DISNEY DREAM 3-night (Nov. 17-20, 2011) - CHRISTMAS PICS GALORE! - Completed 12/6!

Ah, I see you opted for the Gorgonzola sauce with the Beef Tenderloin Palo...excellent choice! And I'm with you on the multiple desserts. We always order three - Chocolate Amaretto Indulgence (my favorite), Panna Cotta, and Souffle. Yumola! (And believe it or not, we had Zoran in May 2008 as our server - twice, which we were lucky enough to snag two reservations - and in November 2010 he not only remembered me, but he remembered my entree and all three desserts. I was impressed!)

Just have to mention, I see you in one of your pictures of the shops - and it even says "As Seen in the Navigator." ;)

Excellent pictures, as always!

Thank you for the wonderful photos. Looks like we'll be joining you on your Dec 8th cruise. It will be out first time on the Dream and our first Disney cruise in almost 10 years.

Ahhh keep it coming! We're also booked on the Dec 8th cruise and I can't wait! We always wait to the last minute to see if we can get a good deal, and it paid off! Since we just booked a few weeks ago, I've had no time to plan or look at pictures or navigators, but thankfully you have me feeling much less panicked, lol. I'm a planner. DH and I get along because he's the opposite of a planner - he just follows me around and asks what we're going to do next! He tells me it's like having his own personal tour guide.

Again, LOVE the pictures and thanks so much for posting the navigators! I've been perusing them since I got out at work at 11.. and now 2 hours later... Maybe we'll bump into you on the ship - I'll be the one with the birthday AND anniversary buttons!

Another Kevin TR, what a treat! Sorry to be so late to the party. I just happened to be checking something on your TA TR and saw you added this cruise to your list. Was it a last minute vacation? You're now Platinum right? That's so exciting!

Loving all the Christmas decorations! And as usual your pictures are fabulous!

Cindy beat me to it, but I thought, 'Wait a minute, those are Kevin's legs!'

Your next trip is so very close!!!

wow - i'm so impressed with your photos.

waiting for more. we have to wait over a year before our next cruise (next new years) so all these tr's will have to get us by

More gorgeous photos. I still have 11 months before i go again...but you are getting me excited once again. :worship:

Glad to be of assistance! Writing these trip reports gets me excited, too!

Ah, I see you opted for the Gorgonzola sauce with the Beef Tenderloin Palo...excellent choice! And I'm with you on the multiple desserts. We always order three - Chocolate Amaretto Indulgence (my favorite), Panna Cotta, and Souffle. Yumola! (And believe it or not, we had Zoran in May 2008 as our server - twice, which we were lucky enough to snag two reservations - and in November 2010 he not only remembered me, but he remembered my entree and all three desserts. I was impressed!)

Just have to mention, I see you in one of your pictures of the shops - and it even says "As Seen in the Navigator." ;)

Excellent pictures, as always!

Ahhhh! Good eye! I didn't even notice, haha! :)

Thank you for the wonderful photos. Looks like we'll be joining you on your Dec 8th cruise. It will be out first time on the Dream and our first Disney cruise in almost 10 years.

How exciting! I hope you enjoy the ship as much as I do!

Ahhh keep it coming! We're also booked on the Dec 8th cruise and I can't wait! We always wait to the last minute to see if we can get a good deal, and it paid off! Since we just booked a few weeks ago, I've had no time to plan or look at pictures or navigators, but thankfully you have me feeling much less panicked, lol. I'm a planner. DH and I get along because he's the opposite of a planner - he just follows me around and asks what we're going to do next! He tells me it's like having his own personal tour guide.

Again, LOVE the pictures and thanks so much for posting the navigators! I've been perusing them since I got out at work at 11.. and now 2 hours later... Maybe we'll bump into you on the ship - I'll be the one with the birthday AND anniversary buttons!

Wow...2 hours later?! Hahaha...sorry about that! ;) I'll keep an eye out for you...Happy Birthday and Congratulations!

Another Kevin TR, what a treat! Sorry to be so late to the party. I just happened to be checking something on your TA TR and saw you added this cruise to your list. Was it a last minute vacation? You're now Platinum right? That's so exciting!

Loving all the Christmas decorations! And as usual your pictures are fabulous!

Cindy beat me to it, but I thought, 'Wait a minute, those are Kevin's legs!'

Your next trip is so very close!!!

Better late than never! ;) We booked this cruise in mid-October. And, unfortunately, I am NOT classified as Platinum yet...

Long story short, I had to call to get the January Dream Benefit Preview cruise added to my Castaway Club list as it didn't automatically show up. It was added, but then on a random day in late March, it mysteriously disappeared. I contacted DCL and they said it should have never counted as it was a "reduced rate" cruise. Funny they said that...if you broke down the price of the cruise per day, I paid MORE per day for the preview cruise than I did per day for my February Dream cruise! I was more than slightly frustrated, but thankful I was able to preview the ship and the money went to a good cause. But still! ;)

Love 'em. Just 16 more days for us!:santa:

Ahhh...almost there!!!

wow - i'm so impressed with your photos.

waiting for more. we have to wait over a year before our next cruise (next new years) so all these tr's will have to get us by

Thank you so much! I'm glad I'm able to help with the wait!

Better late than never! ;) We booked this cruise in mid-October. And, unfortunately, I am NOT classified as Platinum yet...

Long story short, I had to call to get the January Dream Benefit Preview cruise added to my Castaway Club list as it didn't automatically show up. It was added, but then on a random day in late March, it mysteriously disappeared. I contacted DCL and they said it should have never counted as it was a "reduced rate" cruise. Funny they said that...if you broke down the price of the cruise per day, I paid MORE per day for the preview cruise than I did per day for my February Dream cruise! I was more than slightly frustrated, but thankful I was able to preview the ship and the money went to a good cause. But still! ;)

URGH! Those Beasts!!! Each and every cruise should count, ESPECIALLY if it cost more p/day!

DAY 3 - November 19th, 2011 - Castaway Cay (Part 1)

I found myself waking up at about 8:30 wondering if we were able to dock or not (because of all the winds we experienced last night). We’re SO used to hearing and feeling the thrusters when we dock anywhere on a cruise ship (because we normally stay in aft staterooms). And, that works as a sort of alarm clock! Anyway, I opened the curtains, went on the verandah, and saw this:

file-1731.jpg

WE MADE IT! And given the time, I feel we made it in a fairly easy manner (perhaps first try?)! I then proceeded to take a few more pictures of our verandah view. (We were slightly disappointed to see that the Christmas decorations weren’t up yet on the island...normally there’s a HUGE tree on the dock.)

file-805.jpg

file-1726.jpg

file-1292.jpg

file-688.jpg

We got ready and then went upstairs to Cabanas for breakfast. It wasn’t too crowded and we were in and out pretty fast (mainly because we were eating very lightly...we like to grab lunch right when it opens on the island and we’re normally never hungry from it after eating a big breakfast!). After we ate, we made our way downstairs to the deck 1 midship gangway. Getting off the ship was smooth, quick, and painless! (It was roughly 9:30 at this point.) After getting off the ship, we grabbed a couple of towels from the Cast Members handing them out and then started the walk to the beaches! As we went past the Post Office, we saw Stitch posing for pictures. It’s typically a ritual for us to take a picture with a character here, but we don’t care for Stitch at all, so we passed. We continued walking and I took some pictures along the way.

file-707.jpg

file-598.jpg

file-1303.jpg

file-938.jpg

Once we hit Mount Rustmore, we saw (if I remember correctly), Minnie and Goofy posing for pictures. They both had pretty decent lines, so we continued on to the first gift shop! I noticed new merchandise designs and selections (or, new to us), so I took pictures!

file-765.jpg

file-616.jpg

file-752.jpg

file-1851.jpg

After walking through the store (and not buying anything), we continued on.

file-623.jpg

We made our way to the tram stop so that we could catch a tram to Serenity Bay! We waited about 5 minutes and then boarded a tram. After a lovely tram ride, we had arrived! Ahhhh...we found a couple of loungers underneath an umbrella so we set our stuff down and made ourselves comfortable! The next three photos show the beautiful view we had from our chairs!

file-2050.jpg

file-1849.jpg

file-1139.jpg

It was about 10:00 at this point and James was already itching for a Konk Kooler! “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere” he said, haha! Well, after 30 minutes, I give in and walk to the bar to get us a couple. They were so delicious!

Having gotten a little red from our time laying out in the sun yesterday, we mostly stayed under our umbrella while at Serenity Bay. It was so peaceful and relaxing, though! Just after 11:30, we could smell the barbeque! To us, that’s pretty much a dinner bell! We gathered up all our stuff and went to grab some lunch. It was scrumptious!

After we ate, we boarded a tram back to the family beach area. Picture time!

file-1554.jpg

file-2486.jpg

file-625.jpg

file-2387.jpg

file-950.jpg

file-2349.jpg

file-1005.jpg

file-1041.jpg

DAY 3 - November 19th, 2011 - Castaway Cay (Part 2)

file-734.jpg

file-317.jpg

file-1099.jpg

file-1944.jpg

file-1818.jpg

file-232.jpg

At noon, we were starting to make our way back to the ship. We LOVE Castaway Cay, but we also LOVE having the ship practically to ourselves, haha! Along the way, I took even more pictures!

file-2441.jpg

file-2321.jpg

file-843.jpg

file-1054.jpg

file-2224.jpg

file-1962.jpg

file-1357.jpg

file-2336.jpg

file-661.jpg

file-551.jpg

file-594.jpg

file-895.jpg

file-1669.jpg

file-508.jpg

file-1215.jpg

file-856.jpg

file-1672.jpg

file-1819.jpg

file-750.jpg

DAY 3 - November 19th, 2011 - Castaway Cay (Part 3)

file-2342.jpg

The next three show our stateroom location! Four decks up from the lifeboats, first stateroom to the right of that white framework piece thingy - what causes the “obstruction” on our verandah.

file-928.jpg

file-527.jpg

file-236.jpg

file-1721.jpg

file-2293.jpg

file-335.jpg

And so, at 12:15, we were heading back onto the ship. We went up to our stateroom to find this (ALREADY?!):

file-1396.jpg

Then, we made our way up to the top deck. This next picture is of the wreath inside the Whozits and Whatsits shop (through the closed doors...I never got a chance to take a picture from the inside when the shop was open.

file-2201.jpg

Once up top, we decided to go on the AquaDuck (depending on the length of the line). It was about 12:30 at this point. Well, there was no line. And we rode it FIVE TIMES in a row in a 10-15 minute period! We got off, then right back on, FIVE TIMES consecutively! Crazy!

Our next destination was the Cove Cafe for a couple coffee drinks (and a couple more stamps on my coffee card!). We talked for a good 10 minutes or so when the Cast Member who made our drinks. She was wonderful and so pleasant! We told her we’ll try and find her on our December cruise...she said she would be working in the Meridian Bar at that time. Anyway, more shots from inside the Cove Cafe!

file-868.jpg

file-541.jpg

file-1281.jpg

file-1403.jpg

DAY 3 - November 19th, 2011 - Castaway Cay (Part 4)

After we left the Cove Cafe, we went up another deck so I could take more pictures!

file-840.jpg

file-1359.jpg

file-2331.jpg

file-1848.jpg

file-1661.jpg

file-612.jpg

file-1775.jpg

file-1748.jpg

file-2443.jpg

file-2465.jpg

file-974.jpg

file-1771.jpg

file-283.jpg

file-521.jpg

file-998.jpg

And then I bet you’ll NEVER guess where we ended up next...the lobby!

file-2317.jpg

file-1269.jpg

file-1332.jpg

file-459.jpg

file-691.jpg

file-1155.jpg

file-473.jpg

file-768.jpg

file-247.jpg

file-1389.jpg

DAY 3 - November 19th, 2011 - Castaway Cay (Part 5)

We soon found ourselves back in our stateroom for more relaxing and movie watching. I went out on the verandah and snapped some more pictures at about 3:00:

file-2371.jpg

file-313.jpg

file-1473.jpg

(Ship in the distance!):
file-2279.jpg

Then, we went up top again (I think to grab a snack), and I took some pictures inside Cabanas.

file-1577.jpg

file-2148.jpg

file-588.jpg

file-2391.jpg

file-1196.jpg

file-1352.jpg

file-1280.jpg

file-1763.jpg

file-250.jpg

With nothing else on our agenda, we decided to try and hit the special 4:00 matinee showing of “Disney’s Believe” in the Walt Disney Theatre. We thought it would be less crowded and good use of our time. Before going to the theatre, I snapped a few more pictures outside Animator’s Palate and Enchanted Garden.

file-2290.jpg

file-2159.jpg

(Tonight’s menu for us!):

file-2403.jpg

file-2238.jpg

And so, by 3:30, we were outside the Walt Disney Theatre waiting to go inside for the performance!

Stay tuned for our final evening aboard the Disney Dream!

I never went in the Quiet Cove...it's beautiful.
I'll have to get some pictures there next time.
You got some great pictures on CC and around the ship.

Awesome pics! Castaway Cay looks so relaxing :love:

I was peaking at the menu at Enchanted Cove and noticed on the "Vegetarian" menu that their selections included fish. My DS29 is a vegetarian and doesn't eat fish - I was thinking that vegetarians don't or is that vegans? Just curious! (we went to WDW in 2010 and he had the hardest time trying to explain to chefs that he doesn't eat any meat, fish or poultry which includes anything with eggs such as mayonnaise.) I was planning on a family cruise in Spring 2013 so I was concerned he wouldn't have many selections. Does anybody know if he can make certain requests with the chefs on the cruise? Thanks!

Everytime I read someone's trip report and see the pictures they got, I realize even with all the pictures I take, I still miss some really great shots that other folks think of getting. You have inspired me. It never ceases to amaze me how the simplest thing can be magnificent, if framed in the right light and context.

Thanks for sharing with us.

I can't wait to go back again and get similar shots on the Fantasy.

I sure miss the Dream! :sick:

5 times in a row on AquaDuck with no wait...impressive!!!

Oh, those treats at Cove Cafe look so heavenly...yum!

How did you like Believe, and were the crowds noticably smaller during the matinee performance?

Hate that this is coming to your final night. :sad1:

What marvelous pictures of the aft. I have been trying so hard to find some good ones to pinpoint my stateroom, and I should have remembered to check your previous Dream TRs.

The water on CC looks so gorgeous!

You're going to be back on the Dream in a few days!!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter