DIS Meet Dec 8 07

Hey everyone!!!! Robby and I are here!!! :woohoo: Let's get it started in here!! I'm SOOOO glad we have this thread to talk with each other. I will say one thing though: since we DO have this thread, it is VERY tempting to tell Amber what I think on the other board w/o a fear of getting the thread shut down and no place to talk to everyone. :lmao: But..... that wouldn't be very DIS-like, as she says. :angel: Well, only a few dozen more posts till the next pirate. Maybe I'll turn into Amber and start posting at # 20 for the next pirate:

Hey everyone!!!! Robby and I are here!!! :woohoo: Let's get it started in here!! I'm SOOOO glad we have this thread to talk with each other. I will say one thing though: since we DO have this thread, it is VERY tempting to tell Amber what I think on the other board w/o a fear of getting the thread shut down and no place to talk to everyone. :lmao: But..... that wouldn't be very DIS-like, as she says. :angel: Well, only a few dozen more posts till the next pirate. Maybe I'll turn into Amber and start posting at # 20 for the next pirate:

Yep, that's why I stopped posting there. I found myself not being the DIS person I like to be. :sad2: This is such a fun place and I wanted it to stay that way. :thumbsup2

Ok.... so here is our first picture to post since we got back. I'll follow it up with a view from our room on property after the cruise!! :goodvibes

IMGP0160.jpg

IMGP0156.jpg

DrHug has to work tomorrow, so it may be Christmas Day before he gets to post a few pics here. He has first DIS meet on deck 10, pirate night in the atrium and the shower.

Jim has promised to post his reaction to the soup, however, it's getting late now. I'll make sure that he does it tomorrow!

I also want to start posting my pics tomorrow. They're just about ready for public viewing.

Now it's time for bed. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow, though it's only a half day. The good part is that most people think we're closed, so it will be a very quiet day, and my boss always treats us to lunch before we close!

Beth

Jim has promised to post his reaction to the soup, however, it's getting late now. I'll make sure that he does it tomorrow!

I also want to start posting my pics tomorrow. They're just about ready for public viewing.

Now it's time for bed. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow, though it's only a half day. The good part is that most people think we're closed, so it will be a very quiet day, and my boss always treats us to lunch before we close!

Beth

Enjoy the quiet day at work! We usually have to work at least a half day, but President Bush gave us the day as a holiday this year. :dance3: :santa:

Dh's boss told them to "work from home" on Christmas eve until lunchtime close. ;) He hasn't been to work since Dec. 5...

It did, Angie, thanks so much! I emailed a reply, maybe you posted before I noticed and replied?

You all do know it is only a matter of time until we have uninvited guests.. and then it will just start all over again.. :sad2: Sadly, it makes me feel like i'm in grade school again.. It's so not fair to us to have 1 person ruin our fun..

Wendy!!! :woohoo: Yeaa!!!!! I get princess: for 2 whole weeks!!!!
:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :banana:

DH and I went to breakfast, then to Delicious Orchards, got pies and snacks for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when we attend 3 different gatherings.. :eek: Then we went to Hoffman's for Icecream!! :love: Vanilla for the pies, peppermint for us and Mint Oreo for me :cloud9: Then went to Atlantic City!!! with a friend of DH's :woohoo: We went to Rainforest Cafe for dinner and gambled at each of the 3 Trump resorts.. and... walked away with an extra $700 in our pocket :cheer2:

but, then, sadly, we came home to a message on the machine that DH's Great Uncle has past away.. Which is ironic since, DH's Grandmother died on Christmas Eve 12 years ago :sad1: So I am assuming we will be attending Viewings/Wakes and a Funeral in the next few days.. He was always giving everyone fresh fruits and veggies from his garden :goodvibes He grew the Best tomatoes I have ever tasted and I am Not a tomato person..

I have to go to the Mall tomorrow and pick up a gift I need for tomorrow night :scared: and wrap all the presents :hourglass nothing like waiting to the last minute..

If we weren't doing the 15 day PC then I would for sure be looking at a B2B. 7 days is just not long enough.

I can't wait for the next round of PC cruises!

Tell me more about the B2B's. I was talking to Cindy about that, but how does the logistics work? Do you have to find certain cruises, or could one do it with any. We were talking about two 4 day cruises. What about debarking, can you get the same room for both, and leave all your belongings, or do you need to pack and unload completely?

We're totally into double the time at Castaway Cay.

You can do any cruises as B2B, because you book them as 2 separate reservtions. The only difference is that you debark the ship after the rest of the folks, and then embark before the next sailing. It's up to you - working with DCL or your TA to get you the same room both times (so you don't have to pack up between sailings). There's a great trip report by CraftyMouse - she was on our sailing and the Dec 1st cruise, that tells all about it.

I was sure mine was going to be a hassle, because we have 8032 for the first sailing (a popular Cat 3), and I wasn't sure if we'd have to move to another stateroom to get the same one for both sailings. But after 4 days of waiting for the reservation computers to come up, DU was able to get 8032 for the 2nd sailing as well. :thumbsup2

Since I'd only rebooked one cabin onboard they are only giving me the OBC for the 1st week. But I'll still get $200 from DU plus the $50 Visa credit. After seeing the prices, I am definitely sold on booking DCL 2 years in advance!

Oh, and thanks Wendy! :flower3:

Ah :rotfl: 40 sec rule cut off my post! I'd forgotten!

You're quite welcome! Ah a stress-free thread again...:cloud9:

since we DO have this thread, it is VERY tempting to tell Amber what I think on the other board w/o a fear of getting the thread shut down and no place to talk to everyone. :lmao:

Oh don't do it. You'll get a warning notice from mods if you do that. Unfortunately, Amber knows how to get our goat while making us look like the bad guys. I don't want you to get in trouble!! Now if you tell her in a PM, I think you're okay. Although I'm not sure if she has that function turned on.

I just checked in on the other thread. I think if we all stop posting all of a sudden someone will get suspicious and come looking for us. (Call me paranoid, but better safe than sorry.)

I also realized I'd forgotten to let MommyofTwinfants know where we are, so I just sent her a PM.

You all do know it is only a matter of time until we have uninvited guests.. and then it will just start all over again.. :sad2: Sadly, it makes me feel like i'm in grade school again.. It's so not fair to us to have 1 person ruin our fun..

Wendy!!! :woohoo: Yeaa!!!!! I get princess: for 2 whole weeks!!!!
:dance3: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :banana:

DH and I went to breakfast, then to Delicious Orchards, got pies and snacks for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day when we attend 3 different gatherings.. :eek: Then we went to Hoffman's for Icecream!! :love: Vanilla for the pies, peppermint for us and Mint Oreo for me :cloud9: Then went to Atlantic City!!! with a friend of DH's :woohoo: We went to Rainforest Cafe for dinner and gambled at each of the 3 Trump resorts.. and... walked away with an extra $700 in our pocket :cheer2:

but, then, sadly, we came home to a message on the machine that DH's Great Uncle has past away.. Which is ironic since, DH's Grandmother died on Christmas Eve 12 years ago :sad1: So I am assuming we will be attending Viewings/Wakes and a Funeral in the next few days.. He was always giving everyone fresh fruits and veggies from his garden :goodvibes He grew the Best tomatoes I have ever tasted and I am Not a tomato person..

I have to go to the Mall tomorrow and pick up a gift I need for tomorrow night :scared: and wrap all the presents :hourglass nothing like waiting to the last minute..

Condolences for you and Andy's loss.

You did a lot of driving yesterday!! You were in my neck of the woods for the Orchards, but their baked goods are very good! Congrats on the AC win! Good luck at the mall. I had to drive past the Freehold Mall yesterday to get my nails done, and wow, I wouldn't have pulled in there for all the tea in China!! Just the traffic outside it was bad.

I went to Wegman's yesterday and the day before and WOW, it was a zoo!! I only needed a few staples, so I was able to get in and out rather quickly.

I can't wait for the next round of PC cruises!

You can do any cruises as B2B, because you book them as 2 separate reservtions. The only difference is that you debark the ship after the rest of the folks, and then embark before the next sailing. It's up to you - working with DCL or your TA to get you the same room both times (so you don't have to pack up between sailings). There's a great trip report by CraftyMouse - she was on our sailing and the Dec 1st cruise, that tells all about it.

I was sure mine was going to be a hassle, because we have 8032 for the first sailing (a popular Cat 3), and I wasn't sure if we'd have to move to another stateroom to get the same one for both sailings. But after 4 days of waiting for the reservation computers to come up, DU was able to get 8032 for the 2nd sailing as well. :thumbsup2

Since I'd only rebooked one cabin onboard they are only giving me the OBC for the 1st week. But I'll still get $200 from DU plus the $50 Visa credit. After seeing the prices, I am definitely sold on booking DCL 2 years in advance!

You're quite welcome! Ah a stress-free thread again...:cloud9:

Oh don't do it. You'll get a warning notice from mods if you do that. Unfortunately, Amber knows how to get our goat while making us look like the bad guys. I don't want you to get in trouble!! Now if you tell her in a PM, I think you're okay. Although I'm not sure if she has that function turned on.

Ok, I am going to admit it. I am sooo jealous of you guys and your b2b cruises!! That will be a kewl thing to do one day.

And yes the prices 2 years out are nice. We booked a 7 day Western for Aug 09, and it was reasonable enough to get 2 cabins. With the kids being 13 and 8, I thought more room and privacy the way to go. Plus with the OBC's..a nice bonus. I have to move those ressies to DU. I have never booked a vacation this far in advance though. I have to get travel insurance for it..but it is strange doing that so far in advance. You would think for trips so far in advance they would have different policies for pre-existing conditions. We were also able to get to connecting 10's on deck 7! Granted I am going to hope to get them switched to deck 5...so keep the fingers crossed.

We are a GTY for the EB, I just hope we get at least deck 2, I don't want to be down on deck 1.

I want to wish all of you guys a very Merry Christmas!!

We are considering ordering Chinese tonite. Last year I think we went to Harold's Deli :).

Stacy, sorry to hear of your loss. BUT, what I do love is when our DIS friends not only share their loss with us but also their wonderful memories of that person. :goodvibes

I want to wish all of you guys a very Merry Christmas!!

We are considering ordering Chinese tonite. Last year I think we went to Harold's Deli :).

Thank you. Chinese actually sounds pretty good!

Stacy (and Andy): I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you have many happy memories of him to carry you through the holidays!
-----
OK, my Castaway Cay pictures are posted! You can find them here. More pictures will follow as I get them ready.

Beth

Stacy, adding my thoughts and prayers for dh's uncle. Ei, something more poignant about losses during the holidays. I'm sorry. OTOH, I have found that funerals can also be tremendous opportunities to re-connect with family and friends, and rejoice in the life lived. I hope that is true in this case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter