disney designer villains ( another fiasco?)

Which doll would you buy?

• All of them! Who can pick just one

• Maleficent

• the Evil queen

• Queen of hearts

• Ursula

• Mother gothel

• Cruella

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Got my Evil Queen doll with no problem our store had enough to supply those who were there. A lot of people brought somebody along to increase their chances but increased the number of names in the "cauldron" so even though there were more names than dolls everybody still got one. A guy even brought along a Princess doll from ;ast year to trade if he didn't get an Evil Queen, but he was about the 3rd named drawn

I got the Queen in store today as well, but I was nervous the whole time! There were 19 dolls available and about 30 people showed at my store. I think I was the 5th name called. There were lots of people showing up with others to increase odds as well. It was interesting to see the men in line who said they were there for their wives lol, so cute.

Other then being worried about not receiving a doll the whole process went smoothly. It was my Second time going to the store to buy these designer dolls, and my first time walking away with one. I think I'll give it a try again for the other villainesses. :yay:

My store was surprisingly easy to deal with today. It was my first in-store purchase. There were only 10 people there for 17 dolls so they didn't even do the drawing, just had us sign up, go out to lunch, and when we came back for the drawing they gave us all tags to get her. I have a feeling this will continue to be an easy process with so many dolls made. I kind of miss the mayhem from last time, but I'm glad the ebayers are calming down. Have you seen that Ariel and Aurora are still $300 plus? I wonder if the villain-craze will kick in or if it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. I'm glad my Maleficent has a new friend. :)

I was lazy today and didn't go to my local Disney Store. Well, I had a doctor's appointment, and since Maleficent went so well I decided I would take my chances with the next two online. I'm just worried about how well Disney handles the shipping of their merchandise... I will not be a happy camper if my doll gets damaged :( But it's such along drive to the store...

But I have full intentions of going all out again for Ursula, Mother Gothel, and Cruella. :cool1:

I was lazy today and didn't go to my local Disney Store. Well, I had a doctor's appointment, and since Maleficent went so well I decided I would take my chances with the next two online. I'm just worried about how well Disney handles the shipping of their merchandise... I will not be a happy camper if my doll gets damaged :( But it's such along drive to the store...

But I have full intentions of going all out again for Ursula, Mother Gothel, and Cruella. :cool1:

My Maleficent doll arrived in two boxes. The original manufacturer to store box, and then a Disney Store box. She was in perfect condition. I was lucky with the Princesses too. They all arrived the same way.

The only others I'm interested in are Ursula and Cruella. I can't go to the store to get Cruella since I leave for WDW that Wed and have to work on Mon. The more I see Ursula the more I want her eventhough she's been slimmed WAY down

We had maybe 6 people show up today, way less than showed up last week! And my store STILL had dolls from last week!! Because of that our store was very lax about the whole thing and it was actually kind of annoying, they skipped over the people waiting outside where they told us to wait (4 of us) and just sold the dolls to the people who were inside. They said they checked and didn't see us? I don't know. Anyway, I got mine so I am happy.

I'm still not taking any chances but things are looking pretty good. I will still go back next week even though the store isn't very close. After that I may try ordering them online. I heard the other store in our area was much more crowded than this store and I don't doubt it, it's closer to NYC and definitely has more people to serve.

ReggieB said:
My Maleficent doll arrived in two boxes. The original manufacturer to store box, and then a Disney Store box. She was in perfect condition. I was lucky with the Princesses too. They all arrived the same way.

Thank you so much for the info! :) I'm now waiting on the Disney Store to make the Evil Queen available for purchase...

So I decided early on that I wasn't going to purchase any of these dolls.

But I guess I talked myself into it.

After seeing that the first doll didn't go as fast as everyone anticipated, I knew I could safely go after the only one I wanted.

I sat in my bedroom contemplating if it was really worth $80. I looked up at my snow white designer doll. She sat pretty next to Cinderella. I then thought to myself how cool it would be if I got the evil queen to sit next to her.

So I ended up buying the evil queen today. Which means I will need to purchase another shelf so cindy can move out into her own place.

Oh man. No regrets, and it was just the thing to get me my disney fix!

Thankfully Cinderella and Belle don't have a villain in the designer doll line...otherwise, my wallet would be hurting much worse!

I pray they don't come out with designer princes...because then I wont be able to resist...

GraceMonica said:
So I decided early on that I wasn't going to purchase any of these dolls.

But I guess I talked myself into it.

After seeing that the first doll didn't go as fast as everyone anticipated, I knew I could safely go after the only one I wanted.

I sat in my bedroom contemplating if it was really worth $80. I looked up at my snow white designer doll. She sat pretty next to Cinderella. I then thought to myself how cool it would be if I got the evil queen to sit next to her.

So I ended up buying the evil queen today. Which means I will need to purchase another shelf so cindy can move out into her own place.

Oh man. No regrets, and it was just the thing to get me my disney fix!

Thankfully Cinderella and Belle don't have a villain in the designer doll line...otherwise, my wallet would be hurting much worse!

I pray they don't come out with designer princes...because then I wont be able to resist...

You sound like me, always have to complete the set. LOL. Enjoy your new dolls!

krispin41 said:
You sound like me, always have to complete the set. LOL. Enjoy your new dolls!

Thanks! Im only getting the evil queen! I have to get the mug and journal as well though, since I have both of those for snow white...and it would be silly not to get them. Once payday comes around, and if they're still on the site, that's what ill do! Disney always finds a way to take my money! Grrrrr!

Looks like things are working smoothly. When I first saw the announcement on the new series I was leery of trying to buy any.

I'm worried that as the weeks progress it'll start to ramp up like last time, where in the end, everyone was rabid in trying to get one.

I hope the Ebay flippers have realized that it's not as profitable and they won't ruin it again for those who really want to collect the dolls. I think the $20 increase in price, the bigger run (13k) and how the villains probably aren't as popular as princess' may help out collectors in the long run.

I only want Cruella and I'm debating on if I should try to get her or not. Is it worth the $80. I can only order online since there is no easy way for me to get to a brick and mortar DisneyStore. I'm still burnt from last time, my Snow White arrived with the crystal case cracked. It's not noticeable far away, but close up, it's obvious and there was no way to get a replacement. And I have a sour taste from my last disney order. The Movie Edition Eeyore plush arrived with a rip/slice in it like someone took a box cutter to it.. Disney has sent me a replacement at no cost and it's on the way.

For those who can buy in store, do so, the shipping quality for online purchases are lacking.

Anyways, I'll try for Cruella, not going to stay up until 3am though. If it's there in the morning I'll get her, and maybe Ursula and the Queen of Hearts if they're still available. For those who order online, do they get the nifty bags pictured?

Anyone know if they're going to do a limited edition ornament set of villains like they did for princess'?

I have gotten the bags with each villain doll ordered online. Maleficent came today, evil queen had one added to cart.

My doll came no problems. My only regret is I really wanted Cruella so i bought her on pre order from eBay at double the price. I was afraid these would turn out like the princesses. So far they haven't and I'm grateful.

Can't wait for queen of hearts. Still need Aurora from princess set but it's way high in asking price right now.

I checked my mail this morning and I got a newsletter from the Disney Store advertising the Villains. I don't remember getting a letter like this for the princesses. I wonder if the first two dolls have not been meeting their expectations sells wise. I also wonder if this will start to rock the boat on the other dolls in the weeks ahead. :scratchin

PrincessMarincess said:
I checked my mail this morning and I got a newsletter from the Disney Store advertising the Villains. I don't remember getting a letter like this for the princesses. I wonder if the first two dolls have not been meeting their expectations sells wise. I always wonder if this will start to rock the boat on the other dolls in the weeks ahead. :scratchin

It could rock the boat..... I am 50/50 on that. lol

I just ordered the 1st 2 in the collection this am and hope I get them both in 1 piece. Any other doll collectors out there? Do you think it will be ok to take them out of their boxes to display in a china cabinet or do you think that will completely wreck the dollar value they will hold 1 day?:confused3

Looks like things are working smoothly. When I first saw the announcement on the new series I was leery of trying to buy any.

I'm worried that as the weeks progress it'll start to ramp up like last time, where in the end, everyone was rabid in trying to get one.

I hope the Ebay flippers have realized that it's not as profitable and they won't ruin it again for those who really want to collect the dolls. I think the $20 increase in price, the bigger run (13k) and how the villains probably aren't as popular as princess' may help out collectors in the long run.

I only want Cruella and I'm debating on if I should try to get her or not. Is it worth the $80. I can only order online since there is no easy way for me to get to a brick and mortar DisneyStore. I'm still burnt from last time, my Snow White arrived with the crystal case cracked. It's not noticeable far away, but close up, it's obvious and there was no way to get a replacement. And I have a sour taste from my last disney order. The Movie Edition Eeyore plush arrived with a rip/slice in it like someone took a box cutter to it.. Disney has sent me a replacement at no cost and it's on the way.

For those who can buy in store, do so, the shipping quality for online purchases are lacking.

Anyways, I'll try for Cruella, not going to stay up until 3am though. If it's there in the morning I'll get her, and maybe Ursula and the Queen of Hearts if they're still available. For those who order online, do they get the nifty bags pictured?

Anyone know if they're going to do a limited edition ornament set of villains like they did for princess'?
there's an ornament set available for the villains I've seen it each time I go the store. I'm waiting til I can use my $20 off coupon from the Cindy blu ray

there's an ornament set available for the villains I've seen it each time I go the store. I'm waiting til I can use my $20 off coupon from the Cindy blu ray

I've seen that one but it'd be cool to get a set of female ones that include Mother Gothel and Ursula. They should make a limited set with all the villains like they did for all the princesses.

They had newsletters before for the Princess dolls. I hope that the Villains letter doesn't disturb the process. I don't want it to draw unwanted attention, those who look for profit and inflate the demand when there shouldn't be (i.e. they buy up the dolls to sell and prevent the people who really collect them from getting them, which causes the price to inflate and make the profit-mongers scramble to buy more of them up by getting friends, family to buy them to sell. It's like a viscous circle, the demand drives the cost). But at the moment it looks like the Villains aren't as desired as the Princess dolls are.

Tangelders Ahoy, if you plan to resell them in the future then NIB (New in Box) would be worth more than an opened collectible. But if you're collecting to display for your own enjoyment then open them up. Opening an item devalues it.

Tangelders Ahoy said:
I just ordered the 1st 2 in the collection this am and hope I get them both in 1 piece. Any other doll collectors out there? Do you think it will be ok to take them out of their boxes to display in a china cabinet or do you think that will completely wreck the dollar value they will hold 1 day?:confused3

Opening does devalue some HOWEVER I collect Barbie as well and sometimes if a doll is in demand even an opened on will turn a pretty penny, it tends to be 20-50 % less then a mint box. Even in a box some dolls get damaged, the plastic ties on the wrists,, feet and arms can cause grooves in the plastic , discoloration can happen from the shoes on the feet, even outfit fabric can "bleed onto" the plastic body, noses can rub against plastic and turn blue/brown etc..... The deal with collecting is if you love it and want to keep it. I say Open it, display it, pose it, photograph it ...just have fun, if you think your going to sell it leave it in the original case mint. It's really early to tell what these villains, or princesses will do in the future price wise, when I get more organized and decide exactly how I want my Disney room I may free my dolls from their plastic coffins and really enjoy them.

I just received my Maleficent in the mail today (Finally!) and I am sort of disappointed. She looked gorgeous in the pictures and she is gorgeous in person, but what's with her hair! She has 4 rubber bands in the back of those pretty cone buns of hers! They look like 4 tiny pony tails you make on a little girl who's hair is just growing in. I also see a twist tie in her hair as well on one side. It's very unsightly, and I am scared to take out the rubber bands and end up ruining her hair. To display her I'd have to make sure you only see her good side lol. I assumed that the quality of the dolls would include the finishing touches that would make them as perfect as possible considering the price. Maybe I'll get over it... time will tell.:worried:

I just received my Maleficent in the mail today (Finally!) and I am sort of disappointed. She looked gorgeous in the pictures and she is gorgeous in person, but what's with her hair! She has 4 rubber bands in the back of those pretty cone buns of hers! They look like 4 tiny pony tails you make on a little girl who's hair is just growing in. I also see a twist tie in her hair as well on one side. It's very unsightly, and I am scared to take out the rubber bands and end up ruining her hair. To display her I'd have to make sure you only see her good side lol. I assumed that the quality of the dolls would include the finishing touches that would make them as perfect as possible considering the price. Maybe I'll get over it... time will tell.:worried:

I was a little surprised at first with this detail as well. I believe this may have been the only way they could have styled the hair and held the look because it looks as though the banded pieces of hair were the ones that wrapped around the buns :confused3 But I have no intention of removing her from her case so it really hasn't bothered me as much as it might have otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter