Disney Dream Noise Level on Deck 10 question

Honestly I didn't even notice it. I didn't consider it an issue. Here's a picture that might help
img_0092.jpg

Thank you for posting this pic. We are booked in 10570, on our upcoming cruise and wondered how far the Deck 11 overhang would extend over our verandah. I have seen other pictures posted, but none that show it as well as yours :)

Thanks again

I stayed in 10040, it was noisy very early in the morning. Chairs being dragged woke me up every day. I don't understand how, but it seemed to go on forever. The overhang from above was fine with me.

I am actually more concerned about the lifeboats blocking my view if I book a lower deck. I wish they didn't stick out. It seems if you are on deck 6 midship, you would be looking down on the lifeboats instead of the water. Hopefully the view from deck 7 or 8 won't be so bad. I just wish they tucked the lifeboats in or built the balconies out.

we stayed in room 10506 & 10508. I posted my views about the stateroom on this website and gave it a 3. We had a fabulous cruise, but every morning (and we stayed out late with 5 bars on board!) we could hear noise from the spa/gym. Kind of annoying. Those are great pictures posted of the deck above jetting out over the veranda. I was really disappointed with that. It blocked the sun & gave me a closed in feel. I'm only speaking from experience on the Magic & Wonder on deck 8. I realize things can't be perfect and that Disney has to work to get things clean & ready for the next day. I get that.... but, our next cruise we booked one deck down for this reason only. The Dream is a beautiful ship & we had a wonderful cruise. No complaints....except we know better next time to book a different cabin.

We were is room 10064 and the noise was bad almost all day and night. We had to complain 3 times. Chairs scraping the floor at 6 am, kids running until midnight. I would never never stay on deck 10 again in any room. The overhang does block your view and feels more closed in. If you could go down one level do it.

Pete

What exactly did you complain about?

We have 10060 and 62 booked.

we are on deck 10 in room 10036. The overhang wont bother me but my concern is the noise. How early in the morning did the noise start? This is our first cruise and Im hoping we didnt make a mistake with the deck we picked.

we are on deck 10 in room 10036. The overhang wont bother me but my concern is the noise. How early in the morning did the noise start? This is our first cruise and Im hoping we didnt make a mistake with the deck we picked.

We are from the West Coast, so it was easy for us to stay up til 2 am and close the skyline bar. The noise started at 6- 6:30am and sounded like chairs or equipment being moved around & dropped. Not sure why the spa/gym would have that noise, but it did wake us up every morning. Now I, could fall back asleep... but DH was not able to... but he managed on 4 hours sleep with a nap sometime during the day. Our stateroom host was great though!

We are going in Mid-May, and I personally, will appreciate the over-hang. It will shade the balcony while I read from my IPad as DH takes his nap (he's like a toddler and has to have his afternoon nap!) AND so far, it rained during our whole honeymoon AND on our 1st anniversary. If our luck holds true, I'll appreciate that overhang, because we will protect us from the rain while we toast our 2nd anniversary from the balcony :rotfl:

We are in room 10024. It appears to be right below the concierge rooms, so unless they have a hurd of teen-aged elephants (like my son, he is the heaviest walker!) it should be realitively quiet.

DH and I are booked in room 10066 for our 10 year anniversary B2B in September. I'm now a little concerned about the noise in the morning - but perhaps I'll bring a white noise generator to combat that. I'm actually not at all concerned about the overhang - in fact, for me it might be a good thing. I am very sensitive to the sun. It will be nice to be able to enjoy the balcony without all the direct sunlight.

We were on Deck 8 last year on the magic. (I think it was 8....under the pools etc..) We would hear chairs and such in the mornings and late evenings. Wasn't that big of a deal to me. I CHOOSE to have fun though. It is a cruise ship and they have things that need to be done in the early and later hours to keep our day time activities rolling along smoothly. It is what you make of it. Now if they were rearranging chairs and tables at 3am I might have a problem :) Being woke up at 6am(or even 530) in the middle of the ocean with a balcony to step out on and take it in.....I can totally deal with that ;) (Napping is a luxury on vacation I do not have at home)

We were on Deck 8 last year on the magic. (I think it was 8....under the pools etc..) We would hear chairs and such in the mornings and late evenings. Wasn't that big of a deal to me. I CHOOSE to have fun though. It is a cruise ship and they have things that need to be done in the early and later hours to keep our day time activities rolling along smoothly. It is what you make of it. Now if they were rearranging chairs and tables at 3am I might have a problem :) Being woke up at 6am(or even 530) in the middle of the ocean with a balcony to step out on and take it in.....I can totally deal with that ;) (Napping is a luxury on vacation I do not have at home)

:thumbsup2 I hear ya ...We want to be up at the crack of dawn to enjoy as much of the ship and our port days as we possiblly can, so the 6am "wake up call" will be a bonus;) With only three nights on the Dream, the last thing I want to be doing is wasting valuable time by sleeping :confused3, and lets face it, traveling with two teenaged girls who are both 17, deck noise aside, its not like we'll be getting much sleep anyway :rotfl::rotfl:

Thanks for posting the overhang picture. That really changed my mind and I rebooked to deck 8 cat 5b.
:thumbsup2

We are in 10008 for next month. I know it's at the front of the ship. Any information on that far up? I believe it is right under the spa. Early waking isn't an issue as the boy likes to get up early anyway.

I just got my GTY room assignment for January - 10022. It is near the forward elevators on the port side, and appears to be below the Concierge rooms, so I don't think I have to be concerned about noise. I didn't know about the overhang, but we are just going to be so thrilled with having a verandah for the first time, we won't know any different!

I just got my GTY room assignment for January - 10022. It is near the forward elevators on the port side, and appears to be below the Concierge rooms, so I don't think I have to be concerned about noise. I didn't know about the overhang, but we are just going to be so thrilled with having a verandah for the first time, we won't know any different!

We are in room 10024. It appears to be right below the concierge rooms, so unless they have a hurd of teen-aged elephants (like my son, he is the heaviest walker!) it should be realitively quiet.

I would love to hear what both of you think of these rooms after you go. We are booked in room 10024 on the Fantasy. The review I read of the room on the Dream was positive, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

We were in room 10088 in June. The noise was an issue for us, especially on pirate night. We booked 9088 for our next cruise in Nov 2012. The overhang was not an issue for us at all.

I stayed in 10064 back in Feb 2011. Although we loved the free upgrade from oceanview, I had to sleep on the sofa bed and dealt with the noise from upstairs. I'm a light sleeper, so it bothered me a bit, but it was really the only thing I could complain about concerning that room.

We stayed in 10114 and the overhang and noise didn't bother us. What was interesting was the reason for the overhang...there is a trolley that runs along the top with a 2 man "window washing" crew. While in port be prepared to see them, I think we saw them in every port. It's hard to remember that someone could see in when you are so high up but it did happen.

We are going in Mid-May, and I personally, will appreciate the over-hang. It will shade the balcony while I read from my IPad as DH takes his nap (he's like a toddler and has to have his afternoon nap!) AND so far, it rained during our whole honeymoon AND on our 1st anniversary. If our luck holds true, I'll appreciate that overhang, because we will protect us from the rain while we toast our 2nd anniversary from the balcony :rotfl:

Hi Scrappy - We'll be in this same room BUT on the Fantasy in Oct. I hope you'll "come back" and post your experience!

Thanks!

:cool1:
I would love to hear what both of you think of these rooms after you go. We are booked in room 10024 on the Fantasy. The review I read of the room on the Dream was positive, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

We're doing a B2B on the Fantasy in this same room in October. I'll let you know what I think when we get back as well as post a room report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter