DISmoms Round TWO! Don't Axe, Don't Tell!! 4/30-5/4/10 updates 9/17

Awww....thanks!! And you can borrow my big boys for thrill rides, smelly feet and back-talk anytime too!! :rotfl: Really- I do miss having a little one at WDW, but, then again....there's alot to be said for having older ones, too. I guess it's all good! :goodvibes

Great update! Keep em' coming. :thumbsup2

You gals sure do know how to have a great time!

I saw a pic of Mr. Pumpkin head on another TR. I wonder if he knows that he's famous? :lmao:

Ahh the Dole Whip. FYI- all the better when you've smuggled a nip of rum in your purse. Just a suggestion... :rolleyes1

I do love me Stormalong Bay but I do believe Mars bars would stop me in my tracks. ;)

Can't wait for more!! popcorn::

Ellen, it looks like you and Kara had a wonderful time at the MK! You are right about POC - it's the best place in MK to go when it's hot. It's nice and cool in there!

Floaters? wow. Sure it wasn't a Baby Ruth?

I saw a pic of Mr. Pumpkin head on another TR. I wonder if he knows that he's famous? :lmao:

Ahh the Dole Whip. FYI- all the better when you've smuggled a nip of rum in your purse. Just a suggestion... :rolleyes1

I do love me Stormalong Bay but I do believe Mars bars would stop me in my tracks. ;)

:rotfl2: I was just thinking I know I saw Mr. pumpkin on another TR too! I think it was Wigd's?! Glad to know I am not hallucinating!!
Ellen what are your dates before your cruise?
Yeesh with the pool closings! I just came over from ME's TR and she was talking about a bio break closing :scared:
Have fun with your meet with her this weekend!! :hug:

Kara....good luck with your move and hope all goes smoothly!! :goodvibes

Tracy

Up next- what IS really floating in Stormalong Bay and why are Kara and I laughing at HER???

You gave a sex to the floaters?! ;):rotfl:

Good luck with the move Kara.

Ellen on the drive today I was telling my MIL about the jalapeno margarita and she can't wait to try it. Mr. pumpkin head :eek: I'm hoping he was there for a MNSSHP party audition. :thumbsup2

Great update! Keep em' coming. :thumbsup2

I will....hopefully one of the other DISmoms will have something to say soon too....:rolleyes1...although Kara is off duty for a bit with the move!!:hug:

That's so funny about Pumpkin Head!! I actually think I may have seen him somewhere else, too!! I'm thinkin' he has to WANT to be famous wearin his ensemble....or maybe he's just a whole LOTTA Man! :rotfl:

REALLY want to do the rum nip- that would be one AWESOME frozen concoction!! :woohoo: Who doesn't love Meyer's rum & Pineapple??? :cool1: THANKS!!!! AWESOME suggestion!!! I can feel my purse gettin heavier already ( or maybe DH's pockets)....:rolleyes1

Ellen, it looks like you and Kara had a wonderful time at the MK! You are right about POC - it's the best place in MK to go when it's hot. It's nice and cool in there!

Floaters? wow. Sure it wasn't a Baby Ruth?

You ROCK ALan!!! Baby Ruth is sooo what I meant!! Score 2 points for YOU!! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2: I was just thinking I know I saw Mr. pumpkin on another TR too! I think it was Wigd's?! Glad to know I am not hallucinating!!
Ellen what are your dates before your cruise?
Yeesh with the pool closings! I just came over from ME's TR and she was talking about a bio break closing :scared:
Have fun with your meet with her this weekend!! :hug:

Kara....good luck with your move and hope all goes smoothly!! :goodvibes

Tracy

Hey Tracy! I actually think I saw the pumpkin man somewhere else, too- I'm going to make sure I visit Wigdouts TR soon - cuz ya can't have enough Pumpkin man moments, can ya? ! :rotfl:

We are arriving 10/28 for the cruise- flying out in the afternoon so the kids will get credit for the day- we arrive at maybe 5:30 I'm guessing? Staying at BCV- :woohoo: that night we'll hit the MNSSHP for fun. Friday, we'll do 3 parks in 1 day commando I'm sure- with me taking time off for F&W. Having dinner at Chefs- haven't been there since one of my very first trips with Pods, back in the 80's!!! But really want to go so Tyler can order for all of us in French, he gets crepes, one of his favorite things for dessert, as a reward- ooh la LA! :goodvibes On Saturday before the cruise, we'll be hangin by the pool- my kids haven't been to Stormalong Bay since the days when we had to keep track of them, I think they might like having the ability to run as they want. That Stormalong Bay is a WHOLE..LOTTA FUN! :woohoo:
And wish you would be coming Friday TOO!!:goodvibes

Pumpkin Man was hilarious with his whole ensemble, but the mismatched socks and shoes. He's not looking for any attention whatsoever. Or he dresses in the dark. :rotfl2:

And you're freaking me out about floaters in the pool that aren't inflatables. :eek:

Thanks everyone for your welcomes and declarations of official "DISMomdom"....I'm honored...seriously! :)

Now where are we on this TR anyway? Ellen? Kara? Cammie? Anyone? :confused3 I'm a bit bleary-eyed after surviving my daughter's birthday party yesterday with eighteen 13 year old boys and girls and nine of those girls sleeping over. :eek: My goodness, don't kids ever sleep these days?!?!?! Sounding a bit like MY parents even to my ears.....I was about to comment on their music! :rotfl2:

That's funny! My oldest DS would ask me to turn down MY music when he was little! Then my youngest DS stole all my classic CDs! :rotfl2:

Hey Tammie! Yes, we plan to go to Hawaii with Ty&Tim in 2012- we wanted to go in 2011, but I don't know if Aulani will be open yet for August. Our actual 25th is in 2011. We're thinking we'll go to Oahu and Maui. On our honeymoon we did the Big Island and Maui. Congrats on winning the Arbonne cruise!! :cheer2: That's incredible!! I love their stuff- I wish i could have made it work as a business!

And I need to bring those override instructions to Jambo in September!! I'm pretty sure I'll need them!!

Thanks, Ellen! Sounds like a great Hawaii trip!

I LOVE COUSIN EDDIE!!!! Cause we all have a cousin Eddie somewhere in our family.....:rolleyes1

I may be MIA for a couple of days - movers come tomorrow to pack for two days and load us up on Friday. Don't know what my online status will be during this time.

Wish me luck!!!!

Good luck - can't wait to hear all about your new home!

I was having the BEST time dancing with them!! Well, except for the part where my camera was smackin me everytime I jumped around, but...whateva...

2010_0504dismoms20100031.jpg

Okay, It's late and I really am blonde, so I'll tell you what I thought when I saw this pic - "Hey! That looks like Pam! I wonder if Ellen knew she was there at the same time?" Duh! :rotfl2: Oh, and she has a cute Vera bag BTW! Love the parade - I seem to "accidentally" get done with my shopping just in time to get caught on the first corner - "Darn, we're stuck now, we'll just have to stay here and catch the parade - sorry honey!";)

After we were good and sweaty, we decided to head for BTMR. But look!! Mr. Pumpkin was waiting to say hello!!

2010_0504dismoms20100027.jpg

What the heck is WRONG with this guy???????? That has got to be the worst outfit I have ever seen!..... Right down to the mismatched socks. :scared1: He needs a serious fashion intervention! Leave it to you to meet up with him twice!!!!!....

Wait....was this guy in Wigd's TR and NOT yours. That must mean he lives at Disney? Ewwwwhhhhhhhh!

Great update :)

Loving your pics of MK and Mr Pumpkin Head :laughing: bless him.

What the heck is WRONG with this guy???????? That has got to be the worst outfit I have ever seen!..... Right down to the mismatched socks. :scared1: He needs a serious fashion intervention! Leave it to you to meet up with him twice!!!!!....

Wait....was this guy in Wigd's TR and NOT yours. That must mean he lives at Disney? Ewwwwhhhhhhhh!

Worst outfit ever? Hmmmm, Ellen can you pull out the pic of the couple at AK last year? Not sure which is worse!

Anyway, we found a great spot at the top of Main Street, and the moving and shaking began!!

2010_0504dismoms20100021-1.jpg

2010_0504dismoms20100025.jpg

2010_0504dismoms20100028.jpg

I was having the BEST time dancing with them!! Well, except for the part where my camera was smackin me everytime I jumped around, but...whateva...

2010_0504dismoms20100030.jpg

2010_0504dismoms20100031.jpg

We were MOVING! We were SHAKING! We were CELEBRATIN!!!! A bunch of dancing fools were we!

Captain Jack was about to instruct his newest pirate recruits-

2010_0504dismoms20100035.jpg

2010_0504dismoms20100037.jpg

Oh, be still my heart..... I just love that man!!! All dirty, sweaty, piraty...... I love me some Capt Jack!

Followed by a little Philharmagic-

2010_0504dismoms20100043.jpg

I'm thinking this might be my new look... whatcha think?

And maybe we went on Buzz? Before we did BTMRR, and scored Pam & Joan's first ever (and my second ever) Dole Whip. YUMMMMMMM..... and ahhhh....nice and cold. :thumbsup2 We wiggled our way back through Caseys & the shops, and headed for the bus to BCV- it was DEFINITELY a great day for the POOL! So back to the villa to change into our suits-

No, not Buzz this time - that comes later.... silly girl! What was in your lillikoi juice????

2010_0504dismoms20100045.jpg

2010_0504dismoms20100046.jpg

2010_0504dismoms20100047.jpg

Just Kara & I wanted to go for a swim- figuring we'd join Cammie & Lonnie, EXCEPT...they had HAD it with Stormalong Bay by then- I think the pool had been closed a few times while they were there due to unidentified floating objects...:scared1: and although they made FINE use of the down time by taking full advantage of the offerings at Hurricane Hannah's, they wanted to try something else (I think they headed to the BCV quiet pool). But Kara and I? We weren't gonna let a couple of Mars bars wanna-be floaters discourage us- the pool slide was closing after today for refurb, and we wanted to go for a RIDE! :woohoo:

Up next- what IS really floating in Stormalong Bay and why are Kara and I laughing at HER???

Can't remember if I posted this or not.... I'm a bit foggy these days...

Here are the shiny happy people heading to Poly for breakfast at Kona. Notice who is not there??? Sleepy head!!!!

ImportedPhotos00041.jpg

Again, movin, shakin and celebratin..... with a duck with no pants.....

ImportedPhotos00046.jpg

King Louie looks like he shared some of Ellen's lillikoi juice! Or was he just in awe of ITSK??? Hmmm????

ImportedPhotos00049.jpg

Hey! Ellen and I weren't the only ones sportin some stylish glasses!

ImportedPhotos00052.jpg

I'm kinda here still. Movers packing yesterday and today, but I still have my internet connection til Tuesday!!! So don't be talkin trash until you KNOW I can't respond! :rotfl2:

Awww....thanks!! And you can borrow my big boys for thrill rides, smelly feet and back-talk anytime too!! :rotfl: Really- I do miss having a little one at WDW, but, then again....there's alot to be said for having older ones, too. I guess it's all good! :goodvibes

thanks! :goodvibes although, you might get some back-talk with jake as well. he started early... and is definitely a boy. he can sure get grumpy!!

Worst outfit ever? Hmmmm, Ellen can you pull out the pic of the couple at AK last year? Not sure which is worse!

I'm kinda here still. Movers packing yesterday and today, but I still have my internet connection til Tuesday!!! So don't be talkin trash until you KNOW I can't respond! :rotfl2:

Ohhh I would love to see that one.

Best of luck with your move. Packing is never fun. :headache:

Ohhh I would love to see that one.

Best of luck with your move. Packing is never fun. :headache:

The things I do for all of you.....

AKcrazy.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think I spent about 2 hours this morning looking for Pumpkin Head in Wigd's TR- still have a few million more posts to go though! :rotfl:

Ellen I know you will get a laugh from this one:

So today I had lunch with my DH who is a photographer. We have been trying to get into a local bridal show for two years and a spot opened up for us. :banana:

The only problem. The show is the day after our vacation, July 31, and we were planning on driving the 20 hours to Orlando. So I did as anygood DISer would do and got on the phone with member services to move the vacation up a week. As you can imagine the only places available were OKW and SSR and while we love both we wanted to try something new this time.

So we talked about flying DH back home early to prep and set up for the show. And here is what he says,

"Nothings available at WDW.... Good now we can just go to HHI" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I calmly explained to him that there was no way on God's green earth we were getting a room at Hilton Head now.

Ellen I know you will get a laugh from this one:

So today I had lunch with my DH who is a photographer. We have been trying to get into a local bridal show for two years and a spot opened up for us. :banana:

The only problem. The show is the day after our vacation, July 31, and we were planning on driving the 20 hours to Orlando. So I did as anygood DISer would do and got on the phone with member services to move the vacation up a week. As you can imagine the only places available were OKW and SSR and while we love both we wanted to try something new this time.

So we talked about flying DH back home early to prep and set up for the show. And here is what he says,

"Nothings available at WDW.... Good now we can just go to HHI" :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I calmly explained to him that there was no way on God's green earth we were getting a room at Hilton Head now.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Well, you know- that's exactly what I did (and said!) for August!! Except my vacation moved from Pigeon Forge, Tenn to HHI- I got a 1 bdrm on the cash discount. I started out saying we would rent out 80 points to pay for some of it....then I thought maybe half of that...then- NO WAY!!! I'm not renting out any of my POINTS!! I need those suckers for Dismom trips and Hawaii in 2012!! :rotfl:

Congrats on getting the bridal show! So what did you decide to do?

Pumpkin Man was hilarious with his whole ensemble, but the mismatched socks and shoes. He's not looking for any attention whatsoever. Or he dresses in the dark. :rotfl2:

And you're freaking me out about floaters in the pool that aren't inflatables. :eek:

I'm actually kind of sad looking at Pumpkin Man now- I wish I would have gone up to find out what his story was- usually I do, I guess I was suffering from heat stroke after all the dancing. :confused3 Dressing in the dark- :rotfl:

And I can not get over that the floaters happened THREE TIMES to Cammie & Lonnie! Do they not understand the principal of rubber pants?? I always had my kids in them when they were babies at the pool. WTH???

Thanks, Ellen! Sounds like a great Hawaii trip!

Good luck - can't wait to hear all about your new home!

Okay, It's late and I really am blonde, so I'll tell you what I thought when I saw this pic - "Hey! That looks like Pam! I wonder if Ellen knew she was there at the same time?" Duh! :rotfl2: Oh, and she has a cute Vera bag BTW! Love the parade - I seem to "accidentally" get done with my shopping just in time to get caught on the first corner - "Darn, we're stuck now, we'll just have to stay here and catch the parade - sorry honey!";)

You're so purty!!:rotfl2:

I am still hunting him down in Wigd's TR.....

Great update :)

Loving your pics of MK and Mr Pumpkin Head :laughing: bless him.

He does look like someone who would be fun to bring home to Mom, doesn't he??:rotfl2:

Ellen I will be at Kidani (as usual hahaha) the 22-29 of October...I think I am leaving quite early on the 29th though....didn't have much choice because I used miles for the flight. Not sure if or when I will do MNSSP but I'll see! :)
Oh and a scary side note regarding Mr. Pumkinhead--I think in Wigd's report he was carrying a Knoebel's bag--that is a small park in Pa that we ususally go to every summer!!! Yikes!!
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter