Disney Christmas Village

Wow!!! That is amazing! Now mine on the shelves of a bookcase don't look so good :( . lol Beautiful! I love it!

Wow Ed I love your display!!! When you post the pics of the individual pieces if it's not too much trouble can you also let us know what collection it comes from such as Dept 56, disney park exclusive, disneyshopping/catalog etc. that would really help to know for those of us who are looking for them on ebay etc.

Many thanks for all the kind words.

I will post individual pics but I will have better ones after I break it all down in Jan. The first ones I post will be the actual Disney Village collection. Some of them are from WDW and some are from DL. As you can see, I am not all that particular as far as keeping the integrity of a particular set. I am just trying to capture a look-and-feel of the parks in order to add the Disney magic to our holidays.

I even have some hand made pieces such as the TWA rocket which is an old Glencoe kit and Space Mountain which I built myself out of plastic sheet. Next up for homemade pieces will be Small World and Matterhorn (Probably get done in the next 25 years or so; been talking about them for years already and my girls don't believe me anymore). The Matterhorn will be a half piece like Space Mountain to go up against the post and a 3D flat version of the facade of Small World for another side of the post.

I saw a flat fireworks display several years ago with some set (Dept 56?) that I didn't get and am kicking myself now.

Ed

Ed, that's fantastic! I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures of the individual Disney Village pieces. :)

That is just wonderful. You have given me inspiration to do this. Where did you get the boats - they are just beautiful.

Linda

Finally! Here are some pics of the individual pieces. This first batch is from the Disney Village collection. Some are from WDW and some from DL.

First up, the train station from WDW:

WDWTrainStation.jpg

WDWTrainStationBack.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

These all have characters associated with them. The train station has Mickey standing in the back.

edhi ~ a guest was in our shop yesterday asking about the Haunted Mansion from the Disney Village set (which we are still out of) and I told him about your set up. Great work!

:thumbsup2

Here is the Emporium. The character on this piece is Minnie carrying a load of packages.

Emporium.jpg

Emporium2.jpg

That is just wonderful. You have given me inspiration to do this. Where did you get the boats - they are just beautiful.

Linda

The river boat actually came from Lowes. It has fairly low quality standards but is a good stand-in for the Disney boats. It is actually named the River Belle.

The Captain Hook ship is a Disney piece but not in the Village collection.

edhi ~ a guest was in our shop yesterday asking about the Haunted Mansion from the Disney Village set (which we are still out of) and I told him about your set up. Great work!

:thumbsup2

Many thanks!

Yep, I was told they wouldn't get any more in until January. I'll be at the World in April and hope I can get one then.

Here is Casey's Corner which has Goofy as a character pushing a hot dog cart.

CaseysCorner.jpg

CaseysCorner2.jpg

Finally, the last of my Disney Village pieces (with the exception of the DL Castle - I swap out every other year). The WDW Castle with the character of Tink floating on a wire. The Mickey and Minnie in front is from the Dept. 56 set. The Friends statue is an ornament on a modified fountain piece from somewhere.

WDWCastle.jpg

CastleBack.jpg

Friends.jpg

I just love the way you do this. You have given me inspiration to set up something like this - on a much smaller scale, until I am able to get more pieces. I just saw the Partners Statue at WOD in NYC - should have bought it - I could use it for this. We are heading back to the city this Sunday so if I get a chance I will pick it up.

Linda

Many thanks! I try to find anything I can to add a 'look and feel' of Disney to my setup. I suppose purists would be appalled but the Disney Village and Dept. 56 pieces are only the starting point for me. Now, if Disney will build me a real river boat, a real space mountain, etc., I can let those non-Disney pieces go.

Ed

I have a complete Walt Disney World (Main Street) Village that I purchased around 1986. Each piece is ceramic and all pieces light up. It starts in the front with the Disney Railroad and ends at the other end of town at Cinderellas Castle. It has every store/building replicated that was on Main Street at the time. In addition it has about 6-8 figurines to stand in the street and it has a Christmas Tree to place at Christmas. It has a roll out plastic sheet to go under it with the street outlined on it and curved at the corners as the buildings do. It had a train to go around the whole village, but I am not sure if I still have that. The original cost of the whole set was between $400-500 in 1986. Does anyone have any idea what it is worth or does anyone have a set? It is all in MINT condition.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter