Dis 10th Anniversary mention - July 2016

We have booked the 23rd - 26th, we got APs this year it seemed like a good bet and a reason to use them again.
No ADRs scheduled for the 25th.
Just waiting on the greenlight!

I'll happily periscope it for you ... and you can periodically dump a bucket of warm water over your head to simulate the humidity

I'll even film from a low position aiming up so you can truly get a sense for how tall Craig is ;)
That is wonderful! Thank you!!
Late jut is the dead of winter here, so I best turn the heat way up also, to really give me that Orlando feel.

I'm about 5'5" so if you could angle the camera about a foot lower than Kevin, John and Craig's heads, that would be great.
And maybe a few inches above JL's head.

Of course, this is the back up plan. It's pretty likely that someone will chip in for the airfares, so should be all good ;)

HM? I would seriously cry!

I'm guessing an after hours AK party with Rivers of Light!
That would be WAAAAAAY cool! Sure wish I could go, but besides finances and other personal stuff, I could NEVER be able to handle the heat and humidity that time of year - I'd be a melted popsicle on the sidewalk. But I'm sure watching excitedly with everybody, and hoping to live vicariously (and through blogs, and YouTube, and Periscopes, etc - hint, hint, HINT all!) :) through all of you. I'm sure WHATEVER they have planned will be STUPENDOUS! :)

Last edited:
That would be WAAAAAAY cool! Sure wish I could go, but besides finances and other personal stuff, I could NEVER be able to handle the heat and humidity that time of year
We've been to Disney in August numerous times and I'd be lying if I didn't say it can be god-awful, oppressive, life-sucking weather. Not everyone can physically function in those conditions.

We've been to Disney in August numerous times and I'd be lying if I didn't say it can be god-awful, oppressive, life-sucking weather. Not everyone can physically function in those conditions.
I barely did when I went through Boot Camp there 30 years ago, and I can barely function in the summer in NJ, so I KNOW there is NO WAY I could do it, and even TRY to act like I'm enjoying myself!!

Being in a pool would probably be counter-productive if the reason you're in Fl. Is for the DIS functions
Being in a pool in Florida in July is counterproductive. The pool at AKL was roughly the temp of bath water. My icecream melted before I could find a bench at 11:00 at night. The good thing is air conditioning is always within reach. Just turn your heat all the way up, turn on your shower at the highest temp, then sit in the bathroom and watch disney podcasts, then at 2:00 pour a watering can of warm water over your head.
The good thing we've seen the past few years is the temperature in Orlando is close to that in Philadelphia. If I must be hot and sweaty, I'd rather be having a beer with Corey in shorts and a tee than going to work with a tie on.

We just booked our DVC stay over at BWV for 22 - 26 July. We can't wait to hear the details for the event.

Still trying to figure out how to convince DH that I neeeeeeeeeeeeed this. The only reason we're not doing a vacation this year is b/c DH wants to move to be closer to his office and we need to sink the $ into the house to get it ready for sale. My commute will stay just as bad or get worse, so there's no silver lining in this for me. Surely, a solo road trip in more modest lodging wouldn't hurt the budget that much...I think!??!!? It's summer so no major issues with the kids beyond clothes and field trip $ for day camp. And I already live in a place with comparable weather...maybe actually a bit hotter...so I'm ready for July in FL. I don't love the idea of driving on my own, but it could be worse. Hmmmmmmmmmm....

We just booked our DVC stay over at BWV for 22 - 26 July. We can't wait to hear the details for the event.
We will see you there at BWV.
That reminds me, DisUnplugged shirts are needed, or something to identify our peeps. I'm pushing for a tee with Carl from Up with the caption "Do you know how much I spent on this trip?", or we could all just wear a red bandana.

DisUnplugged shirts are needed
I have a couple of DISUnplugged shirts. I got them as prizes for having emails read or voicemails played on the show. Too bad they don't do that anymore. We need the Prizematron back, too. I won a stay at the Swan/Dolphin from that once.

I bought a DIs Unplugged t-shirt I think it was last year (right before Shaun left) to support both the show and GKTW. Love it, and the saying on it - it's very well made, and fits and hangs nicely. Get questions and comments on it all the time - wish I could buy the same one again, they were "while supplies last" and I ordered ahead, and chewed my fingernails waiting. I LOVE that shirt!! :)

Last edited:
I bought a DIs Unplugged t-shirt I think it was last year (right before Shaun left) to support both the show and GKTW. Love it, and the saying on it - it's very well made, and fits and hangs nicely. Get questions and comments on it all the time - wish I could buy the same one again, they were "while supplies last" and I ordered ahead, and chew my fingernails waiting. I LOVE that shirt!! :)
I remember not too long ago, they offered coffee mugs for sale and maybe a few t-shirts at that time, but they weren't posting internationally which was a shame.
I'd love a tank top to wear on my trip, maybe we could get some iron on transfers or something that can be in expensively posted internationally?
Or Corey could send us the file online so we could get our own transfers made, at the cost of a donation to GKTW?

I remember not too long ago, they offered coffee mugs for sale and maybe a few t-shirts at that time, but they weren't posting internationally which was a shame.
I'll check if they are still doing that. If they are, I'd be happy to ship one to you the same way I sent the book via California.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter