DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

We saw him on our trip in June and he told us as well that he was probably going to retire when they shut it down also. He is so sweet and we just love the fact that he is a Disney Orig and one of the last to know Mr. Disney himself. Every time we go we love to talk to him and we have pictures with him also. I am def going to miss him AND cc!

I am hoping it will be open when we are there in Nov as I always have to go there for the potato soup and I like their breakfast as well!

We saw him on our trip in June and he told us as well that he was probably going to retire when they shut it down also. He is so sweet and we just love the fact that he is a Disney Orig and one of the last to know Mr. Disney himself. Every time we go we love to talk to him and we have pictures with him also. I am def going to miss him AND cc!

I am hoping it will be open when we are there in Nov as I always have to go there for the potato soup and I like their breakfast as well!

It's slated to close in January & reopen in the summer of 2012....so you should be good unless there's a major change. What I'm not sure of is whether they'll leave the Blue Ribbon Bakery open right up to the opening of the Jolly Holiday Bakery which will open in January.

Hola Ladies!! And any Gents who might be here too!!

Morning all!

Laurie I hope you had fun at Karoke and I hope Mike is enjoying his job!! The girls really enjoyed their first day although it started out pretty stressful like I was afraid it would. Having Shane here was NOT fun. He started yelling and being his normal self and it was ugly and I was pretty sad that what is normally a really fun day for the girls and I was once again ruined. But Katy got off and then we took Shelby and at the elementary they let the parents come in and walk around. In fact the PTC usually has coffee and such sitting out but we got there a bit early cuz we had to take Katy and her school starts quite a bit earlier than shelby's so we were one of the first there. We went in and checked Shelby's teacher and she got one of Katy's old teachers and she was happy about that as was I because I really like this gal. And it was really cute because both of the 5th grade teachers were dressed up like Lewis and Clark which I am hoping means they are in for a fun year! Anyway after we found out who her teacher was we just walked over and found her class and then just hung out till kids started arriving and she visited with them and then the teachers opened the room and we got to see her desk and such so it was nice. Next year when they are both in jr high that will be the end of that :(

Anyway then I went in to work and since mom was gone last week I didn't work Friday so I had a BUNCH of stuff to do and work is stressful as well so that is just one more thing I DON'T need on top of everything else so I didn't get to work on my own stuff. I came home and Shane is saying he is looking for a house but I KNOW he can't afford that and he isn't making a real big effort either so I don't know HOW long it will be till he is out of here and as of today he is STILL off work and don't know how long THAT is going to be so again MORE stress. The only good thing is he finally got his claim form for this week so at least they aren't stopping it. We still haven't heard on the overpayment.

So that is where things stand for now. If he doesn't find someplace soon though I am going to have to have my parents or a lawyer get involved cuz I don't want him using the fact that he is looking for something above his means as an excuse not to leave!

Anyway I hope everyone has a great day and today I am not sure what I am going to do. I really want to make calls but with him hanging out it is hard to do that.

Morning all!

Laurie I hope you had fun at Karoke and I hope Mike is enjoying his job!! The girls really enjoyed their first day although it started out pretty stressful like I was afraid it would. Having Shane here was NOT fun. He started yelling and being his normal self and it was ugly and I was pretty sad that what is normally a really fun day for the girls and I was once again ruined. But Katy got off and then we took Shelby and at the elementary they let the parents come in and walk around. In fact the PTC usually has coffee and such sitting out but we got there a bit early cuz we had to take Katy and her school starts quite a bit earlier than shelby's so we were one of the first there. We went in and checked Shelby's teacher and she got one of Katy's old teachers and she was happy about that as was I because I really like this gal. And it was really cute because both of the 5th grade teachers were dressed up like Lewis and Clark which I am hoping means they are in for a fun year! Anyway after we found out who her teacher was we just walked over and found her class and then just hung out till kids started arriving and she visited with them and then the teachers opened the room and we got to see her desk and such so it was nice. Next year when they are both in jr high that will be the end of that :(

Anyway then I went in to work and since mom was gone last week I didn't work Friday so I had a BUNCH of stuff to do and work is stressful as well so that is just one more thing I DON'T need on top of everything else so I didn't get to work on my own stuff. I came home and Shane is saying he is looking for a house but I KNOW he can't afford that and he isn't making a real big effort either so I don't know HOW long it will be till he is out of here and as of today he is STILL off work and don't know how long THAT is going to be so again MORE stress. The only good thing is he finally got his claim form for this week so at least they aren't stopping it. We still haven't heard on the overpayment.

So that is where things stand for now. If he doesn't find someplace soon though I am going to have to have my parents or a lawyer get involved cuz I don't want him using the fact that he is looking for something above his means as an excuse not to leave!

Anyway I hope everyone has a great day and today I am not sure what I am going to do. I really want to make calls but with him hanging out it is hard to do that.

Karoake is my stress relief, so it's usually fun for me....lets me forget all the sadness & stress we've had the last few weeks.

Mike's really liking his new job & is making changes to the cases & how things are done....sales have already started to rise!!! Hopefully he can get sales going, that store is pretty new & nice, but sales have been in the toilet for the meat dept. The last manager didn't even try & then until Mike was hired, an apprentice ran the shop......so it needed some fixing....so Mike is working on that & making lots of personal contact with customers to get input.

I'm glad the girls had a good first day....sorry the pre-school events didn't go smoother. :sad2: Hopefully some buddy of Shane's will move him in with them....I think that would be his only option at this point. Keeping fingers crossed that it happens sooner than later. :hug:

Hello and good morning;

That sounds wonderful for the people that shop Safeway. Not sure of anything worse then walking by the meat and seafood department when it smells and appears cases are in need of cleaning. I generally only shop Safeway for seafood and meats. I usually only shop from the fresh case where I can see both sides of meat and with seafood so I can smell it before I buy. I know I sound picky but fresh seafood is not cheap and I have no want to toss my money away. The Safeway where I shop should be the standard for other meat departments. Actually the whole store is wonderful. Remind Mike how customers love clean and smell free :).

Do you get to go every week to Karoke? I remember when it had not even hit the states yet. It was huge in Japan. Then soon there were Karoke spots in Hawaii as the Japanese vacation there even more then mainlanders do. Oh so long ago--- Dang this age thing is rearing it's ugly head again. I feel away time from kids makes for better parenting.

I hope all is going great with the kids. Grand son does not start school until 2 days after labor day. That is way it used to be when I was growing up but some how schools went to august start dates long time ago :(.

You know Kelly, Laurie has a good idea Shane could move home with family or with friends. Don't feel bad either-- remember back when we would have thought doing that was fun. Heck even kids now days only get so much room in a dorm and have to share or better yet they get 6- 8 friends and rent a house where they still share a bedroom. Guess it is just how you look at it.

I did not see if you still have your reservations for Oct. or not. I am sure moving is the big agenda now. I bet the kids will be excited :). Hope it is soon as driving back and forth to work is probably the pits. Just remind him it is alone time to regroup after and before work. I can hear it now I don't need down time I need a shorter commute time :).

Have great day each and all of you.
Patty

Hello and good morning;

That sounds wonderful for the people that shop Safeway. Not sure of anything worse then walking by the meat and seafood department when it smells and appears cases are in need of cleaning. I generally only shop Safeway for seafood and meats. I usually only shop from the fresh case where I can see both sides of meat and with seafood so I can smell it before I buy. I know I sound picky but fresh seafood is not cheap and I have no want to toss my money away. The Safeway where I shop should be the standard for other meat departments. Actually the whole store is wonderful. Remind Mike how customers love clean and smell free :).

Do you get to go every week to Karoke? I remember when it had not even hit the states yet. It was huge in Japan. Then soon there were Karoke spots in Hawaii as the Japanese vacation there even more then mainlanders do. Oh so long ago--- Dang this age thing is rearing it's ugly head again. I feel away time from kids makes for better parenting.

I hope all is going great with the kids. Grand son does not start school until 2 days after labor day. That is way it used to be when I was growing up but some how schools went to august start dates long time ago :(.

You know Kelly, Laurie has a good idea Shane could move home with family or with friends. Don't feel bad either-- remember back when we would have thought doing that was fun. Heck even kids now days only get so much room in a dorm and have to share or better yet they get 6- 8 friends and rent a house where they still share a bedroom. Guess it is just how you look at it.

I did not see if you still have your reservations for Oct. or not. I am sure moving is the big agenda now. I bet the kids will be excited :). Hope it is soon as driving back and forth to work is probably the pits. Just remind him it is alone time to regroup after and before work. I can hear it now I don't need down time I need a shorter commute time :).

Have great day each and all of you.
Patty

Hi Patty!!!

I try to get out every week for karaoke........I have the opportunity to go 4 different nights, but I don't want to go that much. Once a week is good, two times is a nice bonus!!!

I haven't canceled our dining ressies for October yet.....I'll do it in September....just not ready to cancel that yet. We don't have lodging booked, so if a miracle happened it would be last minute ressies for that. I'm pretty set at this point that the trip won't happen until February.

School starts the same time here....2 days after labor day....the 6-12th starts the day after (which is when we've always started...but 1-5th starts on Weds). I'm not sure I'd like my kids back in school in August.....kinda set in my ways....lol (and yes, old age has cause that!!) :rotfl2:

Evening everyone!!

Hope everyone had a good day today! The girls had a good 2nd day I think although I was in bed when they came home. I have had this stupid cough thing for the last few weeks and it has gotten to the point that I cough so hard I am getting bad headaches and today I went to the bank and I started coughing so bad I nearly threw up. THAT was embarrassing LOL.

But anyway I contacted a bunch of temp/employment agencies and spoke with some gals and sent in my apps as well as applied for some more jobs so we shall see what happens. And we are in the process of separating the bills and such.

For example he is going to have the Satellite transferred to wherever he moves since we are still under contract till Dec and it is in his name and that way I can get something cheaper. I found out I can get basic antennae for my tv through comcast for 15 bucks a month. That is pretty much all I have now but Directv is charging me 60! And then he also has a contract on our internet for 2 years but luckily it is a wireless modem that you can take with you so he is going to take that too and I am going to switch that to comcast as well and get it in my name.

But we have to work out the things like the car insurance, cell phone bill etc that are joint and get them split up etc.

As far as the housing situation he just does NOT get it. He said he didn't want to consider an apt because of his work truck and also because he wants the girls to have their own rooms but he is NOT thinking about the costs involved. I told him that since he will be coming over here quite a bit to take the girls to sports and such I would be willing to let him leave his work truck here and switch his vehicles out if it would make it so he would leave. I figure hopefully it will only be till he gets on his feet and can get a better situation down the road but I KNOW he won't move in with anyone. He has NO family around here and his only family he DOES have lives almost an hour away and they are considering moving back to wisconsin because they are losing their home. (foreclosure). I told him though I thought he could move into a 1 bed apt though and that I would give him our couch with the hidabed and when the girls came to visit they could sleep on that. But of course he thinks he is going to get them a lot more then I want them to go over there and therefore he thinks they need beds and their own rooms and on and on. So we are going to have a bit of a standoff there I fear.

STILL no word on when he is going back to work so who knows but like I said right now everything is just one day at a time. But I am going to have to give him an ultimatum if he doesn't start getting more serious by the end of the week.

Anyway on a positive note Katy has been wanting to quit soccer and do dance for a few years now and my mom said that if we found a class that she would pay for it since she pays for Shelby's piano lessons and it would only be fair since she doesn't pay for anything for Katy. Well she thought Katy could quit soccer and that is what Katy WANTED but Shane said no which again I thought was stupid. YES we did already pay the fee for the year BUT she really doesn't want to play and I think it is stupid to force her. She has been playing since she was 4 years old and never wanted to play this year as it was. We only signed her up because at the time we didn't think she could do dance and Shane is the coach of the soccer team and pretty much forced the issue.

So I found a ballet class that is on thurs nights so we are going to let her do it but he is going to insist she still play soccer as well. NOT too thrilled about that but at least she is going to get to do the dance. She is REALLY excited and at least after this season of soccer she is done!

Anyway that is what is new with me.

Hope you are all good!

That's too bad that you had to cancel the October trip. Here's my trip report:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2781879

Thanx Kaitlin....it's a bummer, but we'll get there....eventually!!!

I found your report....great job!!!

Evening everyone!!

Hope everyone had a good day today! The girls had a good 2nd day I think although I was in bed when they came home. I have had this stupid cough thing for the last few weeks and it has gotten to the point that I cough so hard I am getting bad headaches and today I went to the bank and I started coughing so bad I nearly threw up. THAT was embarrassing LOL.

But anyway I contacted a bunch of temp/employment agencies and spoke with some gals and sent in my apps as well as applied for some more jobs so we shall see what happens. And we are in the process of separating the bills and such.

For example he is going to have the Satellite transferred to wherever he moves since we are still under contract till Dec and it is in his name and that way I can get something cheaper. I found out I can get basic antennae for my tv through comcast for 15 bucks a month. That is pretty much all I have now but Directv is charging me 60! And then he also has a contract on our internet for 2 years but luckily it is a wireless modem that you can take with you so he is going to take that too and I am going to switch that to comcast as well and get it in my name.

But we have to work out the things like the car insurance, cell phone bill etc that are joint and get them split up etc.

As far as the housing situation he just does NOT get it. He said he didn't want to consider an apt because of his work truck and also because he wants the girls to have their own rooms but he is NOT thinking about the costs involved. I told him that since he will be coming over here quite a bit to take the girls to sports and such I would be willing to let him leave his work truck here and switch his vehicles out if it would make it so he would leave. I figure hopefully it will only be till he gets on his feet and can get a better situation down the road but I KNOW he won't move in with anyone. He has NO family around here and his only family he DOES have lives almost an hour away and they are considering moving back to wisconsin because they are losing their home. (foreclosure). I told him though I thought he could move into a 1 bed apt though and that I would give him our couch with the hidabed and when the girls came to visit they could sleep on that. But of course he thinks he is going to get them a lot more then I want them to go over there and therefore he thinks they need beds and their own rooms and on and on. So we are going to have a bit of a standoff there I fear.

STILL no word on when he is going back to work so who knows but like I said right now everything is just one day at a time. But I am going to have to give him an ultimatum if he doesn't start getting more serious by the end of the week.

Anyway on a positive note Katy has been wanting to quit soccer and do dance for a few years now and my mom said that if we found a class that she would pay for it since she pays for Shelby's piano lessons and it would only be fair since she doesn't pay for anything for Katy. Well she thought Katy could quit soccer and that is what Katy WANTED but Shane said no which again I thought was stupid. YES we did already pay the fee for the year BUT she really doesn't want to play and I think it is stupid to force her. She has been playing since she was 4 years old and never wanted to play this year as it was. We only signed her up because at the time we didn't think she could do dance and Shane is the coach of the soccer team and pretty much forced the issue.

So I found a ballet class that is on thurs nights so we are going to let her do it but he is going to insist she still play soccer as well. NOT too thrilled about that but at least she is going to get to do the dance. She is REALLY excited and at least after this season of soccer she is done!

Anyway that is what is new with me.

Hope you are all good!

Oh no, sorry to hear your starting to hack now.....booooooooo!!!

Sounds like you're making the right moves, now Shane needs to get real & get things figured out....he made this bed, he needs to sleep in it!!!

Yay for Katy....she'll probably love it (but it's not cheap, dance clothes & shoes...but did see on FB that your mom was covering that).......I hope she has fun!!!

Hello!

So today I woke up and had a bunch more listings about job stuff and I submitted some more apps but the one I am really excited about was one to the TSA. That is not something I normally would have ever thought about BUT it is a federal job which means benefits and probably some type of retirement which I DESPERATELY need!!

So I started the process and now it is just a waiting game.

I had to fax a bunch of stuff off about my VA status as it is supposed to help and I had to get another copy of my DD214 which is your discharge papers. I used to have my 201 file from when I was active duty but somehow in all my moving around it got displaced. Anyway so I did all that and then went to this costume shop and got Katy's leotard and tights and then after school I have to have her try on the shoes.

I also was waiting for info on her school pics and found out they are going to make them wear their uniforms to school and then they have to BRING her dress and change into it. SO stupid. I mean when Lynn went there they let them free dress for picture day at least! I am really not liking this stuid uniform policy. Esp since they changed it to the knee length thing and all that. It is going a little TOO overboard in my opinion. Plus I had bought her 5 shirts but I can see now that I am going to need to get more cuz I can't always get laundry done that quickly during the week and esp if I start working full time. So I went to the uniform store and they are only open a few times a week and at really odd hours. Pretty stupid if they REQUIRE uniforms and then don't have a store open so people can get to it.

Anyway so that was my busy day. After I get Katy from school I have to take her over to get her ballet shoes and get her registered for tomorrow night. Then this weekend we have our seeding tournament for soccer. That is going to be a LONG day. They have to play 5 different teams in one day.

Then on Sunday mom was invited to possibly go to SF on a boat trip and she asked if I wanted to go so I "may" be doing that. That would def be fun so hoping that works out!

That's bout it for me. Hope you all are having a good day!

Hello!

So today I woke up and had a bunch more listings about job stuff and I submitted some more apps but the one I am really excited about was one to the TSA. That is not something I normally would have ever thought about BUT it is a federal job which means benefits and probably some type of retirement which I DESPERATELY need!!

I had to fax a bunch of stuff off about my VA status as it is supposed to help and I had to get another copy of my DD214 which is your discharge papers. I used to have my 201 file from when I was active duty but somehow in all my moving around it got displaced. Anyway so I did all that and then went to this costume shop and got Katy's leotard and tights and then after school I have to have her try on the shoes.

I also was waiting for info on her school pics and found out they are going to make them wear their uniforms to school and then they have to BRING her dress and change into it. SO stupid. I mean when Lynn went there they let them free dress for picture day at least! I am really not liking this stuid uniform policy. Esp since they changed it to the knee length thing and all that. It is going a little TOO overboard in my opinion. Plus I had bought her 5 shirts but I can see now that I am going to need to get more cuz I can't always get laundry done that quickly during the week and esp if I start working full time. So I went to the uniform store and they are only open a few times a week and at really odd hours. Pretty stupid if they REQUIRE uniforms and then don't have a store open so people can get to it.

Anyway so that was my busy day. After I get Katy from school I have to take her over to get her ballet shoes and get her registered for tomorrow night. Then this weekend we have our seeding tournament for soccer. That is going to be a LONG day. They have to play 5 different teams in one day.

Then on Sunday mom was invited to possibly go to SF on a boat trip and she asked if I wanted to go so I "may" be doing that. That would def be fun so hoping that works out!

That job sounds fantastic!! I hope you get it......it would be a wonderful job & the benefits I imagine are nice!!! Good luck!!!!

Ewwww.....all the students pics will look the same.....LAME!!! So far we've lucked out on uniforms.....but I imagine at some point we may run into having them.....kinda hoping not!!

5 games is a lot for one day.....good thing they're young....lol

Boat trip to get away & relax for the day sounds like just what you need!!

Hello!

Kelly, this may sound silly but have you thought about Trader Joes? They have great benefits. They do applications online.

So Laurie, I am kind of laughing right now. I started planning another trip to DLR and it is in February again, if it holds. It will be over Valentines Day this time. It seems to be that it is the same difference in days again. I am sensing a theme here.

So Laurie, I am kind of laughing right now. I started planning another trip to DLR and it is in February again, if it holds. It will be over Valentines Day this time. It seems to be that it is the same difference in days again. I am sensing a theme here.

:sad1: No Michele.....not again!!!! :sad2: Please, please, please, please do it at the end of the month....it's only a couple weeks difference!!!! I'm begging ya!!!! :rotfl: :angel: Purdy Please???? :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter