Disney Dream Noise Level on Deck 10 question

Hi guys. My family stayed in room 10072 on the Dream. We loved the location and the room but deck cleaning between 5-6 can definitely be heard. If possible decks 8 or 9 would be my first choice next time. My teens never heard a thing!

It's funny to see this thread pop back up as I posted my comments before sailing back in May 2011
We stayed in room 10066 and totally loved our stateroom :)
The overhang was not a problem at all and the view was wonderful
I slept like a baby and we had no problem with any noise
It was wondeful to just pop up one deck to grab drinks and breakfast from Cabanas :)

We stayed in room 10066 in October on the Dream, I wasn't too bothered or heard too much noise at all too bother us or spoil our Cruise. There was a few scuffling of chairs in the morning and I can't remember loud music.

With regards to the overhang, we actually liked it because we could still sit on the Balcony if it was raining and we still got some sun but not beating down like on Deck. So if you want full sun in the Balcony and no chance of noise then go one deck down. And if you can maybe move a couple of staterooms away from the elevators as there may be noise from them as its the Busiest elevators being Midship. :surfweb:

Thanks for all the feedback on Deck 10 noise. We will be going on our second Disney Cruise on June 1st on the Fantasy. My daughter was able to get our 2 rooms switched to deck 9 (9612 and 9614). She also found out that the adjoining rooms on deck 10 did NOT have adjoining balconies! Very happy with the decision to move!:)

Do all adjoining rooms on deck 10 on the Fantsy not have adjoining balconies?

We just reservedd Room 10544 for the 10/27/11 sailing on the Fantasy...very excited! However, now I am nervous about the overhang - we asked the TA to keep a look out for a Room with just the port hole as we did not even want the verandah...but it was the cheapest room left! And with the prices steadily increasing, I had her book this in case it was the last room in this price range left!
Any other info about the overhang would be appreciated!!!

We were in 10048 (Dream) and I have to say I never really even thought about the overhang until I saw people discussing it later on these boards. I had to see a picture to realize what the fuss was about. It thought that it was nice to be able sit out there during the day and not get sun in my eyes or on my head. I was able to read without using sunglasses or having to squint.

Hi everyone!

We will sailing on the Disney Dream in October on Concierge Level. On the final day, we know that there are certain restaurants and Cabanas will be open for breakfast. We know that we need to be out of the room by 8am but we would prefer a quieter morning rather than face the busy areas of the ship (my sister hates being in the middle of crowds) We're not morning people so would prefer to have a "quieter" morning as possible.

1. Are we able to order coffee and fruit the night before from concierge/room service to eat in the room? I know the coffee won't be "hot" but it will be okay for the one morning.

2. Is the concierge lounge open at all that morning? Even if we could just grab some fresh coffee it would be great.

3. Is there anywhere else on the ship that's a little quieter to grab coffee and a quick breakfast?

We will be headed straight for WDW and into MK once we check into our resort so we will be able to deal with coffee and fruit until lunchtime. We're not on big breakfast usually.

Thanks for any information you can give me :)

Sweetie, have you posted this in the wrong thread because it is very OT. :confused3

We stayed in 10530 on the dream and I didn't have any issues with noise AT ALL. In fact, we were all asleep early on pirate night and didn't have any issues with any of us waking to the fireworks...I didn't hear a thing.

Honestly I didn't even notice it. I didn't consider it an issue. Here's a picture that might help
img_0092.jpg

We have a hold on the Fantasy 5A cabin #10132. After seeing the picture I am worried about the overhang. Shade would be nice but what about seeing the sky?!

Do all adjoining rooms on deck 10 on the Fantsy not have adjoining balconies?

All rooms and balconies directly next to each other are adjoining by definition. Are they all *connecting* on Deck 10? No. Look at the picture of the overhang above and you'll see what I mean. The connecting balcony door is open to the next one down the line, but you can see the man door (the little oval hatch) for the next bulkhead.

we stayed in room 10506 & 10508. I posted my views about the stateroom on this website and gave it a 3. We had a fabulous cruise, but every morning (and we stayed out late with 5 bars on board!) we could hear noise from the spa/gym. Kind of annoying. Those are great pictures posted of the deck above jetting out over the veranda. I was really disappointed with that. It blocked the sun & gave me a closed in feel. I'm only speaking from experience on the Magic & Wonder on deck 8. I realize things can't be perfect and that Disney has to work to get things clean & ready for the next day. I get that.... but, our next cruise we booked one deck down for this reason only. The Dream is a beautiful ship & we had a wonderful cruise. No complaints....except we know better next time to book a different cabin.

I will *never* stay in the 10500 to 10530 block of rooms again. People can't figure out how to set weights down correctly in the gym, and they can't figure out how to not let doors slam. I never slept past 7, and I'm usually up until it's just me and the cleaning crew at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter