DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, ladies! I hope everyone had a good weekend! :)
We got home earlier today from Cali. It was nice. Quick, but fun. We enjoyed our day at Universal. I'll post some pics on FB tomorrow probably.

The only downside... I got sick!! I started feeling it late Saturday night, before we left the park. Now, I have a headache, my eyes hurt (of all things!), and a sore throat. A few chills, too. :sad2: I am not gonna lie. I'm a bit freaked out. I have 11 days to get well, before our WA trip. I've put so much planning into it, I'd hate to have it ruined now. So, I am drinking lots of water, and tea. Taking Airborne and Zinc. Tomorrow when the kids are in school, I'll try to rest. I guess that's all I can do!

I'm off to finish unpacking. Just wanted to pop in and say hello. :wave:

Thanks, Bridget! Goodness, it is quiet around this thread...

Just a quick reminder, if you signed up for the stocking exchange, the mail by date is this Friday.
Also, if you are interested in the Christmas card exchange, send me your name/address by this Friday and I will add you to the list. We don't have very many yet, only around 15 so don't think by signing up it means you'll be sending out 70 cards!! :scared1: :rotfl: But, it's fun to get a few extra cards in the mail to display. :santa:

Hello Ladies!
It is really slow around here and I know it is when I am able to keep up! I'm guessing everyone is busy with holiday stuff, work etc...

Our move is temporarily unscheduled so I am going a bit crazy. We had to move our loan and don't know when it will close just yet. Hoping for some resolve to day. In the meantime, we are 95% packed, as we were scheduled to move this Friday originally. I'm not sure who is having more anxiety over the choas, my dog or my husband. Neither are very happy right now!

I did however accomplish all my Xmas shopping the week of Thanksgiving, so that feels darn good to have that crossed of my list. It is a lot easier as the kids get older and want more expensive items.

I am looking forward to Nathan and I's short little disney trip next month, but feel really reluctant to plan on too much, since I don't know what the fast pass situation will be, nor the RSR strategy at that time...I guess we will just wing it. Maybe Laurie will give me her tips and strategies, since they leave the day after we arrive.

OK, off to go get kids ready for school.

T

Hello, everyone! Er.... um, anyone?? :confused3 lol

Tracey, sorry you are in limbo with your move. But, at least you got all your shopping done early. That's one less thing to stress about! :thumbsup2

We are now just 91 days away from our trip!! :cool1: I know many of you are busy with the holidays. Thanksgiving just ended. Some are still eating leftovers. lol And, of course Christmas, and Hanukkah are coming up. There's shopping to do, decorating to finish, cookies to bake, presents to wrap, cards to mail, holiday vacations to take. And so on, and so on. I know how busy this time of year is.

But, we can start making dining reservations at the 60 day mark. And, with our big group we have to make them the minute they open up to ensure that we get the restaurants/times that we want.

So, what I need from all of you (or at least all of you that care to share your opinion, some prefer to go with the flow) are your thoughts on the meal plans. Below is what we have discussed previously. Does it seem okay?? We have two options for dinner most nights. With a big group, I think at least two options is a good idea.

Take a look, and let me know what you think. I'd like to get this finalized so that I can start taking sign-ups. We can't make reservations until I have a head count. (No sign-ups are needed for counter service. For those meals, you just show up. Meal times will be added later.) Those meals with a * by them are ones that will require sign-ups.

Schedule - 2013

Wednesday, February 27: (lime green shirt)
Arrivals at various times throughout the day and evening
Lunch: Rancho del Zocalo
Dinner: Option 1~Storytellers Cafe*
Option 2~Cheesecake Factory in Garden Walk*

Thursday, February 28: (last trip's pink shirt - PM Melody/tinkermell if you need one)
Breakfast: WE STILL NEED A BREAKFAST HERE
Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour @ 9:30 (this includes a lunch)
Lunch: Earl of Sandwich (this is a good day for this, since some are arriving this day and not everyone is going in the parks)
5:30 p.m. - Meet and Greet Party @ Carousel Hotel (includes dinner)

Friday, March 1: (our new group shirt - more details to come)
Breakfast: on your own before photo/hunt
Group photo in DCA (either at the fountain or in front of Mickey Wheel)
Scavenger Hunt
Lunch: Pacific Wharf area (which is where the hunt will end)
Dinner: Option 1~Carthay Circle*
Option 2~Flo's Cafe

Saturday, March 2: (grey shirt)
*Optional off-site day at Newport Beach for those interested*
Breakfast: Character breakfast at Plaza Inn*
Traditional Tiara/Princess photo, (if not available, tiara photo in front of castle),followed by group ride on It's a Small World
2nd Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour @ 9:30
Lunch: Big Thunder BBQ*
Dinner: Option 1~Carnation Cafe*
Option 2~Cafe Orleans*
Fantasmic dessert seating* (Time TBD)

Sunday, March 3: (your favorite Disney shirt)
Last day of the trip
Group farewell breakfast @ Mimi's Cafe*

Also, this is who I have listed for the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour and the Fantasmic dessert seating. Please double check and make sure if you signed up, that your name is on here. Thanks!

A Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour:
*Thursday:
Heather S.
Theresa
Stacie B.
Jen H.
Ruth
Cindy
Catrina
Lisa

*Saturday:
Linda
Lisa
Bridget

Fantasmic Dessert Seating:
Trudi
Ruth
Kerri
Cindy
Jen H.
Tina
Donna
Lisa
Linda R.
Heather S.
Cheryl
Sarah
Kandace
Andrea
Angie
Karisa
Wendy C.
Tammy
Lisa
Bridget
Jamay
Elise
Michele S.
Vanessa
Steph
Stacie
Vicki

Finally, this is the current list for the Meet and Greet party. Please double check this and make sure your name is on here if you signed up. Thank-you!! (Even if you aren't sure, but are hoping to make it, please let us know so we can work out a budget. Thanks)

**Meet and Greet Party List**
1. Capri
2. Jen
3. Laurie
4. Tammy
5. Wendy
6. Jessica
7. Lisa
8. Beth
9. Theresa
10. Pam
11. Andrea
12. Michele S.
13. Bridget
14. Lisa
15. Jamay
16. Elise
17. Kandace
18. Kerri
19. Jill
20. Linda R.
21. Brianne
22. Megan
23. Vanessa
24. Melody
25. Cynthia
26. Beverly
27. Tina
28. Debra G.
29. Cheryl
30. Vicki
31. Bernice
32. RoseAnn
33. Marie
34. Kelly
35. Rosemarie
36. Kit
37. Stacie B.
38. Linda H.
39. Karisa
40. Monica
41. Mary Jo
42. Heather S.
43. Becci
44. Cynthia
45. Nicole
46. Trudi
47. Angie
48. Cindy
49. Patty
50. Katelyn
51. Tracey
52. Catrina
53. Katie
54. Alison
55. Steph

Hi everyone.
It's been forever since I posted, and I'm nowhere near caught up on the thread. I guess it's time to start participating now that things are being planned. :goodvibes

Please put me down for Cafe Orleans on Saturday night. And I'm a *maybe* for the meet and greet.

Are we having a group picture somewhere each day? That might be a fun way to get together each day. I'm sure we could find places that aren't inside the parks to do this. I guess I should go back and read some more - you may have already decided this.

BTW, this has probably already been mentioned, but Costco has a 3 day parkhopper w/ a $50 gift card for $259. I know it has a first use needed by February and is good 13 days after first use. Darn, I should have read it more carefully. Anyway, they are at my local Costco, so they may be at others. Sorry if it's old news.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Feb/March.

Chris

BTW, this has probably already been mentioned, but Costco has a 3 day parkhopper w/ a $50 gift card for $259. I know it has a first use needed by February and is good 13 days after first use. Darn, I should have read it more carefully. Anyway, they are at my local Costco, so they may be at others.

Chris

Is there anyone who can check on this pass and get me one if they're still available? The Costco stores here in Phoenix already got rid of all of theirs!! I would really, really appreciate it!! I can send someone a check or do Paypal, whichever you prefer. Thanks!!!

Sarah and I would like to sign up for the following meals

Friday dinner - Flo's Cafe
Sat. breakfast - Plaza Inn Character Breakfast
lunch - BBQ
dinner - Cafe Orleans
Fantasmic Dessert

Sunday. Mimi's

Any ideas on meal times for Sat? That's a whole lot of eating and it would be nice to space out the times.:)

Hi Beth,

I'm replying for both Stacielee and I regarding the meals:

Wednesday, February 27:
Dinner: Storytellers Cafe

Friday, March 1:
Dinner: Carthay Circle

Saturday, March 2:
Breakfast: Character breakfast at Plaza Inn
Dinner: Cafe Orleans

Sunday, March 3:
Breakfast: Mimi's Cafe

Thanks!

Hi everyone.
It's been forever since I posted, and I'm nowhere near caught up on the thread. I guess it's time to start participating now that things are being planned. :goodvibes

Please put me down for Cafe Orleans on Saturday night. And I'm a *maybe* for the meet and greet.

Are we having a group picture somewhere each day? That might be a fun way to get together each day. I'm sure we could find places that aren't inside the parks to do this. I guess I should go back and read some more - you may have already decided this.

Chris
Hi, Chris! Good to see you here. I think we do have a group photo just about every day. Thursday we'll take group photos at the party, Friday the traditional group pic, and Saturday we have the tiara photo. :) Wed and Sun not everyone will be around...but, we can still do photos at the meals and such.

Any ideas on meal times for Sat? That's a whole lot of eating and it would be nice to space out the times.:)
I know. It's a LOT in one day!! And, I can eat! :rotfl:

Why does it seem we have less time this trip?? Or are we just trying to cram more in?
That is really the only day to do a character meal, which I know several of the ladies wanted. But, a character meal, plus the BBQ, plus dinner and then the dessert seating is a lot of food. And, we won't be able to pick times for the breakfast or Fantasmic until we know the park hours. I wish they'd post them farther out.

I am thinking we need a second place for breakfast that day. That way, those who are doing the BBQ and don't want to eat a big breakfast, have another option. Maybe a counter service like Riverbelle Terrace.

Dinner, I'm not too worried about. We already have two options. And, at both of those choices they offer tasty snacks/appetizers.
So for someone not wanting to eat a lot that day they could do Riverbelle for breakfast, the BBQ for lunch, order something small for dinner, and then get the snacks at Fantasmic. That would work... Right?

Hi Beth,

I'm replying for both Stacielee and I regarding the meals:

Wednesday, February 27:
Dinner: Storytellers Cafe

Friday, March 1:
Dinner: Carthay Circle

Saturday, March 2:
Breakfast: Character breakfast at Plaza Inn
Dinner: Cafe Orleans

Sunday, March 3:
Breakfast: Mimi's Cafe

Thanks!
Thanks! :)

I am making note of any sign-ups, but on paper. I won't post it until later, once we are completely sure of the plans.

Oh, and we still need a breakfast for Thursday. Some people will still be arriving that day, so I'm thinking keeping it simple would be best...maybe even something outside of the parks.
What is a good breakfast place that isn't in the parks. Besides Storytellers.
White Water Snacks has a good breakfast burrito. A couple of us ate there last time for breakfast. Also, Tangaroa Terrace has a good breakfast, but that is a hike from Hojos!

Hmmm, what about the La Brea Bakery Cafe? They aren't too far from the park entrances. And, they have everything from breakfast sandwiches to complete meals with omelets. That might work... :confused3

Hi Beth! For the Meet n Greet you can add Erin F. She's a friend of ours that will be joining Cynthia, Nicole and I.

I'll let the three of them decide on their meals, but here are my choices: :)

Saturday
Character Breakfast at Plaza Inn
Cafe Orleans
Fantasmic Dessert Seating (is it too late to get on this list?)

Sunday
Mimi's Cafe

I'm still not sure if I'm arriving on Wednesday afternoon or Thursday morning, if I'm there on Wednesday evening then I'll be signing up for Storyteller's Cafe dinner. I should know soon! Thanks! :thumbsup2

Well, I caved and went ahead and bought air fare for the trip. Blame it on Alaska Airlines' fare sale. At least that is what I will do when I tell Mike I decided to go. :teeth:
I am just coming for Wednesday until Friday morning, no park ticket so I am just planning to hang out. Beth, please move me to the "attending" list and sign me up for the Meet & Greet (guess I need to start getting my Billy on) and dinner at Storytellers. Looking forward to seeing new and "old" faces!

Hi Beth! Here are my sign ups:

Thursday: Meet and Greet

Friday: Pacific Warf and Flos V8 Cafe

Saturday: Plaza Inn, Big Thunder BBQ, and Carnation Cafe.

I'd also really like to do a breakfast at Surf's Up either Thursday or Friday. If anyone would like to join me, let me know. Need to get my Stitch fix!

I would also love to join in on the Mimi's Breakfast on Sunday Morning, but it depends on what time it is at. My flight home is at 1:15, and so I should be heading to the airport by 10:30 at the latest.

I might go for Surf's Up if it is on Thursday. I also like LaBrea for another option.

Beth I know we have been back and forth over whether we were going to be able to go or not but it looks like my mom is getting air tickets before they get any worse. It is going to cost us 200 rt each which is ridiculous but so be it. It looks like Shane and the girls will be driving down and staying at a different hotel. But anyway we won't be doing any meals I don't think.

We get in mid day on Thurs so won't be there in time for lunch I don't think and we ARE doing the meet and greet, group pic and scavy hunt and will eat lunch at the pier but know that that does not need ressies.

Then we plan on meeting up with Shane and the girls for dinner on Fri. We will be busy all day saturday with the cheer comp and then Sunday the girls want to do a character breakfast at Plaza Inn before they head back. Then mom and I are taking a later flight home. So if anyone doesn't go to mimi's we will be at Plaza. ;)

Also we will be in the parks till prob 5 or 6 on Sunday before we have to head back for anyone who will still be there and wants to hang out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter