Dis Exclusive Once Upon a Fairytale Germany Trip 9/20 - 9/28/2013

The following are highs/lows (in Farenheit) for September for the places we'll be visiting.

Heidelberg: 70/51
Waldeck: 65/48
Rothenberg: 70/46
Munich: 66/47

It should be very comfortable weather for touring!

Jason

This is winter weather in FL.

46...brr.

Just right for those of us that grew up in Minnesota!! :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just paid in full this morning!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1: Took awhile to remember what password I used. I knew it was something Sound of Music related;) Now it feels like we're really going, and as soon as June ends and work calms down, I can throw myself into obsession mode. Think I can learn German in 3 months?

Also, now that the Dis exclusive BSM trip is done, do we get to claim the chat room on Thursday nights to feed our obsession?

By the way - 60s sounds like perfect weather to me!! Time for some shopping!

Laurie

Watching The Bachelorette right now (purely for trip research you understand) and they are in Munich. Not only that, they are staying at the hotel we will be at - looks lovely!

Laurie

Watching The Bachelorette right now (purely for trip research you understand) and they are in Munich. Not only that, they are staying at the hotel we will be at - looks lovely!

Laurie

I saw that too Laurie and thought that was our hotel! Mike thought I was crazy though, so we didn't watch very much. Munich did look incredible!

It sounded familiar to me too, so I looked it up and it was definitely the right hotel. I fast forwarded through most of it. They showed previews that had the castle in it but it wasn't really in the show. Brian walked by while I was watching and said "If you think I will be skipping around that fountain like that, you are crazy." It does look like a beautiful city.

Laurie

Okay....the last Backstage Magic group has traveled and John and I are home from our massive road trip.

This can only mean one thing....

As of Thursday, July 11th at 8:00pmish, the ABD Chat room goes GERMANY.

Danke schön for being patient.

Bitte schon come join us.

Okay....the last Backstage Magic group has traveled and John and I are home from our massive road trip.

Can't wait! Looking forward to Thursday night!
Jason

DH and I spent the weekend at WDW and on the way home I was going over the packing list and what is on the to-do list. I think UPS will be making a few stops at our house in the coming weeks.

Whoo-hoo!! Can't wait! I have been stuck at, I mean privileged to watch, baseball games every Wednesday so I have missed the regular chat for awhile now. I spent the holiday weekend poring over Samantha Brown and Rick Steves and that has me really excited to see the gorgeous countryside in person.

Laurie

We depart Friday on the red-eye for this adventure! Arriving one day early in Heidelberg. Hope to wander the city a bit and take a ride down the river before tour starts the next evening! SO excited!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We depart Friday on the red-eye for this adventure! Arriving one day early in Heidelberg. Hope to wander the city a bit and take a ride down the river before tour starts the next evening! SO excited!!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Have a blast!!!! And don't forget to fill us all in when you get back, especially about any tips for the on your own time!

Laurie

Güten Tag! Maybe I can get an IPad in Germany the has a ¬ symbol on the keyboard instead of a $ symbol. :rotfl2:

trying to log into chat and I get this:confused3
Login error: format error of the auth-url response
What an I doing wrong?

trying to log into chat and I get this:confused3
Login error: format error of the auth-url response
What an I doing wrong?

I had gotten that too when I first tried to log-in. I ended up clicking on the Facebook icon on the log-in page and getting in that way.

Jason

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter