• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Disney Dream - Oct. 28, 2016 - 3 night cruise

So Far I have 5 cabins plus mine...is that correct? and idk the room numbers for Lauren514, CheriePenguin.
Hi Danielle729! I will add you to the conversation re: FE's. Glad to hear from you!

I have a database and spreadsheet already in progress. We had several people express interest and then I didn't hear from them again, and TexasMinnie joined but then opted out of our FE. So we have you (once you fill in your info), me, and Jkpark officially added to the FE - group 1 Mickey - so far! Hopefully the others who expressed interest will come back and officially join as well, and I expect more as the cruise date gets closer and closer.

I am getting psyched up about the trip and cruise! And my Mom helped me to make our FE and I think it turned out pretty neat! I just have to add our personalized Mickey head designs to the pockets. I even found some ribbon with Mickey heads on it to use for the top!

Hey to everyone! Do we have any adult only groups here? We are doing a quickie 3 day cruise so my brother's family can see how they do on the high seas. The "baby" of our group is 27, so I'm sure we will probably be on a different rotation than most of you.

My husband and I have done 6 Disney cruises, but NONE for 10 years. Obviously, SO much has changed, from ships and DisBoards, to the technology onboard and what we bring aboard!

On most of our cruises, we've had a great DisBoards group and it makes it so much fun running int someone you kind of know on the ship and on the excursions.

I just paid off the cruise this morning and wanted to get a start at exploring. Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself and see about any adult groups.

Kelli

Hey to everyone! Do we have any adult only groups here? We are doing a quickie 3 day cruise so my brother's family can see how they do on the high seas. The "baby" of our group is 27, so I'm sure we will probably be on a different rotation than most of you.

My husband and I have done 6 Disney cruises, but NONE for 10 years. Obviously, SO much has changed, from ships and DisBoards, to the technology onboard and what we bring aboard!

On most of our cruises, we've had a great DisBoards group and it makes it so much fun running int someone you kind of know on the ship and on the excursions.

I just paid off the cruise this morning and wanted to get a start at exploring. Anyway, just thought I'd introduce myself and see about any adult groups.

Kelli
:welcome: Kellib36 !

We are currently a small informal group, hoping more people will continue to join us as we get closer to our sail date. Most of the people who have posted so far have kids, but I'm sure there will be others who do not. We'll arrange some sort of cruise meet day & time for those who would like to meet up on the ship.

As an experienced Disney cruiser, please fill us in on any tips and tricks or "do not miss" things for the cruise, and other ideas you may have!

[QUOTE="CheriePenguin,
As an experienced Disney cruiser, please fill us in on any tips and tricks or "do not miss" things for the cruise, and other ideas you may have![/QUOTE]

I'll work on thinking of things I've learned. I know I've learned a lot, but SO much has changed in 10 years that I'm a bit overwhelmed myself.

I think I could still take you anywhere you wanted to go on the Wonder and Magic, but this new ship will be a learning experience.

My main thing for most travels is to try to do things you can't do at home. For most of us, just getting to Florida fits that bill. We live in Wyoming, 7 miles from Colorado, so just getting back down to sea level and a lot more oxygen is great.

One important thing to consider is how you will get to the port and back. So many people I know think busses are lame, (maybe that's the western way) and they want to drive themselves. But the port is a ways from the rental car places, less than a mile, but when you have a couple hundred people all wanting to get TO the car rental place, then BACK to the port to pick up their group, it's chaos. But that option is better than taking the whole gang to get the car. Disney transportation is pretty expensive, but they do it right.

When you are on a cruise, you get VERY spoiled: someone makes your bed, someone gets you food and drinks, someone cleans your room, people cater to you in a lot of ways. As soon as you get off the ship, reality sinks in and the world is still as crazy as you left it. Disney transportation gives you that feeling a bit longer, and gives you time to adjust to the real world again.

Last edited:
Hi, we will be cruising with you guys. Im already in a FE group but I seen Lauren post wanting to know about getting mickey ears hat on ship. Yes you can but not embroider. They had so e really nice ones that was cruise pirate themed when we cruised a few months ago. Me and two of my kids took our first cruise in march for three special occasion. We got off and I wanted to go back right away. I made the mistake of not booking a place holder($250.00) for a future cruise within 24 months plus 10% off. I want make that mistake again. Lol. I am so looking forward to our Halloween cruise as the world hasn't been very safe this past year and children are getting older I wanted them to do something other then normal trick or treating this year. So I have booked a cruise for my two myself my mom, and my neice and nephew they are very excited. I did alot of research before and since we got off. There is a really cool ice cream shop on the ship not included in price, you have the one day rainforest spa pass if purchase before cruise is $16 a person, you can now book your princess meet and greets from your disney account, and palo brunch buffet $30 per person. Hope to see you all soon

:welcome: Lori Garcia !
So glad to hear you are joining us! Thanks so much for the notes & tips! We're getting more and more excited about the trip!

Yes, it is getting closer! Almost time for final payment. We are so excited too (about the cruise, not the payment :rolleyes: )!!

All on this cruise are welcome to join us here to share the excitement of planning, and/or plan to meet on board, and/or join our Fish Extender group. :)

Last edited:
:welcome: Kellib36 !

We are currently a small informal group, hoping more people will continue to join us as we get closer to our sail date. Most of the people who have posted so far have kids, but I'm sure there will be others who do not. We'll arrange some sort of cruise meet day & time for those who would like to meet up on the ship.

As an experienced Disney cruiser, please fill us in on any tips and tricks or "do not miss" things for the cruise, and other ideas you may have!
Please add me and my family to the FE private group

Please add me and my family to the FE private group
:welcome: JamMom !
We are happy that you are joining us :)
I will add you to the conversation where we are collecting and sharing our Fish Extender info. We are keeping the groups at 10 cabins each, and are currently adding to our first group (the Mickey group).

Did anyone book their cruise with DU? Im curious if we get a gift as our cruise is a short 3 night cruise

I found you! Yay. We would like to join the FE group. I confess that I have not read all three pages of the post so far but please add us to whatever we need to be added to for inclusion in the group.

Hi Kelli-My DH and I are sailing with no kids. I have been on cruises where the FE numbers are quite high and there was a complete adult only FE group. I have just today (Saturday, July 30) found this group and don't yet know how many people there are. But at any rate, we are "those" people who go to Disney parks and take Disney trips with no kids. I guess we are the kids! I wanted to say hello to you as well. -Erica

I found you! Yay. We would like to join the FE group. I confess that I have not read all three pages of the post so far but please add us to whatever we need to be added to for inclusion in the group.
:welcome: Ericareich !!

We are glad you found us! :)

We are collecting and sharing the info for the FE in a conversation here on the DISboards. You need to have 10 posts for the conversation feature to be accessible. It looks like you have 9 posts so far. Once you have 10 posts, I will add you to the conversation as soon as I can. (One more post on this thread or anywhere else should do it! Or you can use the test board- http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ ).

We are keeping the groups at 10 cabins each, though people are welcome to join as many groups as they would like. We are currently still filling our first group - group Mickey.

Hi everyone! We will also be sailing on the Dream on the 28th. This will be our third Disney cruise. Our kids will be 13, 10 and almost 3. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Hi everyone! We will also be sailing on the Dream on the 28th. This will be our third Disney cruise. Our kids will be 13, 10 and almost 3. Looking forward to meeting everyone!
:welcome: JNCVAL !
So glad to have you join us! My boys will be 12, 10, and 5. They asked if your kids are boys or girls :)
Do you have any tips, based on your prior Disney cruises?

Thanks! They are boy, girl, boy. My oldest son loves the tween club so they will probably see each other there :) A few things I recommend: pack a small bag with bathing suits, etc. your bags often make it to the room after you do. We pack a collapsible shoe hanger to keep on the back of the bathroom door and put things like brushes etc. In the pockets to save sink space. We also bring a power strip, with all the electronics there are never enough outlets. Get on the ship as early as you can, 4 days goes really fast, especially since the 4th day you're off the boat by 9 am :( Also you can request which dining rotation you'd like, they don't guaran tee it but we've always gotten the one we asked for. And if you want to get ice cream on Castaway Cay make sure you do it before 3:00 because that's when they start packing it up LOL Any questions about anything I'm happy to answer! It's such a blast!

Thanks! They are boy, girl, boy. My oldest son loves the tween club so they will probably see each other there :) A few things I recommend: pack a small bag with bathing suits, etc. your bags often make it to the room after you do. We pack a collapsible shoe hanger to keep on the back of the bathroom door and put things like brushes etc. In the pockets to save sink space. We also bring a power strip, with all the electronics there are never enough outlets. Get on the ship as early as you can, 4 days goes really fast, especially since the 4th day you're off the boat by 9 am :( Also you can request which dining rotation you'd like, they don't guaran tee it but we've always gotten the one we asked for. And if you want to get ice cream on Castaway Cay make sure you do it before 3:00 because that's when they start packing it up LOL Any questions about anything I'm happy to answer! It's such a blast!
Thanks for all the tips!! (especially the ice cream one - the boys are very excited about the "unlimited" ice cream)
Did your older son do some things in the Lab with his younger siblings and some in the Edge, or did he mostly stay in the Edge?

He did do a little bit in the Oceaneer Club, but I think only during open family hours, like to make Flubbed which was really fun! But mostly I'd say he was at Edge. Having that bit of independence was just so cool for him.

:welcome: Ericareich !!

We are glad you found us! :)

We are collecting and sharing the info for the FE in a conversation here on the DISboards. You need to have 10 posts for the conversation feature to be accessible. It looks like you have 9 posts so far. Once you have 10 posts, I will add you to the conversation as soon as I can. (One more post on this thread or anywhere else should do it! Or you can use the test board- http://www.disboards.com/forums/test-board.88/ ).

We are keeping the groups at 10 cabins each, though people are welcome to join as many groups as they would like. We are currently still filling our first group - group Mickey.
#10! Hooray.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter