Dis Old Fogies Clubhouse – Six of One, Half Dozen of the Other. Makes No Difference!

Good morning, y'all!

Alison, I've been an Audible subscriber for 15 years. Some days, it's the only way for me to enjoy books. When I worked an hour and a half away from home, I went through my 2 credit a month allotment and ended up paying for more credits each month. DH listens to the Wall Street Journal on his way to and from work each day. And we listen to a book when we're traveling. Then he'll get bored and want to listen to the DIS Unplugged podcast for a while.

Some libraries have free audio books you can borrow. They expire after a week or so.

PIO, your kitty is beautiful.

I enjoy reading about your travels and travel plans. Our only trip this year is to Washington, DC for a week in the fall. I'll get one afternoon for family history research. My 3rd great grandfather owned a bakery in DC. We'll go to the Smithsonian museums, enjoy the Spy Museum, take a tour of the monuments, and perhaps visit with our representative or one of both of our senators. I still have to contact their offices to arrange that.
I'm excited that I'll be at WDW for a convention in September 2015, then DH and I will return in October 2016 for a week! :jumping1:

Congratulations again.

Like you said, a few things to fix....but the main one will be the drivers seat belt buckle, right? You need to be safe in the car.
Hope your roommate's dad gives it a good looking over and everything checks out.

Yes, the main one is the buckle. It should be arriving on Friday, according to tracking, and if I need to, I can go to Autozone and borrow the tools to replace it. It sometimes stays put, but sometimes not, so I'd rather just be safe and replace it. I'm not sure when my roommate's parents are coming, and he's still asleep, so I can't ask him just yet. But I'll figure it out :)

No not my car, I was watching it live on the news. Dana what makes you think the headlights are going out?

I know, was just saying :) When I have the headlights on the "normal" setting, I can't see anything. I have to use the brights. So I'm assuming that the regular filament is burned out. I bought new bulbs a couple of days ago, I just haven't swapped them out yet. Probably today.

Yeah, when we went back to the room for our nap after an incredible lunch, we saw it on the news. I watched the coverage for an hour before we left to come back to the park. I pity anyone from Vegas who came for the 60th. They're going to need to go through Tehachapi to get home in the next couple days.

I had an Explorer for about 5 years. It might have been a 1997. I loved that car, but I drove 100+ miles a day during the week and it hit 100,000 miles really quickly.

Krud Kutter works great for adhesives. I hope the rest is an easy fix, or at least not too much to do or too expensive.

I really like the car so far! It's just all the little stuff that needs to be fixed. Thankfully, the brakes are fine and the engine seems to run normally. I might need an oil change, but the biggest issue is the tires. Hopefully we can find someplace that'll let us do a payment plan.

I actually bought some Goo Gone for the adhesives, and one of my coworkers said that rubbing alcohol should help as well.

It was fun and never hit capacity. It was less busy than some bad weekends. We're going to be moving slow today.

I'm really surprised it never hit capacity!

I would love to find audible books for free, but they charge for listening. The few I have had loved it, it is relaxing listening to someone else read to you.

What kind of phone do you have? There's an app I like called Overdrive that works with your local public library to offer rentals of e-books and audiobooks. It might be worth it to check out. I just bought a Kindle and have been using it with free Amazon books and library rentals.

Has that gentleman looked at the car yet? I hope it is safe enough for you. I mentioned earlier our car engine went out. We got a rebuilt engine and had that put in. I can't see making car payments. Let us know what he thinks.

Good morning all. I have a question , does anyone know about fiesta ware? I have some bowls and don't know if they are newer or older pieces. I can not find them on the internet.

Not yet, since he's not here. I can drive it, it's just that the brights annoy people when I'm driving.

I've heard of it, but I don't know much about it.

Thursday morning. The sun is shining and I have a chiro and massage appointment this morning. I so need it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!