Disney Dream March 7-10, 2013 - 3 Nights Bahamas

Hi! My two daughters (ages 4 and 11) and I are super excited for this cruise on the Dream!! Out first cruise, ever! See you all soon!

I'm not sure why, but when I click the link to the Facebook page for our cruise, it just takes me to my home page. Any suggestions? Thanks!

The name of the page is : March 7, 2013 Dream Cruise

I would just search that name. We are up to 5 members. Join in.

Requested to Join the facebook page!!! Starting to get excited!! I guess I should be hearing about my room location soon since I got a VGT rate....so nervous!

Hi everyone! I made a video of what happens when I try to find the Facebook page for our cruise. I tried posting the link of my video here but it wont let me input url's....so, to find my video-

Go to youtube
Search for my channel which is : aubreighsmommy
them my most recent video posted is called "dream cruise fb page help?"

Thanks!- Kristi

Hi everyone! I made a video of what happens when I try to find the Facebook page for our cruise. I tried posting the link of my video here but it wont let me input url's....so, to find my video-

Go to youtube
Search for my channel which is : aubreighsmommy
them my most recent video posted is called "dream cruise fb page help?"

Thanks!- Kristi

Hi Kristi,

Thanks for posting the youtube video. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you because I have exactly the same problem. If I click on the link it takes me to my Facebook home page, if I cut and paste "March 7, 2013 Dream Cruise" in my Facebook search it can't find it.

Sigh....:confused3

Hey there! I mentioned earlier that it will be just myself and my two kids cruising. I plan on spending 99% of my time with my kids (which is why I chose a Disney Cruise) but I would like to take an hour (or 2!) to check out the bars on the ship. I noticed another single mom posted on this thread, and I might have even seen a single dad post as well. Would any other single cruisers like to meet up to check out the ships night life? I would like to clarify that when I say a "single" cruiser, I am not referring to unmarried, I simply mean traveling without another adult. I am ONLY looking for friendly conversation while enjoying a beverage and the ships nightlife. It would be much more enjoyable to check out the nightlife while having conversations with someone else, as opposed to being alone. Because of my social intentions, any age or gender is welcome! Anyone? 14 days!!!

Hi Kristi,

Thanks for posting the youtube video. Unfortunately, I don't know how to help you because I have exactly the same problem. If I click on the link it takes me to my Facebook home page, if I cut and paste "March 7, 2013 Dream Cruise" in my Facebook search it can't find it.

Sigh....:confused3
Thanks for sharing! At least I know it isn't just me, and it is a technical issue. Thanks!

I was wondering if I am the only one concerned about the crime against American tourists in Nassau? I have spent many hours reading online reports about rapes, robberies and thefts that have happened specifically to American cruisers near the Nassau port. The threat level to Americans has been at the highest level of "critical" for over a year now. Considering I am sailing with just my two daughters, I have given this some serious thought, and actually cancelled our Nassau Harbor Cruise that was planned because it requires a 15 minute walk from the ship. We have decided to stay on the ship while in Nassau. I hear it will be the perfect time to enjoy the pools and the Aqua Duck which are normally crowded, while everyone is off the ship in Nassau. Please know that I understand crime happens everywhere. I know that thousands of Americans tour Nassau each day and the numbers of crimes are low when compared to ratio of people. I don't know if its my 4 years as a criminal justice major that heightens my awareness or not, but I do know that a single mom with 2 girls would be more of a target that a male/female couple, and its not worth the risk to me. I plan on enjoying every minute of Castaway Cay for my Bahamian vacation. I was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or opinions on the matter?

Kristi

Hello,

The current FE group is closed but if you and "Lady and the Mouse" would like to start up another FE group that is certainly an option. We have a couple of families in our group that are leaving 1-2 weeks before the cruise so the timeline to get the goodies together is pretty short for them at this point.

However... if you do choose to start a second FE group, I would be happy to notify all the participants in the first group to see if they would to join in yours too! :thumbsup2
Any word of any last minute FE exchanges? We'd love to participate!

I didnt have a problem oining on facebook. Although I did search for it through facebok. I would be interested in doing FE also but I think Im not sure if there is enough people for another group.

I know there is a VGT board. However i was wondering on this cruise specifically if anyone has gotten their VGT room assignment yet?

We're interested in participating in the FE. Our boys are 10 and 11. We are sailing on the 5 night Wonder out of Miami just before this cruise and telling the boys that we're driving to an airport in another city to fly home, but we're actually driving to Port Canaveral to cruise on the Dream. We haven't sailed on Disney in 5 years and the 11 year old has been begging to go on one of the new Disney ships. Our vacations have never been a surprise for them, so it should be fun.

How does the FE work? I know you hang something (ideally an FE) outside your cabin and other participants deposit gifts, either one for each family member or one for the family as a unit, correct? Do we schedule this for a specific day? Is there a $ limit? or more importantly for us, is there an understood size limit? It might be challenging to pack gifts for FEs on back to back cruises. Let me know the details and let's get this party started. :cool1:

-Kristi
Just wanted to say hey, I'm another Kristi with an "i" on your cruise ; ) I rarely see Kristi's spelled our way. : ) I never had barrettes or pencils with my name on them when I was a kid...lol

Any word of any last minute FE exchanges? We'd love to participate!

Hello there,

The first FE group is a total of five families; I have reached out to those participants and at this point one family has expressed interest in joining in another FE group. I do know that two of the families (includng myself) will unfortunately be unable to join the second group due to time constraints, but I woud be happy to put the group list together for you. I want to add though, if you are interested in participating in the second FE group please let me know right away.

Please refer to post #15 of this thread for FE information and PM me the following info:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating (including adults), ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc
-- An email address for your family (please confirm you are okay with other FE families seeing your email address)
-- Favorite Disney character

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Hello there,

The first FE group is a total of five families; I have reached out to those participants and at this point one family has expressed interest in joining in another FE group. I do know that two of the families (includng myself) will unfortunately be unable to join the second group due to time constraints, but I woud be happy to put the group list together for you. I want to add though, if you are interested in participating in the second FE group please let me know right away.

Please refer to post #15 of this thread for FE information and PM me the following info:

-- DISboard username
-- First names of those participating (including adults), ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- An email address for your family (please confirm you are okay with other FE families seeing your email address)

Thank you! We would love too! I will send you the requested info now! Thanks again! Woohoo!

Anyone who wants to join the Facebook page, the link should be www.facebook.com/#!/groups/445425908861135/

If that does not work search Richard David Harris. My profile picture is of a P-51 mustang which I was lucky enough to sit in. I will get you added. We only have 6 members so the more the merrier. Posting some pictures there from my last Dream cruise.

Cheers

Richard David Harris

Love2Plan4Disney

I'm another mom traveling with just my kids--so yes, if my kids want a break from me I'm happy to hang with another adult!!

Hello there,

-- DISboard username

The Bad News: The cruise date is getting really close so this second FE group must close on midnight, Sunday night, February 24th to allow time for participants to get the FE goodies together. It seems that many families leave home at least a few days before the cruise. :drive:

The Good (actually Great) News: The cruise date is getting really close!! :cool1:

So...

Please PM me right away if you want to join! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter