Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Oh no :( I knew it was something bad, I just didn't know specifics. I'm so sorry, Kimmar :hug: :hug:

She posted a tribute thread and put links on some of the other threads, I guess not this one. Her brother who had his foot amputated a while back passed from cancer.

Yikes! That's really hot! We are only in the 80's here, but we're getting humidity again so it sucks. It feels warmer that it is.

Good morning, y'all!

It's already been a stellar day here at the castle. SuluKitty barfed in his water bowl. ScottyKitty shredded a roll of paper towels DH left on the kitchen table. I'm grumpy because I had to clean before my first cup of coffee!

On a positive note, I looked at my calendar and I have about 6 weeks before I head to WDW with the YoYos. :yay:

:surfweb:

Good morning, y'all!

It's already been a stellar day here at the castle. SuluKitty barfed in his water bowl. ScottyKitty shredded a roll of paper towels DH left on the kitchen table. I'm grumpy because I had to clean before my first cup of coffee!

On a positive note, I looked at my calendar and I have about 6 weeks before I head to WDW with the YoYos. :yay:

:surfweb:

6 weeks?

WOW! Great countdown.

Sorry you had to clean before coffee!

Good morning, Fogies.

Hope everyone is well.

I'm hoping to catch up on my Dis threads this morning.

So.....our two furbabies.

We have the 11 year old Domestic Short Hair white cat and acquired a new Bengal cat last year. The Bengal is now about 11 months old. The two cats do kinda sorta get along; but the Bengal is too young for the DSH...or the DSH is too old for the Bengal. She (the Bengal) just wants to play all the time and she jumps on him (the DSH). He grumbles a LOT. In fact, he's taken to grumbling from the moment he steps into the house!
I've been thinking about getting a younger playmate for the Bengal for a while now.

I think I bit the bullet yesterday. There's been a Siamese cat breeder that is getting out of the 'game'. She's not well and she's been slowly winding down her operations. She recently posted about a 16 month old (entire male) lilac Siamese cat (about a month ago). From the pictures, he seemed sweet enough. I watched the post for a while (about 2 weeks) and she seemed to be super picky about who she wanted the cat to go to. Well....she did eventually share that she wasn't well about two weeks ago and her story touched me. So, I sent her an enquiry and we've been communicating about this cat for the last 2 weeks. Seems like my household is the sort of cat heaven that she's been looking for.
I'm not exactly getting the cat for free....but she's offered him to me for a little bit more than what the RSPCA or an animal rescue would charge me for a moggie. She's even turned down other people that have offered her significant amounts of money for the cat.

She's out of my state and will be shipping him down on Monday. I have him booked in on Tuesday for the procedure. I think I'm going to have to be patient with this Siamese cat and slowly introduce him to the cat part of our household. Here's to a successful transition!

:wave2: PIO! What plans do you have for your vacation? Are you taking your camera anywhere fun?

:wave:

I want to:
1. Weed my garden
2. Clean out some of the 'toy' piles around the house and take pictures of them. I think I can advertise them on eBAY (or gumtree) and try and sell some.
3. Sightsee around town with our Japanese exchange student. There are Friday fireworks tomorrow night and I'm hoping to go down. The fireworks goes for 10 minutes and I've been slowly building up to using the 9-stop ND filter so that I only have 1 shot that goes for the entire 10 minutes. If the weather is kind and the fireworks go ahead, I'll be trying for that "one shot to rule them all" tomorrow night.
4. New kitty arriving next week(see previous post)....spending time with him. :)

And then if I have time, rest up!! :rotfl2:

What about you? Counting down?

Good evening Fogies.

It is nice to be back here in NorCal except for the weather which is almost like in Vegas.

Interesting to hear that you will get a new kitty PiO. Have fun with the Japanese exchange student. It must be fun to do that.

I always like having animals around, Bret. The new kitty is a complete bonus. Right place, right time. It just remains to be seen if it is the right decision.

The Japanese exchange student is pretty fun.

YaY YoYo have a great time!

Bret, sure is hot! And today at 107 is not helping either.

Sounds like excitement in the household PIO! Kitty sounds wonderful that is coming! Be sure to share the pictures

Yay for new cats!

DF packed up our apartment today and vacated it. He and his parents are beginning the drive from Chicago to Arkansas tomorrow morning, and then they'll be there at the parents' house for a few days before coming here. I so can't wait to see him :hyper:

Enjoy your vacation, PIO!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter