• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 4ish Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
A mini Tr...

We went to Great Wolf Lodge for an overnight stay...

IMG_0285.jpg
IMG_0286.jpg

The room...

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0289.jpg

Bed time story...The clock comes to life and tells the story.

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0300.jpg

DD pretending to sleep...

IMG_0308.jpg

The fun stuff!!

IMG_0314.jpg
IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0338.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg
IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg
IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

We were looking for somewhere to stop on the way back from our Disney trip and this looks like it might be the place...thank you!!

Hey ladies! If you do, I will be there:) I live in Southern MA about 2 min. from RI, about 30 min. from Putnam CT, 1 hour from Mystic CT, and about 50 min. from Boston.
I would totally get to brag that I met The famous Carla C!

2 mins from RI - me too! we must be in the same town. Let me ask. Does your major live across the street from Capron park?

I finally finished the Simplicity Daisy Kingdom dress for my daughter (2988). Here are a few pics and below I'll give a mini review of the pattern. I know others have this pattern and hopefully my comments will help some avoid the mistakes I made.

th_20080321-DSC_9850.jpg
[/IMG]

Whew, sorry so long-winded. Hope this helps others considering making this dress! Oh, and one more thing...I'm not so sure I like the topstitching on the waist band, I may take that out.

I love the story along with the design! I think it is adorable and it will be perfect for your october trip!
Lori

2 mins from RI - me too! we must be in the same town. Let me ask. Does your major live across the street from Capron park?
No, but I do know where you live now;) We live about 15-20 min. from there. We live near N. Smithfield/Woonsocket.

Okay everyone...here it is. I have worked on it since 10am this morning and I've just finished it. The pink Ariel dress.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

I still have some hand stitching that has to be done on the lace where I missed and around the waist. Plus I have to do a tulle skirt and the lining.

I have this pattern and took notes on your post on it's envelope. I wonder if it would work with a tied neck? I don't want a stressed out button.

It did turn out really cute! Sorry you had to pay full price for the princess fabric. :guilty:

I finally finished the Simplicity Daisy Kingdom dress for my daughter (2988). Here are a few pics and below I'll give a mini review of the pattern. I know others have this pattern and hopefully my comments will help some avoid the mistakes I made.

20080321-DSC_9850.jpg
[/IMG]

20080321-DSC_9855.jpg

20080321-DSC_9851.jpg

First off, I had a terrible time with the binding/piping. Thanks to Tinka Belle's help, I re-cut the binding being very careful to cut it exactly right. It did work better the 2nd time, but I'm still not happy with it around the neckline. I considered using store bought binding, but was concerned that I wouldn't get the "look" I was hoping for with this dress.

Secondly, this dress is sized very generously. According to the measurements on the package, my daughter is right between a size 5 and a size 6. I made her a size 6 since we are going to Disney in October and I wanted the dress to be a little big now hoping it would fit her perfectly when we go. I have been making her a size 6 in other patterns and it is slightly big, so I expected this one to be the same. Thankfully, I tried the bodice on her before I attached the skirt. The elastic in the back was way too big. So, I took the bodice apart and shortened the elastic by over four inches. It is still too big, but I couldn't shorten it any more or the side seams would have been in the middle of her back. The dress is still big, but due to the way it is made, there isn't much else that can be altered or taken in to make it fit better.

Lastly, the dress feels really heavy due to the double layer skirt. And the weight of all of it hangs from one button around my daughter's neck. It just doesn't look very comfortable. I may add a snap or two by the button just to take some of the stress of the button itself. It just doesn't look like it will hold up over time.

This dress was kind of a pain and I don't think I would make it again. I probably could have made 3 other outfits that I liked just as well in the time it took me to make this one. And of course, I paid full price for the Princess fabric from JoAnns, which I rarely do. (forgot my coupon on that trip and I bought all that was left on the bolt and it really was not quite enough. I had to cut very carefully to eek out all the pieces.)

Oh, one other thing I did not like - I carefully centered Belle on the bodice piece. When I started putting the dress together, I realized the waistband goes over the top of the bodice rather that being attached to the bottom of it. So, it covered up the bottom part of Belle and I didn't have enough fabric to cut another piece. And by that time, I don't think I would have taken it apart for the 3rd time and started over.

Whew, sorry so long-winded. Hope this helps others considering making this dress! Oh, and one more thing...I'm not so sure I like the topstitching on the waist band, I may take that out.

I am trying really hard to work on my scrapbooks - it's no use - all I want to do is SEW with my free time. :rolleyes:
What's a girl to do.....guess my kids will just have to scrap thier own pics - of them in all the custom outfits I made them :rotfl2: .

I am trying really hard to work on my scrapbooks - it's no use - all I want to do is SEW with my free time. :rolleyes:
What's a girl to do.....guess my kids will just have to scrap thier own pics - of them in all the custom outfits I made them :rotfl2: .

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

I have 21 days before I leave for my trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeecckkkk I have more than enough outfits but want to make more......... eeeccckkkk

Lori

Aw, it's adorable, I'm sorry it gave you so much trouble. I completely understand about the Belle thing, it makes me so mad when I plan it out so carefully and then it's not right. I found my JoAnn's coupon today on my daughter's floor, I don't know how it got there!

Just beautiful! You did a great job on it, that material looks tough.

I finished all my sewing and bows and packed the kids's stuff and food. I am almost ready to go: I'll post pics in a sec.

Whew, I am beat! I think I am ready and after packing her clothes she has more than enough outfits. Here is what I made for Epcot, I do not understand how Lori can whip those circle skirts out, it took me forever to figure it out. DH laughed and asked if this was the first I've used geometry outside of high school. Why yes, it was!

IMG_0192.jpg

Megan asked the girl to paint mickey heads on her toes:

IMG_0193.jpg

With all the excitement, Megan asked if I would teach her to sew. Here is a skirt she made for her doll. I helped with the waistband and the ricrac, she did all the rest.

IMG_0197.jpg

And here is the big faced Belle dress I cased from Tom. I made so many mistakes on it, probably because I was trying to hurry. The gathers looked terrible so I scrapped it and just added some trim. I found the pink trim in the quilt shop, you get it wet and it gets all fuzzy. I thought it was cool.

IMG_0199.jpg

Now I just have to pack for me and go to bed. I'll miss my sewing buddies: be back Friday!

ps sorry no Scrappy, he is already at the vet! :guilty:

Does anyone know if there is a guide or sewing book on using the decorative feet for the sewing machines? You get these great feet, and more are available, but the guide book is sort of limited in direction. I'd just like to be able to get more out the sewing machine then I seem to be.

are you sure thats the right number? I just did a google search on it and couldnt pull up a pants pattern with that number...

Oh you wanted the correct number :rotfl2: I even had the package in front of me when I typed that in!!!! It's Simplicity It's So Easy 3743. Sorry!

Whew, I am beat! I think I am ready and after packing her clothes she has more than enough outfits. Here is what I made for Epcot, I do not understand how Lori can whip those circle skirts out, it took me forever to figure it out. DH laughed and asked if this was the first I've used geometry outside of high school. Why yes, it was!

IMG_0192.jpg

Megan asked the girl to paint mickey heads on her toes:

IMG_0193.jpg

With all the excitement, Megan asked if I would teach her to sew. Here is a skirt she made for her doll. I helped with the waistband and the ricrac, she did all the rest.

IMG_0197.jpg

And here is the big faced Belle dress I cased from Tom. I made so many mistakes on it, probably because I was trying to hurry. The gathers looked terrible so I scrapped it and just added some trim. I found the pink trim in the quilt shop, you get it wet and it gets all fuzzy. I thought it was cool.

IMG_0199.jpg

Now I just have to pack for me and go to bed. I'll miss my sewing buddies: be back Friday!

ps sorry no Scrappy, he is already at the vet! :guilty:

AWWWWW no Scrappy?!:sad1:

Leaving my dog at the pet hotel is the WORST part of the trip. I hate it. I cry every single time! We left him at a "highly rated" *SNORT* boarding place last summer. When we picked him up he had a HUGE deep scratch on his nose and his potty training was GONE. He'd been kept in a "run" the whole week with no contact with anyone. He was so traumatized that if I was out of his sight AT ALL he'd have an accident. Poor baby. And I'm pretty sure they had FELONS working for them...I SWEAR I saw one of their workers on America's Most Wanted!

I'm SERIOUS!!!

We're leaving him with our house sitter this time. He loves her and she'll let him sleep with her the whole time! He'll be in hound heaven!!!

I LOVE the Epcot outfit and tell your little one that the skirt she did is AWESOME!!!

like mother like daughter!!!

have so so so much fun!! Can't wait to hear about it!!!

:goodvibes :goodvibes

ps-I'll say a prayer to St. Francis for Scrappy's safety and protection while all y'all are gone!!

:goodvibes

Leaving my dog at the pet hotel is the WORST part of the trip. I hate it. I cry every single time! We left him at a "highly rated" *SNORT* boarding place last summer. When we picked him up he had a HUGE deep scratch on his nose and his potty training was GONE. He'd been kept in a "run" the whole week with no contact with anyone. He was so traumatized that if I was out of his sight AT ALL he'd have an accident. Poor baby. And I'm pretty sure they had FELONS working for them...I SWEAR I saw one of their workers on America's Most Wanted!

I'm SERIOUS!!!

We're leaving him with our house sitter this time. He loves her and she'll let him sleep with her the whole time! He'll be in hound heaven!!!

I LOVE the Epcot outfit and tell your little one that the skirt she did is AWESOME!!!

ps-I'll say a prayer to St. Francis for Scrappy's safety and protection while all y'all are gone!!

:laughing: Miss Cammy, I'm pretty sure you are more worried about Scrappy than Steph is!:rotfl:

Okay everyone...here it is. I have worked on it since 10am this morning and I've just finished it. The pink Ariel dress.

IMG_0315.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0316.jpg

I still have some hand stitching that has to be done on the lace where I missed and around the waist. Plus I have to do a tulle skirt and the lining.
That is a very pretty dress.

I'm SERIOUS!!!

DH and I are actually afraid to leave our baby with anybody. We wanted his grandmother to watch her but she is going to be out of town for the first couple of days. I think that I am going to ask my friend to watch her, but I'm still afraid. She is very spoiled. She sleeps in the bed with me and I treat her just like she was a human. I think I'm afraid that noone can treat her the way I do.

I used to have dolls like this when I was little. Did you use a pattern?

That turned out cute! I love the hair.

This is SO cute! What a great idea! DId you use a pattern?

WHAT a great idea! I love that!!!!
The last picture reminds me of that cartoon "Cat Dog" ;)

I love it!!! I have always wanted one of those dolls!

:music: Cat dog, cat dog... All alone in the world is a little cat dog!!! :music:

Such an odd show!

Thanks guys. She loved it & so did everyone else at the party. I used a regular cloth doll pattern to make the doll & just put the waist of the pattern on the fabric fold. The clothes I made up as I went along (probably why the skirts were too short & I had to do all the sleeves twice :rotfl: ).

And, yes, it reminds me of cat dog too. :lmao:

Can someone please tell me why over an hour ago I sat down to list on ebay and I have yet to go to that page! I just had to check out the new stuff, then decided some pudding would be yummy while reading (thus no quotes).

Love the new Marie outfit. Can't wait to see it on Emma.

Megan looks all ready to go! She did a great job on that skirt!

Great Wolf Lodge looked like a blast! Matthew is getting so big and love the dress you whipped up!

That Cinderella doll is too cute, but a bit scary when seeing both sides of it in a picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter