disney designer villains ( another fiasco?)

Which doll would you buy?

• All of them! Who can pick just one

• Maleficent

• the Evil queen

• Queen of hearts

• Ursula

• Mother gothel

• Cruella

• None

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good luck to those getting Cruella in store.

I can only get online, so it's going to be painful to wait an extra day.
I plan to wake up early to order, since I'm on the east coast, I for sure am not going to stay up to 3am to order it.

So far the villains have been much better. I'm not that worried but I work night shift so I'm awake at 3 in the morning anyway. During the princess sales last year the site was just blocked up with people at 3am and this year I haven't had any problem.

Just made it back from the mall and I got Cruella! :cheer2: I was nervous the whole time the raffle was going on. There was a big turn out for her and so there wasn't going to be enough dolls for everyone. My name was like the 3rd to the last called. She is so gorgeous! I love the line on her box "Heartless, cold and into haute couture.." lol.

At the register my Disney Store manager told me that all the Villains merchandise is now 25% off as well. I was thinking about picking up a diary, but I would have only gotten it because I have some of them for my princesses. I wasn't so crazy over the merchandise, so I just walked out happy with my doll.

I was also sure to thank the CM's who made this whole process pleasant and fair. :grouphug:

Just made it back from the mall and I got Cruella! :cheer2: I was nervous the whole time the raffle was going on. There was a big turn out for her and so there wasn't going to be enough dolls for everyone. My name was like the 3rd to the last called. She is so gorgeous! I love the line on her box "Heartless, cold and into haute couture.." lol.

At the register my Disney Store manager told me that all the Villains merchandise is now 25% off as well. I was thinking about picking up a diary, but I would have only gotten it because I have some of them for my princesses. I wasn't so crazy over the merchandise, so I just walked out happy with my doll.

I was also sure to thank the CM's who made this whole process pleasant and fair. :grouphug:

Yay! I'm really pleased for you. :cheer2:

photo.jpg

I saw this picture included with a review of Gothel on the Disneystore site and I loved the idea of Gothel having a mirror and Rapunzel's mirror does look like it suits her better. She was always looking at herself, which was the essence of her evilness. I don't have Rapunzel's mirror but I do have a gold barbie mirror that is a bit embellished that would look nice, and match the gold of the dress. I'll post a picture if it works out well!

photo.jpg

I saw this picture with a review as well and I'm not so crazy about the gloves, but it shows how the majority feel that Gothel was missing just that little extra something.

Accessories are a girls best friend!

I'm on TDS web site a few times a week, and occasionally check to see how our Villains are doing. Couldn't believe (after going through the Princess fiasco last year) that this year, Disney was actually forced to reduce some of the items in the collection by 25%. I guess the Villains just didn't do as well. However, I noticed today that Maleficent is officially listed as "Sold Out".

I should add, I was in my local TDS this week, and Queen of Hearts and Mother Gothel were still on the shelf.

I think a lot if people got ruined with the princesses plus the $20 increase in price.I wasn't going to buy the villains but by the time the 3rd one came out I saw they were all still available so I bought them all but only because I was able to get all 10 princesses.

My store still has tons of dolls left. Maleficent sold out the second day, but Evil Queen just recently sold out. We still have a whole bunch of Ursula, Gothel, Cruella and Queen of Hearts.

Just wanted to let everyone know in case you didn't check that the Villains are on sale for $60 plus 20% off (and of course free shipping on orders of $75+ for those in the US). I ordered Evil Queen for $47.50 :cool1:

Ordered Ursula this way today, after having paid full price for Maleficent & Evil Queen and a lesser discount for Gothel and Cruella :( Glad for the sale, but sad that this is what's become of this particular line of dolls.

Ordered Ursula this way today, after having paid full price for Maleficent & Evil Queen and a lesser discount for Gothel and Cruella :( Glad for the sale, but sad that this is what's become of this particular line of dolls.

Not really a surprise seeing 5 of the 6 dolls still for sale and now at a discount. Villains are popular, but do not have the broad appeal as the Princesses do. Not to mention the much, much larger LE # for the Villains. Oh yeah, probably a lot of people were put off by the Princess mess too.

If the Princesses had the same LE# for each doll that the Villians have, I bet we would have seen some of the Princess dolls last for quite some time too and they would have probably have been discounted as well. 4,000 LE for some of the Princesses was just dumb.

Anyway, DW and I are Villains fans but have not purchased any of the dolls. To us, most of the dolls just don't capture the essence of the villains and don't do them justice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter