DIS Divas, Take Two & Tyler....WooHoo!! COMPLETED!...OVER 1400 PICS!!

Good morning all! Just thought I would pop in and say howdy!!

I am off today to my apt (Laurie I will pm you either here or on FB and let you know how it went when I get back ;) )

Yesterday the girls and I were super bored and since we only have a few precious days of summer left we decided to go see Planet of the Apes. It was pretty good. I always liked the orig ones and Shelby is obsessed with monkeys LOL.

Then tomorrow Shane is going to a golf tournament through his work so the girls and I have the whole day together and although we just SAW a movie they really want to see Mr. Popper's Penguins and it is playing at the dollar movies at the mall so we may go see that one as well.

I really want to rent some movies as I haven't done that in a LONG time but there are SO many I haven't seen it will prob get pretty spendy LOL.

My parents are out of town till Sunday so I am still going over there twice a day to feed the cats and water the plants but otherwise just anxious for the next few days to get over with. Ready for school to start and ready for shane to get back to work! He thinks he should be back on Monday! STILL haven't heard anything for UE either way. Haven't gotten his current claim form but also haven't heard a determination on the overpayment either so we shall see I guess.

Anyway that is about all that is new with me.

I hope you had fun at Karoke and I saw that you got some more donations for your walk so that is awesome!

I just realized the other day that now that you aren't coming we won't be meeting for dinner on your way down :( And since you are doing your family trip on the end of the ladies trip will I get to see you guys at all? Are you going to be driving home from that? I can't remember what you said. If so I hope you guys have time to stop on your way through Sac but if not I understand. I know sometimes it doesn't always work out.

If so thought would def love to see you guys since I have NO idea when we will get to see eachother again. Don't think I will be doing the ladies trips any time soon.

The girls have a 4 day weekend in Jan and mom and I are talking now about taking the somewhere then so that would def rule out going this year but then I pretty much had already done that anyway LOL.

Then this summer mom is talking about a non-disney trip prob the first part of June. She really wants to do a cruise so not sure if that will happen but I would def like to do one. Never been so it would be fun. And then at this point our plans are not to go back to Disney till end of Dec begin of Jan 2012/2013. So LONG time from now!

Anyway let me know what you guys are going to do cuz if there is a chance to meet up on your way through would love to do that!

Have a great day and will talk to you when I get home. :)

Morning Kelly!!
Good luck at the apt.....hope things go well & you get some answers!

We will see you on our way home.......we'd be coming back on a Saturday & will make Sac our stop. Since we're leaving Anaheim on Sat & need to be home on Sun....we'll not be stopping in Torrance for the night to see my brother. I figure if we were going to stop Sac on the way down that stopping there on the way back would work out nicely. It could be a very late dinner though......so maybe a Sunday breakfast meet up?? lol

Hope you & the girls have a fun day tomorrow!!!

So last night I went to karaoke at the Eagle Lodge. I had submitted a letter to the Trustees 4 weeks ago asking permission to do some fundraising (50/50 drawing, bring in goodies for donations or a flat donation from the Aerie itself)......no one ever got back to me, even after I checked back in a few times. So last night, I finally got a hold of the right 2 guys. They were shocked that nothing had been done & one of them were a trustee. He had never seen the letter. So they decided to throw together a 50/50 drawing for me. They used a deck of cards, including the jokers....so 54 cards. $27 to winner, $27 to Autism Speaks. The deck sold in less than 20 mins. We did the drawing & the man that won, gave me his winnings!! :woohoo: So $54!!!! The crowd wanted to do it again, so they went out & sold the 54 cards. We did the drawing & guess what......the same guy won!!! This time he kept $15 of his winnings, so we got our $27 plus the extra $12.....so from the 2 drawings we made $93 !!!!! :banana: I had 3 people also offer me a donations, totalling $45.....so we came home with $138 for our walk!! :cool1: The Eagles motto is "People helping People" & they definately came through for us!!!! The trustee that spearheaded the drawings also is still going to try & get us a donation from the lodge itself at the Tuesday night meeting. I'll let you know if we get a donation!!!!

Right now Mike & I have met our goal of $150, Marie is $75 away from her goal, & Tyler & Nick are $90 each away.....we have 8 days left....I wonder if we'll each reach our goals!! The $150 amt is so we can get a walkday t-shirt. Message me if you'd like to help out!! :thumbsup2

Yay! Well whatever works for you guys! I will meet you with the girls wherever whenever. And congrats again!

Hey Laurie just wanted to check in and say that my apt was not very fullfilling. I won't get into it but it was NOT what I really wanted to hear. The things he told me were pretty bleak and not exactly what I want to have to do so I am still mulling things over about my options. We can talk later but it was pretty dissapointing. But anyway I came back home and STILL no UE papers AND Shane is STILL off on Monday so my stress level is not getting any better!

I am just living for back to school right now. I am excited for the girls although Katy still needs a bunch of supplies and her school pics are on Friday so the thought of having to spend money with none coming in is giving me major heartburn. Plus we were going to try and go to the dollar movies but I think that is out now. :(

I hope you had a good day at least and hope all is well with you and everyone else!

Hey Laurie just wanted to check in and say that my apt was not very fullfilling. I won't get into it but it was NOT what I really wanted to hear. The things he told me were pretty bleak and not exactly what I want to have to do so I am still mulling things over about my options. We can talk later but it was pretty dissapointing. But anyway I came back home and STILL no UE papers AND Shane is STILL off on Monday so my stress level is not getting any better!

I am just living for back to school right now. I am excited for the girls although Katy still needs a bunch of supplies and her school pics are on Friday so the thought of having to spend money with none coming in is giving me major heartburn. Plus we were going to try and go to the dollar movies but I think that is out now. :(

I hope you had a good day at least and hope all is well with you and everyone else!

Well rats Kelly.....I was hoping you'd come away inspired from your appt....your situation is frustrating & not ideal by any means....but when you're told you don't have many choices....it does make the situation seem bleak. :hug::sad2: I'm so sorry!!

When it rains it pours.....kinda how it feels around here. Derek took his car in this morning because he started having probs last night.....well the spark plug had fallen out....easy fix!! So yay.....until they replaced it, started it up & it shot across the shop. The threads are gone that holds it in place...so basically his car is "garbage" as they put it. We don't have money to help, he lives out of town, he works in town, his school is in a different town (close) but no bus service. So we're all pulling our hair out trying to figure out how to fix this. If we had gotten our check.....we'd be able to do something....just makes me hopping mad at H&R Block again!!! :headache:

We're financially just hanging on by a toenail & grocery shopping this week allowed me $50 to cover a weeks worth of food. Frustrated & really needed a little relief.

Things could be worse......so I'm thankful, the utilities got paid this week & we're not showering in cold water......but I'm ready to have my head above the water for a while!!

I'm not buying school clothes or supplies at this point.....the kids really need shoes, but don't see that happening right away either. Oh well.......showing up is the most important!!

No big plans for the weekend.....Mike starts Sunday morning at the new job & has to get up at 5am....so he's not going to our 2 a month outing for karaoke Saturday......I'm getting a ride with a friend....but will miss having Mike there!!

Wow, Laurie a lot has been going on in your thread!

:cool1: for Mike starting on Sunday. Sorry H&R Blocks mess up has left you in a pinch, but it loofs like thing will get better right around the corner. :goodvibes

Kelly - sorry things are so rough for you and hope and pray the sun smiles upon you and your family soon :cool2:.

Well, it looks like we are going to have to cancel our trip as well :headache: I got sick with an intestinal infection :sick: and DH had to use his vacation time to take care of me, the kids and house. But I'm not sure when I can reschedule the trip as it depends on my acceptance to Nursing school. So now the wait begins.

Kris

Wow, Laurie a lot has been going on in your thread!

:cool1: for Mike starting on Sunday. Sorry H&R Blocks mess up has left you in a pinch, but it loofs like thing will get better right around the corner. :goodvibes

Kelly - sorry things are so rough for you and hope and pray the sun smiles upon you and your family soon :cool2:.

Well, it looks like we are going to have to cancel our trip as well :headache: I got sick with an intestinal infection :sick: and DH had to use his vacation time to take care of me, the kids and house. But I'm not sure when I can reschedule the trip as it depends on my acceptance to Nursing school. So now the wait begins.

Kris

Oh no Kris.....that's terrible!! :sad1: I'm sorry you have to cancel too!!!!! :hug: I hope you're feeling better!!!!!

Good luck on the nursing school......are you in a "lottery" to get in?? Seems like a lot of places do that since there is a huge demand to get into that program. I hope you get accepted!!!! :woohoo:

Mike's excited about starting the new job & I know the money's just around the corner....but's it's been around that corner messing around for over 4 months....not sure this mama is gonna be happy if it loiters there for another 2-3 mths!! lol :rotfl: Not much we can do is just hold on & hope we stay afloat!

Morning all!

Laurie that stinks about Derek's car! You are so right when it rains it def does pour!

Yeah I was pretty bummed about yesterday. I have so many people trying to give me "advice" but in reality it is just not as simple as that. We have a very complicated situation and it is just plain not as simple as what people think. I have to put my girls first and foremost and do what is best for them and with our money issues things are just really tough. When my parents get back we are going to talk some more about options but it is just tough all the way round. And then as I said at this point I have NO idea when he is going back to work and we went out this morning and STILL no UE stuff. I am sure eventually we will get SOMETHING about his current claim one way or the other. Either a reg claim or denying it but still the waiting is frustrating and of course this next week is when rent is due and all our big bills so it is pretty frustrating.

I was able to go online though and find out what supplies Katy needed. Someone said to go on the school's website and check each teacher's site and sure enough they each had a list plus the school itself had a list and I was able to compile a total list and a lot of the stuff was duplicated so the list was not NEARLY as big as shelby's and we went to walmart and I only spent 30 bucks. I spent 120 and shelby's stuff so that was a relief! I still need to find some folders for Katy that they didn't have and there is nothing saying that she won't go to school and they might say she needs something else but for now I think we are good so that was def a big relief!

Kris thanks for the well wishes and I am so sorry about you having to cancel your trip! I hope you start feeling better!! And good luck on the nursing school!

The girls and I are just hanging out at home the rest of the weekend watching tv which is about all we CAN do but it is nice just to spend time with the three of us!

Hope you all are having a good weekend!

Your situation is not black & white.......so as helpful as some of your friends are trying to be....unless they are in your shoes....it's very hard to understand everything involved. I try to be supportive, but again....I'm not there & know you're making decisions that are best for all those involved!!

So we've had some tragedies this week. The North Bend/Coos Bay area were Mike was a paramedic for 10 yrs lost 3 young people in auto accidents. The first accident claimed the lives of a 15 & 18 yr old. Our son Tyler's ex-girlfriend was very close to the 18yr old. Then I heard about another fatal yesterday....the names were familiar, but when looking at pics of the family....wasn't putting it all together to being someone we knew. A 19 yr old was killed when he hit a semi, his dad was in the car with him & survived. The dad was a co-worker of Mikes!! I didn't realize that his son wasn't from the ex-wife I knew.....he had been married prior to her. So that's where the confusion came in.

Bay Cities Ambulance has had it's share of pain.......when we lived down there, Mike had a co-worker, who'se daughter commited suicide. It was devistating....she was 18yrs old. Another co-worker's son commited suicide here about a year ago....he was also around that age. And now this co-workers son who was 19yrs old. They had a spouse of a coworker & an employee die here over the last couple years.

So hard when you live in a small area like that.......worst nightmare for any paramedic is to pull up on someone's kid, family member or coworker. I pray for those families that had losses this week. Seems so unfair to lose those so young. God has a plan....but somedays you have to wonder what it possibly could be. :confused::sad1:

Thanks Laurie I knew you would understand. It's not that I don't appreciate EVERYTHING that everyone is saying and I know they want the best for me and BELIEVE me I truly appreciate it but like you said it is hard when people aren't in my shoes and I know when you are looking in from the outside it is a lot easier to say oh well why don't you just leave or go to a shelter or what have you but that is not always the best choice. I have to think about ALL my options and what is truly the best all around decision even if it is not necessarily what is best for me personally. That is why I really appreciate talking to you cuz you get it and don't judge or don't try to suggest things and then get frustrated when I can't do them. I think a lot of my other friends see me having issues and don't know why I can't just do something but it is not always that simple.

Anyway that is AWFUL about what is going on in Coo's County! How tragic! That is one of my WORST nightmares is to lose a child!

My prayers go out to those families!!

Thanks Laurie I knew you would understand. It's not that I don't appreciate EVERYTHING that everyone is saying and I know they want the best for me and BELIEVE me I truly appreciate it but like you said it is hard when people aren't in my shoes and I know when you are looking in from the outside it is a lot easier to say oh well why don't you just leave or go to a shelter or what have you but that is not always the best choice. I have to think about ALL my options and what is truly the best all around decision even if it is not necessarily what is best for me personally. That is why I really appreciate talking to you cuz you get it and don't judge or don't try to suggest things and then get frustrated when I can't do them. I think a lot of my other friends see me having issues and don't know why I can't just do something but it is not always that simple.

Anyway that is AWFUL about what is going on in Coo's County! How tragic! That is one of my WORST nightmares is to lose a child!

My prayers go out to those families!!

Thanx Kelly!! :hug: Just found out a little more info.....they had just spent the evening with Jason's dad as he passed away. He died one hour before Tyler. Just absolutely tragic!!!! Jason's ex-mother in law, lost her dad 9 days before the grandson.....so a lot of people in pain down there & there's absolutely nothing we can do. Just breaks my heart.

Asking for prayers for one of our Divas!! Vicki was one of our newbies for this year's trip & I had the pleasure of getting to know her over dinner with Michelle & Jessica. The 4 of us did the World of Color dining package at Ariel's Grotto & then the show. We got word last night that she suffered a stroke about a week ago.

Photo0069FourBySix.jpg

Vicki get better quick....the Mariner's need their number #1 fan in the stands!!!!! Our thoughts & prayers are with you!!!

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Vicki but I will defiantly keep her in my prayers.:hug:

Oh my gosh Laurie that is terrible. I saw this on FB! She looks really young! Does she have some type of pre-existing condition that would cause her to have this? That is just terrible!! My prayers are def with her and her family!! How old is she? So sad and I hope it is minor!

Things got really ugly again yesterday. Don't want to get into it but I am afraid that I am going to have to take it to the next level even though that is NOT what I wanted to do. He is leaving me no choice and it is going to get REALLY ugly and really hard but I feel like I have no more options. I just can't take any more crap though so I guess it is going to have to get even worse before it gets better if that is even possible :(

Laurie - I am still in shock also! Vicki was a teammate for the scavy hunt and was in great shape and a wonderful lady! Hoping for a speedy recovery

Kelly - so sorry to hear about your situation. Pixie dust and lots of strength to you to get through a difficult time! pixiedust:

I have not had the pleasure of meeting Vicki but I will defiantly keep her in my prayers.:hug:

Thanx Jillian!! :hug:

Oh my gosh Laurie that is terrible. I saw this on FB! She looks really young! Does she have some type of pre-existing condition that would cause her to have this? That is just terrible!! My prayers are def with her and her family!! How old is she? So sad and I hope it is minor!

Things got really ugly again yesterday. Don't want to get into it but I am afraid that I am going to have to take it to the next level even though that is NOT what I wanted to do. He is leaving me no choice and it is going to get REALLY ugly and really hard but I feel like I have no more options. I just can't take any more crap though so I guess it is going to have to get even worse before it gets better if that is even possible :(

I have no clue if she had some medical condition prior......if she did, she didn't mention it to me. She's 35(?) or will be 35 in Nov. We didn't get many details. I'm just in shock over the news & really hope we get more details. She's a very sweet gal who has a huge love for the Mariners. She has season tickets & follows them to spring training. I wish missing her posts about the games, but thought maybe she was on vacation.....had no clue it was because she was in the hospital.

Oh Kelly.....I'm so sorry!! :hug: When does your mom get home?? I know bouncing things off her will help! I wish I was closer...... Love to you my friend!!

Laurie - I am still in shock also! Vicki was a teammate for the scavy hunt and was in great shape and a wonderful lady! Hoping for a speedy recovery

Kelly - so sorry to hear about your situation. Pixie dust and lots of strength to you to get through a difficult time! pixiedust:

Hi Bridget.....I know....she's young, good shape, non-smoker & from what I saw, a non-drinker.....so really shocking!!! She's way to young!!! I hope they figure out what caused it & can get it fixed. I really hope we get an update on how she's doing. The last couple days we've had so much sad news, that I'd like to get some encouraging news!!

Oh Laurie this is so sad! I will DEF be praying for her!! I only wish I had been able to meet her this past year! Please keep me informed if you hear anything. I hope she makes a full recovery and they were able to catch it early and get her the ADP or whatever that drug is that you can give people early on in strokes to make it not so bad.

As far as me I appreciate it. My parents get back today thank goodness and I know they would like to just have everything go away and keep things simple but it just can't be that way unfortunately. He left all day yesterday came home for 5 mins and then left all night and still has not come home. Normally I could care less but given our money situation he has NO business going out galavanting and esp wasting gas when we have NO money coming in to pay bills! Plus I feel really put out when I am sitting here shut in with the girls unable to do anything or go anywhere because I don't want to spend an extra DIME and then he feels it is ok to just go off and do whatever! I can't live like that! I won't have him living here and just leaving me to take care of the kids and be a shut in while he goes off and has fun esp when we have NO money! Not going to happen. Plus he cut me off from our jt act. So nope he needs to go!

Anyway thanks so much for the support and I am DEF going to need it. It is going to be a rough road but I will figure something out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter