Disney Dream April 8, 2016 3D Bahamian

So I am understanding that one individual person would make a list for everyone in this group who is wanting to participate in the FE. Basically a list with a room number and how many people are participating in that particular room. I would not mind being in charge of the list. Just not sure how to attach the list as a thread post on this forum.
Are you interested in starting the group ? ;)

You can't attach things until you have 10 posts. Also, when you've gotten the 10 posts, you'll have the "conversation" option. That's what Private Messaging is here. You can copy and paste the list in a conversation. Conversations can have up to 20 participants, so you wouldn't be doing this repeatedly, if you go that route. Of course, all those participating must also have 10 posts.

I do not understand all of this posting and conversations and private messaging. I am not familiar with threads. I don't mind constructing a list for the FE but not sure the best way to go about it.

I do not understand all of this posting and conversations and private messaging. I am not familiar with threads. I don't mind constructing a list for the FE but not sure the best way to go about it.
Each time you write up a comment and click on the "Post Reply" button, that's a post. Posts are viewable by all people who come to DISboards and read the various threads. One feature of DISboards is "Conversations". This is what Private Messaging is on some other websites. It allows people to post a comment directly to another person and only that other person.

One security feature here on DISboards is that, in order to be able to converse with others (Private Message), you must have posted at least 10 times on the DISboards. This helps to weed out Spambots, and other internet search bugs that cast about for email addresses, names, ages, and any other information that really shouldn't be out there on the internet for everyone to access.

I wrote a little explanation as to how Fish Extender exchanges are generally handled. Maybe this would help you.
Setting up FE group

There's really no "rules" as to how a FE program runs. Basically someone maintains the list of those who wish to participate. The group can decide on what information is necessary to produce FE gifts. A basic list may only have DISname/room number/number of people in the room. A more involved list could be first & last names/ages/room number/favorite character/favorite color/allergies/whatever is deemed necessary to know. Also a decision can be made as to size of FE. Some groups break out the list(s) at 10-15 rooms max, so that there are multiple lists (and some people will participate in more than one list). Other groups just make one big list (upwards of 20-30 rooms).

At some point the list will "close". Typically this happens 30-45 days out from the cruise, so that everyone participating has time to organize/prepare their gifts. Shortly before this time (about 2-3 weeks prior) the organizer will either post the list (usually via a conversation is best, as that's more private), or directly on the Cruise Meet thread, to confirm everyone on it is still participating. It’s important to make a statement about "anyone not confirming by XX date will be dropped" at this time.

Once the list closes, the organizer will post the final list. Also, a decision must be made as to whether to allow late additions. Sometimes there is a "pixie dust" list. That is, basically, a latecomers list that gets posted about a week out from the cruise that others may or may not add to their "final" list. Be sure the "pixie dust" list participants realize they may or may not get gifts from others.

The other "biggie" is no other social media sites are allowed to be linked or search directions posted as to how find that other site here on DISboards.

How about if everyone who is interested in the FE simply posts their room number and how many people in in that room will actually have a spot outside their door to receive a FE gift. Then I can compile a list and post it as a reply about 30 days prior to the cruise giving everyone enough time to prepare their gifts.

Great! So everyone participating in the FE please post your room # and how many people will be receiving a FE gift for your room. I will cut the list off on March 1st and post it giving everyone about a month to get their gifts ready.

Hi. We are the Joy Family. We are in room 9152. We have 7 year old twins. So, 2 in the room receiving FE gifts ;). So excited

Great! So everyone participating in the FE please post your room # and how many people will be receiving a FE gift for your room. I will cut the list off on March 1st and post it giving everyone about a month to get their gifts ready.
Hi we are the Sanders family!! This is our first cruise!! So excited!! We want to participate in the FE exchange. It will be just 2 childrenparticipating, ages 4 & 5!! Room number 8060. ::MinnieMo::MickeyMo

I hope I'm doing this right.
We are room 7652. We have a 2 yr old.
Thanks!

We have no idea what we are doing! It's our first cruise and sure our daughters would love to participate in FE. Room # 9648 our girls are 10 and 14. Thank you

We've just booked on this cruise, with it only being a short one soupy still have formal night and pirate night?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter