• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise DREAM January, 31, 2013

Hello, everyone! We just booked this cruise today! Hooray! We're interested in joining the FE. It is me, my DH and DS (5). We'll be celebrating my birthday onboard :) Can't wait!

Hello, everyone! We just booked this cruise today! Hooray! We're interested in joining the FE. It is me, my DH and DS (5). We'll be celebrating my birthday onboard :) Can't wait!

Hi..Welcome..

I'm getting excited as we get closer.
There are a couple of other families interested in FE

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

I booked this cruise yesterday as a surprise for my DW for our 19th wedding anniversary. Couldn't pass up on the Florida Resident Rate on a category 4D! This is the shortest time we've had to wait for a cruise as we normally book about 2 years out!

This will be our 6th cruise and 4th with DCL. We also have another one booked on the Fantasy for November 2013 with friends and family.

I am interested in participating in the FE!

UPDATE 12/17/12--We were assigned a stateroom today; a 4C.

My wife (bethleham), DS (5), and I are looking forward to this cruise. It will be our 6th on DCL.

Here is the FE list as I have it from the current posts. Still need everyone's cabin number.

Rivera Family - Marcos, DW, DD (10)
DeborahNaish – DW, DH, DS (9)
BibiSmart – Rebecca, DH, DD (16), DS (13)
Bethleham – Bethleham, DH, DS (5) GTY
phred84044 – DH and DW

This is not very many for such a large ship. I'm suprised how few people are on this forum. The cruise prices were really good also. Maybe they'll be plenty of room at the pool for us. :cool1:

TN1 said:
My wife (bethleham), DS (5), and I are looking forward to this cruise. It will be our 6th on DCL.

Here is the FE list as I have it from the current posts. Still need everyone's cabin number.

DeborahNaish – DW, DH, DS (9)
Bethleham – Bethleham, DH, DS (5) GTY
phred84044 – DH and DW

This is not very many for such a large ship. I'm suprised how few people are on this forum. The cruise prices were really good also. Maybe they'll be plenty of room at the pool for us. :cool1:

HI - Deborah here
I am traveling with my husband Howard and son Isaac
We are excited that this is only one month away!.
We are in room 12010
Will someone who has done this before please explain what we should do? Here are my questions.
I know about the door hanger. Do we bring gifts for everyone in each room or one thing for each room and when do we deliver them?
Will we have a time/place to meet each other? Thank you all
Happy new year

Hi Deborah,

People bring a variety of items for gifts. Some have just left something for our DS and others have provided gifts for each person in the room. It is all up to you. I know that doesn't help much. There are several good suggestions on DisBoards. Just look for the FE threads.

This is a short cruise, so the delivery window will be short. I would wait until the evening on the first day to give people time to get their FE up and be finished by 4p or so the last night because people will be packing their bags to leave.

I almost forgot. No one has offered to arrange a meet yet. Would you like to? :rolleyes1

Hope this helps.

Keith

Here is an updated FE list. There are two updates. We are still waiting on our cabin number since we are GTY.

DeborahNaish – Deborah (DW), Howard (DH), Issac (DS 9), cabin 12010
TN1 – Keith (DH), Beth (DW), Allen (DS 5), cabin GTY
phred84044 – Trent (DH) and Tracy (DW), cabin 7624

Please send your information especially cabin number, if you still wish to participate.

Keith

This is going to be my husband & my 1st Disney Cruise. We are also traveling with another couple...
We are in our 40's/50's, but feel like kids :rotfl2:
Is the actual "Fish Extender" a sign you hang outside your door or does it have a pocket for people to put gifts in? Do you give a gift everyday of the cruise?
We would like to participate, but just need a little more info.
Are there other couples without kids participating?
Thanks!
pirate:

We are looking forward to this cruise it will be #41 Disney doing
B-B-B love it 3 in a row see you

Disney cruises so far

12 Wonder
13 Magic
3 Fantasy
11 Dream

This is going to be my husband & my 1st Disney Cruise. We are also traveling with another couple...
We are in our 40's/50's, but feel like kids :rotfl2:
Is the actual "Fish Extender" a sign you hang outside your door or does it have a pocket for people to put gifts in? Do you give a gift everyday of the cruise?
We would like to participate, but just need a little more info.
Are there other couples without kids participating?
Thanks!
pirate:

Welcome!
The FE has pockets to hold the gifts that are placed in it. You usually make one delivery. There were several couples without kids that participated on our last cruise. People give age appropriate gifts, so it isn't a problem.

Just let me know if you want to participate.

Keith

Keith

Here is a a primer on FE.

Fish Extenders
Every stateroom has a fish hanging on the wall outside the door. This is part decoration and part message center. The fish is there for Disney to place important communications to you such as excursion tickets and notes from the Cruise staff. It is like a mailbox for your room.

On the DISboards discussion forums, it is very popular to participate in a Fish Extender exchange. This entails having a fish extender hanging off the fish outside your room. If you aren't sure how the exchange works or the size and shape of a fish extender be sure to visit the links below. A fish extender can be made of cloth, plastic or vinyl. It can be very creative or very simple. If you don't care to create your own Fish Extender, you will find many auctions on EBay or Etsy where one can be customized for you.

All the people in the exchange buy little items and place them in each other's fish extenders. It is great fun to come back and check the items you have received.

There are several good links in this article. I found it under wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/meets (I could not post the link because I don't have enough posts on the boards to include a link.:sad:) You can find additional information by just doing a search for fish extenders on DISboards.

We have participated our last two DCL cruises and really enjoyed it. It is like Christmas everytime you return to your room as you are looking to see if someone has left you a gift. Our DS also enjoys making the deliveries since we have to find rooms all over the ship.

I hope you find this helpful.

Keith

Remember, this is a surprise 19th Anniversary gift for my wife. I knew cruise documents would be arriving soon and I was panicking that while I was at work (and she was at home) the docs would arrive.

Well, DW just left to go to the store and I had my son go check the mail. The cruise docs were in the mail so my secret will be staying a secret! Yay!!!

Hello there! I just joined this forum. This will be our first Disney cruise, and we are friends with principessalia. (BTW, the "D" stands for "Darling" when used as DH, DW, DS, and DD. :) )

Tara

FE question -- how do you identify who gave you an FE gift? Or, are they anonymous?

Remember, this is a surprise 19th Anniversary gift for my wife. I knew cruise documents would be arriving soon and I was panicking that while I was at work (and she was at home) the docs would arrive.

Well, DW just left to go to the store and I had my son go check the mail. The cruise docs were in the mail so my secret will be staying a secret! Yay!!!

Nice work! When are you planning to tell her?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter