DISNEY DREAM 3-night (Nov. 17-20, 2011) - CHRISTMAS PICS GALORE! - Completed 12/6!

KevieKev05

DIS Veteran
I’m back! As some of you may recall, my last trip report covered the 14-night Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise (located here). Well, this trip report only covers a 3-night cruise, but boy is it jam packed! I’ll be sharing almost 800 photos in this trip report! I just couldn’t resist taking so many pictures...the Christmas decorations are BEAUTIFUL and I just wanted to share them with you! I am sad to say, however, that I did NOT take copious notes as I did on the 14-night cruise, so it might not be as detailed. But hopefully the pictures will make up for it! PLEASE feel free to ask questions and leave comments!

CAST OF CHARACTERS:

Kevin (me, age 24) - 10th Disney Cruise
James (age 24) - 8th Disney Cruise

NAVIGATORS and such
Here

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral - *ADDED 11/23
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
*Part 8
*Part 9
*Part 10
*Part 11
*Part 12
*Part 13
*Part 14

DAY 2 - November 18th, 2011 - Nassau, Bahamas - ADDED 11/26, *ADDED 12/1
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
*Part 5
*Part 6
*Part 7
*Part 8
*Part 9

DAY 3 - November 19th, 2011 - Castaway Cay - ADDED 12/4, *ADDED 12/6
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
*Part 6
*Part 7
*Part 8
*Part 9
*Part 10
*Part 11

DAY 4 - November 20th, 2011 - Port Canaveral - ADDED 12/6
Here

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 1)

By the time we completed our online check-in, the earliest port arrival time was 12:00-12:30. Now, we’re typically at the terminal by 10:30, so this would be a new concept for us! Also, with the growing parking prices to park at the terminal ($15 a day which includes embarkation and debarkation days, so $60 for a 3-night cruise? No thank you!) we decided to try a new route for parking at the terminal. Thanks to recommendations found here, I went ahead and reserved a spot at the Park and Cruise near the port. For just $6.99 a day (special online rate), we paid just half of what we would’ve at the parking garage!

So, unlike previous cruises, we actually slept in on our debarkation day. We got ready in a leisurely manner, packed the remaining last few items, and we were on our way to the port at about 10:00. As we were leaving, it was VERY gloomy. Then, it started to rain! Oh goody...what a great way to start the trip! We arrived at the Park and Cruise at roughly 11:15 and thankfully the sun shining through the clouds (and no rain!). We unloaded the luggage, James handled the payment, and then I was directed to park the car. After parking, I walked over to the shuttle and James and I hopped on. We waited for a family or two to finish unloading, paying, and parking before driving away (about 5-10 minutes after we boarded the shuttle). Within 5 minutes or so, we were pulling up to the terminal! The driver unloaded our luggage, gave his goodbye spiel, and then we got off the shuttle (not before tipping the driver, though!). We found a nearby porter, had him take our luggage, tipped him, and then proceeded to the terminal entrance.

We waited at the gate behind a family that unfortunately did not have it together. They were hunting for IDs, trying to figure out their stateroom number, their whole party wasn’t together which slightly threw off the Cast Member, and then as they were walking away, the Cast Member didn’t realize the boy was with them, so had to get him checked off as well. Phew! Now our turn. IDs out, stateroom number given, names checked off, and away we went. Literally took less than 15 seconds! Guess we are pros, haha.

At this point it was about 11:40 and as we were walking towards the building itself to go through security, a security officer told us to head upstairs as the line was shorter. Sweet! We had never utilized this option before so it was fun to check it out. After another 5 minutes, we were through security (once again, being prepared by having our pockets emptied, unlike those in front of us, haha) and walking into the main terminal area. It was decorated for Christmas, and crowd wise wasn’t too bad. We filled out our health form and then proceeded to the check-in line. Return cruisers? Why of course! We were directed into the Castaway Club line (no wait) and we were directed to an open counter immediately. Overhead I heard that they were calling for boarding number 10. By the time we were done checking in (like 2 minutes later) they were on 12. We were given number 14, and by the time we organized ourselves and put on our lanyards after checking in, they were calling for number 14! My goodness! We were walking on the ship before 12:00! That was the smoothest and fastest check in process we had encountered to date. I guess the port arrival times work well if people adhere to them! We were actually early for our arrival time, but still got on the ship fast!

Since we got on the ship so fast, I was unable to take any pictures inside the terminal! Just know that it was all decked out for Christmas, haha (and the decorations looked the same as last year). After they swiped our Key to the World cards, we were directed to the lines for the embarkation photo. Well, the lines were backed up all the way to where they swipe your card (aka...they were LONG). Not finding it necessary to have this photo taken, we asked to skip it and we were directed around the lines. Next, we walked right up to the Cast Members announcing your name as you boarded! “The Disney Dream would like to welcome aboard Kevin and James!” Holy moly! The Christmas decorations were OUTSTANDING! The lights were twinkling on all the decorations and the tree was so grand! (Pictures to come later...we were headed straight for FOOD and didn’t stop to take pictures!) Another Cast Member gave us the run down of events and then we boarded a midship elevator to Cabanas.

Once we arrived at Cabanas, we unfortunately saw chaos. Apparently Enchanted Garden hadn’t opened yet, so EVERYONE was up here trying to get food. Cast Members were trying to tell guests that you don’t have to stand in one long line to get food at all the “pods”, but people weren’t listening. We did, though! We observed each pod and would jump in the “line” for each specific pod to grab some food.

After gathering all the food we wanted, we went to find a table. Luckily, we found one by the window!

file.jpg

At roughly 12:20, we were done eating. Now it was time to explore this glorious ship! We went ALLLLLL over the ship at this point so I’ll just post the photos!

District Lounge:
file-1.jpg

Hallway near D Lounge:
file-2.jpg

D Lounge:
file-3.jpg

Vista Gallery:
file-4.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-6.jpg

Atrium:
file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-9.jpg

file-10.jpg

Near the Walt Disney Theatre:
file-11.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-15.jpg

Now, the last time I was on the Dream, there was nothing where Mickey is at. Here’s the before (February Dream cruise) and after (November Dream cruise):
file.jpg

file-16.jpg

Bathroom near the Walt Disney Theatre:
file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

Outside the Buena Vista Theatre:
file-19.jpg

Atrium again:
file-20.jpg

file-21.jpg

file-22.jpg

file-23.jpg

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 2)

file-24.jpg

file-25.jpg

It’s the leaning tower of Christmas!:
file-26.jpg

Outside Enchanted Garden:
file-27.jpg

Gingerbread House still being worked on:
file-28.jpg

file-29.jpg

Light fixture:
file-30.jpg

Animator’s Palate:
file-31.jpg

file-32.jpg

Inside Royal Palace:
file-33.jpg

file-34.jpg

file-35.jpg

file-36.jpg

file-37.jpg

file-38.jpg

file-39.jpg

file-40.jpg

file-41.jpg

file-42.jpg

file-43.jpg

file-44.jpg

file-45.jpg

file-46.jpg

file-47.jpg

file-48.jpg

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 3)

Gingerbread House again:
file-49.jpg

file-50.jpg

file-51.jpg

Hallway between Royal Palace and Animator’s Palate:
file-52.jpg

Inside Animator’s Palate:
file-53.jpg

file-54.jpg

file-55.jpg

file-56.jpg

file-57.jpg

Mural in the atrium:
file-59.jpg

Our stateroom!:
file-60.jpg

file-61.jpg

file-62.jpg

file-63.jpg

file-64.jpg

file-65.jpg

(View from the verandah):
file-66.jpg

file-67.jpg

file-68.jpg

file-69.jpg

file-70.jpg

file-71.jpg

file-72.jpg

file-73.jpg

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 4)

file-74.jpg

file-75.jpg

file-76.jpg

(The next two photos show the slight obstruction on our verandah):
file-77.jpg

file-78.jpg

(Views from the verandah):
file-79.jpg

file-80.jpg

file-81.jpg

(Blow dryer and wave phones in the stateroom):
file-82.jpg

Our stateroom door:
file-83.jpg

Snow White art in the stairwell:
file-84.jpg

file-85.jpg

file-86.jpg

Guest Services desk:
file-87.jpg

file-88.jpg

file-89.jpg

Gingerbread House almost completed:
file-90.jpg

file-91.jpg

file-92.jpg

file-93.jpg

file-94.jpg

Top deck:
file-95.jpg

file-96.jpg

file-97.jpg

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 5)

(See the Carnival ship in the distance?):
file-99.jpg

Inside Skyline Lounge (Paris skyline shown):
file-100.jpg

file-101.jpg

file-102.jpg

file-103.jpg

file-104.jpg

file-106.jpg

Evolution nightclub:
file-105.jpg

687:
file-107.jpg

file-108.jpg

file-109.jpg

file-110.jpg

We played checkers inside 687 (I’m the dark pieces):
file-111.jpg

(I WON!):
file-112.jpg

file-113.jpg

file-114.jpg

file-115.jpg

file-116.jpg

District Lounge:
file-117.jpg

file-118.jpg

Pink:
file-119.jpg

file-120.jpg

file-121.jpg

file-122.jpg

file-123.jpg

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 6)

file-124.jpg

file-125.jpg

file-126.jpg

file-127.jpg

file-128.jpg

file-129.jpg

Wall in The District:
file-130.jpg

Heading toward D Lounge:
file-131.jpg

file-132.jpg

D Lounge:
file-133.jpg

file-134.jpg

file-135.jpg

file-136.jpg

file-137.jpg

file-138.jpg

file-139.jpg

file-140.jpg

file-141.jpg

file-142.jpg

Light fixture:
file-143.jpg

Atrium chandelier:
file-144.jpg

DVC Desk:
file-145.jpg

Shopping Desk:
file-146.jpg

Future Cruise Sales Desk:
file-147.jpg

Looking toward Vista Cafe:
file-148.jpg

DAY 1 - November 17th, 2011 - Port Canaveral (Part 7)

Deck 4:
file-149.jpg

file-150.jpg

Atrium:
file-151.jpg

file-152.jpg

file-153.jpg

file-154.jpg

Looking straight up at the chandelier:
file-155.jpg

file-156.jpg

Enchanted Garden:
file-157.jpg

Gingerbread House:
file-158.jpg

Atrium:
file-159.jpg

Bon Voyage bar:
file-160.jpg

file-161.jpg

Inside the Buena Vista Theatre for our lifeboat drill:
file-162.jpg

Phew! All this exploring before the Sail Away party! Stay tuned!

Thank You so much for all the pictures and the TR. I really enjoy reading all about your cruises.

Wowsa! What beautiful photos! I know you have probably been asked this a jizzillion times before...what kind of camera do you use for your trips? Your photos are always so excellent.

Kevin,
Happy Thanksgiving!! Thank you for another trip report. Loving the pictures. Cant wait to share them with Mom and the girls. You have me anticipating my Fantasy cruise next December.

I'm in. We leave for WDW and a Dream cruise in 10 days ourselves. Your pictures are beautiful. It is making me so excited for our own trip. Cannot wait to read more.

Thank you for the great start to your trip report. Loved the last one. Looking forward to this one.

:laundy:

Thank you to everyone for all your kind words! I hope to have the next installment posted today or tomorrow! :)

Wowsa! What beautiful photos! I know you have probably been asked this a jizzillion times before...what kind of camera do you use for your trips? Your photos are always so excellent.

Thank you! I use a Nikon D3100 :)

Your photos are spectacular as always:goodvibes Thanks for doing this TR it looks like it's going to be great.

I'm loving this! I am so sad that we will most likely be missing the decorations by a week next year. (we sail Nov. 4) The ship looks gorgeous decorated.

Terrific pictures! I'll be boarding Dream on 12/4, and I can't wait to see her all decorated. I sailed on her in February, and she was beautiful even without Christmas decorations.

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter