DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM - A Spring 2013 Adventure! *COMPLETE* 11/20

So joining in. Can't wait to read all about your adventures

The college program sounds so fun! Enjoy the fantastic experience.

Coronado is gorgeous. Last time we stayed there we kept seeing a baby gator in the lake. DS8 loved it but me not so much!

Btw, we share the same fave pizza. That's one of my must haves along with a creme brûlée for dessert. WPE is awesome!

Hi! Ahhhh! I'm so excited to follow along with your DCP trip report, I just started following your trip reports about 6 months ago and I'm trying to catch up on them. :surfweb: slowly but surely. Anyway I'm so excited to follow this one because I'm a college freshmen and stongly considering doing DCP if I can manage (my major makes it hard).

I started following your on twitter and instagram (I'm Judy_Judy94, just so you know i'm not a creeper). I can't wait to hear more. Thanks for sharing. :)

Jess,

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your college program experience. I have read all your TR's and have totally enjoyed them but this is really going to be something different and special. It's going to give so much more insight into Disney.
I fell in love with Disney on my first trip back in 1976 for the Bicentennial when I was 13 and have loved it ever since. I am hoping to make a quick trip down in the Fall since I turn 50 this year. I am a huge Belle fan and really want to eat in Be Our Guest.
I envy you your experience. I only wish I had known about the DCP when I was your age. No computers or DISboards back then:goodvibes
Good luck and enjoy your wonderful experience!!!!

So excited to follow along, thanks for sharing! You are going to be great. We are staying at Kidani in March, would love to see you working at AKL!

I love reading your updates!!! AHHH I am so jealous of your life right now!!!!! Can't wait to hear more.

I am so happy for you! I can't wait to read about this and I'll be down there in march so I hope to see you :)

Eeeeeeek!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! I'm new to DISboards and just stumbled across your TR and fell in love!! I feel like I've known you forever!! The letter from your dad was sooooo sweet! I will be living vicariously through you for the next 6 months (or longer ;)). It's truly awesome that so many of your dreams are coming true at such a young age! You are truly blessed! Good luck & Best Wishes ;)

Oh that email from your dad. Words can't describe how precious that is.

I love the idea of a live TR! Can't wait to read all about it!

I have followed your last two trip reports. I signed up on the DIS while I was planning my last trip in 2011 but have hardly posted. I hate the term "lurker" and certainly don't want to BE one, so I just wanted to say hi. I am super excited for you and also a little (a lot) jealous! My absolute love of all things Disney (but especially Disney World) came later in life for me in 2009 when we took our "once in a lifetime" trip - and immediately began planning our next one. Can't wait to follow along!

I am so excited for you!!!!

My husband and I were long distance from the very beginning of our relationship for about 4 years. If you need any advice, ask! in December, we will have been together or 10 years! You and Preston seem really made for each other, so I know there's no worries! :) I was loling at the stuffed dog he gave you because when my hubby (then bf) gave me his Falcons jersey to keep, I knew it was serious!! :lmao:

Have a great time and I can't wait for all the updates!!

January 21st, 2013 (Part 1)  The Day of the Fruit Salad

Today I woke up WHENEVER THE HECK I WANTED TO because it was a relaxing day. Tomorrow is check-in for the DCP so we took this day to just hang out and be well rested.

My first twitter thoughts when waking up this morning:
OMG IM IN DISNEY RIGHT NOW.

You better believe it.

I woke up around 9-9:15 am, got ready, and then Mom and I headed to El Centro.

I CANT GET OVER THIS VIEW.

img7329re.jpg

img7306k.jpg

img7314v.jpg

I posted on twitter:
I FORGOT HOW RIDICULOUSLY GORGEOUS THIS RESORT WAS

img7330s.jpg

img7331zo.jpg

img7332k.jpg

We got to El Centro and met up with Mark and his Mom. Marks Mom is going home today because she has to go back to work tomorrow.

Mom and I had to take care of some complications at the front desk.

Long story short, we booked tonight with DVC points and paid the rest of the nights out of pocket. When you use points you have to stay in specific rooms, so my Mom had to make a room switch. Thankfully we were in the same building and exactly TWO FLOORS below our old room. Same ending digits and everything!

They would text us when our room was ready!

When Mark and his Mom were waiting for us, Mark discovered a hidden mickey in the lighting! You cant really see it in person, but when you take a picture its very obvious!

img7344up.jpg

Mark and his Mom brought their luggage over to bell services so they could hold it. Then we went to Pepper Market for lunch!

img7335x.jpg

I LOVE this quick service. I just feel like there are so many options and the theming is so bright!

I ordered a turkey sandwich on a croissant for my lunch. It was SO FRESH. It's amazing how many healthy Disney food options you can find across property!

img7340y.jpg

My Mom, Marks Mom, and Mark all got a bowl of clam chowder. It was the soup of the day!

img7338zk.jpg

Mark got a fresh fruit SAAALAD.

img7341tc.jpg

He also got a Ham and Cheese croissant!

img7342g.jpg

After that Mom went back to the room to pack up. Mark, his Mom, and I went to go get their bags. Then we met up with Mom and went to our new room!

Once we moved down we realized we FORGOT THE FRUIT SALAD IN THE FRIDGE!!!! (my Mom brought it from home as a little snack.) So I had to RUN up there to get it!

All we could think about was if new guests checked in and they discovered the ol fruit salad in their fridge. They would just be like WOW DISNEY THINKS OF EVERYTHING!! FREE FRUIT SALAD!!!!

Thank God I saved them from that confusion.

We hung out in the room for a while and the Moms just chatted away. So I posted my update from last night!

Then we decided we wanted to take a walk around Coronado and enjoy the weather! There was a winter weather advisory at home so THANK GOD FOR FLORIDA.

img7434o.jpg

10320621074_a929767c6b_z.jpg

We walked from Casitas to Ranchos to Cabanas on our little journey!

img7363z.jpg

img7366m.jpg

SO EXCITING!!!

img7369p.jpg

I love how Coronado has the lake in the center that really connects everything. Its not a far walk to get to El Centro from anywhere, really! It maybe takes like 5-10 minutes from Ranchos. Plus its just SO BEAUTIFUL. Its so worth walking around anyway.

img7370l.jpg

img7371n.jpg

THE POOL!

img7374yi.jpg

More pictures because I JUST CANT GET ENOUGH.

img7378e.jpg

img7379bo.jpg

img7381f.jpg

IM JUST SO EXCITED!

img7443e.jpg

Continued in Next Post

I just subscribed! Yay for your DCP - I'm so excited for you! I'm sure you're going to have a delightful experience :) I'm looking forward to hearing which resort you wind up at and really just everything!

January 21st, 2013 (Part 2)  THIS RESORT IS BEAUTIFUL.

Coronado is definitely in the running for the most aesthetically pleasing resort.

img7438f.jpg

img7439m.jpg

DCP BESTIES!

img7440hi.jpg

img7441d.jpg

img7442e.jpg

I love this place.

img7392l.jpg

img7395ci.jpg

img7396l.jpg

The flowers here are SO gorgeous, too!

img7444z.jpg

img7445k.jpg

img7446uu.jpg

We circled all the way around and approached El Centro again.

img7447y.jpg

THE FIVE CABALLEROS!

img7418l.jpg

Mom went to Café Rix to get a latte and I remembered THEY HAVE GELATO! So I got strawberry cheesecake, Mark got strawberry, and Mom got vanilla bean.

img7426ch.jpg

img7427s.jpg

img7428v.jpg

We found a little table by the water to sit at. We relaxed, our Moms chatted, and we ate our gelato. It was nice and peaceful for a long time.

Then the blue shirt convention let out and they started taking over!

img7450xk.jpg

We sat there for a LONG time. Our Moms love to talk. Mark played Wheres My Perry and I posted all of my new instagram photos.

Then Mark and I went to PanCHItos!

img7461hf.jpg

LOCKED IN PANCHITOS FOREVER, OH NO!

img7460t.jpg

What a bunch of Goofs.

img7462l.jpg

I asked if they had a pin book in that gift shop. They didnt have a book but they had a PIÑ-ata. AHH I LOVE PIN PUNS!

Between the CM, the PIÑ-ata, and the Concierge desk, I got a REALLY good assortment of pins! I was very pleased! And the funny thing is that they all have the same color schemes!

img7459r.jpg

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP! :-)

img7463z.jpg

We went back to our little table, and around 4 we went back up to the room. Mark said goodbye to his Mom and my Mom drove her to the airport. The Magical Express was going to take her but they only had a bus at 2 pm for her 7 pm flight! No sense wasting Disney time! Thankfully my Mom was kind enough to drive her.

Mark and I stayed behind at the resort. I looked up flight information for Prestons flight! Then Mark and I decided that we wanted to eat at Grand Floridian Café for dinner! However the new reservation system was not working for me.

So we went down to the hammocks and took a seat. I called WDW Dining and made an ADR for 6:50 pm!

img7474f.jpg

Once I got off the phone I decided I wanted to lay down on the hammock. So we both got on. Then I climbed on the hammock first and I FELL OFF RIGHT INTO THE SAND. I am SUCH a frump!!!

So then we had Mark climb on first and I joined him after. Then we laid there and relaxed for a minute&

img7475hc.jpg

img7476vs.jpg

And then THE BUSHES STARTED RUSTLING!!! So we freaked out and fell off of the hammock AGAIN!!! I am convinced it was a killer squirrel!!!!!

Continued in Next Post

January 21st, 2013 (Part 3) - GLORIA THE MOUSEKEEPER

Then we decided to take a little walk over to some different hammocks that would be safer. We made our way to the Cabanas section.

img7481k.jpg

img7482o.jpg

We had been trying to get ahold of our friends from school all day and FINALLY Preston answered our FaceTime call! So we talked to him and our friend Matt.

img7484dv.jpg

My Mom texted us saying that she was back so we said goodbye to everyone. We got back to Casitas and then drove to Grand Floridian Café!

It was Mark's first time ever going to the Grand Floridian! He has actually only been to Disney twice: once when he was 7 and this past May. So a lot of this stuff is going to be new to him!

We checked in at the restaurant and there was barely anyone there! We were seated in the back room and our waitress' name was Debra from Orlando. We told her we were moving here for our DCPs. She said if we ever needed anything just let her know! What a sweetheart.

img7506d.jpg

I was absolutely STARVING. We started off with sourdough and currant multigrain bread. I tried the multigrain one and it was so soft and SO GOOD.

img7496g.jpg

I got the Grand Floridian Burger for my meal. I don't order burgers a lot but like... hello! THIS ONE HAS LOBSTER ON IT. It had such great flavor.

img7502bg.jpg

Mark got the Orecchiette Pasta. He LOVED it and ate the entire portion. He kept saying we should go back so I can get it next time!

img7497cr.jpg

Mom got the sustainable fish of the day. I don't know what kind of fish it was but it was a white fish. She said it was great!

img7501iu.jpg

For dessert I got the fondue! I have been craving it since the last time I got it at Grand Floridian Cafe when I was 13. It was just as good as I expected and remembered! Everything was fresh!

img7503q.jpg

Mom and Mark both got the lemon cheesecake, which they LOVED. We made some awesome choices tonight!

img7504z.jpg

As we left, I posted on twitter:
SOMEDAY I JUST WANT TO BE A REALLY CLASSY ADULT AND STAY AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN

We headed back to the car. We kept talking about how we needed to psych ourselves into thinking it was much later than it was because we have to get up for check-in at 3:30 am tomorrow!

Pretty much our conversation went as follows:

"WE SHOULD JUST TURN ALL OF THE CLOCKS AHEAD A FEW HOURS SO WE THINK IT'S WAY PAST MIDNIGHT. THEN TOMORROW ALL OF THE MOUSEKEEPERS WILL BE CONFUSED. AND THEN OUR MOUSEKEEPER GLORIA WILL THINK IT'S 7 O'CLOCK AND BE LIKE "WOW, THAT WAS A FAST DAY!" AND SHE'LL GO HOME. AND THE OTHER MOUSEKEEPERS WILL TALK TO EACHOTHER AND BE LIKE "I DON'T KNOW WHY GLORIA LEFT. SHE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT IT BEING 7 O'CLOCK ALREADY AND SHE WAS JUST ENJOYING HER FRUIT SALAD AND LEFT US HERE!!!"

I told you this would get frumpy.

So we got back to the room and watched Stacey. Then we watched Duffy's bedtime stories, which were supposed to make us tired, but they definitely woke us up! They played the one that was the actual story of Duffy and it was SO CUTE.

Then Preston called and we decided on his flights so I could give him the information!! He's going to book them soon I think! Seriously, you guys don't know how relieved I am going to be when we finally get his trip situated!!!

So then I typed up my trip report entry for tonight. Then safari froze and I lost the update. So I retyped THE WHOLE THING. And I have to get up at 3:30 am tomorrow morning so byeeeeeeeee! :-)

Good night to one and all. Pray that check-in goes smoothly! This time tomorrow I will be moved into my DCP APARTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continued in Next Post

How do you have the attention to post 3 updates...and you're getting up in 3 hours for your check-in? True Disney commando!

Can't wait to hear where you'll be working. I hope tomorrow is more magical than you could possibly imagine!

Oh...and I was attacked by a killer bird in Disney (just like your squirrel) so have no shame...I would have fallen out of the hammock too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter