DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

Oh Laurie this is so sad! I will DEF be praying for her!! I only wish I had been able to meet her this past year! Please keep me informed if you hear anything. I hope she makes a full recovery and they were able to catch it early and get her the ADP or whatever that drug is that you can give people early on in strokes to make it not so bad.

As far as me I appreciate it. My parents get back today thank goodness and I know they would like to just have everything go away and keep things simple but it just can't be that way unfortunately. He left all day yesterday came home for 5 mins and then left all night and still has not come home. Normally I could care less but given our money situation he has NO business going out galavanting and esp wasting gas when we have NO money coming in to pay bills! Plus I feel really put out when I am sitting here shut in with the girls unable to do anything or go anywhere because I don't want to spend an extra DIME and then he feels it is ok to just go off and do whatever! I can't live like that! I won't have him living here and just leaving me to take care of the kids and be a shut in while he goes off and has fun esp when we have NO money! Not going to happen. Plus he cut me off from our jt act. So nope he needs to go!

Anyway thanks so much for the support and I am DEF going to need it. It is going to be a rough road but I will figure something out!

He seems to be a bit selfish, and that's the one thing you give up when you have kids! I would be livid if Mike went out all night......he'd find his stuff in the front yard upon his return!! :rotfl: I'm glad your parents come home today & hopefully they can help you figure you your next move. (whats a jt acct?)

joint checking account. He makes 3 to 4 times what I do "when" he works and all his money goes into a joint account that we use to pay the household bills. We use that for rent, utilities and groceries and then he uses it for "his" stuff and then I have my acct that my checks go into and I use it for my visa card, my jc penney card which I use by the way to pay for a lot of the girls clothes and for my tablet bill (I have a thing LIKE an Ipad but way cheaper it is a cheap knockoff version and the monthly bill to use it is 30 bucks). I only bring home 800 bucks a month so I don't have much to work with as it is. But now since he has cut me off I am expected I guess to pay ALL the bills and buy groceries and take care of the girls on that little bit of money??? Until I can go to court and get something finalized I can't force him to give me anything and he cut me off from his income and once he leaves I have to pay the household bills by myself.

My parents can't help much other than on the rent and they can't do that for long cuz they already give me discounted rent as it is (they own this place) so it is a real issue. I looked up state assistance but basically I would have to make little to NO income at all to get any money. I may be able to get food stamps though. I am going to call tomorrow and find out.

But you are right VERY selfish. He doesn't care if we have nothing I guess. And he wants to try and take the girls away to so he doesn't have to give me any child support but I've got news I will not let that happen!

joint checking account. He makes 3 to 4 times what I do "when" he works and all his money goes into a joint account that we use to pay the household bills. We use that for rent, utilities and groceries and then he uses it for "his" stuff and then I have my acct that my checks go into and I use it for my visa card, my jc penney card which I use by the way to pay for a lot of the girls clothes and for my tablet bill (I have a thing LIKE an Ipad but way cheaper it is a cheap knockoff version and the monthly bill to use it is 30 bucks). I only bring home 800 bucks a month so I don't have much to work with as it is. But now since he has cut me off I am expected I guess to pay ALL the bills and buy groceries and take care of the girls on that little bit of money??? Until I can go to court and get something finalized I can't force him to give me anything and he cut me off from his income and once he leaves I have to pay the household bills by myself.

My parents can't help much other than on the rent and they can't do that for long cuz they already give me discounted rent as it is (they own this place) so it is a real issue. I looked up state assistance but basically I would have to make little to NO income at all to get any money. I may be able to get food stamps though. I am going to call tomorrow and find out.

But you are right VERY selfish. He doesn't care if we have nothing I guess. And he wants to try and take the girls away to so he doesn't have to give me any child support but I've got news I will not let that happen!

Wow.....that's crazy that he's blocked the joint account!! Holy moly that's gotta be tough to deal with the bills & rent.......I'd be freaking out!! Are any of those utilities in HIS name? I'd nail him with those....even if it means losing that utility (and sleeping at your moms for a few nights??).

I would think that you'd qualify for assistance.... $800 a month for 3 people isn't enough to pay rent, utilities & food. If they tell you it is....tell them to try it for a month & let you know how it goes,.....lol crazy!

Laurie, that is just awful. And I am praying for Vicki to make a full recovery. When I was in rehab from my stroke there were so many young people in there that just amazed me.

Kelly, I cannot say what I think here. I might get major points.:hug:

Laurie, that is just awful. And I am praying for Vicki to make a full recovery. When I was in rehab from my stroke there were so many young people in there that just amazed me.

Kelly, I cannot say what I think here. I might get major points.:hug:

Like I stated earlier....just don't think about strokes hitting young people.....but I'm sure it happens quite often. Sad..........

How long were you in rehab?? Just curious what kind of timeline is average.

Like I stated earlier....just don't think about strokes hitting young people.....but I'm sure it happens quite often. Sad..........

How long were you in rehab?? Just curious what kind of timeline is average.

Well, honestly I was in the hospital for 5 months and one week. The first month I couldn't do rehab, then they slowly started me doing exercises. So figure four months of in hospital rehab and then I had the post hospital rehab. I spent around three months in two different rehab centers where they had to reteach me to walk and to get movement back in my right hand and arm. I was very lucky with my stroke, when I went to my last rehab center I was one of the few that didn't have to take any classes for speech. I had two different classes that I didn't have to take so I got extra physical therapy. Those were some hard classes.

Well, honestly I was in the hospital for 5 months and one week. The first month I couldn't do rehab, then they slowly started me doing exercises. So figure four months of in hospital rehab and then I had the post hospital rehab. I spent around three months in two different rehab centers where they had to reteach me to walk and to get movement back in my right hand and arm. I was very lucky with my stroke, when I went to my last rehab center I was one of the few that didn't have to take any classes for speech. I had two different classes that I didn't have to take so I got extra physical therapy. Those were some hard classes.

Wow....I had no idea that it would be that long.....Pretty much lose about a 1/2 year of your life in rehab then. So glad she doesn't have kids.....I imagine it was hard on your 3 (and Scotty). :hug:

Wow....I had no idea that it would be that long.....Pretty much lose about a 1/2 year of your life in rehab then. So glad she doesn't have kids.....I imagine it was hard on your 3 (and Scotty). :hug:

Yeah it was pretty rough. I was in the hospital over Kacy's 8th grade graduation, and I was still in the hospital when she started high school. Kody was the end of 7th and the beginning of 8th. Loren was ending elementary and starting middle school. Scotty for the first month or more was constantly at the hospital. I was in a drug stupor so I lost a month, I remember going into the er on April 4 and then my mom telling me that my grandpa died on April 24th.

Towards the end of May they transferred me out of area so they had to drive over an hour to see me. My mom brought the kids everyday. On the days that Scotty worked he couldn't come down but we talked everyday.

I was never supposed to walk again, they figured I would never go home. Well, I am home, I walk and I have recovered full use of my right hand and arm. I had a walker when I left the hospital and then they upgraded me to the cane. I "lost" the cane and I started walking without it. I wouldn't stop until I recovered.

There were more medical things that I won't bore you with but it was a tough recovery and I thank the Lord everyday for being here.

Yeah it was pretty rough. I was in the hospital over Kacy's 8th grade graduation, and I was still in the hospital when she started high school. Kody was the end of 7th and the beginning of 8th. Loren was ending elementary and starting middle school. Scotty for the first month or more was constantly at the hospital. I was in a drug stupor so I lost a month, I remember going into the er on April 4 and then my mom telling me that my grandpa died on April 24th.

Towards the end of May they transferred me out of area so they had to drive over an hour to see me. My mom brought the kids everyday. On the days that Scotty worked he couldn't come down but we talked everyday.

I was never supposed to walk again, they figured I would never go home. Well, I am home, I walk and I have recovered full use of my right hand and arm. I had a walker when I left the hospital and then they upgraded me to the cane. I "lost" the cane and I started walking without it. I wouldn't stop until I recovered.

There were more medical things that I won't bore you with but it was a tough recovery and I thank the Lord everyday for being here.

Oh man.....You can't get back any of that time lost, but thank God you're here for them now!!!!! Way to show those doctors what's what!!!!!! I truly believe that part of the healing process is in the mind of the person...if they want it bad enough....they'll get it, no matter what!!

Oh man.....You can't get back any of that time lost, but thank God you're here for them now!!!!! Way to show those doctors what's what!!!!!! I truly believe that part of the healing process is in the mind of the person...if they want it bad enough....they'll get it, no matter what!!

I believe that I owe it all to the Lord and the prayers that people sent. Scotty had friends who got people praying. People from all over the world that I had never met who cared enough to pray. That and I am a very stubborn person.

I believe that I owe it all to the Lord and the prayers that people sent. Scotty had friends who got people praying. People from all over the world that I had never met who cared enough to pray. That and I am a very stubborn person.

:thumbsup2

Wow Kaoden I am sorry you had to go through all that and with young children at home. I have heard rehab is very taxing.

My heart also goes out to Vickies mom. We never want to see our children suffer. I pray every night for a quick recovery for Vickie.

Take care you all ---

Kelly I am sorry for what is happening right now in your life. I hope you and the girls will be strong through this.

Laurie, I hope the heat is not making you to miserable. Someone told me with Fibro that heat can make things worse :(. Let us know how first day at new job goes for husband. Hate to see he will be commuting for a bit :(. Wishing him a safe trip each day :).

Patty

Morning all!

Wow Michelle I had no idea you had gone through such an ordeal! You are truly amazing to have gone through that and recovered so amazingly! You are so right that the power of prayer is truly an amazing thing! How blessed you and your family are that you have made such an amazing recovery!!

Laurie how was Mike's first day?? I hope he is liking his new job and the commute isn't too much of a pain!

Thanks Patty for the well wishes. Right now we are just trying to get through each day at a time. I told him yesterday that he needs to leave and we have been discussing how it is going to work. I told him that I would like to do a legal separation so that I can at LEAST retain my medical benefits. He doesn't have to pay for them his company does but he knows that I have a LOT of medical issues with several daily meds and it wouldn't do anything for him to take me off or leave me on so hopefully we can work that out. He thinks he is going to go get a house to rent but I know that is NOT going to work. We pay 700 a month to my parents for this place and you can't even get an apt for that here. Plus we only pay partial utilities because we just plain don't make enough money. Now if he thinks he is going to be able to go get himself a place that is going to cost MORE than here there is no way! But he is just going to have to figure that out on his own I guess.

Today my task is going to be to have to call social services and see what I qualify for and then about jobs. I have tried the normal way but NOTHING is like it used to be. I worked for years before I had the girls and always just looked in the want ads etc and it is just NOT like that anymore. There is no newspaper ads anymore and when I go to online sites such as craigslist and such I have had problems trying to submit resumes.

I didn't even HAVE an up to date resume so I had to try and reinvent one and I have been applying for everything under the sun that I thought I qualified for but I haven't even gotten so much as a no thanks. So it is nerve wracking. I used to do temp work and that was a way to get your foot in the door but I am not even sure if they still do that anymore.

So I will def be exploring my options today.

Anyway today is the girls first day and I am already stressed out cuz of course Shane is home and this is usually a really fun day for the girls and I and Katy is already really nervous and going crazy and now Shane is home and to be honest he is ruining it. He is acting like a jerk and I just wish he was NOT here. This is a special day for us and we usually make a fun day of it and I go with the girls and we meet the teachers and walk around and I take pics and now he is saying he wants to go and he has been walking around here talking down to me like he always does and just ruining the day like he ALWAYS does. All I can say is once I leave for work today he BETTER use the day to start looking for a place to live!!!!!

Morning all!

Wow Michelle I had no idea you had gone through such an ordeal! You are truly amazing to have gone through that and recovered so amazingly! You are so right that the power of prayer is truly an amazing thing! How blessed you and your family are that you have made such an amazing recovery!!

Laurie how was Mike's first day?? I hope he is liking his new job and the commute isn't too much of a pain!

Thanks Patty for the well wishes. Right now we are just trying to get through each day at a time. I told him yesterday that he needs to leave and we have been discussing how it is going to work. I told him that I would like to do a legal separation so that I can at LEAST retain my medical benefits. He doesn't have to pay for them his company does but he knows that I have a LOT of medical issues with several daily meds and it wouldn't do anything for him to take me off or leave me on so hopefully we can work that out. He thinks he is going to go get a house to rent but I know that is NOT going to work. We pay 700 a month to my parents for this place and you can't even get an apt for that here. Plus we only pay partial utilities because we just plain don't make enough money. Now if he thinks he is going to be able to go get himself a place that is going to cost MORE than here there is no way! But he is just going to have to figure that out on his own I guess.

Today my task is going to be to have to call social services and see what I qualify for and then about jobs. I have tried the normal way but NOTHING is like it used to be. I worked for years before I had the girls and always just looked in the want ads etc and it is just NOT like that anymore. There is no newspaper ads anymore and when I go to online sites such as craigslist and such I have had problems trying to submit resumes.

I didn't even HAVE an up to date resume so I had to try and reinvent one and I have been applying for everything under the sun that I thought I qualified for but I haven't even gotten so much as a no thanks. So it is nerve wracking. I used to do temp work and that was a way to get your foot in the door but I am not even sure if they still do that anymore.

So I will def be exploring my options today.

Anyway today is the girls first day and I am already stressed out cuz of course Shane is home and this is usually a really fun day for the girls and I and Katy is already really nervous and going crazy and now Shane is home and to be honest he is ruining it. He is acting like a jerk and I just wish he was NOT here. This is a special day for us and we usually make a fun day of it and I go with the girls and we meet the teachers and walk around and I take pics and now he is saying he wants to go and he has been walking around here talking down to me like he always does and just ruining the day like he ALWAYS does. All I can say is once I leave for work today he BETTER use the day to start looking for a place to live!!!!!

Keeping you in my prayers Kelly, that a job will come your way, Shane will move on & you & the girls can start fresh. How are the girls doing?? Do they know what's going on?? Such a hard age for this to happen.....my dad moved out on my 12th birthday (during my party)....he figured it would be easier to do it while I was distracted.....yeah, easier for him. I was devistated when I realized my dad was gone when the party ended. The thing that is going to be very hard for you to do is to NOT bad talk their dad to them. They shouldn't be put in the middle & should never hear all the details, etc. My mom made the mistake of saying some things & I've never gotten over it. The girls mental stability during all of this will hinge on how you handle it in front of them. It will be hard not to spit some stuff out, but remember they are children & not your bff's......they need to stay innocent. It will be hard enough for them. (ok, done preaching here........just know from experience & years of counseling) :hug:

Mike's job went well.....he's already making some changes. First thing he did yesterday was go out to the case & pull packages that didn't look good or were ready to be reduced......he emptied 3/4's of the case. He has his work cut out for him.....but I think he's going to up the sales at that store!!! :woohoo: The commute is busy, as we figured....so I hope he won't have to do that very long.

Now back to some trip news:

Main Street is making some changes that will affect the Feb. Trip!! The Blue Ribbon will be moving into the what was being used as the AP Processing Center. This will allow them to add more space, an extended menu & offer seating!!! The "Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe is set to open in January....so it will be a "new" place to check out!!! With the bakery space coming open, The Carnation Cafe will be closing to refurb & move into that space to offer indoor & outdoor seating!! This is definitely needed!! Unfortunately, it will be closed during the trip. Kinda sad about that, as this is usually our ONLY non-character breakfast we do. (also worried about Oscar being off work for that long) The Gibson Girl Ice Cream & Candy Palace will both be closing to expand & reopening in the spring......who knows about this....kinda think both will be closed during this time.....probably will open late March...just before spring breakers arrive.

So very excited to see these changes, but sad that they'll be closed while we're there.

Laurie -

Just wanted to pop in for a hot minute to comment about Oscar. Oscar may, possibly, be retiring or cutting his hours way back when the Carnation expansion happens.

This Carnation Cafe expansion is actually a re-expansion. It used to occupy the area where Blue Ribbon Bakery is now, in addition to that outdoor section. Also, the menu at Carnation Cafe was much larger (more options, more entrees, more desserts) at that time and it was open for dinner more often than it is now.

In the latter part of the 1990's, DLR decided to (foolishly) hack off the indoor part of Carnation's seating, add in Blue Ribbon Bakery and cut off a lot of choices from the Carnation menu. Basically, smaller restaurant = smaller menu.

So our wonderful DIS'er, deejdigsdis, found out on her trip to DLR a few months ago that Oscar may retire or cut his hours back when Carnation closes for the re-expansion. He told her this while she was dining at Carnation Cafe. He said it may be the right time for him to retire.

I assume that when Carnation re-expands, the menu will get larger again, too, and there will be extended hours, with more dinner hours than what's offered now. (Right now, dinner is only during extremely busy seasons, on weekends, not during rain, that kind of thing - not often.) This will likely mean that at least a couple more chefs are needed.

Whether or not Oscar will decide to stay is a mystery, I guess.

I would suggest that anyone who dines at DLR between now and when Carnation closes in January for the re-expansion should ask Oscar what his plans are! Maybe we can get an update directly from him! If I happen to eat there before the end of the year (last year I didn't eat there at all, for some reason), I will try to find out what the scoop is.

Laurie -

Just wanted to pop in for a hot minute to comment about Oscar. Oscar may, possibly, be retiring or cutting his hours way back when the Carnation expansion happens.

This Carnation Cafe expansion is actually a re-expansion. It used to occupy the area where Blue Ribbon Bakery is now, in addition to that outdoor section. Also, the menu at Carnation Cafe was much larger (more options, more entrees, more desserts) at that time and it was open for dinner more often than it is now.

In the latter part of the 1990's, DLR decided to (foolishly) hack off the indoor part of Carnation's seating, add in Blue Ribbon Bakery and cut off a lot of choices from the Carnation menu. Basically, smaller restaurant = smaller menu.

So our wonderful DIS'er, deejdigsdis, found out on her trip to DLR a few months ago that Oscar may retire or cut his hours back when Carnation closes for the re-expansion. He told her this while she was dining at Carnation Cafe. He said it may be the right time for him to retire.

I assume that when Carnation re-expands, the menu will get larger again, too, and there will be extended hours, with more dinner hours than what's offered now. (Right now, dinner is only during extremely busy seasons, on weekends, not during rain, that kind of thing - not often.) This will likely mean that at least a couple more chefs are needed.

Whether or not Oscar will decide to stay is a mystery, I guess.

I would suggest that anyone who dines at DLR between now and when Carnation closes in January for the re-expansion should ask Oscar what his plans are! Maybe we can get an update directly from him! If I happen to eat there before the end of the year (last year I didn't eat there at all, for some reason), I will try to find out what the scoop is.

This really doesn't surprise me.....he was saying he was getting tired when we were there in March. I had mentioned missing him the trip prior, it was a weekend day & he said "Oh, I don't work weekends, I pick my hours".....lol He's such a sweet man, but will be greatly missed when he retires!!! I'm sorry I'm not getting there in October now to see him & get one more pic with him.

This is my all time favorite picture of him:

0107.jpg

This really doesn't surprise me.....he was saying he was getting tired when we were there in March. I had mentioned missing him the trip prior, it was a weekend day & he said "Oh, I don't work weekends, I pick my hours".....lol He's such a sweet man, but will be greatly missed when he retires!!! I'm sorry I'm not getting there in October now to see him & get one more pic with him.

This is my all time favorite picture of him:

0107.jpg

That's a great picture! What a sweet man. Was that taken right when DL opened? I love that the CM's stand there with their gloves and wave! I think that is such a nice touch to welcome guests into the park! It puts a smile on your face, doesn't it?

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Oscar! I've eaten at CC so many times, but I've never seen him come out to talk to people. Now I see why - because I am usually there on a weekend day and he doesn't work weekends! Now it makes sense why I have never seen him!

And last year I had a few weekdays at DLR - I was almost going to eat breakfast (solo) at Carnation Cafe on one of those weekdays and I could have met Oscar, but I didn't do it.

So this means that on this upcoming holiday trip - and there will be lots of weekdays in my trip - I must make a point of eating at Carnation at least once, just so I can go and meet this lovely man that everyone has spoken so highly of! I want to meet him once before he leaves (though, with any luck, maybe they will beg him to stay and he won't leave completely)!

That's a great picture! What a sweet man. Was that taken right when DL opened? I love that the CM's stand there with their gloves and wave! I think that is such a nice touch to welcome guests into the park! It puts a smile on your face, doesn't it?

I have never had the pleasure of meeting Oscar! I've eaten at CC so many times, but I've never seen him come out to talk to people. Now I see why - because I am usually there on a weekend day and he doesn't work weekends! Now it makes sense why I have never seen him!

And last year I had a few weekdays at DLR - I was almost going to eat breakfast (solo) at Carnation Cafe on one of those weekdays and I could have met Oscar, but I didn't do it.

So this means that on this upcoming holiday trip - and there will be lots of weekdays in my trip - I must make a point of eating at Carnation at least once, just so I can go and meet this lovely man that everyone has spoken so highly of! I want to meet him once before he leaves (though, with any luck, maybe they will beg him to stay and he won't leave completely)!

Yes that was taken at opening when the CM's lined the sidewalks, waved & said hello!! It really is a nice touch!!!

You've never met him?? I figured you had.....so yes.....GO during the weekdays for breakfast....it will be your best shot at meeting him!!

Very nice man who has a very long history at the parks (not opening but close). Iconic & would be nice to see a "shout out" somewhere on Main Street for him (a window, at the newly refurbed restaurant, something). Will be sad to eat there when he leaves....... :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter