Disney Dream March 7-10, 2013 - 3 Nights Bahamas

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :)

Have a great cruise!

My DH & I, daughter and family will be on this cruise. This is our 5th Disney cruise but the first time my daughter is sailing. We're looking forward to checking out the Dream.

Patti and I (Richard) are in for a quick cruise and have chosen this one. No cruising in hurricane season ever again. We got to meet Sandy last time. What a ride.

It's good to see more people are posting about going on this cruise!

I'm a newbie here and was wondering if: a) any of you have participated in a fish extender exchange and b) is there interest in getting a fish extender exchange going for this cruise?

:o)

Patti and I (Richard) are in for a quick cruise and have chosen this one. No cruising in hurricane season ever again. We got to meet Sandy last time. What a ride.

Wow - I can't even imagaine what that must have been like. Let's all have a fun, smooth and safe trip! ::yes::

We have never participated in a FE but if one is put together I'll check with my DD to see if she would like to join in.

We're interested in participating in the FE. Our boys are 10 and 11. We are sailing on the 5 night Wonder out of Miami just before this cruise and telling the boys that we're driving to an airport in another city to fly home, but we're actually driving to Port Canaveral to cruise on the Dream. We haven't sailed on Disney in 5 years and the 11 year old has been begging to go on one of the new Disney ships. Our vacations have never been a surprise for them, so it should be fun.

How does the FE work? I know you hang something (ideally an FE) outside your cabin and other participants deposit gifts, either one for each family member or one for the family as a unit, correct? Do we schedule this for a specific day? Is there a $ limit? or more importantly for us, is there an understood size limit? It might be challenging to pack gifts for FEs on back to back cruises. Let me know the details and let's get this party started. :cool1:

-Kristi

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to post FE exchange info but I need to get up to 10 posts before I can post the message since it includes a link.

Here's adding one post to the counter...

Okay then...

Let's see if we can figure this FE party out together :cheer2:

Here is information I found posted on another thread. I changed the dates to our cruise times but we need to agree on a date to close the FE group join -3 weeks before the cruise??

Welcome to the the Fish Extender Exchange Group for the March 7, 2013 Disney Dream Cruise!

If you'd like to join, please post here that you'd like to join. Then for privacy, please message me the following information:

-- DISboard username
-- Cabin # (if you know it already)
-- Family Last Name (helps with personalizing family gifts)
-- First names of those participating, ages of kids in cabin and whether boys (B) or girls (G)
-- Any special cruise celebrations
-- Any food allergies, etc
-- An email address for your family

If you are uncomfortable posting any of the personal information, you can simply say "Adult, Male" or "Girl, 8" for example.

For those who are new to this fun cruise experience, the Fish Extender itself is a pocket panel you hang from the fish shaped hook outside your stateroom. These can be homemade or you can purchase them on sites like Etsy, you can also find some pictures on Google or DIS forums. Families that join the FE group hang the Fish Extender outside their cabin and then exchange little gifts with others participating in the group by putting little gifts in each others extenders.

Here is a thread with some basic info about it:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=32651483&postcount=378

It's a ton of fun, not just for kids, and you can either give one gift to each cabin, or a gift to each person in the cabin. You can give gifts a few times throughout the cruise or just once. No real set rules, just exchange and have fun! Gifts can be homemade or storebought. That's part of the fun . . . the variety of gifts that everyone brings!

Our group will close Thursday, February 14th. This allows people time to order, make, assemble, personalize, etc their gifts. Thank you!!

Guidelines for our fish extender:
1. Each cabin is to provide AT LEAST one gift to each cabin participating in the fish extender. You can provide a gift to each person within that cabin, just the kids, or one gift for the whole cabin...that is up to you. Of course, you are welcome to give more than one gift...but the minimum is one.
2. All gifts are to be delivered between the cruise leaving port on Thursday, March 7th until 4 PM on Saturday, March 9th. This gives people time to still be able to pack their bags on March 9th before we leave the ship the morning of March 10th.
3.Please include a tag with your DISboards user name on the gift. This way everyone knows who the gift is from.

Here is a list of IDEAS of what you might want to bring for the FE on the cruise...to add to your packing list if you'd like:
1. The FE gifts that you are making/preparing -- total number will be announced after our February 14th sign up deadline.
2. An FE pocket/hanger to hang outside your cabin. You can find them on eBay by searching "Fish Extenders" or you can make one or search on line other places.
3. A zip tie to help attach your FE HANGER. Some people have commented theirs have sadly walked away...but if you attach it with a zip tie...then it is not as likely to walk away.
4. Scissors to cut the zip tie when you're packing...LOL! Don't want to leave it for someone else.
5. On the forum, some people recommend bringing thank you notes so you can write a quick note to the person who gave you a gift.

Since this is my first Disney cruise if someone out there has additional information about the FE exchange process that would be helpful, please post.

Thank you! :wave:

Kristi I have a 10 year old son too :)

My experience with the FE were great. Some people gave little gifts each day, some did one "big" family gift and some even brought items that were unique from the state/country they were from.

ktnryansmom - That's good to know. Maybe our 10 year olds can hang out, which will allow my 11 year old to go to Edge. It would be good for my boys to spend a little bit of time apart.

californian - Thanks for getting the FE started. I work long hours, so I'll probably only visit the boards a couple of times a week, but I'll help out any way I can. I will message you momentarily with our info.

Now to decide whether to make or buy my FE.

Any divers on this trip?

Also for the sail away party, it is great to drink a bottle of wine 13th deck port side bow to check out the NASA facilities? Anyone up for it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter