• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Luvin your updates. Luv all the pics and the food hmmm. I need Disney food

__disneygirl said:
I told you this would get frumpy.

That's going on your tombstone. I also recommend getting it tattooed.

P.s. I love that you are keeping up with the updates despite all the chaos of MOVING TO DISNEY. You're nothing if not diligent, my friend!

I am now going to do BOTH of these things. I wish I were as diligent as she...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Jess! I'm so excited for your DCP, it's going to be the most awesome experience of your life!! I can't wait to hear all about it!

That's going on your tombstone. I also recommend getting it tattooed.

P.s. I love that you are keeping up with the updates despite all the chaos of MOVING TO DISNEY. You're nothing if not diligent, my friend!

I also think the tag fairy around here should hook this up! :rotfl:

I am totally here and following along - I have been waiting forever for you to start this! Yaya! We will be there this summer - but unfortunately, it will be after you leave. :(

Super excited for you.... Now to go back and catch up! :)

D~

I was just thinking the same thing D! Oh cool maybe Jess will be at POR and then I saw your dates. Total let down. I get there about a week after you leave.

Can't wait to hear what you got. Enjoy every moment of your DCP

I love your reports. It make me smile to see someone so happy over the simply joys of life. I am sure you will bring a smile to many face while you are there and people will talk about you as the great CM that made their day. Looking forward to your updates and hope to see you on our next trip. Enjoy. pixiedust:

So happy for you! And so happy that you will be keeping a TR.... I was going to ask if you were going to blog about it :)! Prayers coming your way.... good luck !

Jess,

After reading all your TR, I must confess, I teared up a bit knowing that you were starting this new chapter in your life.

Your Dad, this made my cry. He loves his little girl.

Good Luck & Best Wishes! I will be reading along. I am so excited for you.

:goodvibes

I've been a lurker on your reports for a couple years now. I just wanted to come out of lurkdom to congratulate you on following your dreams! It takes a lot of courage. I can't wait to read about all your adventures.

So excited to hear all about your DCP adventures. Tried to follow you on twitter, but I'm blocked?!?! Good luck and I can't wait to read more!

That's wonderful that you get to live out your dream in the DCP! Enjoy every minute of it, you are so fortunate to be able to experience it. I tried to follow you on twitter and its blocked, my daughter is so wanting to work in DCP in a couple of years so seeing all that you go through will be a learning experience for her. Love the updates you do

Coronado is our FAVORITE resort! Can't imagine staying anywhere else.

Loved all your photo's and hearing about everything from the flight to going to bed the night before your orientation.

I can't wait to read what resort will be lucky enough to have you as a concierge! :surfweb:

This is such a good idea! I have a feeling I'm going to be all over this trip report. I can't wait to hear what your experience is like. I'm think of applying maybe next year.

Congratulations on your new adventure! I promise you it will be memories that last a life time and, you'll have friends for the rest of your life. I still talk to all my room mates from my DCP and that was 8 years ago.

oh my gosh so exciting!!!!! Yayyyy!!!! Hopefully in the next few updates you'll let us know where you are n then I can look for you in May :)

Loved reading your trip report so far!! Hope you have an awesome time in the DCP. My cousin was in the DCP during the Fall 2012 semester and loved it!!

Soooo excited to see this TR Jess! LOVE all of your TRs and can't wait to hear about your concierge adventures. Congratulations on living your dream and I can't wait to read all about it!!!!

January 22nd, 2013 (Part 1) - CHECK-IN AND CASTING

Okay so I tossed and turned for a couple HOURS. My mind was racing. It was like that too excited to sleep commercial but like& time 5,000. I get excited when I go to Disney for a vacation but I can usually fall asleep. This time& there was just no hope.

I finally drifted off around 2:30 pm. Next thing I knew, all three of our alarms went off at 3:30 am. TIME TO GET UP, RE, RE,RE!

I posted on twitter:
GOOOOOOD MORNING!!!! IT'S TIME TO TO TO CHECK-IN FOR OUR DCP!!!

At that point I was just like OHHKAY LITTLE NAP, LETS GO, LETS GO, LETS GO! If you remember Kristens sleep deprivation at Space Mountain on the first night of our August 2011 trip& thats EXACTLY how I was acting. But probably worse. I was very spastic and jittery and CRAZAY. "Frumpin it up& love that frumpin&" (I hope you all sang that like the Stacey song)

I threw on a little bit of make-up and some clothes, we got the stuff we needed, and we were out the door a little after 4 am.

img7514k.jpg

We drove over to Vista Way because thats where check-in was! It was SO DARK outside! There was already a pretty long line. I would guess 75-100 people were there already!

img7517jo.jpg

My Mom dropped us off and then went to go find something to eat. We got in line and just hung out.

Time passed and then Mom finally came back. Nothing was open yet (shocker) but she got us some yogurt parfaits from 7-11! Perfect.

FRUMP DOWN.

img7519z.jpg

We waited a bit and then the line started moving up. They just moved the entire group into the Vista complex instead of us waiting outside of the gates and near the street. LUCKILY we were stopped right in this section where there were seats. So that was perfect.

img7522qs.jpg

They brought us little sticker name tags. YAY!

img7523jz.jpg

img7527n.jpg

After a while my roommate came and found us in line! Her name is Maria and shes from Arizona. She has done the DCP before and last time her role was All Star Sports Quick Service Food and Beverage. For this program she was placed in Tomorrowland attractions!

She flew in from Arizona last night and got here at 6 pm. She stayed at her friends house and then she came to meet up with us! She seems really nice!

At this point, Mark started having to pee. He drank that whole bottle of water and it was started to hit him. He was in the musical "Urinetown" this past semester, so he said, SO THIS IS WHAT URINETOWN FEELS LIKE!!!! Poor Mark& we still had such a long way to go.

img7528y.jpg

So we pretty much waited from 4:15 am - 7 am in the cold. I mean, it wasnt 9 degrees or anything but it was CHILLY. Some people didnt even bring sweatshirts!

Around 6 something it suddenly started getting light out. HOORAY!

img7530b.jpg

The last hour flew pretty fast and they started moving us up again a little after 7 am.

We got up to the welcome center and had to file through the line. Thank GOD we got there when we did!

img7571d.jpg

img7572t.jpg

img7534hm.jpg

VISTA WAAAAAAY.

img7538b.jpg

We inched closer and closer!

img7573e.jpg

img7574v.jpg

img7575u.jpg

HOORAY!

img7576ya.jpg

So after waiting for a bit we were given our BEAUTIFUL program guides, which are our lifelines during our DCP. They include all of the rules, policies, addresses, phone numbers, and informational stuff that we will need during our program. Also, theres a nice little agenda in there! YAY YAY YAY! I cant wait to use it. The best part about it is that it includes the characters birthdays and opening dates for things at WDW. LOVE IT!

img7583hf.jpg

Now begins the journey of a lifetime. FINALLY MY DREAM IS COMING TRUE!!!

img7577ie.jpg

img7578xp.jpg

We got through and they gave us labels for our mandatory housing meeting for tomorrow morning. They put the labels on the back of our program guide.

Then we went through the line some more and got inside! YAY WARMTH. There they gave us the labels with our location assignments for our roles!

GUESS WHERE I WAS PLACED....

CORONADO SPRINGS!!!!

img7647ab.jpg

img7648k.jpg

I swear to God, we booked our nights at CSR for this trip BEFORE we knew I was placed there! I guess there's no such thing as a coincidence!

It was such an honor to be placed there. Plus its SO BEAUTIFUL. Im really looking forward to it!

After that we had to fill out some fun paperwork and all of that informational stuff that needs to get done.

All throughout this whole time Mark STILL has to pee. I literally thought he was going to burst. It was so bad hahaha

Then we went into the next room and it was the room assignments room!

img7579h.jpg

Then& he saw it.

MARK SPOTTED A BATHROOM!

He asked this cast member, Ed, if he could use it. Ed said yes and Mark RAN to the bathroom. FRUMPY FRUMP.

He was back in like 20 seconds but he was SO HAPPY.

I posted on twitter:
URINETOWN IS OVER @mjp935

We waited for the next available CM for our housing and we chatted with Ed. He LOVED us. He thought Mark and I were just hilarious. He asked me, so you and Maria are going to be together, and Mark wants to be next door so you can look at each other through the hole in the wall because you love each other and youre going to get married. So obviously being the goofballs that we are, we totally went along with it and I told Ed that Mark was going to propose to me in front of Cinderellas Caste. And Ed was like, well why dont I just make this happen right now? You guys can get married in the housing waiting room for your DCP! Bahaha it was the funniest conversation ever.

So after all of that, Ed let Mark come up with Maria and me to the CM who was assigning us our room. Maria and I ended up getting a 3-bedroom room in Patterson.

How it works is that there are 2 girls per room, so we would have 6 girls total. We would be rooming with 4 others we didnt know yet!

So then the CM looked for Mark& and she said, "Okay Jess is in ###02, so for Mark how does ###01 sound?" She found an opening in THE ROOM DIRECTLY NEXT TO OURS!!!!

So Mark and I are neighbors. This is literally the most perfect thing that could have ever happened ever.

We were SO excited!!!

From there we got more documentation. Then we kept filing through and THEY HAD TO TAKE PICTURES OF US FOR OUR PATTERSON IDS.

I was pullin a major frump day and was not prepared for this picture.

Thankfully it came out way better than I thought, but I was so mad that I didnt realize I was going to be photographed for this important form of identification!

So then we went outside to a table where they explained more stuff to us. Then we went to a booth with educational information. The CM gave us papers on our Disney classes as well as NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES. They literally have networking sessions set up that you can go to. I NEED to make sure I go to these.

Then we moved over to the Safe-D station where they talked about safety. They gave us a "Safe-D beings with me" pin! Then we got DCP reusable bags and they had granola bars and fruit for us if we wanted!

Next thing was going to Casting! We were all on the 9:30 am bus. So after waiting in the cold, we finally started loading on around 9 am. Snow White and the 7 Dwarves was playing on the bus so it was super precious.

The cast member talking to us on the way to Casting was super nice! His name was Kevin and he was on the opening crew for Disneys Animal Kingdom back in 1998 on his own college program. They did some Disney trivia and handed out prizes.

Then we got to the Casting building and it was SO EXCITING. This was such a monumental moment of my life. I was freakin out.

img7610cc.jpg

Continued in Next Post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter