchange group participants! You will need to have 10 posts on the Disboards in order to participate in a conversation. You can use the test board to add more posts as needed. - http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/

So far we have 3 cabins participating (including yours!) We are going to keep the groups at 10 cabins each, but we will keep adding groups until we need to close them (about a month before the cruise) and people can join as many of the groups as they would like.
Hey there I have no idea if I am doing this correctly, but Id like to be added to the conversations!

So Far I have 5 cabins plus mine...is that correct? and idk the room numbers for Lauren514, CheriePenguin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter