Disney 3x4 and 4X6 journaling cards *accepting requests*

Hi PixieSprite.
I'll post all of your requests here instead of creating a new post so please chack pack to this post occasionally. I'm having so much fun with these Neverland Pirates cards. I'm really bummed I won't be using them. I made a really girly version and a more boyish version. Special thanks to DISigner Dee Hill for the border on the girly card! If any changes are needed please just let me know!

Jake & the neverland pirates... Jake, izzy, Peter Pan, the ship - Bucky, the pirate princess (that's her name), marina the mermaid, hook & smee

Mickey Mouse clubhouse.... All the usual gang are in it including daisy.

Handy manny... The guy himself plus all his tools are characters too (that sentence sounds so wrong!)

Tigger & pooh... Darby is the girl in this, DD loves her & her dog buster.

If you could make one with izzy, pirate princess & marina all on the same card then that would be the ultimate card ever for DD :)

Thanks!!!!

I just thought I'd mention here that for Project Life some people use folded cards. You could print your 3x4 design on the left side of a 4x6 card. You would then fold the card in half and be able to write on the inside of the card as well as the front and back. If you think there is something you might want to write a lot about this is an option rather than taking up multiple slots with 3x4 cards. Of course you will have to pull out your card to read it but that makes it kind of interactive. People also use the folded cards if there is something private they want to include in their album. By using the folded card someone just flipping through your album won't see this journaling if they don't actually pull out and open the card.

We probably won't be taking video at Disney but here is another idea if you will be. You can film your kids at Disney and then assign the video a QR code and put the code in your book. Here is a link to a site that explains it better. http://tracireed.com/news/2013/01/add-video-project-life/ Totally not my idea but I thought it was a really good one!

Any other unique ideas for your album please share them in this thread!

Thank you Iloveeliot, I am loving the Neverland Pirate cards, thank you for all your hard work!!! DD will be absolutely thrilled with the Izzy, Pirate Princess & Marina cards :cheer2:

WelovMickey! Here are the first few cards for New Fantasyland, I should have some more for you over the weekend :)

*********** please see my new thread for cards :upsidedow ***********

Also... if anyone is using Magical Express then you might like this...

Last edited:

Thank you both so much for the bday and downtown disney cards. They are perfect. Appreciate all your hard work. :goodvibes

Then I saw this thread and I am so excited to try a project life approach to scrapbooking! It seems to be a great hybrid.

I love the journal cards you have all been making! They are so cute! What programs are you using? And how do you set them up to print?

Welcome to our thread momto3gr8boys, delighted you like our cards! If you have any particular requests feel free to ask! I'm a photoshop girl myself, have been using it for years and still figuring it out :lmao: I'm not printing the cards, I nest them in among my digi layouts, I will be printing some of Iloveeliot's cards for my kids to draw on, I'll look for some nice card stock for them & just print them from photoshop, I'll pile a load of them on each page to make it quicker!

I got an idea. How abotut one with a Disney name tag? I have heard that the Imagineers have a different one than other Cast Members.

Interesting idea WelovMickey! I shall do a bit of research and see if I can find anything to work with for that :) I'm not promising anything but I'll see what I can find!

Thank you both so much for the bday and downtown disney cards. They are perfect. Appreciate all your hard work. :goodvibes

You're very welcome asims!! If you need anything else you know where to find us :thumbsup2

I have no idea how to include multiple quotes here so hopefully everyone finds the message meant for them

Momto3gr8boys: I use Photoshop Elements 9. There is a more recent version which I would like to get eventually. The program PixieSprite uses is a more powerful program but if you are thinking of getting a program, Elements is MUCH cheaper and a great place to start. I think the price difference between programs is about $900! I would love to get regular Photoshop but there is no way we could afford it and Elements is working pretty well for me. I'm learning so much creating these cards that I previously didn't know. I only wish I knew what I don't know about the program that could be making my life easier. I just learned about the background eraser and what a difference. I will probably use elements to put multiple cards on an 8 1/2"x11" piece of cardstock and cut it with a paper trimmer. My printer quit on me a couple of weeks ago. I have to buy a new one but depending on how much effort it will take with the new printer I end up buying, I may buy a box of 3x4 cards and print directly on them so I don't have to cut anything out. Mostly likely I'll go the paper route though. If you don't have a Photoshop type program I am sure you could do something similar in Word. I'm probably not the best person to tell you how though. If you knew how little I know about computers you would be amazed that I made these cards, or even know how to turn the thing on for that matter!

Welovmickey: The name tag idea is a very good one. I wasn't aware that the imagineers had different name tags but as part of the meet the imagineer experience you do get your own personalized Disney name tag. I must admit, I am a bit more excited about that name tag than any grown adult ought to be! lol I'm so glad you are joining us here!

asims: No problem I am happy to make them! Please let us know if you have any other requests. I have also just made a couple of filler cards. If you want any special filler cards with a specific character, name, or quote, I'd be happy to try making something.

Pixiesprite: I just finished making a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse card for your request. I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not in love with the lined card but I did make it as an option. I will post it as soon as Photobucket is up again. Right now they are doing maintenance. I'll probably work on the Pooh card next. I'm getting another idea for an imagineer card but it is still in the beginning stages in my head. No idea if I'll find what I need to make it work. Regardless, I truly love the imagineer cards you made and will be using them for sure! I plan to write a lot about it. I also am thinking of printing 3 or 4 of our imagineer images on both sides of a 4x6 card and folding it in half since I will want to write a lot. that way I don't have to choose just one design and I can write till my heart's content. I don't want you to keep spending time on it though. I so appreciate all of your time and hard work! I love EVERYTHING you have created and I'm learning so much from your style how to improve my cards!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!! Oh, I almost forgot, the Fantasyland cards are PERFECT and I was going to make a Magical Express card but you already made just what I had in my head! Super!

Ah thanks Iloveeliot! Can't wait to see your Mickey Mouse Clubhouse card! DD caught a glimpse of the Neverland Pirates cards you made for her today, I had left the page open on my computer (silly mammy!!) So I showed her all of them, she LOVES them, she is just astonished that all three of the girls are on the same card!! She wants them printed out first thing tomorrow so she can stick them on her wall , so thanks again:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Now..... look who I forgot to post earlier with the other New Fantasyland cards... the main man himself, he would be very unimpressed! Just one version of this... it doesn't work well without the lines.

Should be some more New Fantasyland at the weekend, some Storybook Circusy ones I think :)

Last edited:
Welcome to our thread momto3gr8boys, delighted you like our cards! If you have any particular requests feel free to ask! I'm a photoshop girl myself, have been using it for years and still figuring it out :lmao: I'm not printing the cards, I nest them in among my digi layouts, I will be printing some of Iloveeliot's cards for my kids to draw on, I'll look for some nice card stock for them & just print them from photoshop, I'll pile a load of them on each page to make it quicker!

I have no idea how to include multiple quotes here so hopefully everyone finds the message meant for them

Momto3gr8boys: I use Photoshop Elements 9. There is a more recent version which I would like to get eventually. The program PixieSprite uses is a more powerful program but if you are thinking of getting a program, Elements is MUCH cheaper and a great place to start. I think the price difference between programs is about $900! I would love to get regular Photoshop but there is no way we could afford it and Elements is working pretty well for me. I'm learning so much creating these cards that I previously didn't know. I only wish I knew what I don't know about the program that could be making my life easier. I just learned about the background eraser and what a difference. I will probably use elements to put multiple cards on an 8 1/2"x11" piece of cardstock and cut it with a paper trimmer. My printer quit on me a couple of weeks ago. I have to buy a new one but depending on how much effort it will take with the new printer I end up buying, I may buy a box of 3x4 cards and print directly on them so I don't have to cut anything out. Mostly likely I'll go the paper route though. If you don't have a Photoshop type program I am sure you could do something similar in Word. I'm probably not the best person to tell you how though. If you knew how little I know about computers you would be amazed that I made these cards, or even know how to turn the thing on for that matter!

!

Thank you both for the help! I used to have a version of photoshop elements on my desktop and about all I managed with that was to color flowers on a black and white picture lol. But I have been debating getting a program...maybe this will do it for me!

I did play around a bit in pages (I have a Mac) and I was able to create a 3x4 journal card with either a color background or no fill and drop an image onto it, but they are very simple. I can't wait to start making an album! I ordered pictures from a trip to Rome and Paris from a few years ago and plan to start with those. It's terrible how many pictures I have sitting on my computer that haven't been printed out!

And as far at multi-quoting - that I can help you with! If you are on a computer version, look in the bottom right hand corner of the post. You will see three buttons (the first is quote, the second has " and the third is quick reply). Click the middle button of the post you want to reply to and it will highlight red. Continue through the thread clicking that button on all the posts you want to reply to. When you are ready to make your reply, click on post reply on the bottom left hand corner and all the quotes will come up on one post. If you are on an ipad, click the blue check mark on the post, then on the far left side there will be a box. Check that box, then hit the reply and it will do the same thing. Same method for an iphone. HTH!

I spent a full day creating these and I am thrilled with the way they turned out. I would be more than happy to personalize these with your children's names on them. I spent so much time on them I'm hoping that more than one person can use them. I made one with the boy characters and made another with the girl characters and I replaced Jake with a female character on the logo for the girls. They were created as 3x4 300 dpi and will probably not look too good any bigger.

Can I get these personalized for my kids?? They are awesome, and they both LOVE this show/these characters! I would love the Izzy one with the name "Emily" and the Jake one with the name "Talia" (yes, my 2.5 yr old girl is obsessed with Jake, dressed as him for Halloween, etc...!!). Not sure where I will use them yet, but will find a use for them in our trip preparations I'm sure!
Thank you so much!! :)

Can I get these personalized for my kids?? They are awesome, and they both LOVE this show/these characters! I would love the Izzy one with the name "Emily" and the Jake one with the name "Talia" (yes, my 2.5 yr old girl is obsessed with Jake, dressed as him for Halloween, etc...!!). Not sure where I will use them yet, but will find a use for them in our trip preparations I'm sure!
Thank you so much!! :)

I would be happy to personalize these for your kids. I should get to it tomorrow. I thought it would be a cute gift for kids if you got one of those hard plastic baseball card holders and put the card in that. I thought that way they would seem fancier than just a piece of paper and they would be pretty indestructable. If you have any other requests please just let me know!

I just posted new links to the Star Wars cards as I moved them in Photobucket and messed up the links. They should all be working now.

PixieSprite, I posted the Pooh card you asked for and the Mickey's Clubhouse cards in the post with the Neverland Pirates stuff. Please let me know if you see any image quality problems or anythng you would like changed. I prefer both cards without the lines but gave you ones with lines just in case.

Thank you so much!! Can't wait to see them, and surprise my girls with them :)
The one thing I've been looking for, but not sure if you can do or not, is some sort of birthday letter/card for my dad as he'll be with us at WDW on his birthday. Just something that says something like "happy birthday papa, hope you have a magical day" signed by Mickey and the gang, or any characters.... to leave for him when he wakes up that morning. If you can do something like that, great, if not don't worry I'll keep looking!!

amydeich said:
Thank you so much!! Can't wait to see them, and surprise my girls with them :)
The one thing I've been looking for, but not sure if you can do or not, is some sort of birthday letter/card for my dad as he'll be with us at WDW on his birthday. Just something that says something like "happy birthday papa, hope you have a magical day" signed by Mickey and the gang, or any characters.... to leave for him when he wakes up that morning. If you can do something like that, great, if not don't worry I'll keep looking!!

I know there are several DISigners that make these and they are beautiful. I would be happy to take a stab at it but I have NO experience with these. Tomorrow I will try to find the threads of the DISigners that typically work on letters and I'll send you the links. After looking at what they have you can let me know if you want me to try making one or if you'd like to have one of them personalize a letter for your dad. I'm sure he will love it! Pixiesprite does have several awesome birthday journaling cards you might like to check out if you haven't already. I can't link you up because I'm on my phone but you should easily find them in the other thread. Watch for the Neverland Pirate cards tomorrow!

LOL, I have 2 kiddos... A 6 yr old DD and a 2 yr old DS :) poor DS had a stomach bug last week (caught it from his big sis, who caught it from school the previous week!) so he has been nursing like a newborn!!!! In order to keep me sane we nursed at the computer so i could design cards for our holidays & then iloveeliot started this thread at the perfect time!! He's much better now so I'll be slowing down on the card design as we actually get to leave the house and go out playing again, hurrah!!!

I don't do project life, too time consuming for me but I digiscrap & use the cards in my layouts tucked here and there smongst the photos. Keeping it all digi is the only way I'd get anything done :) although I think I will print some cards for disney to do some journaling while we're there!

Oh the stomach bug has been flying around! Well glad your DS is feeling better! Yes outside is good :) Can't wait for it to warm up for us to be out more.... spring is just around the corner so there is hope :thumbsup2

Nope, I don't have kids yet. We want children very badly and are having difficulties. :( I also don't have a job right now but I am looking so I have too much free time on my hands. I did project life for a couple of months and really enjoyed it but I didn't keep up with it. I was looking back at my old pages and loving them so I am thinking of going back to it. I do want to simplify because it was taking me forever to do it and was starting to feel like a chore. It is also hard since we don't have kids and I'm not working, there really isn't much exciting stuff to document about my life. Are you doing Project Life? Have you got kids tiggergalttfn? I can't wait to see your other cards. The ones you have posted so far are beautiful. I don't have my name in my signature because I'm not good with that stuff. I could barely handle figuring out how to post my cards! lol and I'd love to update my ticker but every time I try it says I am using censored words. :confused3 Anyway my name is Roni. I don't know if you have a Michaels, Hobby Lobby, or A.C. Moore near you but I believe they all carry the protectors that can fit 4x6 or 3x4. You could also get them on-line. It is easier to find the We-R-Memory Keepers ones on line than the Becky Higgins PL. I'll be looking for your cards! Oh, feel free to PM any time! Take care!

Hi Roni - sorry to hear about your difficulties... I understand as I had problems with DS and it took us 2 years to get him. (PM if you want we can discuss more). I do have 2 kiddos now DS is 6 and in kindergarten and DD is 4 and in preschool. They do bring me a lot of joy and keep me very busy ::yes:: I do also work full time midnights so that is why I don't have much free time to work on these or anything else but I do enjoy it.

I have Michael's and Hobby Lobby and they have We R Memory Keepers and they have smaller pockets that are 4 x 4 but none that are specific 3x4 and I may order some online that have those to add into the mix, however, right now working with what I have as I got most of them with coupons so I think the cheaper prices ;)

Feel free to PM me any time as well!

Pixiesprite and Roni - Well I don't do PL in like the sense that a lot of people are doing it weekly but I have started to incorporate more of the pocket protector pages to do faster layouts. I am so excited to use these journal cards for our trip in Dec as I am going to have the kiddos write on them and will be great keepsakes.

Just love your creative juices!! :lovestruc The cards are all beautiful!

We probably won't be taking video at Disney but here is another idea if you will be. You can film your kids at Disney and then assign the video a QR code and put the code in your book. Here is a link to a site that explains it better. http://tracireed.com/news/2013/01/add-video-project-life/ Totally not my idea but I thought it was a really good one!

Any other unique ideas for your album please share them in this thread!

Oh that is awesome! I love that idea!!!

Hi There ILoveEliot,
I was hoping that you could personalize your wonderful Jake cards for my two boys. Your cards are so adorable!!!! My boys names are Nathan and Connor, could I please have individual cards with each name on it please? No rush at all, our trip isn’t until next year :0)

Thank you!!
Twins7110

Hello I was wondering if you would be able to help me with the journaling cards please?

Can you do something similar with this one but says 'Cafe Mickey' instead of Chef's Mickey as we will be going to Cafe Mickey at Disneyland Paris and I would like to use the card for my son's to write his experience dining there with his own words.

http://s1279.beta.photobucket.com/u..._chef_mickeys_characters_zps78ea7dfd.jpg.html

Also would you be able to do separate general journaling cards with Lilo & Stitch, Monsters Inc and Toy Story characters please?

Thank you so much for your help! :goodvibes

Hi inda2681, I can do the Cafe Mickey one for you... I'll use the Chef Mickey one as a base but tweak it to mirror the Cafe Mickey colours & design :) It'll probably be Sunday before I have it ready for you. Hope that's ok!

Iloveeliot... you are the Queen of character journal cards... do you already have any of Lilo & Stitch, Monsters Inc and Toy Story in the works? If not I can do a few, let me know :thumbsup2

Anymore DLP-specific cards you need inda2681... just ask! Actually I have one in mind that I might make anyway, stay tuned!

Hello I was wondering if you would be able to help me with the journaling cards please?

Can you do something similar with this one but says 'Cafe Mickey' instead of Chef's Mickey as we will be going to Cafe Mickey at Disneyland Paris and I would like to use the card for my son's to write his experience dining there with his own words.

http://s1279.beta.photobucket.com/u..._chef_mickeys_characters_zps78ea7dfd.jpg.html

Also would you be able to do separate general journaling cards with Lilo & Stitch, Monsters Inc and Toy Story characters please?

Thank you so much for your help! :goodvibes

pixiesprite said:
Hi inda2681, I can do the Cafe Mickey one for you... I'll use the Chef Mickey one as a base but tweak it to mirror the Cafe Mickey colours & design :) It'll probably be Sunday before I have it ready for you. Hope that's ok!

Iloveeliot... you are the Queen of character journal cards... do you already have any of Lilo & Stitch, Monsters Inc and Toy Story in the works? If not I can do a few, let me know :thumbsup2

Anymore DLP-specific cards you need inda2681... just ask! Actually I have one in mind that I might make anyway, stay tuned!

Thank you so much pixiesprite! Yes sunday is absolutely fine just take your time. We are going in 4 weeks :) Will definitely keep my eyes on your new creations!
Thank you again :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter