DISmoms 4 - The Hunt for Jack Sparrow

Back to set the record straight real soon! Work and life have been crazy busy but I should have a bit of down time tomorrow...... ;)

Hey new reader!! :wave2: Welcome to the DIS!!!!!! So happy you decided to join us!!!! party::welcome::jumping1:

We didn't manage from the buffet either, except for dear ol dad. He managed to snag one of those jumbo turkey legs and just walked around on deck like Fred Flinstone chewing on a mastadon leg! :rotfl: None for the rest of us!

We did get the Mickey save on our ship this spring, and thought the fireworks were great! I think we counted like 6 ships in the distance, since it was on our night when we only had to go from St. Martin to St. Thomas...

Did they still have the pirat show that went on between 1st and 2nd seating? We liked that one a lot.

aww no flying Mickey how sad, Aww so sad Cammie missed the production though its always a tear jerker. The buffet looked good though. Better then on the magic. Cant wait to hear about your Castaway day!

To quote my favorite Mr Fixit, Tim "The Toolman" Taylor, "Back the truck up!" Cause Kara is back with the REAL story. Kinda like Paul Harvey.... but not really.

We awoke on our sea day to Heidi wanting to go play the Great Mouse Detective on board, so off we went.

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0308.jpg

This was such a fun interactive game all over the ship - kinda like Kim Possible in Epcot - well, almost EXACTLY like Kim Possible. But not really. Cause Epcot is not a ship. It's not on the sea, and Mickey is a detective, not Kim Possible. OK, so it's not the same. Only it is..... Get it?

I'm thinking Mickey did a little dance for Heidi, can't remember though. Did we have mimosas for breakfast????? :rotfl2:

DSC_0310.jpg

I think it was just Heidi, Joan and I. Not sure where Cammie went, but I"m thinking she was up worshipping the sun....

We headed back to the cabin to get dressed for our Palo brunch. Not sure, but I may love brunch better than dinner in Palo. There is just so much to choose from, and since Heidi posted all those pics, I won't bore you again too much...... But it is much more relaxing at brunch, plus it's beautiful to sit up there during the day and watch the sea moving by (although, going 2KTS, we weren't moving too fast) rather than watching the night, just doing what the night does......

Marko was absolutely fabulous, and when we found out later that day that he was our favorite Pink bartender, Alenka's, husband, well, we loved him even more!!!!

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

This may or may not have been my first plate at brunch. If it was, I'll deny it.....

DSC_0297.jpg

AHA!!!! I KNEW mimosas came into play at some time!!!

DSC_0296.jpg

This may or may not have been my second plate.....

DSC_0298.jpg

This may or may not have been a pizza that I enjoyed...... but not alone. Or did I?

DSC_0299.jpg

This may or may not have been my first plate of desserts....

DSC_0302.jpg

This may or may not have been another dessert....

DSC_0301.jpg

Somehow I became disentangled from my friend Nikon Davis V. But I just call him Nikon D5000. Cause we go back a long way..... So I have ZERO pics from the afternoon up on deck! What is up with that?????

But Ellen did a marvelous job of capturing the essence of the 666 deck, along with my licking the window peering into the private deck of suite guests. Thanks for that, Ellen. :thumbsup2

And our ride along the AquaDuck and the adult pool area, absolutely NOTHING could keep us cool that day!!!! I will never again complain about the breeze blowing my hair all over the place when we are at sea! This was absolutely HOT just bobbing around offshore of the Bahamas. Ugh!

Which is why, we did what any good mother does when she's away from her family for a few days with her girlfriends.... we headed to have drinks!!!!!

Our own private champagne tasting!!!! Bless her heart, Alenka just did not get what we were trying to do when we first accosted her in Pink. But by the time the lightbulb went off :idea:, she was the BEST friend a girl could ask for!!!!!

DSC_0311.jpg

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0312.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

And the creme de la creme. Or the champagne de la champage. Or the drink de la drink.....

DSC_0316.jpg

Ice Ice Baby!!!!!!

Say what you will about my Princess Leia of the previous night, but, no matter what, I think Miss Kara is still queen of the ITSK-

769.jpg

I'd like to thank the Academy for this honor. I take this award seriously, and I will do my best to uphold the standards for ITSK for as long as I hold this crown. Thank you and God Bless you all!

So... Let me see if I have this right- I woke up, put my hair in braids to go be a detective while impersonating a yodeler, then went back to the cabin, undid my braids, went to palo, went to the pool, then put my hair back in braids for pink & pirate nite.

Yea- that makes sense...

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Looks like a wonderfully full day and full tummies, too! Heidi and ITSK need to take it on the road! :lmao: Of course, you might have to have guest appearances by Princess Leia!

So... Let me see if I have this right- I woke up, put my hair in braids to go be a detective while impersonating a yodeler, then went back to the cabin, undid my braids, went to palo, went to the pool, then put my hair back in braids for pink & pirate nite.

Yea- that makes sense...

I knew you'd catch me on that! :rotfl2: After I reread it I realized I had it all backwards.... plus Cammie sunbathing was AFTER Palo.... duh! :headache:

Go check your Little Tykes evac shelter..... ;)

AFter Heidi braided/unbraided/braided/unbraided/braided her hair time and time again..... It was time for the rest of the pirate gang to get ready.

After all, it was CONEHEAD Pirate Night!!!

DSC_0319.jpg

Along the way to dinner, we ran into this guy. I think he drives the boat. I mean ship. Does it drive anyone else nuts when people call it a "boat?"

DSC_0320.jpg

Once we made it to dinner, I think I ordered the Jerk Chicken Salad - jerk-seasoned chicken strips over fresh crispy greens with a citrus dressing and plantain chips for an appetizer

DSC_0323.jpg

Someone ordered the The Dutchmen's Dijon-Crusted Sirloin of Beef - thick cut of beef with oven-roasted sweet potatoes and a black spot tomato with deep red wine glaze for an entree:

DSC_0325.jpg

Then someone had the Treasures of the Seas Grilled Shrimp and Seared Scallops - served on strings of pasta and fresh creamy tomato sauce. I had this on another cruise so I'm thinking it wasn't me. Not me!!!! But then again, maybe it was.....

DSC_0324.jpg

I do know I had Rum Soaked Chocolate Cake - with raspberry glaze and whipped cream

DSC_0326.jpg

OK, I have a confession. I accepted photobucket's offer to use their new site and ITS AWFUL!!!! My photos are all out of order now so I can't figure out a timeline. I've got dinner photos mixed in with champagne tasting, mxed in with Heidi on the hunt. I'm so confused. And that doesn't take much.... :rolleyes1

At some point we ventured up on deck for Pirate Party. Why didn't Cammie join us? Who misses Pirate Party on a Disney cruise?????

DSC_0328.jpg

OK, here's my take on Pirate Party Magic vs Dream. The Magic is geared toward the young and the young at heart. There's lots of characters dancing to upbeat, fun, popular music. I have pirate party music on my phone and love it when I'm running or exercising. It really gets me going!

The Dream was a lot darker. Still characters but it seemed almost "scary" at times to me. Now I AM a wimp, so that may have something to do with it, but it just wasn't as much fun to me.....

DSC_0343.jpg

Even the backdrop that is used on the Dream is more intense than the Magic. Just my opinion.....

But of course, you can't beat THIS!!!!

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0336.jpg

DSC_0338.jpg

I think we had to stop in and see our girl Alex for one last sip of the night.... Of course it was my favorite martini.... OohLaLa!

DSC_0344.jpg

We headed back to the room and found Cammie snuggled up with Jimmy Kimmel so we giggled awhile and finally fell asleep, VERY excited for our stop at Castaway Cay the next day!!!

When I did the Dream last year there was a family/kid friendly pirate show between the 2 dinners and then before the fireworks something else. I will see next week if they still offer it. I really liked the family show.

Kara - are you sure it's Photobucket, and not all the champagne from the day that's mixing everything up? :rolleyes1

Heidi, er, Ellen, I hope you're all safe, dry, and have power!

Yea- I'm safe and dry- I'm in wdw! We are livin large in a Jambo gv- it is incredible! On our way to dhs- having a blast. Seriously feel like a rock star staying in the gv- yesterday I took a jacuzzi bath while watching Stacy on the flat screen- AWESOME!!! Btw- I spoke w concierge for our dismom trip- we are all set w adrs and the sunrise safari - woohoooo! After this trip, I think I can say I have a favorite dvc- and it's akv- <3

I'd like to thank the Academy for this honor. I take this award seriously, and I will do my best to uphold the standards for ITSK for as long as I hold this crown. Thank you and God Bless you all!

You are the Quenn of ITSK , noone can ever dream of taking that title from you( nor would they want to):rotfl2::rotfl2:

Okay Kara I have to hand it to you with you alledged plates of food , I am in awe of your alledged appetite !!:rotfl2:

Oooh Mr Kotteeerr !! I haver a question Can you buy the pirate Bandanas on the ship!!!or boat whichever has them:rotfl2:

Yea- I'm safe and dry- I'm in wdw! We are livin large in a Jambo gv- it is incredible! On our way to dhs- having a blast. Seriously feel like a rock star staying in the gv- yesterday I took a jacuzzi bath while watching Stacy on the flat screen- AWESOME!!! Btw- I spoke w concierge for our dismom trip- we are all set w adrs and the sunrise safari - woohoooo! After this trip, I think I can say I have a favorite dvc- and it's akv- <3

YIPEEE:cheer2: can't wait to see you all again:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!