• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 4ish Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally finished the Simplicity Daisy Kingdom dress for my daughter (2988). Here are a few pics and below I'll give a mini review of the pattern. I know others have this pattern and hopefully my comments will help some avoid the mistakes I made.

th_20080321-DSC_9850.jpg
[/IMG]

th_20080321-DSC_9855.jpg

th_20080321-DSC_9851.jpg

It is beautiful!!!! I'm sorry it was such a pain, but it turned out so pretty!!! I have a Simplicity pattern that has you do the waistband that way too. I thought it was a very odd way to sew it on!

Okay everyone...here it is. I have worked on it since 10am this morning and I've just finished it. The pink Ariel dress.

IMG_0315.jpg

]

I still have some hand stitching that has to be done on the lace where I missed and around the waist. Plus I have to do a tulle skirt and the lining.

Beutiful beautiful beautiful!!! I love that!!! I would really love to see a bigger version of this picture if you could. It is so pretty, I want to be able to see it better. :lovestruc

I am trying really hard to work on my scrapbooks - it's no use - all I want to do is SEW with my free time. :rolleyes:
What's a girl to do.....guess my kids will just have to scrap thier own pics - of them in all the custom outfits I made them :rotfl2: .
That is SOOO funny!!!! :rotfl2:
Whew, I am beat! I think I am ready and after packing her clothes she has more than enough outfits. Here is what I made for Epcot, I do not understand how Lori can whip those circle skirts out, it took me forever to figure it out. DH laughed and asked if this was the first I've used geometry outside of high school. Why yes, it was!

th_IMG_0192.jpg

Megan asked the girl to paint mickey heads on her toes:

th_IMG_0193.jpg

With all the excitement, Megan asked if I would teach her to sew. Here is a skirt she made for her doll. I helped with the waistband and the ricrac, she did all the rest.

th_IMG_0197.jpg

And here is the big faced Belle dress I cased from Tom. I made so many mistakes on it, probably because I was trying to hurry. The gathers looked terrible so I scrapped it and just added some trim. I found the pink trim in the quilt shop, you get it wet and it gets all fuzzy. I thought it was cool.

th_IMG_0199.jpg

Now I just have to pack for me and go to bed. I'll miss my sewing buddies: be back Friday!

ps sorry no Scrappy, he is already at the vet! :guilty:

Wow Stephanie!! I knew you could do it!!! These outfits are fantastic!!! I love the Epcot one!!

Please tell Megan that she did a great job on the doll skirt!! I am really impressed!

Poor Scrappy....
I am STILL trying to find someone to watch our cat for the two weeks we will be gone. I have asked everyone I can think of! Come on, it's a CAT, he's easy! And, I'm not trying to get people to do it free, I'm offering money! Poor Foster, I guess I will have to sneak him into my luggage and bring him along! :cat: (why are there FOUR dog smilies and only ONE cat????)

ps-I'll say a prayer to St. Francis for Scrappy's safety and protection while all y'all are gone!!

You are just too sweet!

Whew, I am beat! I think I am ready and after packing her clothes she has more than enough outfits. Here is what I made for Epcot, I do not understand how Lori can whip those circle skirts out, it took me forever to figure it out. DH laughed and asked if this was the first I've used geometry outside of high school. Why yes, it was!

th_IMG_0192.jpg

Megan asked the girl to paint mickey heads on her toes:

th_IMG_0193.jpg

With all the excitement, Megan asked if I would teach her to sew. Here is a skirt she made for her doll. I helped with the waistband and the ricrac, she did all the rest.

th_IMG_0197.jpg

And here is the big faced Belle dress I cased from Tom. I made so many mistakes on it, probably because I was trying to hurry. The gathers looked terrible so I scrapped it and just added some trim. I found the pink trim in the quilt shop, you get it wet and it gets all fuzzy. I thought it was cool.

th_IMG_0199.jpg

Now I just have to pack for me and go to bed. I'll miss my sewing buddies: be back Friday!

Love them!! Megan did a really good job on her skirt. Oh, and I love her toes!

I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone here.

I finally have been able to get back to sewing, seems I am just always busy doing something. Unfortunately the first thing I did was catch up on Dallas' patches! Made for one happy boy though.

And we started our countdown calendar for Disneyland! We have never made one before but he kept asking how many more days until easter so we thought we would make one!

100_4833.jpg

th_IMG_0192.jpg
th_IMG_0193.jpg

Oh I thik you did a super fab job on that skirt. I think onceyou make a few and get the hang of it you will find they don't take that long. I think it is great!
What happen to scrappy?

Very cute everyone. I have had a nice case of the stomach flu and it is making it's way around the family. I have 2 mos before our trip but at least the pieces are cut out.

I'm subbing.

I'm around the computer all day. I'm watching the woot off... I'm hopeless. DH's whole office is watching as well. They love me because they only ever watch woot when I see that there is something good one there so since it's a woot off, they are calling across the office at each other.
I watched the woot off too! My dh stays up most nights to see what the woot is when it changes. =) I missed the kodak printer again! :headache:

I havent been around for a few days i have been reading miss cammies trip report. That is all i did from about 7pm yesterday till about 7 tonight!:rolleyes1 I finally caught up tonight. Lots of fabulous stuff. You guys are awesome. I loved the marie outfit!!! so cute

And miss Cammie, you are a great "step" mom and will make a wonderful mom to a baby of your own someday. i say go for it! :thumbsup2 I finally have a daughter after having 3 boys and i am loving picking out her clothes. i dread the day she decides to have a say in it! :rotfl:

I'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone here.

I finally have been able to get back to sewing, seems I am just always busy doing something. Unfortunately the first thing I did was catch up on Dallas' patches! Made for one happy boy though.

And we started our countdown calendar for Disneyland! We have never made one before but he kept asking how many more days until easter so we thought we would make one!

100_4833.jpg

Aww, he looks so proud!!
My kids wanted me to make a countdown chain, but we didn't have enough ink, so we made a Mickey Head countdown instead. Yours looks really nice!
Very cute everyone. I have had a nice case of the stomach flu and it is making it's way around the family. I have 2 mos before our trip but at least the pieces are cut out.

I'm sorry you aren't feeling well!

I am happy to report I did find the light blue Friends/world material today! No luck on the Minnie Dots, so it looks like I will have to shop :wizard: for it. I also found a blue print with Tink in it. Mom has some of the material, so I will post picts of the material & patterns we plan on using tomorrow.

I also need to dig out the sundress I made DD last year to see what alterations need to be done on it. That was my first ever attempt and I was pretty happy with it. Just as reminder, it was this one:
Mickeydress.jpg

Okay, I cant quote all the things Id really like to because DH is sitting next to me waiting for me to get off the laptop so we can go watch a movie. What I NEED to do is go to bed!!!
-Monday is our final weigh-in for our Biggest Loser Competition at our gym and I want to be down 2 more pounds. I have decided I'm going to have to miss church so I can get in a good workout tomorrow

Daisy Kingdom dress- I LOVE the fabric!! So worth it! I also like the topstitching on the waistband. and I love the the pink underlayer. I have a DK pattern (winnie the pooh) that Im going to start soon. Im concerned because size 2 is the smallest size and she isnt really wearing size 2 yet.

New England get together. Oh I SO love that idea. In the past I have lived in Franklin MA, Norwood, Foxboro, Woonsocket and I LOVE going to Mystic- have a membership there. But its an hour and 40min from my house now. Wow- a SOUTHIE on here! I am Irish and wish I could call myself that. SO- where are we meeting? Are we sewing together or just getting together?

Thank you for the pattern number! LOL!!!! I was going batty- I consider myself a pretty good searcher, but locating the pattern was killing me. Too funny. Thanks for the extra homework to get to those pants. Hee Hee. Are you sure you dont secretly want to keep them to yourself? Okay Im confused, I pulled up the 3743- but this still doesnt look like the pants with the Marie outfit with the ruffle on the bottom...
3743sim.jpg

Dogs- we hire a dog/cat nanny. She comes and sleeps at our home, lets them sleep on the bed with her (something we dont do) gives them any meds they might be on, takes them to the lake to swim, out for walks, etc. One gal does not to overnights- I use her for short weekend trips, she comes 3 times a day at $15 pr, the other gal charged $50 pr 24hr, but raised her price to $65 pr night. I have 2 labs of my own, 1 foster lab (for adoption) and 2 cats.

:laughing: Miss Cammy, I'm pretty sure you are more worried about Scrappy than Steph is!:rotfl:

Well, until I read that! :scared1:

Scrappy is at the vet, where they charge an arm and a leg to keep him healthy and happy, so I am not really scared. The vet techs love him and I have a feeling he gets a lot of attention (although not as much as home) when he's there. The last time we went out of town I asked the babysitters across the street to take care of him and they did a wonderful job. He was happy as a clam and they loved playing with him. Unfortunately, it's their spring break too, so they won't be around either. Believe me, they are my first choice in Scrappy care while we are gone!

Wow Stephanie!! I knew you could do it!!! These outfits are fantastic!!! I love the Epcot one!!

Please tell Megan that she did a great job on the doll skirt!! I am really impressed!

Poor Scrappy....
I am STILL trying to find someone to watch our cat for the two weeks we will be gone. I have asked everyone I can think of! Come on, it's a CAT, he's easy! And, I'm not trying to get people to do it free, I'm offering money! Poor Foster, I guess I will have to sneak him into my luggage and bring him along! :cat: (why are there FOUR dog smilies and only ONE cat????)

1) Thanks! She told me today she can't wait to wear it on Mission Space. I told her I thought she got the ride names mixed up because her favorite ride at Epcot is Spaceship Earth. She rolled her eyes and said, "Whatever, the one in the big ball is the one I like." Excuse me! I should put her on Mission Space just to teach her (just kidding!).
2) She also sewed a book (scaps of fabric taped on notebook paper) of "monkey parts." These are from scraps of the drama queen monkey fabric. It is hysterical.
3) I hope you can find someone to watch your cat. I remember my parents would just leave our cats with extra food and a litter box when we went out of town, but it was only for the weekend. Yours probably needs extra care for your long trip! Good luck. :hug:

Love them!! Megan did a really good job on her skirt. Oh, and I love her toes!

Thanks: I will tell her. Aren't her toes funny? There was a big discussion (in Korean) about how to make Mickey heads on them. Next time I will bring a picture: it was a lot more detailed than I was expecting. I felt guilty all the time that was spent studying Megan's toes!

He's really growing up! He looks so proud of all his patches.

Oh I thik you did a super fab job on that skirt. I think onceyou make a few and get the hang of it you will find they don't take that long. I think it is great!
What happen to scrappy?

Thanks! I don't know, I am such a pattern girl, I want exact instructions on how to do something. Maybe I will have to draft my own pattern.

Scrappy is just at the vet, nervous nellies are worried about him (I'm looking at you, Miss Cammie).

Oh I have a picture for one Miss Cammie of how Megan dressed herself for an evening out with her father and brother:

IMG_0182.jpg

I asked her nicely if she could change the black t-shirt and heeled flip flips for something more practical. I did insist on brushing her hair and ironing her jumper. She was quite the site, that was the night the pink-eye boy was hugging on her.

Thanks for the warm welcome!!!! So far so good on my dress for my DD. I got the skirt done with the wedge stripwork pattern I found it the links posted at the beginning of the site. Kudos to the person responsible. It has been a wealth of great info!

Okay, whoever was looking for the cupcake applique, (sorry, too lazy/tired to go check the other thread) here is the one I used, sorry it took so long. I've been fighting my scanner. Wow, it looks kinda weird. Let me explain :rotfl: So, I grabbed dd's dirty t-shirt (chocolate milk stains), scanned it on my scanner, then outlined my copy with marker and made pencil lines where I wanted to cut the shape of the cupcake wrapper. Then I found that paper and scanned it in just for you! Then I put it in photobucket and started "erasing" some of the chocolate milk stains, then I gave up and voila! (who says I don't remember french?):laughing:

scan-1-1.jpg

Oh, and here's the finished product since I never did post my "favorite thing I've made" photo, even though you've all seen it before, this is it:

IMG_0967.jpg

Oh I have a picture for one Miss Cammie of how Megan dressed herself for an evening out with her father and brother:

IMG_0182.jpg

I asked her nicely if she could change the black t-shirt and heeled flip flips for something more practical. I did insist on brushing her hair and ironing her jumper. She was quite the site, that was the night the pink-eye boy was hugging on her.

:lmao: Aww I think she look so cute!! She has the best smile!!!

Everybody's been busy I see, I have painted a few more shirts but have only one picture of the one that I painted for my brother's first plane trip! I've been out of commission for the past week, because last sat. I burned my hand cooking pork chops, a nasty 2nd degree on my right hand(of course)so I have been one handing it for the last week(should I mention that I'm right handed? and that I work in a library unpacking heavy books?) So It seems to be healing just fine and that I will be back to painting again soon. Hubby made me some shorts and a dress pics to come later. but here's the one:
crafts087.jpg

Okay everyone...here it is. I have worked on it since 10am this morning and I've just finished it. The pink Ariel dress.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

I still have some hand stitching that has to be done on the lace where I missed and around the waist. Plus I have to do a tulle skirt and the lining.
Awww! I missed this one before!
I haven't seen this done yet! You did an awesome job!

I love the pink Ariel dress! You do awesome princess dresses. I'm sure that little girl will be thrilled.

I finally got Delaney to go with a more gender non-specific birthday party so now we're doing Little Einsteins. Thank goodness, I was really ready to pull my hair out trying to coordinate a Pirate & Princess party with only two boys and 6 girls. I told Delaney there was no switching now since I ordered part of the stuff so we couldn't change. :) Evil mommy that I am.

Stephres, I've got DH and DD looking for Scrappy in pictures. We love looking for him. He's adorable. DD like dachshounds, one of our neighbors has an English cream colored one, I had never seen a blonde one before. He's a cutie, he's just a puppy.

I think I'm going to head to bed, Delaney actually is in her own bed for a change, I'm sure she'll be in my bed before morning, I'm still waiting for her to sleep through the night and she's almost 4. She's never liked to sleep, she's afraid she's missing something.

Nighty Night ladies and Tom!

Aww I love all your customs!!! They look awesome. Do you have any more pictures of the Peter Pan one you could add to Photobucket??? My DD loves Peter Pan and I would love to see more of the one you have.

Thank you! These are the only other photos I have on this computer, not great, but hopefully you will get the idea :) Obviously it would have been better with green tights, but we made do with the white capri leggings.

And I will just say I cannot believe how fast this thread grows! So glad I found it! :)

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0356.jpg

DSC_0460.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter