Disboutiquers Part 4ish Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. My neighbor was kind enough to let me use her Singer so progress continues!!!

YES! DH agreed to go tonight to get a new machine - LOVE HIM:love:
Yay for you!!! I am so happy!! I think that I want a new machine. I might take the one that my teacher has offered me. He doesn't sew anymore and he hates that his machine is not being used. It is a Brother, but I don't know what model it is.

Ok. So I am finally coming out of lurkdom here to say that you guys are awesome :worship: :worship: :worship: !!!!!!! You have inspired me to begin sewing for our Nov. trip to WDW. I have sewn in the past but noting like you guys! I bought a new singer because mine was literally 50 years old and could only do straight stiches. I got the simply sweet jumper pattern from YCMT and am trying it on some non-disney fabric first with a stripwork skirt. Wish me luck!:cutie: I will post pics if it comes out at all decent!
Good Luck!!! That is a good pattern to start with and cute too.

are you sure thats the right number? I just did a google search on it and couldnt pull up a pants pattern with that number...
There are two Simplicity 3740 patterns. One is a dress from waaaayyyy back in the day the other is a shirt, dress and pants pattern from the It's so easy line from Simplicity.

Now, this is what I made tonight. It was my reward for getting my house clean (inlaws are coming tomorrow) I can't wait for dd2 to try it on!!! I'll take more pics of her wearing it on Sunday. I plan for her to wear it to Church, but tomorrow I have to make bows and jewelry :rolleyes:

Marieoutfit.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I looove this! It is so feminine. I want to CASE it...haha...I've never even seen the aristocats but I think that little kitty is adorable.

Where are you located in MA? What kind of machine are you needing?
I dont know if this will help or not, but I live in CT and I could loan you my spare machine, its a little Jem Janome, it doesnt offer a lot of stitch options, but. Its mechanical, not computerized. I live in Brookfield and could drive up to Sturbridge MA- about an hour and half from me. Or Mystic CT- I always like driving there anyway.

How wonderful you are, thank you!!! Luckily my neighbor was kind enough to let me use her machine. Thank you again!

How wonderful you are, thank you!!! Luckily my neighbor was kind enough to let me use her machine. Thank you again!

No problem, Im glad your neighbor was able to help you out. I dont know where you plan to shop, but I bought my machine a year ago and I was thrilled to get a Kenmore (Sears) on sale- Jenome makes Kenmore. I've been quite pleased with it. The only downside is that the salesmen dont have a clue how to sew and you cant test drive them- but they have a 60 day return policy. Let us know what you pick to be your new friend!

There are two Simplicity 3740 patterns. One is a dress from waaaayyyy back in the day the other is a shirt, dress and pants pattern from the It's so easy line from Simplicity.

I have looked on the simplicity site, sewingpatterns.com, patternreview.com, and google. I cant find it. :(

I am going to a birthday party in an hour. I remembered (today at noon!!) that we missed a little girls birthday party back in October - she will be at the party today. Her parents always get my kids something for their birthday. It was too late for me to run out and get her something, so I went through my fabric stash hoping to make her a little sundress. Most of my stash is holiday fabrics!! I was able to come up with this in just under 2 hours...

IMG_0395-1.jpg

It's not nearly as full as I normally make - I wanted to make sure I had enough fabric left to make DD a summer top. For DD's I'll probably add a navy sash at the waist and make the straps navy too. I'm thinking this one is a little plain, but nothing I can do about it now. No navy fabric in the stash!!

oh yeah, well I took 7 years of french from Jr. High through college, so I thought I'd come up with some clever response in french and here I sit drawing a complete blank----:confused3 uh, je m'apelle Jeanne...probably can't even spell in french anymore either. I remember I used to read books in french and write reports in french :sad2: but you know what, I was also thin back then and went out with friends and slept in on weekends....:rotfl:

I took German for 4 years in high school and three semesters in college and I'm pretty sure I've forgotten everything. Either way it's really useful here in Texas, also known as northern Mexico! Spanish would have been a lot more helpful than German!

For some reason I had no 'multi-quote' buttons so I hope I remember this...

Heather, I love the Minnie dot dress - :worship: :worship: Giselle's dress (must be nice to have a Giselle dress :rolleyes1 ) - Cute HSM outfits, quilt and Mary Poppins!!

Now, this is what I made tonight. It was my reward for getting my house clean (inlaws are coming tomorrow) I can't wait for dd2 to try it on!!! I'll take more pics of her wearing it on Sunday. I plan for her to wear it to Church, but tomorrow I have to make bows and jewelry :rolleyes:

th_Marieoutfit.jpg

You made the whole thing in one night? I'm lucky to get material cut in one night! It's beautiful! Is the Marie fabric from Ebay or did you find it in a store?

A mini Tr...

We went to Great Wolf Lodge for an overnight stay...

IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg

The room...

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Bed time story...The clock comes to life and tells the story.

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

DD pretending to sleep...

IMG_0308.jpg

The fun stuff!!

IMG_0314.jpg
IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

I am going to a birthday party in an hour. I remembered (today at noon!!) that we missed a little girls birthday party back in October - she will be at the party today. Her parents always get my kids something for their birthday. It was too late for me to run out and get her something, so I went through my fabric stash hoping to make her a little sundress. Most of my stash is holiday fabrics!! I was able to come up with this in just under 2 hours...

th_IMG_0395-1.jpg

It's not nearly as full as I normally make - I wanted to make sure I had enough fabric left to make DD a summer top. For DD's I'll probably add a navy sash at the waist and make the straps navy too. I'm thinking this one is a little plain, but nothing I can do about it now. No navy fabric in the stash!!

I love the dress! Even without a navy sash or straps it is adorable! A little red somewhere on it might be cute too! I'm so impressed with all of you that can just whip something up!

IMG_0395-1.jpg

oh my gosh...you just "whipped that up"?! It's SO cute!!! I'm sure her parents will be THRILLED with such a lovely gift!

I love the Great Wolf Lodge pics!!! My husband and i really want to take the kids, but seriously, around here it's $525 a night and UP...it's seems like WAY too high for one night and a day of water park admission. That's like a night at the Grand Floridian...one of the pricier rooms even...which I'd MUCH rather do!:rotfl2:

your mini TR did nicely...I feel like we've been! :lmao: THANKS!!!:thumbsup2

oh my gosh...you just "whipped that up"?! It's SO cute!!! I'm sure her parents will be THRILLED with such a lovely gift!

I love the Great Wolf Lodge pics!!! My husband and i really want to take the kids, but seriously, around here it's $525 a night and UP...it's seems like WAY too high for one night and a day of water park admission. That's like a night at the Grand Floridian...one of the pricier rooms even...which I'd MUCH rather do!:rotfl2:

your mini TR did nicely...I feel like we've been! :lmao: THANKS!!!:thumbsup2

Wowza!! That's alot for a night stay!! We didn't pay nearly that much!! I think we could have stayed 2 nights for that price!

Marieoutfit.jpg

I love this! It is so simple and precious and I love the fabric combinations!

I finally finished the doll last night. I hate when I have to sew something I don't want to. I just wasn't in the mood to make this doll, but I was supposed to make it for Christmas so...

Ball gown side:
2008_03280076.jpg

Working dress side:
2008_03280073.jpg

This is SO cute! What a great idea! DId you use a pattern?

IMG_0395-1.jpg

I love, love, love this! I am a sucker for all things nautical, and add quick and easy and I'm sold!!! What great fabric!

Ball gown side:
th_2008_03280076.jpg

Somewhat creepy shot of the whole doll so you can see how it works.
th_2008_03280081.jpg
WHAT a great idea! I love that!!!!
The last picture reminds me of that cartoon "Cat Dog" ;)

Here's what I've been doing lately- not exactly dis-boutique, but done buy a dis-boutique doll! Sorry- it's all I have to contribute!

I still need to put eyes on the bunnies and sew buttons under their ties. I'll finish that up on the plane tomorrow and then I'll leave it in Utah with DD so she can get it quilted for me. When that's done, I'll sew the binding on, and it'll be finished. I'll post pics of it again when it's all finished if you'd like.

Do you think the way I arranged the squares is ok?? It's so hard to tell sometimes.

IMG_5396.jpg

You know.....you can always leave that with ME. Heh.

LOVE that piece! The colors and patterns really work well together!
Did you do that from a pattern in case any of us want to CASE it?

My church ("ward") has a quilt club I keep meaning to join. They do stuff like that. I want to quilt a temple wall hanging. :cloud9:

TNmom- Where did you get that Marie fabric????? I love Marie!
The set you made with it and the polka dots is so cute!!!!!

Where are you located in MA? What kind of machine are you needing?
I dont know if this will help or not, but I live in CT and I could loan you my spare machine, its a little Jem Janome, it doesnt offer a lot of stitch options, but. Its mechanical, not computerized. I live in Brookfield and could drive up to Sturbridge MA- about an hour and half from me. Or Mystic CT- I always like driving there anyway.

Hey neighbor!

We are in Middletown, CT!

We should get the New England gals together for a sewing party!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

CarlaC

First let me say thank you to everyone who has said nice words about the dresses. I appreciate you positive energy. All of you have always been so kind. Each of us have produced some amazing clothing I am so honored to be apart of your group.

With that said here's my latest news.

MY SEWING MACHINE BROKE!!!! THE PEDAL WONT WORK SO I'M HAND SPINNING!!! I had to hem Giselle's shear ruffles before working on Ariel.

I'M HOPING TO BEG DH TO LET ME GO GET A NEW ONE!!! PLEASE SEND ME ELECTRIC THOUGHTS TO MAKE IT WORK!

Did I mention I have three weeks to make two more dresses, a sundress, shorts oh one more thing I have to do hhhhhmmmm:confused3 Oh yeah

PACK!!

that totally stinks!!! I hope you get a new one soon. gesh hand spinning is going to hurt your wrist!

Ok. So I am finally coming out of lurkdom here to say that you guys are awesome :worship: :worship: :worship: !!!!!!! You have inspired me to begin sewing for our Nov. trip to WDW. I have sewn in the past but noting like you guys! I bought a new singer because mine was literally 50 years old and could only do straight stiches. I got the simply sweet jumper pattern from YCMT and am trying it on some non-disney fabric first with a stripwork skirt. Wish me luck!:cutie: I will post pics if it comes out at all decent!

happy sewing and welcome!!! We are all here to help and ooohh and awwwwpopcorn::

I
It's a Children's Place outfit...sometimes you can find decently made stuff there...sometimes it's garbage. But the top is a yellow and pink paisley print chiffon-y ruffle-y top...the skirt is a dark pink. It's not a bad outfit per se...I was just more going for the preppy plaid look...or the patchwork bermuda shorts and a polo...y'know. Preppy cute.

i'm just bossy. I need to be in charge of clothes.

Of course I had to go to the Children's Place site to see if I could find it! But, I didn't see it there! It sounds pretty, but not at all what you had pictured, I understand that! :thumbsup2

We have a timeshare at Lake Tahoe so we bought the kids the book about "Tahoe Tessie" (the monster of Lake Tahoe) they love it! Of course Tessie is very cute and non-threatening.

My little Tessie is very cute and non-threatening too. Well, unless she is mad, then she can be pretty threatening!!! :rotfl2:

I think Tessa and I NEED that book!

Thank you all for the support with Emily. For all. Hopefully I can keep up with this thread I am already 6 pages behind on this one. And about 20 on the other one.

:grouphug: I'm glad it is going well with Emily. Poor little girl! :hug:

Good news. My neighbor was kind enough to let me use her Singer so progress continues!!!

YES! DH agreed to go tonight to get a new machine - LOVE HIM:love:
YEAH!!!! Give that DH a big hug! :hug:
Ok. So I am finally coming out of lurkdom here to say that you guys are awesome !!!!!!! You have inspired me to begin sewing for our Nov. trip to WDW. I have sewn in the past but noting like you guys! I bought a new singer because mine was literally 50 years old and could only do straight stiches. I got the simply sweet jumper pattern from YCMT and am trying it on some non-disney fabric first with a stripwork skirt. Wish me luck!:cutie: I will post pics if it comes out at all decent!
:welcome: and good luck! We cant' wait to see your pictures! And, that is a good pattern you got!
Lesson learned: When trying outfits on before your trip, take them back off again! DD's Alice in Wonderland dress, which we play in all the time, now needs repairs. A 'monster' came out and while we were roughhousing, "rrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiipppppppppp" as the skirt tore away from the bodice for about 8 inches. Now it's a belly-button peekaboo Alice dress! Back to the sewing machine!

Deb, 50 hours away from arrival at WDW!

Oh no!! Good think you can fix it though!!!

FIFTY HOURS!!! How exciting!!!!

I looove this! It is so feminine. I want to CASE it...haha...I've never even seen the aristocats but I think that little kitty is adorable.

:faint: WHAT? :faint: You need to see it!! The kitty is named Marie, she's so cute!!! Marie is one of Lydia's favorite characters. We are hoping to meet her in May.
I finally finished the doll last night. I hate when I have to sew something I don't want to. I just wasn't in the mood to make this doll, but I was supposed to make it for Christmas so...

Ball gown side:
th_2008_03280076.jpg

Working dress side:
th_2008_03280073.jpg
Somewhat creepy shot of the whole doll so

I'm not entirely happy with it. The faces are odd, but I don't embroider so they'll do. The ruffles happened because I had the dresses together and then found out that they were too short. I wasn't about to rip it apart & do it again esp. since I'd already done both sets of sleeves twice. I do like the hair though. Much better than the yarn hair I tried last time.

I love it!!! I have always wanted one of those dolls!

:scared1: Seriously, that is just ridiculous. Hey my friend just emailed me. We had a half day Thursday. So she wistfully starts looking up stuff about warm places and you'll never believe it. The book a 3 day vacation for the next day!!!! :scared1: She somehow packed everything that night and they flew out the next morning at 6 am to the Gulf of Mexico. Wow I am impressed. :laughing: So....keep away from the computer....just think how warm you will be in May in FL!!!!!! ;)

Wow!! :scared1: That would be wonderful to be able to do!!!

I hope it is warm in May, usually when my whole family goes, it's quite chilly!
My parents were down the week before we went last year, and told us how hot it was. The DAY we arrived it got cold! And stayed pretty chilly our entire two weeks there!

I have looked on the simplicity site, sewingpatterns.com, patternreview.com, and google. I cant find it. :(
I know that Crystal found it for you, (Yeah Crystal!)but next time you are trying to find a specific pattern number, you can go to the website and they have a pattern search box where you can put the number.

IMG_0395-1.jpg

I really like it!!! I think it looks cute just like it is!! Very nautical!

It looks like you had a great time Leslie!! That bunk bed is cool!

WHAT a great idea! I love that!!!!
The last picture reminds me of that cartoon "Cat Dog" ;)
:music: Cat dog, cat dog... All alone in the world is a little cat dog!!! :music:

Such an odd show!

I finally finished the Simplicity Daisy Kingdom dress for my daughter (2988). Here are a few pics and below I'll give a mini review of the pattern. I know others have this pattern and hopefully my comments will help some avoid the mistakes I made.

20080321-DSC_9850.jpg
[/IMG]

20080321-DSC_9855.jpg

20080321-DSC_9851.jpg

First off, I had a terrible time with the binding/piping. Thanks to Tinka Belle's help, I re-cut the binding being very careful to cut it exactly right. It did work better the 2nd time, but I'm still not happy with it around the neckline. I considered using store bought binding, but was concerned that I wouldn't get the "look" I was hoping for with this dress.

Secondly, this dress is sized very generously. According to the measurements on the package, my daughter is right between a size 5 and a size 6. I made her a size 6 since we are going to Disney in October and I wanted the dress to be a little big now hoping it would fit her perfectly when we go. I have been making her a size 6 in other patterns and it is slightly big, so I expected this one to be the same. Thankfully, I tried the bodice on her before I attached the skirt. The elastic in the back was way too big. So, I took the bodice apart and shortened the elastic by over four inches. It is still too big, but I couldn't shorten it any more or the side seams would have been in the middle of her back. The dress is still big, but due to the way it is made, there isn't much else that can be altered or taken in to make it fit better.

Lastly, the dress feels really heavy due to the double layer skirt. And the weight of all of it hangs from one button around my daughter's neck. It just doesn't look very comfortable. I may add a snap or two by the button just to take some of the stress of the button itself. It just doesn't look like it will hold up over time.

This dress was kind of a pain and I don't think I would make it again. I probably could have made 3 other outfits that I liked just as well in the time it took me to make this one. And of course, I paid full price for the Princess fabric from JoAnns, which I rarely do. (forgot my coupon on that trip and I bought all that was left on the bolt and it really was not quite enough. I had to cut very carefully to eek out all the pieces.)

Oh, one other thing I did not like - I carefully centered Belle on the bodice piece. When I started putting the dress together, I realized the waistband goes over the top of the bodice rather that being attached to the bottom of it. So, it covered up the bottom part of Belle and I didn't have enough fabric to cut another piece. And by that time, I don't think I would have taken it apart for the 3rd time and started over.

Whew, sorry so long-winded. Hope this helps others considering making this dress! Oh, and one more thing...I'm not so sure I like the topstitching on the waist band, I may take that out.

Hey neighbor!

We are in Middletown, CT!

We should get the New England gals together for a sewing party!!!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

CarlaC

Hey ladies! If you do, I will be there:) I live in Southern MA about 2 min. from RI, about 30 min. from Putnam CT, 1 hour from Mystic CT, and about 50 min. from Boston.
I would totally get to brag that I met The famous Carla C!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter