DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting very excited for the upcoming trip.
More excited that tomorrow my oldest daughter is having her second baby. Noelani is coming via csec in the morning. I have my grandson here now enjoying a little alone time with him so his mommy can get a good nights sleep.l

Queenbillabong;47093939 Hey AmySue - how ya doing??? I'm in the same boat - not catching up now....... Hopefully I'll be able to get my head in the game soon though. Hopefully. It is getting closer and closer....................... Which also means my birthday is getting closer and closer! [SIZE="1" said:
All right, in the interests of full disclosure and fairness :-)crazy2: ) it's also Angie's b-day (luvs you Angie, my roomie!!!).[/SIZE]

I am doing okay, currrently have a miserable cold, and I have totally lost patience with it. How many days until your birthday? Mine is in 304 days.

AmyOkraSue, are ya wanting a tee-shirt this year? It's not pink.....:rolleyes1

Not this year, Mel, thanks for thinking of me. Work hours massively reduced in June, unable to find another position.....only buying essentials for now.

Received some checks today from Lorinda M, Tina G, and Heather S.

Thanks ladies.

Amy, totally understand. :flower3:

Getting very excited for the upcoming trip.
More excited that tomorrow my oldest daughter is having her second baby. Noelani is coming via csec in the morning. I have my grandson here now enjoying a little alone time with him so his mommy can get a good nights sleep.l
Congrats Michele. I hope everything went well today. :cloud9:

Good afternoon! Is it time for bed yet?? I am exhausted. Some of you read on FB that my son found a scorpion in his room last night. Well, after that I could not sleep. Talk about paranoid. I kept thinking I saw things moving and crawling everywhere. :eek: Last time I checked the clock it was 3 a.m. :sad2: Not sure when I drifted off.

Anyway, the kids are back in school today. Super quiet around here. I cleaned the kitchen this morning and guess what....it's still clean!!! For now. Until they get home. lol

So, is everyone up to date on their "letters"? January 10th is right around the corner! Did everyone who wants one, order their new group shirt? What about the scavenger hunt? All signed up for that? Those signed up for Fantasmic, don't forget to send Bridget a "letter" for that, too.
What else... oh, the Meet and Greet. Those "letters" should all be in by now. Deadline has passed for that, unless you've spoken with Capri and made other arrangements.

I think that's it. For now. ;) I like how there's no activity with the trip for months on end, then bam! Sudden crunch time to get reservations made, shirts ordered, etc. Then, ahhhh, relaxation time again. Until.... time to pack!! Uh oh, panic sets in. Where's my suitcase?? Do I have my matching shirts? Where is my exchange gift? What should I put on my door sign?? And, I need to find time for my mani/pedi/hair cut!! :scared1: :laughing:
Then, before you know it, we are all at Disneyland, laughing, eating, catching up (not really caring if you got that mani/pedi/haircut after all) and having a blast with friends, both old and new. Yep. Can't wait. :goodvibes

Have a good day, ladies.

Hmm yes mani/pedi Hair ... Just realized I am stuck in Blythe ... where to go? Is there even a place? If I find one will I come out looking better or worse....ARG>>>

By the way my name needs to be added to the lists: Scavenger Hunt, Meet and Greet, and I am staying at HOJO's

Hmm yes mani/pedi Hair ... Just realized I am stuck in Blythe ... where to go? Is there even a place? If I find one will I come out looking better or worse....ARG>>>
:rotfl: That's funny.

You know, I've never had a pedicure in all my 41 years. My last manicure was almost 20 years ago. And, since I had a haircut last August, I probably won't bother with another one. Whew! Knocked those off my list real quick :p

By the way my name needs to be added to the lists: Scavenger Hunt, Meet and Greet, and I am staying at HOJO's

OKay, added you to all but the hunt list. I don't keep a list for that, Katie/MamaKate does. :thumbsup2

Thank you SO MUCH for looking. I was afraid it was sold out. Oh well.

I think it sold out quickly. One guy I asked kind of laughed and said that he hadn't had any for weeks. It was interesting looking for a special pin like that. I always asked a CM to make sure they didn't have it, and one guy that I told I was looking for an AP pin said "An inky pin?" :lmao: Or maybe he meant "an inky pen", but I was standing right in front of the pin display. He did go ask someone else, though, when I explained what I was looking for, so he was trying to be helpful!!

You know, I've never had a pedicure in all my 41 years. My last manicure was almost 20 years ago. And, since I had a haircut last August, I probably won't bother with another one. Whew! Knocked those off my list real quick :p

OKay, added you to all but the hunt list. I don't keep a list for that, Katie/MamaKate does. :thumbsup2

Thank you apparently I am still staying at HOJO'S as I have not been able to find a victim ummm err roomy yet for DLH :confused3

Oh and what is this about a "Door sign" where is that info listed? I missed it.

Some people make signs for their hotel doors. I haven't for a couple years, but made a whole pirate map one the year that that was more our theme.

It is silly and fun, and you can tell which rooms have attendees in them due to the signs.

Oh, on another note: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES: I will likely be able to bring girl scout cookies for anyone who orders them from me.

The timing is usually right for my daughter's troop, and she is overjoyed by anyone who cares to participate. I will provide more info as the time comes nearer.

Like the way I can always make it about me?

And another post about ME ME ME...weird, but my post count has gone down from about 5000 to what it shows now.

Does this mean, that I am that confused, and it was my OTHER personality that made previous posts?

Curioser and curioser.

Thank you apparently I am still staying at HOJO'S as I have not been able to find a victim ummm err roomy yet for DLH :confused3
Well, I think most of the ladies are rooming at the Hojo this year. A few at other area hotels. Maybe trying to cut costs? Sometimes, even with a roomie, the DL hotels can be so expensive. That's my guess. :confused3 But, you can try asking again on the DIS Divas FB page and see if there are any takers. If you just ask on here, you probably won't get anyone as most of the group only reads on FB nowadays.

Oh and what is this about a "Door sign" where is that info listed? I missed it.
As Amy said, it's just a fun thing we do, especially when there is a large group staying at one place. It lets others know who's in what rooms and where. So you can room hop and visit. :thumbsup2 I'll see if I can find some examples of door signs from trips past and post them for those who are interested.

Like the way I can always make it about me?
Well, I like Girl Scout cookies, so yes, I guess that you do make it all about you. :thumbsup2

And another post about ME ME ME...weird, but my post count has gone down from about 5000 to what it shows now.

Does this mean, that I am that confused, and it was my OTHER personality that made previous posts?

Curioser and curioser.
Weird. My post count better not go down!! :eek: I've worked hard on that thing over the years. :rotfl:

my post count better not go down!! :eek: I've worked hard on that thing over the years. :rotfl:

Your post count if off the hook. It took me 6 years to reach as high as I did, to now be so sadly reduced. Sigh.

I am quite talkative by nature, but really do not have that much to add on the Dis to increase it.

I also lost my tag fairy tags a long long time ago.

Perhaps I have bad Disboards-ma.

It could happen.

Closest thing I've ever had to a pedicure was when mom cut my toenails as a child. LOL Last manicure was in 1991, I think. I got my hair cut just before we went to visit mom in October. Are we related, Beth? LOL

Okay, for those who are new or simply unfamiliar with the door signs, here are some examples from previous years. There is no particular theme, no guidelines to follow. It's entirely up to you what you want to do. There's no competition or award, so you can make it as simple or as elaborate as you want. It's just a silly, fun thing to do.
It's also entirely optional. Putting up signs on the hotel room doors is just a neat way to let other Divas know who's staying where. If you do decide to make a door sign, please keep in mind you will need to bring with you a way to attach it that will not ruin the door.

Signs from previous trips:
424343_10150600659524011_671498876_n.jpg

417686_10150601130154011_1914419516_n.jpg

196904_10150109073194221_6968854_n.jpg

185789_10150109073114221_1567675_n.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

1.jpg

ry3D400.jpg

2012-02-27_14-31-00_956.jpg

Those are just a few examples that I could find quickly. If anyone has a door sign photo they'd like to share, please feel free to do so. Thanks! Hope this helps provide some ideas and inspiration to those wanting to play along. :goodvibes

Oh, on another note: GIRL SCOUT COOKIES: I will likely be able to bring girl scout cookies for anyone who orders them from me.

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!! I can't HEAR YOU! :rotfl2:

And here's my door sign from last year. After I got it back home. That's why some of the bling is missing on the bottom. It didn't travel as well going home as it did going to DL.

2012-02-27_14-31-00_956.jpg

Your post count if off the hook. It took me 6 years to reach as high as I did, to now be so sadly reduced. Sigh.

I also lost my tag fairy tags a long long time ago.
Uh oh, who did you piss off? :rolleyes1

Closest thing I've ever had to a pedicure was when mom cut my toenails as a child. LOL Last manicure was in 1991, I think. I got my hair cut just before we went to visit mom in October. Are we related, Beth? LOL
:eek: I dunno....are we?? Sis, is that you??

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!!!! I can't HEAR YOU! :rotfl2:
Amy said she'll be selling Girl Scout cookies and delivering them on the trip, so be ready to place your order soon!!

Better? :teeth:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter