Disney Cruise DREAM January, 31, 2013

Welcome!
The FE has pockets to hold the gifts that are placed in it. You usually make one delivery. There were several couples without kids that participated on our last cruise. People give age appropriate gifts, so it isn't a problem.

Just let me know if you want to participate.

Keith

Keith

Nice work! When are you planning to tell her?

Our anniversary is Jan 20th. We'll probably go to dinner that night and I'll have the cruise docs wrapped up in a box or something. I hope she doesn't freak that she'll only have 11 days to prepare. I'm flying my sister in from Utah to watch the kids while we're gone, too!

Our anniversary is Jan 20th. We'll probably go to dinner that night and I'll have the cruise docs wrapped up in a box or something. I hope she doesn't freak that she'll only have 11 days to prepare. I'm flying my sister in from Utah to watch the kids while we're gone, too!

That's so sweet :love::woohoo:

Howdy all,

we just booked this cruise 10 minutes ago.:cool1:
This is our 23rd DCL cruise and we have cruised Carnival.

Just got off the Fantasy 11/24/12 and had an awesome time. Now to check out the Dream.:thumbsup2
My name is Kathy and DH is Greg. Just us this time.

Please add us to the FE list.
Sorry I dont have a room number yet, they said we should have it by 14 days prior to the cruise.

Do you have a meet planned yet?

If not we found the Vista Cafe deck 4 midship was a great place to have one. There were plenty of chairs and family friendly area which was easy for new people to find. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

I am off to the store now but will post again when we return!!

Just saw where Donald has 41 DCL cruises WOW!!!
Glad to see someone is as crazy about Disney as we are.:rotfl2:

Looking forward to meeting everyone on board.

Kathy

Hi fellow cruisers on Jan 31!

We have been booked since Sept and getting excited! This will be my 9th Disney Cruise (2nd time on Dream). I will be cruising with my mom, my aunt and uncle. This is their 1st cruise!!:banana:

Me - Maria - 37
Mom - Toni - 65 - celebrating the big 65 and retirement for her! :cake:
Aunt - Mary - 66 - Toni's sister and finally agree to try cruising!
Uncle - Hunter - 65 - Easy going guy and ready to go cruising!

We have connecting rooms - mid ship on Deck 6 - will post later if we decide on FE this cruise.

HI!!! :yay::cheer2::wave2::wave2::wave2::wave2:

Howdy all,

we just booked this cruise 10 minutes ago.:cool1:
This is our 23rd DCL cruise and we have cruised Carnival.

Just got off the Fantasy 11/24/12 and had an awesome time. Now to check out the Dream.:thumbsup2
My name is Kathy and DH is Greg. Just us this time.

Please add us to the FE list.
Sorry I dont have a room number yet, they said we should have it by 14 days prior to the cruise.

Do you have a meet planned yet?

If not we found the Vista Cafe deck 4 midship was a great place to have one. There were plenty of chairs and family friendly area which was easy for new people to find. Just an idea I thought I would throw out there.

I am off to the store now but will post again when we return!!

Just saw where Donald has 41 DCL cruises WOW!!!
Glad to see someone is as crazy about Disney as we are.:rotfl2:

Looking forward to meeting everyone on board.

Kathy

Welcome! I will add you to the FE list. Just let me know your cabin number when you get it.

No one has coordinated a meet and greet yet, if you would like to do this that would be great.

Keith

I am originally from STL, lived in NJ, NYC & now South Florida. My DH, Jay, was born in Brooklyn, grew up in NJ & now lives in South Florida. :beach:
We are getting more & more excited every day for our 1st Disney Cruise.
I am especially psyched about "Pirate Night" - anytime I get to dress up is a good time for me:tinker: pixiedust:
Does everyone really get all decked out in Pirate Gear pirate:? I hope so... :genie: :rainbow: :ccat:
princess: "Princess" Leah

I am originally from STL, lived in NJ, NYC & now South Florida. My DH, Jay, was born in Brooklyn, grew up in NJ & now lives in South Florida. :beach:
We are getting more & more excited every day for our 1st Disney Cruise.
I am especially psyched about "Pirate Night" - anytime I get to dress up is a good time for me:tinker: pixiedust:
Does everyone really get all decked out in Pirate Gear pirate:? I hope so... :genie: :rainbow: :ccat:
princess: "Princess" Leah

Some dress up a lot, others not so much. I always dress up all the way as a pirate. The more who do the more fun it is. You're even encouraged to dress as a pirate at dinner that night.
Usually they giv eyou a free pirate bandana you can wear too. But they arnt very big so they are hard to tie on you're head.

My DH usually wears the bandana and a pirate t-shirt.

usually the longer the cruise the more who dress up.

I will offer one bit of advice. My outfit has a loose skirt. NOT a good idea as it is usually very windy on deck during the party. I have trouble everytime keeping my skirt down where it belongs:rotfl2:

In November Greg had to stand close behind me and arms on both sides of me to keep my skirt down during the party.:lmao: Lots of ladies had short skirts on and they were having problems too.

So you might want to think pants or a tight skirt that can't blow up over your head or leggings to wear under the skirt.

I am looking for pants myself this cruise.

Kathy

For everyone who would like to meet up face to face on the ship to say Hello we are having a Meet and Greet.

Time: The first afternoon at 3:00 P.M.
Place: Vista Cafe

This is a great time to let your kids make friends with the other kids before going to the clubs.

Hope to see eveyrone there!!!

I will post this information once a week so any new people will know about it too.

The safety drill is at 4:00 P.m. so that give us 45 to 50 minutes to chat.

Kathy

In reading back through this thread I noticed alot o confusion about what a FE is so I thought it might help people to see one.
So here is a photo of mine.

Hope it helps people to see what it is.

DSC03559-2.jpg

Some dress up a lot, others not so much. I always dress up all the way as a pirate. The more who do the more fun it is. You're even encouraged to dress as a pirate at dinner that night.
Usually they giv eyou a free pirate bandana you can wear too. But they arnt very big so they are hard to tie on you're head.

My DH usually wears the bandana and a pirate t-shirt.

usually the longer the cruise the more who dress up.

I will offer one bit of advice. My outfit has a loose skirt. NOT a good idea as it is usually very windy on deck during the party. I have trouble everytime keeping my skirt down where it belongs:rotfl2:

In November Greg had to stand close behind me and arms on both sides of me to keep my skirt down during the party.:lmao: Lots of ladies had short skirts on and they were having problems too.

So you might want to think pants or a tight skirt that can't blow up over your head or leggings to wear under the skirt.

I am looking for pants myself this cruise.

Kathy

Thanks for the info Kathy :woohoo:

I just bought my DH a pirate tee shirt & he said "Can I really wear this to dinner"? I told him it shouldn't be a problem since it is "Pirate Night" pirate:

princess: Leah

Thanks for the info Kathy :woohoo:

I just bought my DH a pirate tee shirt & he said "Can I really wear this to dinner"? I told him it shouldn't be a problem since it is "Pirate Night" pirate:

princess: Leah

You bet he can wear it to dinner. Even you're wait staff are dressed in Pirate attire. We will be dressed as pirates that night around 6 p.m. through the end of the night. We have late dining.

Kathy

I don't know if anyone here is interested but on several of our past cruises we did a question of the day to help get aquainted.
Anyone can post the question, even if we get 2 or 3 in a day.

It's kind of a fun way to pass the time.
It can even be a trivia question if you want.

I will start us off and see if anyone responds.:confused3

Today's question:

Who is your favorite Disney character (s) ?

My answer:

I never could pick just one, there are too many. But Donald Duck, Goofy and Chip & Dale are my favorites.

Ok, now it's your turn to answer.:thumbsup2

Kathy

I just booked us on this cruise ....... first cruise ever :cool1:
Me, DH, DD (10) and DS (8)
I'm not planning on doing the FE, but am going to try and get to the meet up.

Favorite Character : Eeyore

I have loved donkeys since I was a little girl, and Eeyore is the highest profile of them all :)

I just booked us on this cruise ....... first cruise ever :cool1:
Me, DH, DD (10) and DS (8)
I'm not planning on doing the FE, but am going to try and get to the meet up.

Welcome Amanda,

You picked the right cruise line for a first cruise. Especially since you have kids. We never realized how much DCL spoils you until we cruised a different line. Please ask any questions you might have. Usually someone will know the answer.

Hope you can make the meet.

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter