• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney dream 12/28/12 5 night

WHAT??? No formal night? I just bought myself a sequined (to the knee) dress thinking I would wear it on the 31st.

Btw, I did not receive that email.

WHAT??? No formal night? I just bought myself a sequined (to the knee) dress thinking I would wear it on the 31st.

Btw, I did not receive that email.

I would wear it anyway. How often do you get a chance to dress up for New Year's? Go for it.:cheer2:

We did not receive any note from Disney on formal night - but I am more bummed about no fireworks on New Year's Eve (which am just assuming - don't know that as fact). I saw someone post earlier that they had Pirate night with no fireworks and then fireworks on New Year's Eve. They may have got complaints from returning-cruisers about no-fireworks on Pirate Night - but I want fireworks on New Year's Eve. We have spent the last two New Year's Eve at WDW and there is nothing better than a fireworks show to bring in a new year!

For what we are paying for this cruise, I hope they thrown in at least a few lights to welcome in 2013!

DH just surprised me by booking this cruise to ring in the new year! So excited .... Our third Disney cruise!!!

It will be DH
DS -13
DD -111
And me

Is it to late to join the FE?? My kids LOVE participating!!

Bridget Hayes

Bridget,
What a nice surprise from your husband! :welcome: to our group! The FE sign ups closed November 2. However, I have not even started making my gifts yet. I would be happy to add you on as a latecomer if you just keep in mind that others may have already started their gifts and don't have enough for extras. That said, our group is pretty small, so it probably won't make too much of a difference.

Go to the second post of this thread and send me an email. I'll be happy to add you on.

Looking forward to meeting you!

DH just surprised me by booking this cruise to ring in the new year! So excited .... Our third Disney cruise!!!

It will be DH
DS -13
DD -111
And me

Bridget Hayes

Welcome!! I can handle another family for the FE. Still working on my gifts. I have a 13 DD and 11 DS. Plus we are traveling with our 13Nephew.

We also have a FB group if you are on FB.

See you soon!!

I just updated the second post on this thread to include a link to see all the FE participants and their cabin numbers for those who are not on our Facebook page. :flower3:

It will be DH
DS -13
DD -111
And me

Bridget Hayes

WELCOME!!!:banana: I am still in process of making FE gifts -- always room for a few more....can't wait to set sail :dance3:

Did anyone else get this email from DCL that there is no Formal Night?

"Aaargh" you ready for some fun? Pirate Night begins when you don your very own buccaneer bandana and enjoy a delicious pirate-themed dinner. Then, later that night, it's all hands on deck for the Pirates IN the Caribbean party, starring Mickey Mouse and his pals–and featuring the only fireworks spectacular at sea!

Your voyage does not include any formal evenings. However, if you'll be dining in one of our adults-only restaurants, we recommend a dress or pantsuit for women and a jacket and tie for men. You may also want to consider a tux, which is available for rental during your cruise.

When we did this cruise two years ago, Pirate night was the 30th w/o fireworks and Formal Night was the 31st with fireworks. What's the deal?

We got our packet in the mail but nothing about no formal night -- that would be a bummer on NYE .... but will still be a great time!!!

We got our packet in the mail but nothing about no formal night -- that would be a bummer on NYE .... but will still be a great time!!!

Just went back thru all my emails from DCL and sure enough I have the same one that says we do not have a formal night -- :( We did a New Year's cruise in 08/09 on Magic and NYE was spectacular and formal.....We may still do the dressy thing:smooth:

It was in an email with the subject "Some helpful information for the Orum Family Disney cruise!"

Under Formal Attire, it said this:

Your voyage does not include any formal evenings. However, if you'll be dining in one of our adults-only restaurants, we recommend a dress or pantsuit for women and a jacket and tie for men. You may also want to consider a tux, which is available for rental during your cruise.

Dan

Getting so excited! One month from today. :cheer2::cheer2: Woop Woop!!!

I might even start packing, not like we will be wearing bathing suits and such between now and then!

I finally booked our hotel for the night before, Country Inn and Suites. Sounds like we will be in good company with others from this board, including my parents (missjudit), and my SIL and her crew who aren't on the DIS.

I'm also finishing up my FE gifts. Thankfully I printed out the finalized list yesterday because there have been quite a few changes since I printed it a month or so ago. Some of my gifts are personalized with names... so I have a few that are no longer applicable. Oh well, that will teach me to start early and not leave everything to the last minute like I normally do :lmao:

It was in an email with the subject "Some helpful information for the Orum Family Disney cruise!"

Dan

Yep - we got that same email. Our TA called DCL and was told NYE will be a formal night. :yay: Guess that is just a std email for this length cruise. Getting so close now -- so very excited!!!! :cheer2:

Hi Felow Cruisers! Can you believe we under a month to go?!?!

I have the nametags completed for our group and I am working on the FE map to assist with delivery. Has anyone thought about a meet & greet beforehand? If not you can find me on Deck 11 after we board with a drink in my hand and a Mickey Santa Hat on my head.
:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa::santa:

Dan

Just got another email:

During your sailing we want to let you know that our Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck Party will take place on Saturday, December 29, 2012. This popular event was previously scheduled on New Year's Eve, but has been changed to accommodate our New Year's Eve activities.

Sounds like formal night on NYE is back on! :cool1:

Yep - we got that same email. Our TA called DCL and was told NYE will be a formal night. :yay: Guess that is just a std email for this length cruise. Getting so close now -- so very excited!!!! :cheer2:

Interesting. My travel agent said she hadn't heard anything like that. I did just get the following in e-mail. I thought I had seen it on the schedule for 12/30, but now Pirate night appears to be on 12/29.

Thank you for joining us aboard the Disney Dream® to bring in the New Year!

During your sailing we want to let you know that our Pirates IN the Caribbean Deck Party will take place on Saturday, December 29, 2012. This popular event was previously scheduled on New Year's Eve, but has been changed to accommodate our New Year's Eve activities.

We look forward to seeing you real soon and are certain you'll enjoy both fun filled events.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line®

OK.. I just called Disney Cruise Line and was told directly that NYE is a formal night. I mentioned that I had recently received an email that said otherwise. She told me that this just came out and she thought there would be another message going out to our cruise.

Dan

Thanks for the updates. Glad to have some clarification. Still wondering why I don't receive emails from DCL. I would be so psyched to see an email from DCL in my inbox!!

I will be on Deck 11 after checkin as well. Kids want to hit Aquaduck and pools straight away! I will also have a drink in hand!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter