DIS Meet Dec 8 07

Hello everyone!!!!!! I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and got all the goodies you wanted!!!!!! I know we did!!!!!!
I do have a question for you guys...Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary before and got any pics of it??? I've been searching like crazy for pics of it. Stupid us...We didn't take any pics of our room or the actual resort while we were there. I didn't think about it until we left. :scared1:

Hi, everyone!

Happy day after Christmas!

My St. Maarten pictures are posted here. I haven't had a chance to add titles or comments, but you'll recognize them!

Tina: I have tons of pictures of the exterior that I've taken over the years. If no one gets you any before I get home, I'll post some and you can choose what you like!

Beth

Hi, everyone!

Happy day after Christmas!

My St. Maarten pictures are posted here. I haven't had a chance to add titles or comments, but you'll recognize them!

Tina: I have tons of pictures of the exterior that I've taken over the years. If no one gets you any before I get home, I'll post some and you can choose what you like!

Beth

Thanks Beth!!!!!! You're the BEST!!!!!!! BTW...those fonts are AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Nasty, cold rain hitting my office window :eek: I need another cruise ...... NOW!

It has been warm here the last two days (upper 40s) but I still need to cruise NOW too. We are supposed to get some snow tonight, but not much. Friday we could get a big storm. That's okay once we get home from work. Friday evening is the annual "Neighbor Christmas Party". It is for past and present neighbors and we only have to walk across the street to attend.
I miss everyone and I miss my ship. I miss the beautiful turquoise water. I miss my server and assisant server and I miss my chefs. I miss my room steward.:grouphug:

We had Nasty, Wind, Cold and Rain all afternoon :cold:

We are leaving on Friday after work to drive down to the House and get WARM!! We are staying through New Year's

Anyone wanna Come? :confused3 We have room..

Hello everyone!!!!!! I hope everyone had a GREAT Christmas and got all the goodies you wanted!!!!!! I know we did!!!!!!
I do have a question for you guys...Has anyone stayed at the Contemporary before and got any pics of it??? I've been searching like crazy for pics of it. Stupid us...We didn't take any pics of our room or the actual resort while we were there. I didn't think about it until we left. :scared1:

We are staying there Jan 31st - Feb 5th (First time so im very excited!!!) we are staying in a theme park king room. I know i will take about 10,000 pictures!

We are leaving on Friday after work to drive down to the House and get WARM!! We are staying through New Year's

If we didn't work we would have crashed the party!

We are staying there Jan 31st - Feb 5th (First time so im very excited!!!) we are staying in a theme park king room. I know i will take about 10,000 pictures!

Really?!?!?!? :banana: :banana: Could you please take some pictures of the room and of the building itself????? I feel soooo stupid that I didn't take any of our room. :eek: We took everything of the view we had (which was spectacular). Hopefully we'll be able to post pics tonight. :woohoo:

ME!! ME!! :yay: :yay: PICK ME!! :yay: :yay:

The sun's out today but I still wish that we could go back. :cool1: Thanks for the invite; maybe one day. :love:

ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME:cheer2:

I soooooo wish we could!!!! :sad1:

That would be so much fun. Wish we all could join you.:cool2: I need some sun.

Now if only one of us knew someone with a private jet.........we could all party in the warm sunshine.:cool1:

Sounds good to me. It is snowing here right now. They were calling for 15-20 cm and then 5 mm of rain, but have backed off that significantly...still...

So I'm puzzled. Maybe someone can clear this up for me. This is long, so please skip down to the question if your attenion is flagging. ;)

I dropped my little piece of paper into the "future bookings" box or whatever on Friday, asking for info about a 4 nt CC double dip in August. (That's when we have our next time off scheduled.) I got a message during the night that she couldn't work up my quote but to leave a message where we could be reached and we'd get the incentives if we finalized after debarking. Sounded good (gave us some flexibility), but I knew we wouldn't be home for at least a week, which I told them. Message waiting when we got home, with just a phone # and res #, and I followed up today.

...So. We have a res with the discount and an OBC. But I haven't given them any money. :rolleyes1 I went into the "my cruise" section of the DCL website, and can't get any financial info. (Doesn't it usually show payment status/amount owing whatever?) When he told me the price for the 4 day I said :eek: cancel it! But they had automatically put it over to my TA so I couldn't touch it.

I'm kinda confused right now. :confused: I didn't want to book on spec unless we were pretty sure b/c I lose money on the international exchange through my credit card. If I give Disney a deposit and change my mind, they'll refund the full value but my credit card will charge me 5 cents on the dollar to give me my money back (actually they take 2.5 cents per $ on the initial exchange--any international funds transaction--then another 2.5 cents to give it back to me in Canadian. :mad: ) I like having a cancellable reservation but learned that lesson on our first trip to Disney in 05 when I cancelled some stuff and rebooked.

Ok, I'm rambling. What I'm wondering is this: do I really have a ressie if they haven't taken any money? And if that's the case, I guess I should try to hang on to it to keep my options open at least until they notice?

And, um, is it just me or does $3560 for 4 nts/4 ppl in a cat 11 seem insane to anyone else? :eek: That's significantly more than we paid for the 7 day...

JoAnne, the difference in cost is because August is high season. The kids (US anyway) are out of school. This cruise we just took was incredibly low priced for Disney. They were having some trouble filling the ship and so decreased those CAT12 rates to a crazy fare. August with a Double Dip (special itinerary) is going to cost you more. We almost always sail in the off season due to the discounted rates.

As to whether you really have a ressie......if you can't find it on DCL site by looking up the ressie number then probably not. Even though we were with a TA for this last cruise, I could still pull up my ressie. I just could not see any of the financial info.

We transfered our reservation to Dreams. With the book onboard discount, Disney onboard credit and Dreams onboard credit, I figure we can't afford to stay home. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter