Disney Dream April 8, 2016 3D Bahamian

Hello! We just made a last minute decision and shortened our WDW trip and added on this cruise! It's our first Disney cruise so I'm feeling unprepared and would love to be added to the group? I'm also curious about the FE-sounds like fun!

Hi dcab27 we booked very last minute too. It's our 7th cruise but 1st on the dream. We've squooze this in the middle of the parks as I really wanted to do the dream. We don't do the FE as we struggle for luggage allowance.

Hello, we will be in room 12516, and would love to participate in the FE group. We have a son who is 11 and a daughter who will turn 4 on the cruise. This is our 3rd Disney Cruise.

Hi Disney lovers! We are going on our first Disney Cruise to celebrate our son's 3rd birthday! I've heard about the fish extenders and would love to join the group for our cruise. Can someone help me get connected? I am brand new to Disboards and am a little lost! Thanks!

Hello! We just made a last minute decision and shortened our WDW trip and added on this cruise! It's our first Disney cruise so I'm feeling unprepared and would love to be added to the group? I'm also curious about the FE-sounds like fun!

Hello, we will be in room 12516, and would love to participate in the FE group. We have a son who is 11 and a daughter who will turn 4 on the cruise. This is our 3rd Disney Cruise.

Hi Disney lovers! We are going on our first Disney Cruise to celebrate our son's 3rd birthday! I've heard about the fish extenders and would love to join the group for our cruise. Can someone help me get connected? I am brand new to Disboards and am a little lost! Thanks!

All those interested in participating in the Fish Extender exchange - see post #52 on this thread.

All those interested in participating in the Fish Extender exchange - see post #52 on this thread.
Thank you PrincessSchmoo! So nice to have someone "directing traffic". Appreciate your help. Do you know if adults are allowed to participate in the FE exchange?

Thank you PrincessSchmoo! So nice to have someone "directing traffic". Appreciate your help. Do you know if adults are allowed to participate in the FE exchange?
Typically everyone participates, but each group sets it's own "rules". Here's some random info I've compiled about Fish Extender exchanges:

HOW MANY CABINS WILL BE IN MY FE GROUP and WHO PARTICIPATES???
That depends on your cruise meet group. They range in average from 10-15 sometimes even 25 and up. Most do the smaller groups with the option to join more than one. It makes it more manageable.

This is typically a whole cabin event. You usually may not just sign up the kids. There are some cruise meet groups that have Adult Only groups. But not Kids only.

If you are signing up more than one cabin to participate, you should not combine them. It’s not fair for people to make items for 2 cabins and receive from 1 of them. They should be counted as 2 separate cabins.

DO I HAVE TO BUY FOR EVERYONE? DO I NEED TO GIVE PER CABIN?
Sort of…You have to do something for EVERY CABIN PARTICIPATING, You choose whether its adult gifts or kids gifts or cabin gifts or a combination.YOU CAN NOT LEAVE A CABIN OUT IF THEY HAVE SIGNED UP. At the very least, 1 cabin gift, per cabin. Some do a cabin gift, and then do a few items for the kids. Some do individual for each member of the cabin. Some people are crafty and make gifts, and some are store bought. Some gifts are to be used on board and some are to be used at home.

WHEN LEAVING A GIFT, DO WE IDENTIFY WHO IT IS FROM?
Some people do put some kind of to/from tag on their items. Most want to know who it came from. Some do it because they don't want people to think they got shorted a gift or assumed theft of an item. Others go with the original intent and deliver anonymous gifts.

DO WE PUT GIFTS IN EVERY DAY OF THE CRUISE? WILL I HAVE TO WALK ALL OVER THE SHIP TO DELIVER?
That's up to you. Most deliver ONCE. Most do one gift, some do multiple gifts. You don’t want to spend your whole cruise delivering gifts. It can be time consuming. Most deliver over the whole length of the cruise. One morning you do all the cabins on decks 4-6 that are Forward. Another time you do all the mid cabins on decks 1-4. And so on. It’s suggested you break up your list by location: Forward, Mid and Aft before leaving home. Large zip locks are good for this. Start from your highest deck and work your way to your lowest.

*If you are on a longer cruise, consider delivering later in the week. Most deliver in the beginning and then there is nothing towards the end (and the kids like to find stuff in the holder). You don’t have to deliver all on the first day, especially on the longer cruises. On the reverse - don't deliver the last night, as people will be packing up and putting their bags out for pick up.

Don’t deliver in the middle of the night, when no one is around, or when people are off the ship when sticky fingers are more likely.

ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?

• It has been pointed out that some TAs are giving wrong info. They are saying you can hang a FE holder outside your door and expect gifts.
  • Cast members are not walking around like Tinkerbelle handing out gifts.
  • You cannot just show up on a cruise with gifts to randomly pass out (well you could but that would be “pixie dusting” not participating in a FE).
  • You have to find your Cruise Meet group and join a FE group to know how many people are participating, how large your group will be and all other info.
This is a voluntary program and is not sanctioned by Disney

Great! So everyone participating in the FE please post your room # and how many people will be receiving a FE gift for your room. I will cut the list off on March 1st and post it giving everyone about a month to get their gifts ready.
Can you please add our family to the list. We are all on Deck 2 and have three staterooms that would like to take part: My husband and I are in #2523 (2 adults), our almost three year old son, who's birthday we are celebrating will be in #2525 with his grandma and grandpa (2 adults, 1 toddler), and my son's auntie and uncle will be in #2521 (2 adults). Thank you for organizing this group! :)

Great! So everyone participating in the FE please post your room # and how many people will be receiving a FE gift for your room. I will cut the list off on March 1st and post it giving everyone about a month to get their gifts ready.
I have a few questions about our FE group that I'm hoping you can answer. Do we have a limit on the number of participants? Also is there a theme, or a price limit that we should be working with? This is our first FE and trying to figure all this stuff out! Thanks again!

Hi just wondering when the final count and cutoff is for fish extenders? Just want to know how many I'm getting ;)). So excited

[QUOTE="quiltdiva, post: 55006703, member: 530729" Is there an ordained minister on board??? We would like to get married on the cruise.

[QUOTE="quiltdiva, post: 55006703, member: 530729" Is there an ordained minister on board??? We would like to get married on the cruise.
No. You can bring your own. Or, if you set up a "Disney wedding" you will be married before boarding the ship, and have a "show" ceremony onboard.

How about if everyone who is interested in the FE simply posts their room number and how many people in in that room will actually have a spot outside their door to receive a FE gift. Then I can compile a list and post it as a reply about 30 days prior to the cruise giving everyone enough time to prepare their gifts.

Hey!! Are you still planning to post a list appx 30 days prior? I'm ready to start shopping!!!

Typically everyone participates, but each group sets it's own "rules". Here's some random info I've compiled about Fish Extender exchanges:

HOW MANY CABINS WILL BE IN MY FE GROUP and WHO PARTICIPATES???
That depends on your cruise meet group. They range in average from 10-15 sometimes even 25 and up. Most do the smaller groups with the option to join more than one. It makes it more manageable.

This is typically a whole cabin event. You usually may not just sign up the kids. There are some cruise meet groups that have Adult Only groups. But not Kids only.

If you are signing up more than one cabin to participate, you should not combine them. It’s not fair for people to make items for 2 cabins and receive from 1 of them. They should be counted as 2 separate cabins.

DO I HAVE TO BUY FOR EVERYONE? DO I NEED TO GIVE PER CABIN?
Sort of…You have to do something for EVERY CABIN PARTICIPATING, You choose whether its adult gifts or kids gifts or cabin gifts or a combination.YOU CAN NOT LEAVE A CABIN OUT IF THEY HAVE SIGNED UP. At the very least, 1 cabin gift, per cabin. Some do a cabin gift, and then do a few items for the kids. Some do individual for each member of the cabin. Some people are crafty and make gifts, and some are store bought. Some gifts are to be used on board and some are to be used at home.

WHEN LEAVING A GIFT, DO WE IDENTIFY WHO IT IS FROM?
Some people do put some kind of to/from tag on their items. Most want to know who it came from. Some do it because they don't want people to think they got shorted a gift or assumed theft of an item. Others go with the original intent and deliver anonymous gifts.

DO WE PUT GIFTS IN EVERY DAY OF THE CRUISE? WILL I HAVE TO WALK ALL OVER THE SHIP TO DELIVER?
That's up to you. Most deliver ONCE. Most do one gift, some do multiple gifts. You don’t want to spend your whole cruise delivering gifts. It can be time consuming. Most deliver over the whole length of the cruise. One morning you do all the cabins on decks 4-6 that are Forward. Another time you do all the mid cabins on decks 1-4. And so on. It’s suggested you break up your list by location: Forward, Mid and Aft before leaving home. Large zip locks are good for this. Start from your highest deck and work your way to your lowest.

*If you are on a longer cruise, consider delivering later in the week. Most deliver in the beginning and then there is nothing towards the end (and the kids like to find stuff in the holder). You don’t have to deliver all on the first day, especially on the longer cruises. On the reverse - don't deliver the last night, as people will be packing up and putting their bags out for pick up.

Don’t deliver in the middle of the night, when no one is around, or when people are off the ship when sticky fingers are more likely.

ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?

• It has been pointed out that some TAs are giving wrong info. They are saying you can hang a FE holder outside your door and expect gifts.
  • Cast members are not walking around like Tinkerbelle handing out gifts.
  • You cannot just show up on a cruise with gifts to randomly pass out (well you could but that would be “pixie dusting” not participating in a FE).
  • You have to find your Cruise Meet group and join a FE group to know how many people are participating, how large your group will be and all other info.
This is a voluntary program and is not sanctioned by Disney

Great info!! Thank you!!

You can't attach things until you have 10 posts. Also, when you've gotten the 10 posts, you'll have the "conversation" option. That's what Private Messaging is here. You can copy and paste the list in a conversation. Conversations can have up to 20 participants, so you wouldn't be doing this repeatedly, if you go that route. Of course, all those participating must also have 10 posts.
So in order to see the list or post about the FE I have to post or reply 10 times?

OK, Thx! How will I know it worked? I've responded to other post and did some Testing. Just to make sure!

OK, Thx! How will I know it worked? I've responded to other post and did some Testing. Just to make sure!
Hi, I've also got 10 posts now and am wondering if there is a FE conversation to be added to and how that works too. Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter