• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

One more question, we are on a very tight budget(I'm a 20 year old bride and both in college) and I wasn't sure which photography package to get. How much is an extra hour of photography? I know we can't afford to hire a photographer outside of the Disney one. I want at least a few decent pictures. However, I'm not a picture-crazy Bride. Something to remember the day by and frame-worthy, but I don't need a billion. ;)

Ok, so I'm sure that if I go back through the paperwork I will find it when I'm not looking for it. For those who did their wedding DCL, who gets to go on board with you when you first check in at the terminal? I think I read it somewhere but I'll be darned if I can find it now that I'm looking for it.

One more question, we are on a very tight budget(I'm a 20 year old bride and both in college) and I wasn't sure which photography package to get. How much is an extra hour of photography? I know we can't afford to hire a photographer outside of the Disney one. I want at least a few decent pictures. However, I'm not a picture-crazy Bride. Something to remember the day by and frame-worthy, but I don't need a billion. ;)

Guests dropping out is a norm for destination weddings. I had several drop out including my own mother. Our entire party ended up being 8 people including us. I actually think it was perfect. It was really nice because we got to spend quality time with everyone.
I would recommend having two of your bridesmaids stand on his side so everything looks symmetrical.
I had the onboard photography and got the largest package. It's worth it just for the CD. An extra hour of photography only cost $85. I would highly recommend it so that you can go around the ship & get some good photos. The hour including the ceremony & reception goes by fast even with a small group.

Ok, so I'm sure that if I go back through the paperwork I will find it when I'm not looking for it. For those who did their wedding DCL, who gets to go on board with you when you first check in at the terminal? I think I read it somewhere but I'll be darned if I can find it now that I'm looking for it.

The bride & groom get on board together. For the legal ceremony you are allowed 2 witnesses. They will give you a time to meet w/your onboard coordinator & legal ceremony time when you check in at the port.

Guests dropping out is a norm for destination weddings. I had several drop out including my own mother. Our entire party ended up being 8 people including us. I actually think it was perfect. It was really nice because we got to spend quality time with everyone.
I would recommend having two of your bridesmaids stand on his side so everything looks symmetrical.
I had the onboard photography and got the largest package. It's worth it just for the CD. An extra hour of photography only cost $85. I would highly recommend it so that you can go around the ship & get some good photos. The hour including the ceremony & reception goes by fast even with a small group.

How did u like the on board photographer?

Thanks everyone! I will definitely opt for the extra hour and were *trying* to get the biggest photography package. My fiance randomly became unemployed for the past month, so it's been rough trying to get on track with the expenses.

Another question, with a small group would you recommend hand delivering the welcome bags or paying the $2 fee. The expense isn't the worry, just the mishaps I've heard have happened. Also, if you don't want to get your hair washed and cut at the salon, is the up-do still $30? Thanks everyone!

Thanks everyone! I will definitely opt for the extra hour and were *trying* to get the biggest photography package. My fiance randomly became unemployed for the past month, so it's been rough trying to get on track with the expenses.

Another question, with a small group would you recommend hand delivering the welcome bags or paying the $2 fee. The expense isn't the worry, just the mishaps I've heard have happened. Also, if you don't want to get your hair washed and cut at the salon, is the up-do still $30? Thanks everyone!

I handed out my gifts. I thought it seemed more personal. I only got an up-do & I believe it was $75. My hair was classified as long.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Anyone have a comment about the Under the Sea cake? I'm kinda thinking no since it doesn't seem that you could put the cute cake topper on it. I love that mickey and minnie cake topper! ;)

We just got home from our wedding cruise to Alaska on the Wonder. We had a wonderful time. We used the on-board photographer and he was amazing! We got so many pictures that we love. I will try to post some pics in the next few days.

Beth

We just got home from our wedding cruise to Alaska on the Wonder. We had a wonderful time. We used the on-board photographer and he was amazing! We got so many pictures that we love. I will try to post some pics in the next few days.

Beth

I can't wait to see them, I'm sure the Alaskan scenery made a beautiful backdrop.

Beth

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures! So glad you had a wonderful time. How was the Alaskan cruise?

Jodi

Alaska was beautiful. Our wedding was scheduled for 5:30 on our first sea day and we were scheduled to be going through a Fjord at that time. So as we were getting married we were going through a narrow channel surrounded by mountains with waterfalls. We couldn't have asked for better scenery. We also ended up with great weather, it was in the mid seventies.

I was in awe with Alaska. I would go there again in a minute. Pictures don't do it justice for how beautiful it is.

Beth

Alaska was beautiful. Our wedding was scheduled for 5:30 on our first sea day and we were scheduled to be going through a Fjord at that time. So as we were getting married we were going through a narrow channel surrounded by mountains with waterfalls. We couldn't have asked for better scenery. We also ended up with great weather, it was in the mid seventies.

I was in awe with Alaska. I would go there again in a minute. Pictures don't do it justice for how beautiful it is.

Beth

So cool! I had thought about Alaska--it's just a big commitment for friends/family. Can't wait for pix-sounds like the perfect day!

Concierge

Does DCL still give complimentary concierge to couples having a DCL wedding??

It's not considered concierge but you get some of the same things. you can book port adventures, Palo and spa at 120 days out, same as concierge. We checked in at the concierge desk when boarding. We also got the additional H2O spa products like Aloe and body wash. We also got afternoon snacks delivered each day. We did stay in our regular veranda room (cat 5B) so we didn't get upgraded to a different room just got a few of the extras.

Beth

It's not considered concierge but you get some of the same things. you can book port adventures, Palo and spa at 120 days out, same as concierge. We checked in at the concierge desk when boarding. We also got the additional H2O spa products like Aloe and body wash. We also got afternoon snacks delivered each day. We did stay in our regular veranda room (cat 5B) so we didn't get upgraded to a different room just got a few of the extras.

Beth

Thanks for the info! That's great to know. Looking forward to hearing about your wedding experience!

Jodi

Thanks for the help everyone!

Anyone have a comment about the Under the Sea cake? I'm kinda thinking no since it doesn't seem that you could put the cute cake topper on it. I love that mickey and minnie cake topper! ;)

We had the Under the Sea cake. There is a chocolate shell on the top of the cake and Mickey and Minnie were on the table with flower petals and other flowers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter