Disney Dream Noise Level on Deck 10 question

dovbniak

Mouseketeer
We have booked b2b cruises and our stateroom is 10066. The Dream's online map shows it to be near the midship elevators.

We are wondering about noise from Deck 11 and noise from the elevators.

Anyone have any experience with the Dream and rooms in this location?

Thank you in advance

We have booked b2b cruises and our stateroom is 10066. The Dream's online map shows it to be near the midship elevators.

We are wondering about noise from Deck 11 and noise from the elevators.

Anyone have any experience with the Dream and rooms in this location?

Thank you in advance
We just recently (Jan 30) stayed in room 10076. If you're sensitive to noise then you might want to consider moving to deck 9 if possible. You definitely hear music and some running around during normal hours. Late night we didnt' have any problems except on Pirate night the music went very late, then the next morning they're re-arranging the deck chairs at around 7:15. We didn't really mind, it was very nice being just 1 deck down, and the view is incredible but some people might be more sensitive to it.

We are booked for B2B in August in room 10136. I am not concerned about a little noise but can you tell me about the overhang from deck 11?

Honestly I didn't even notice it. I didn't consider it an issue. Here's a picture that might help
img_0092.jpg

Great picture...

We are staying in room 10080 in June and we were concerned about the noise and deck overhang. Thank you for your posts and picture. If you have any other pics or comments we would greatly appreciate them as we are first time cruisers.

-R

Thanks to everyone who posted. Just to be safe, we switched to Deck 9 in almost the exact same location on the Port side.

Can't wait!

Happy to share, I know I was ravenous for info before we went. I have seen a lot of negative reviews for Dream but honestly I can say we were very happy overall. I can see what people would be concerned about with the aft elevators coming up in the middle of cabanas, wonder what that thought process was! I would stay away from aft in general I think. The room was fantastic.
Here are some more room pics.
img_0092.jpg

img_0049.jpg

img_0019.jpg

img_0018.jpg

img_0017.jpg

I have some pictures of the desk on my facebook account, let me know if I need to do something to make them view-able.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1495732551&aid=2019928

The shade that overhang provides might actually be appreciated on the really hot days.

Honestly I didn't even notice it. I didn't consider it an issue. Here's a picture that might help
img_0092.jpg

Wow - At least for me, that overhang looks very "industrial" :sad2:

As I wait for the rest of the 2012 dates to be announced - I will be adding

"Stay on DECK 9" to my pre-cruise list

LJM23 - your the best!!

Thanks for the post - we have family in Peekskill and have been through Fishkill just one time - very pretty views. By the way transplants from Syracuse to VA.

Thanks again,
-R

Thanks ljm23 for posting those pics. They are the first that I have seen from a side room on Deck 10.

The veranda overhang looks rather low. It may just be the angle of the picture. How low is it?

Thanks ljm23 for posting those pics. They are the first that I have seen from a side room on Deck 10.

The veranda overhang looks rather low. It may just be the angle of the picture. How low is it?

I think it's the angle. It really did not make any impression on me at all. The view from the verandah was incredible. It is very high from the water but the advantage to that is not being interfered with by the lifeboats as you are on some of the lower floors.
Here are some more pic's I uploaded from my phone so not as good quality:
Left side of the desk:
deskstorage.jpg

Room from verahdah
180413_1837794433368_1495732551_32064479_8061695_n.jpg

verandah from room
167820_1837802633573_1495732551_32064500_679742_n.jpg

Thank you for the photos. I never even thought to ask about noise or overhangs. We have never stayed on floor 10 or above floor 8 on the Wonder. We have 3 cruises reserved, 8/2 10th floor, 8/6 8th floor 2 cabins in and out and 8/12 6th floor 2 cabins front verandah and navigators deluxe. Prob have to let 8/12 go and even 8/6 so 10th floor problems would be a negative. thanks again.

We just reservedd Room 10544 for the 10/27/11 sailing on the Fantasy...very excited! However, now I am nervous about the overhang - we asked the TA to keep a look out for a Room with just the port hole as we did not even want the verandah...but it was the cheapest room left! And with the prices steadily increasing, I had her book this in case it was the last room in this price range left!
Any other info about the overhang would be appreciated!!!

I am a first time cruiser and we will be staying in room 10066
I'm not particularly sensitive to noise but why do people think that the overhang may be an issue?
Sorry if that's a dumb question but as I have never been on anything bigger than a rowing boat before I am not sure what is good/bad :)

I am a first time cruiser and we will be staying in room 10066
I'm not particularly sensitive to noise but why do people think that the overhang may be an issue?
Sorry if that's a dumb question but as I have never been on anything bigger than a rowing boat before I am not sure what is good/bad :)

Maybe just me, but I want to see the sky and stars at night at sea. The overhang looks like it would cut into that view quite a bit. I booked Deck 9 vice 10 for this reason, secondarily for less noise.

We were is room 10064 and the noise was bad almost all day and night. We had to complain 3 times. Chairs scraping the floor at 6 am, kids running until midnight. I would never never stay on deck 10 again in any room. The overhang does block your view and feels more closed in. If you could go down one level do it.

Pete

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter