• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Diva's **Old thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my goodness! It was at the Forum Cheesecake Factory that my girlfriend and tried it about 6 years ago. The waiter suggested "Vanilla bean with raspberry puree" to us, and that is the only way we have ordered it ever since. Gee, sure wish I had some now! Yum yum!

I'll have to try that sometime. I do love raspberry. There are soooo many choices at the CF, but most of them are just too sweet for me, especially after a large meal. And, let's face it, all the meals at CF are large!! :faint: :rotfl2:

Just poppin in and didn't read everything in detail but Trudi yes it is the new one that you have. I LOVE It but the little hanger that you attach it to the pole with was ripped so I had to punch a little hole in the flag. I was bummed.

Plus I get each girl an ornament every year and I orderd those ear hat ones I one was broke. :( They were really good and sent me another no charge but they were out of the first one.

So a little bummed but I got a grey shirt for the trip that was super cute!

Hi to everyone else!!

I'll have to try that sometime. I do love raspberry. There are soooo many choices at the CF, but most of them are just too sweet for me, especially after a large meal. And, let's face it, all the meals at CF are large!! :faint: :rotfl2:
That is the same reason I like the vanilla bean also. Not so sweet. And then you add the raspberry for some tartness, and it us just perfect. Did I mention how good it was? LOL!

Hi Kelly :wave:

That is the same reason I like the vanilla bean also. Not so sweet. And then you add the raspberry for some tartness, and it us just perfect. Did I mention how good it was? LOL!

You did mention it. ;) LOL And now, we can all see how good it looks as well as sounds.... YUM!!!

IMG_4447.JPG

Funnily enough, in the background of this pic, is the other new cheesecake I want to try, the Oreo flavor! It might be too sweet, but I love Oreos, so I want to try it one day.

You ladies are hilarious!

I go to cheesecake factory for cheesecake and coffee. Did anyone ever try the 30th anniversary cheesecake? It's layers of cheesecake alternating with chocolate cake. I am not much for over the top sweet or even too much chocolate but that was HEAVENLY.

That said, raspberry puree... YUM!!!!!

Just get the cheesecake to go. That's what I end up doing. So true, the meals are huge!
Just poppin in and didn't read everything in detail but Trudi yes it is the new one that you have. I LOVE It but the little hanger that you attach it to the pole with was ripped so I had to punch a little hole in the flag. I was bummed.
I looked at mine when I first got it but don't remember a little hanger.:confused3 I'll have to check it. Too bad about yours being ripped.

This sounds like a cool idea! I would love to join in on this one. Include me in the sign ups! :)

Almost done shopping for the Halloween exchange. Just a couple more things and then I can ship away!

That little puppy is so cute Sarah! Glad to hear your BF is doing better. Hope he isn't in too much pain.

That cheesecake looks so yummy! We don't have one of those in Red Deer anymore, but probably just as well, or we'd be there all the time. Dillon loves his cheesecake.

We are getting a new addition to our family as well this week. This is 2 year old Annabelle Lee! She is a Holland Lop. We've never had a rabbit before, so it should be fun to learn what she's all about. So excited to be bringing her home tomorrow!

Image-1.jpg

I go to cheesecake factory for cheesecake and coffee. Did anyone ever try the 30th anniversary cheesecake? It's layers of cheesecake alternating with chocolate cake. I am not much for over the top sweet or even too much chocolate but that was HEAVENLY.

That said, raspberry puree... YUM!!!!!
I did see that 30th anniversary version. It looks good. The last one I tried, other than my usual vanilla bean, was the red velvet. It was good, but not great like I'd hoped.

Just get the cheesecake to go. That's what I end up doing. So true, the meals are huge!
Good idea!

This sounds like a cool idea! I would love to join in on this one. Include me in the sign ups! :)

We are getting a new addition to our family as well this week. This is 2 year old Annabelle Lee! She is a Holland Lop. We've never had a rabbit before, so it should be fun to learn what she's all about. So excited to be bringing her home tomorrow!

Image-1.jpg
For the Slug Jug exchange, there are no sign-ups. IF you want to play along, just bring a package to the party. :thumbsup2

Cute bunny!!! Do they bite?

I did see that 30th anniversary version. It looks good. The last one I tried, other than my usual vanilla bean, was the red velvet. It was good, but not great like I'd hoped.

Good idea!

For the Slug Jug exchange, there are no sign-ups. IF you want to play along, just bring a package to the party. :thumbsup2

Cute bunny!!! Do they bite?

The breeder has had rabbits for years, and she currently has about 12 that she breeds, and she said she's never been bit once. So if it happens, it's very rare.

First off this theme should be a fun exchange. I imagine a lot of laughter to be had that night.
Bernice, I missed you. Glad they are moving out and you can have your place back.
Beth almost time for you to leave again. Lucky. I miss my part time job so I could just go away when I want. Phewy

Cute puppy.
The rabbit is adorable too. We have a rabbit. Had her since 06. She runs around the back yard most of the time. She uses the dog door but we had to let her stay at my moms as we moved into a big home with my BFF who was alone with her son and two dogs. Well the dogs think the bunny is a toy and so she couldn't come. So mom and dad have her and she uses their dog door too. The down fall is if she is left alone in the home she some times likes to chew wires. So not good when there is computers and plugs. So she is not free to come in at her own leisure anymore. She has lever bit, licks yoru feet, and enjoys an oreo cookie and backed potato.lol Kale and spinach too. We didn't do much in dry prepared rabbit feed. She did better with our own veggies,

First off this theme should be a fun exchange. I imagine a lot of laughter to be had that night.
Bernice, I missed you. Glad they are moving out and you can have your place back.
Beth almost time for you to leave again. Lucky. I miss my part time job so I could just go away when I want. Phewy

Cute puppy.
The rabbit is adorable too. We have a rabbit. Had her since 06. She runs around the back yard most of the time. She uses the dog door but we had to let her stay at my moms as we moved into a big home with my BFF who was alone with her son and two dogs. Well the dogs think the bunny is a toy and so she couldn't come. So mom and dad have her and she uses their dog door too. The down fall is if she is left alone in the home she some times likes to chew wires. So not good when there is computers and plugs. So she is not free to come in at her own leisure anymore. She has lever bit, licks yoru feet, and enjoys an oreo cookie and backed potato.lol Kale and spinach too. We didn't do much in dry prepared rabbit feed. She did better with our own veggies,

That's too bad you couldn't have her with you, but at least she is still in the family.

I am hoping to have this one mostly free roaming. At least when we are home. My mom is here through most of the day with Seth, so as long as she doesn't mind some bunny company, she can be out most of the day. Then we would put her in her cage to sleep. She is a very snuggly bunny, and I am hoping she stays that way in a new home.

You did mention it. ;) LOL And now, we can all see how good it looks as well as sounds.... YUM!!!

IMG_4447.JPG

Funnily enough, in the background of this pic, is the other new cheesecake I want to try, the Oreo flavor! It might be too sweet, but I love Oreos, so I want to try it one day.
So how did you get that picture i'd like to know? Did you and Rueben go and have a piece in honor of me? :hyper:
Why thank you! :laughing:

Image-1.jpg

What a sweet addition! We could never have a rabbit, or chickens or any other small animals. Our dogs would gobble them up. :(:(:(

Trudi on the flag on the inside of the loops there is usually a little white tag that you have to reach in and find. It usually has a slit in it that you can attach it to the pole with. I have several yard flags for different seasons and they all have them. If your pole hangs straight out it is not as big of a deal but mine has it to where the flag is titled like a regular flag and without the hanger it falls down. :( I still love the design though!!

OMG that cheesecake looks good but not. It looks delicious but right now it looks so rich it is making me queasy LOL. But I am sure it tastes devine. LOVE cf!

Love the theme for the meet and greet. I wasn't sure if I would do it because i have a TON of mugs but mom thinks it would be a hoot so we probably will play if we can find something red neckish lol.

Love the bunny. I had a mini rabbit years ago and loved him but mine was a bit mean. He DID bite and when he would get mad he would thump his foot really fast like thumper which was his name by the way LOL. My kids would love a small pet like a bunny, turtle etc but with 3 cats and a dog they would be lunch for sure. Katy got a stick bug and raised it from this microscopic baby and took such good care of it and it got HUGE and was so fun to watch but the cats knocked it's cage over and all we found were some parts :( Katy was devestated and again thus NO more pets LOL.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Good morning, ladies!! :)

The breeder has had rabbits for years, and she currently has about 12 that she breeds, and she said she's never been bit once. So if it happens, it's very rare.
That's good to know. My girls want a pet sooo bad. They want a dog, but I am not a dog person. I like dogs, but I don't want one. It's like having a toddler that never grows up. lol IF we were to ever get one, I'd want a German Shepard.

I think we are going to get a kitten. Maybe for Christmas. We have to get clearance from the landlord though. So I haven't said anything to the kids yet.

That's what we're hoping for!! :cool1:

So how did you get that picture i'd like to know? Did you and Rueben go and have a piece in honor of me? :hyper:
I'm fast, but not that fast! :rotfl2: Although, would you believe we have a Cheesecake Factory within walking distance of our house?? We do. And yet, we go maybe once or twice a year only. It's expensive....for us anyway. Next time we go, I am going to try it with the raspberry sauce. ::yes::

Oh, and I found the pic online doing a Google search, so someone else out there also likes it with the sauce! :thumbsup2

Love the theme for the meet and greet. I wasn't sure if I would do it because i have a TON of mugs but mom thinks it would be a hoot so we probably will play if we can find something red neckish lol.
Me, too. I have many, many mugs. And, I don't even drink coffee or tea! Just the occasional hot cocoa. :confused3

But, keep in mind it doesn't have to be a mug. Any beverage container will do. And, since most of us probably already have "cute" or "nice" mugs and such, I'm hoping to get away from that, or from anything Disney, and I'd love to see people get creative and funny! The more redneck, trashy, naughty, the better! After all, we're all adults and we're there to have fun. ;)

Wow! You gals move fast!

Thanks for the hug Mel! Hey, I wanted to see if you had any of those pink shirts left? Like an XXL as this busty gal does not like tight t's:)

I may have an extra purple shirt in XXL available. I will check with my friend who went last year. She had it in her garage sale, but it didn't sell. Not sure what she did with it. I was going to grab it but I got distracted! She's obviously not a real Diva!

I am so darn happy! I went to the sports Dr yesterday about my shoulders and he offered to do a procedure that would hopefully solve my problem. It involved a 3 inch needed and hurt like a mother, but...I think my pain in my shoulder is gone! It's a little bit hard to tell because my arm is sore as heck, but I think that is procedure pain, that will go away in a couple days. Anyhow if it worked, then I can get my other one done in 3 weeks! I am so excited to not have that pain!

On to better stuff....that puppy is so darn cute! I hate people that neglect their animals too! I agree, why have them? The bunnie is darling also. I did have one indoors for a couple of years, and yep, wires were it's weak spot!

Don't like cheesecake. Too Rich for me! Love popcorn, buttered and sprinkles are good too. When I am dieting, I put the sprinkles on airpopped corn with no butter and that is pretty darn good too!

Love the exchange item. That will be super fun!!! And I am signed up for the meet and greet, right?

I did reserve my flights by the way...

Haven't looked into shirts yet, but I own a lot of them so I am sure I will be wearing one:)

And Capri, I am praying that we get some rain and wash away that smoke and put out all the fires.

It is nature, but it is horrible.

Now, time for a little nap as I am all way of kilter!

Tracey, you're signed up now! :thumbsup2 Oh, and I hope that did the trick for your shoulder pain!!

Below is the list of those who've signed up for the Meet and Greet. If your name is not on here, and you asked me to add you, I apologize. Just kick me, and remind me again! Thanks!!
(If you are still unsure if you are coming or not, that's fine. We are just trying to get an as-close-to-accurate-as-possible head count, so we can make plans for games, prizes, food, drinks, etc.)

**Meet and Greet Party List**
1. Capri
2. Jen
3. Laurie
4. Tammy
5. Wendy
6. Jessica
7. Lisa
8. Beth
9. Theresa
10. Pam
11. Andrea
12. Michele S.
13. Bridget
14. Lisa
15. Jamay
16. Elise
17. Kandace
18. Kerri
19. Jill
20. Linda R.
21. Brianne
22. Megan
23. Vanessa
24. Melody
25. Cynthia
26. Beverly
27. Tina
28. Debra G.
29. Cheryl
30. Vicki
31. Bernice
32. RoseAnn
33. Marie
34. Kelly
35. Rosemarie
36. Kit
37. Stacie B.
38. Linda H.
39. Karisa
40. Monica
41. Mary Jo
42. Heather S.
43. Becci
44. Cynthia
45. Nicole
46. Trudi
47. Angie
48. Cindy
49. Patty
50. Katelyn
51. Tracey

Below is the list of those who've signed up for the Meet and Greet. If your name is not on here, and you asked me to add you, I apologize. Just kick me, and remind me again! Thanks!!
(If you are still unsure if you are coming or not, that's fine. We are just trying to get an as-close-to-accurate-as-possible head count, so we can make plans for games, prizes, food, drinks, etc.)

**Meet and Greet Party List**
1. Capri
2. Jen
3. Laurie
4. Tammy
5. Wendy
6. Jessica
7. Lisa
8. Beth
9. Theresa
10. Pam
11. Andrea
12. Michele S.
13. Bridget
14. Lisa
15. Jamay
16. Elise
17. Kandace
18. Kerri
19. Jill
20. Linda R.
21. Brianne
22. Megan
23. Vanessa
24. Melody
25. Cynthia
26. Beverly
27. Tina
28. Debra G.
29. Cheryl
30. Vicki
31. Bernice
32. RoseAnn
33. Marie
34. Kelly
35. Rosemarie
36. Kit
37. Stacie B.
38. Linda H.
39. Karisa
40. Monica
41. Mary Jo
42. Heather S.
43. Becci
44. Cynthia
45. Nicole
46. Trudi
47. Angie
48. Cindy
49. Patty
50. Katelyn
51. Tracey

What's does the "B" stand for next to my name? Does it stand for Babe? Beautiful? Bold? Bodacious? Beer? :smokin:

I just realized that I've been lurking, not posting much and I don't want you ladies to forget who I am so here's a quick "hi". :wave2:

Heading up to Tahoe to do a 10K this weekend .... we are walking not running ... way too old to take up running but we do enjoy the walk up there .... so beautiful!

A little late to the topic .... but I love cheesecake!!! :rotfl2:

Yippee, I finally figured out tickers - and it only took one email to the ticker team to tell me what I was doing wrong.:banana::woohoo::yay:

ETA: Wait, they're too big. OMG, how do I make them smaller????

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter