DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

Jess! First of all, I apologize for falling so behind on your reports. I've been spending a lot less time on this site, but your reports are still awesome! It's so exciting seeing those gorgeous pics of CSR - I stayed there for the first time last month and thought it was really beautiful (with my favorite 'detail' being the pineapple fountains). :goodvibes

Good luck with your DCP experience! I'll definitely be following along (even if I don't get to comment a lot) :)

By the way, I last had that Grand Floridian Cafe fondue over 2 years ago, and I've been craving it ever since. :laughing: Your entire meal there looks amazing!

Great update. The resort photos are amazing, it sounds like you've had a brilliant day. I'm so excited for you to move to your DCP apartment and find out where you'll be working, can't wait to "tune in" for the next update xx

LOVED all of the updates!!!

We are just so excited for you, and can't wait to hear which resort you get to report to!!!

D~ <--- My dds are following you on Instagram - so, by "we", I mean the three of us. :)

I love Duffy, but I have a two year old...who am I kidding, that story is so cute of how Mickey got Duffy! I hope today is full of magic! Wishing you the perfect resort to work in and fabulous roommates!

When I grow up I want to stay at the GF too! In the meantime I may just have to check out CSR as we've never stayed there!

Great photos of Coronado Springs. I have never stayed there, and the only time I really ever saw it was on a bus. I might have to go visit sometime because it does look really pretty.

Great updates Jess!! You have sold me on Coronado..I like Port Orleans as a moderate but we might just have to give this place a try..
By the way just started following you on instagram..great pics!!
Good luck today!!

Hi Jess! Long time lurker of your trip reports and have thoroughly enjoyed each one. Finally posting because I cannot get over how similar your story is to mine. I was a long-time Disney fanatic and finally decided to apply for the program my senior year of college. I was hired for front desk at the Y&B club during Fall Advantage ‘06. My boyfriend and I were together for about as long as you and Preston when I left for Disney. It was so hard being separated but he visited a few times which made everything easier. Since my program ended we’ve returned annually, got engaged at the GF on my birthday and married at Disney a year later. Now we’re DVC owners! :goodvibes

Be sure to enjoy every second of your program. It will be hard work but you’ll meet some great friends and have some incredible once-in-a-lifetime experiences you’ll never forget.

While I decided not to stay at Disney (I was pretty homesick by the time my program ended) it really set me up on a nice career path. My current boss was more impressed with my Disney internship than anything else on my resume.

Have a magical time! :thumbsup2

Hi Jess

So happy everything is ok for you !

Do you think it's possible to grab some french maps parks ? Could you send me them or scan ?

Thank you very much :wave2:

I think Coronado is one of the most beautiful resorts. I really want to stay there one day!

I LOVE your panoramic shots of the resort. They are so pretty!

Your Alice shirt is awesome. Did you get it at Forever 21?

THEY HAVE GELATO?! Why didn’t I know this?

That Friendship boat pin is the best thing ever.

EEEEE I love your tweets and pictures and I am just so incredibly happy for you!!!! I hope check in goes well!

You took some great resort photos! We have visited there a few times to eat. The Pepper Market is a hidden gem, I think!

Okay, that burger looks delicious! I might have to try it.

Good luck today! :wave2:

So excited for you we r going in September just my husband and I for our ten year anniv. And we are taking lots of ur dinning reviews grandfloridan cafe is on the list food looked great. Can,t wait to see where u get placed good luck!

Jess I am normally a lurker on your "frump" reports - I find them seriously GREAT reading and I am super excited you are doing the DCP.. I just wanted to say that the note from your Dad is awesome - made me cry at my desk here at work.. You are an amazing young lady and have a wonderful family (and friends) Thank you for sharing them with us, Michelle :thumbsup2

Hello! Long time lurker, first time actually commenting! I just wanted to send you my best wishes in your new adventure with the DCP. :goodvibes

My DH and I had our first baby in October and we can't WAIT to get her to Disney...you've gotta start them early!:rotfl:

Take care and all the best! I'll be lurking along with your DCP adventures!:thumbsup2

Congrats on your program! I pretty much did the same thing as you last year (Spring Adv. 2012)! It's such a great opportunity. A word to the wise...make sure you don't spend ALL your money you make in the parks. You still need to buy food for your apartment! (says the one that lived on easy mac for pretty much all of last February because of the CM holiday discounts...oops lol) Have a fantastic time! pixiedust:

We are staying at POR this year but my DD8 already told me that next year it's Coronado Springs!

Subbing!

So glad I found this and I am so HAPPY for you. I followed along from lurkdom mostly on that Yacht Club TR a few years ago. It was great. I just booked our August trip at the Yacht Club and was thinking I have to go find that Frumpy Bathrobe something or other TR where the girls were dancing and singing in bathrobes and low and behold I saw this.

I don't you at all, but I know this is so perfect for you, enjoy every moment and make a zillion magical memories! And when you have a few minutes, come share them with us!!!

Would love to have one of my boys do the DCP someday! Can't wait to hear more :thumbsup2

I told you this would get frumpy.

That's going on your tombstone. I also recommend getting it tattooed.

P.s. I love that you are keeping up with the updates despite all the chaos of MOVING TO DISNEY. You're nothing if not diligent, my friend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter