Did you ever take a WDW vacation that was too long?

Our first trip was too long. It was eight days. For me a perfect trip would be 4.5 days. We would go to MK our first night there and then have one day for each park.

It's difficult for me to admit this but 18 days is to long. My sweet spot is 2 weeks 14 days and anything under 10 days is a wast of a flight but we don't go but every 2 or 4 years to save up for it

We took a 7-day trip where, by the end, we were just "done." But we also took a 10-day trip where we could have happily stayed longer. Planning a 14-day stay in 2016!

I think it depends on what your doing. If your changing things up every few days (seeing some of the rest of Orlando and places like fort Myers), I think you can make it a lot of fun. I don't think that doing 14 days in one place like Disney World can burn you out. I've never done a two week vacation, but I'm thinking towards a six day vacation in 2016. That's my longest WDW trip ever.

I get very tired of eating out, as well. But we do like a long vacation. Our answer has been to rent offsite housing for two-week period. We then stretchout six different park days over that long stretch. We do a lot of swimming at the house, and visiting other things in the area. We also get simple meals to make it home. Eggs are easy, or a cookout on the grill and eat are prepared salad we picked up at the grocery store. Stuff like that.

Our longest single WDW vacation was 14 full days, although that was only about three weeks after an 8 day WDW vacation. We did another that was something like 9 days, but also included a full week of other, non-Disney, things (so about 16 days total).

No WDW vacation (or any vacation, anywhere, for that matter, has ever felt too long). The longest vacation we've been on lasted a couple months (but included segments in Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, Bora Bora, etc). (Now that I think about it, I've been on a couple ~8 week vacations, but we travel around. Never stayed in one spot that long.)

It takes a while to get to most places in the US from where we're originally from (and flights can be very expensive), so DH and I grew up going on at least two week vacations. I don't think I've ever gone on a vacation shorter than five days, and that seems like a quick mini-getaway to me.

I think about 21 days in Orlando would be good: 10 at WDW parks, 2 WDW water park days, 3 at US, and 6 'down'/pool days.

We normally spend 10 full plus 2 travel days per trip. The heat can start to get to us during the summer trips, but we always we remind ourselves that we are at WDW, which is far better and more fun than the real world. For our Christmas trips, this length seems perfect, but of course the parks are way busy. The advantage is they are always open late, which allows for a long mid-day break to re-coop. Our January trips include the marathon and extra family members, with the shorter park hours, it seems to fly by way too fast. We have had AP's forever at both WDW and Universal and each trip we spend at least three days at Universal and go to at least one disney park per day. What wears on us by the end of the trip is making RD (which we do everyday to enjoy no lines) and the food. At home, we rarely eat out, so not being able to eat home cooked meals gets really old...even when we are on FD.

Vacations as a kid (only 2 parks), we did 5 nights and it felt pretty decent. Hubs and I decided after last trip that 8 nights was perfect. Departure day was bittersweet because we felt refreshed and rejuvenated to take on responsibilities, but even three weeks later hubs and I will randomly say we miss Disney.

Being off work for 2 weeks is my limit just because of all the prep work leading up to it and the catch-up when I come back. I like to have a couple of days off before and after vacation too, so I don't think we would do more than 10 nights.

We are trying to decide what kind of vacation we want to plan. We went to WDW in 2013 for 6 days, and while it was a lot of fun, we didn't get to do much. That was mainly because we vacationed with my senior parents, and even though we had a lot of fun, they did slow us down on touring. This time we are going to plan on just our family of 4. We were thinking about 2 weeks, but we have never gone on a vacation for that long. Is that too long?
I did 11 days with two nights at the Hilton and 9 at the Contemporary and it was too long. But I go more than once per year.

We did 9 days for our honeymoon and it was too much for us. By the end of day 6 we were kind of burned out and just started trying to see how much park hopping we could do. In hindsight we should have gone to other spots in Orlando but we'd convinced ourselves we could keep ourselves busy at Disney for that much time.

The shortest trip was our first at 9 days. We realized we needed more time, so we made increases throughout the years with our most recent trip being 13 days. We loved it and wish we could stay that length all the time. We also drive and make stops along the way, usually exploring St. Augustine. That makes our trips closer to 3 weeks. The only complaint we got was from my niece saying that she missed home (boyfriend and friends)--she's an adult now and can make her own vacations.

It's almost like Disney thinks 10 (park) days is enough!

Definitely not. They also offer 14 and 21 day tickets for some guests.

We had fun on our 7 night trip, but the advice we got on the UK planning board was spot on. Too short. Looking forward to our upcoming 14 night trip.

disclaimer - I'm British. We tend to do 2 week holidays (Brit speak for vacation) as standard.

I've recently returned from a 17 day / 16 night trip to WDW.Definitely not too long, we didn't feel rushed or stressed but still didn't do 'everything'. It was still sad to leave as it was with out 10 day trip earlier this summer.

Re fast passes, if you are onsite then your window is for the duration of your trip / days on your ticket (whichever is shorter). Makes life much easier...

I think the findings of this thread are that everyone's vacation needs are different. Weigh up the pros and cons and go with whatever works for you.

I get very tired of eating out, as well. But we do like a long vacation. Our answer has been to rent offsite housing for two-week period. We then stretchout six different park days over that long stretch. We do a lot of swimming at the house, and visiting other things in the area. We also get simple meals to make it home. Eggs are easy, or a cookout on the grill and eat are prepared salad we picked up at the grocery store. Stuff like that.

Same here - as far as tired of eating out. Our longest trip we only did one sit down meal (and that was at a Macaroni Grill in Kissimmee, LOL!). We had a nice two bedroom condo (Marriott's Sabal Palms) with a gas grill right outside our unit, so we ate in all larger meals (grilled chicken, burgers, brats, made salads, simple pasta meals, etc) and spent a lot of time relaxing!

We'd go to the parks for just about a half day most of the time, and also did mini golf once which was fun!

I also make very simple breakfasts and snacks when we stay at DVC villas. When we do that, usually we don't have a car, so I place a big order with Garden Grocer. Even when we do eat out, often it's quite hot in Orlando, and DD and I share meals. I can't eat the amount that they serve some places!

For much longer than a week, a condo with a kitchen is nice!

Because we come from UK we come for a minimum of 14 days! However we split this up with Universal. This next holiday we're doing 8 days disney 6 days universal but with shopping and chill out days in there.

We had a great trip many years ago when we were there for two weeks - we did one week at Pop Century, just the nuclear family of 4, and then my inlaws joined us at AKL for another week. It was their first trip down in decades, and there was only MK when they brought their kids on vacation. We spent the first week doing everything we wanted to do, and then spent the second week doing things that my inlaws enjoyed. It was awesome!

But I'm the type of person who likes to vacation in the familiar, so my dream (after I win a huge Powerball jackpot) is to buy a Golden Oak home, with plenty of extra bedrooms for guests, and go to the parks every day :) I could just as happily sit in a rocking chair in Liberty Square and knit for an hour or two, walk around listening to the music, stroll through the shops, enjoy the architecture, etc. I could spend all day watching the gorillas at AK, be at EPCOT every night after sunset, and so on.

We did a 2 week trip back in 2014. We did not do the parks every day, nor would I want to. We also had time to do Universal and the Kennedy Space Center (which for my engineering family was AWESOME.) We had a great time, and I could have stayed longer (but alas we had to go back to work to pay for said vacation).

BUT, and this is a big but for us, we were in our camper. Our camper is like a home to us, it has our beds, a kitchen to cook, rooms to spread out so we can get time away from each other and not get on each other's nerves, and outdoor activities that come with camping like bike riding. I do not think I could do 2 weeks in a hotel, even in a suite.

I think it depends on your touring style and your personality. We're going for 12 days in January, it does not feel like enough. We have 2 down days built into the schedule, arrival day we also don't plan to go to a park and we have 3 partial/half days (depending on how long what we want to do takes) scheduled as well. I really want 2 more days, 1 more down day and 1 more park day. I don't think we would need more then 14 days unless we decided to do non-Disney stuff a few days, but for us 14ish days seems just about right.

This is actually why we decided against a second trip next year, if we did a second trip we would only be able to do a week or so, and it just didn't feel like enough time (even with going for 12 days earlier in the year), so we decided to do Disneyland and California instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter