• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

Hey Tom

May I ask you where you got that Mickey Inspired Demask print? I am designing my own Playing cards and think that would look pretty good as my background.

If you could send it to me that would be amazing!

Thanks!!
Heidi

I made it with inspiration from fabric I saw on a quilt.
What color do you want?

Hey Tom

May I ask you where you got that Mickey Inspired Demask print? I am designing my own Playing cards and think that would look pretty good as my background.

If you could send it to me that would be amazing!

Thanks!!
Heidi

(I also posted on the PJ)

I love hte card idea! SO CUTE!
I tried making a full card back, but if you just want the demask, just let me know...either way I can email you the high res (and choice of colors)

BTW, what did you think about my Personal Weding Navigators? Do you think i should make any changes? Do you think it's a good design and something cruise brides would want to have done?

cardscopy.jpg

Hello Past & Future Brides ...

Did you have "Wedding Programs" ... or are you planning on having them?
If you did, did you feel that they were not worth having or did you find them helpful?

For the champagne celebration, did anyone "stage" the cake and have it served another time, maybe at dinner? If so, were you happy with your decision?

I'm not sure what you mean by "Staging" the cake specifically, but we cut our cake during the celebration immediately after the ceremony. We made the first cuts for the staged photographs (which are beautiful pictures!) then the wedding coordinator cut cake for all of the guests during that celebration. We had... SO MUCH EXTRA CAKE! We even had it brought up to eat for dessert at our dinner later that night, and we STILL had so much cake left over! That choice is up to you, but I was happy with the way things were arranged!

Merry Christmas Ladies!! Merry Christmas Jessie!!
I honestly haven't been able to get online for the last few days. So sorry to post a belated Christmas to all.

Jillian, I'm sure your cake was huge. You had a large guest count if I remember. You'll have to post a pic of it. I think the staggered cake cutting is in thinking of having cake served at dinner. I know thats been suggested to a few brides by dftw as a way to give them more use of time in ceremony/reception space. I've also been wanting to ask you what time you chose for your ceremony. I'm still trying to wrap my head around ceremony time/dinner time and how that all works with pirates night on a December cruise. I read somewhere that all Dec cruised were treated as Holiday cruises and I'm not sure what that means if it will effect my planning times etc.

I just sent out our save the dates and officially the count down is on. We are less then 1 year away :cheer2: I ordered a dress for our either our dp or to change into later on wedding day haven't decided yet but its getting closer. =)

Merry Christmas Ladies!! Merry Christmas Jessie!!
I honestly haven't been able to get online for the last few days. So sorry to post a belated Christmas to all.

Jillian, I'm sure your cake was huge. You had a large guest count if I remember. You'll have to post a pic of it. I think the staggered cake cutting is in thinking of having cake served at dinner. I know thats been suggested to a few brides by dftw as a way to give them more use of time in ceremony/reception space. I've also been wanting to ask you what time you chose for your ceremony. I'm still trying to wrap my head around ceremony time/dinner time and how that all works with pirates night on a December cruise. I read somewhere that all Dec cruised were treated as Holiday cruises and I'm not sure what that means if it will effect my planning times etc.

I just sent out our save the dates and officially the count down is on. We are less then 1 year away :cheer2: I ordered a dress for our either our dp or to change into later on wedding day haven't decided yet but its getting closer. =)

My cake wasn't huge by any means. It was the standard 2 tiered cake... but I'm not sure whether or not they had brought in a sheet cake, though. Also, I had no options as to "When" I could have my event because we got married on Pirate night and because of our group size, they only had one option of venue: the D Lounge. My even happened at 4 and they had us out of there by 5 because there was a Pirate Night event scheduled in D Lounge at 5:30. It was short and sweet, but my only regret is that I didn't get nearly enough family shots because once people left the ceremony/celebration they disappeared! And by 5:00 all of Disney's characters and photographers were all over the Atrium :-/ I regret not taking family wedding pictures BEFORE the event when it was quiet, but Michael didn't want to see me until I was walking down the aisle. We chose a late dinner time, so around 8:15 PM... That gave us 3 hours of photography before dinner, which was a great amount of time because I wanted pictures EVERYWHERE! The link to all of my photos is on my PJ/TR if you want to see pictures of my cake/cake table. I think it might give you a good idea of how the timing worked once you see the pictures chronologically. Keep in mind that we had 2 shooters, so the photos from the 2nd shooter are first, in chronological order, then the 1st shooter is next, also in chronological order. Lemme know if you have any other questions for me!

Hi Jillian, I'll definitely check out your pics again. I know I've seen them before but never noticed the cake. Thank you again I'm sure I'll have many questions for you soon enough ;)

Hi Jillian, I'll definitely check out your pics again. I know I've seen them before but never noticed the cake. Thank you again I'm sure I'll have many questions for you soon enough ;)

If you're looking at my photographer's website with all of my photos (link in my PJ) You can skip to pages 5 and 23 for pictures of my cake and cake table :thumbsup2 And as always, I welcome any questions!

Can any of the former brides tell me when you pay for excursions? Today is my 120 day mark & I reserved cabana #9, but it never asked me for payment online. I've sailed with royal Caribbean before & you had to pay at the same time that you made the reservation.

Can any of the former brides tell me when you pay for excursions? Today is my 120 day mark & I reserved cabana #9, but it never asked me for payment online. I've sailed with royal Caribbean before & you had to pay at the same time that you made the reservation.

All the excursions will be on your cabin account.
Congratulations and Good Luck.

So do I pay that before or during the cruise?

The last few cruises I have been on, we booked the excursions online and were given the option to cancel up until two days before the cruise. We did not pay until we were on the cruise. I am pretty sure that's how it was. We pretty much booked the ones we wanted, and then the last week or so sat down and decided which ones we would actually do, just to reserve the spot, and then paid for them during the cruise.

Happy New Year and welcome to your wedding year those who are getting married in 2013!! :cool1:

Still a long wait for me, but I've managed to change my plans again .. as per normal!! We were going to do a 4 night cruise and get married on CC, but some of my family have said a 7 night cruise would suit them much more.

Flying over from the UK is not cheap, so their way of thinking is that if they just come for the wedding, it's a 7 night holiday all in one. If we did the 4 night, they'd have to find something to do for a few days as it's way too far to fly for 4 nights!! Going to WDW is a massive expense on top of the cruise obviously, so a 7 nighter is looking quite good!

Have been adding to my Pinterest board slowly .. does anyone else have a Pinterest board I could look at for ideas? :thumbsup2

Happy New Year and welcome to your wedding year those who are getting married in 2013!! :cool1:

Still a long wait for me, but I've managed to change my plans again .. as per normal!! We were going to do a 4 night cruise and get married on CC, but some of my family have said a 7 night cruise would suit them much more.

Flying over from the UK is not cheap, so their way of thinking is that if they just come for the wedding, it's a 7 night holiday all in one. If we did the 4 night, they'd have to find something to do for a few days as it's way too far to fly for 4 nights!! Going to WDW is a massive expense on top of the cruise obviously, so a 7 nighter is looking quite good!

Have been adding to my Pinterest board slowly .. does anyone else have a Pinterest board I could look at for ideas? :thumbsup2

If you can do a longer cruise, DO IT!!! I had to have a 3 night to allow most of my guests to attend (especially my brother & sister in law who are teachers and could only get off for the weekend) and 3 nights was NOT long enough! I really wish I had more time to spend with my family and friends and my cruise did not allow enough time for that. On our castaway cay day, the day AFTER our wedding, we took some photos on the island, then went onboard and slept the rest of the day away!

You can try looking up my pinterest (Jillian Berner) I have "Wedding-y Things" and "Wedding Photography" as well as "Craft-tastic" as boards that I put wedding ideas into. I think also "Beauty and Style" had a bunch of makeup ideas and "Hairstyles" were wedding related. Heck, I think I even pinned some of my own wedding photos in my Wedding Photography board because I had SUCH a hard time finding DCL wedding photos as inspiration! If you want to see all of the photos from my photographer, check out my PJ/TR. Just be warned- Pinterest is addicting!!! :rotfl:

Congrats Ginger, just absolutely gorgeous ...
I'm about 3.5 weeks to go, looking at that is making me really excited!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter