Did you ever take a WDW vacation that was too long?

BensWife

DIS Veteran
We are trying to decide what kind of vacation we want to plan. We went to WDW in 2013 for 6 days, and while it was a lot of fun, we didn't get to do much. That was mainly because we vacationed with my senior parents, and even though we had a lot of fun, they did slow us down on touring. This time we are going to plan on just our family of 4. We were thinking about 2 weeks, but we have never gone on a vacation for that long. Is that too long?

For me, 10 days is my max. First, I feel guilty about leaving our furry babies home. I also get so tired of eating out all the time.

We've never vacationed for more than 10 days. Seven is the longest we've done in WDW, though I would like to stay longer sometime so we could enjoy more pool time/down time.

Last April we did 3 nights at Universal and 8 nights at Disney, and it was perfect!

We did 10 days with my family if 3 plus my parents. We had 7 days park + waterpark tickets.

It was good because we were able to visit the parks multiple times without rushing while we were there.

This trip we have 8 days (with travel day there) with 5 day hoppers, seaworld & legoland tickets. It won't be as relaxed but I think it's doable for us.

10 days is the max # of FP you can get at a time with the AP. Which if you were going for two weeks would make sense.

It's almost like Disney thinks 10 (park) days is enough!

I've never done a 2 week trip, but I'd like to give it a try!

We did 10 days once and I loved it. More days gave us the chance to chill out more and take more breaks.

I think if you did a highly scheduled and regimented 2 week trip it would likely drive you nuts. Schedule in lots of down time, including a number of shorter park days, maybe a day or 2 outside of Disney, and I bet you'll love it.

I can't imagine doing much more than the 5 nights we have coming up. For one, I have horses and dogs at home that someone else has to take care of, and it's no small job (not to mention feed/food has to be bought almost weekly). But also, I think I would get a little tired of it after too many days/nights.
My theory is to always leave or stop doing something when you wish you could stay or do it longer. That leaves a great feeling about the experience. I never want to be "glad to be home" from my vacation.

My family did Disney in 2013 for 10 days and reached our limit. We went May 1 - 10, the weather was great, and we got to see and do everything we wanted to, but we were exhausted by the end of the trip. My daughter was 4 1/2 at the time and wanted to stay on the go more than i'd anticipated so we didn't take as many breaks or have a full non-park day as i'd planned and we paid for it dearly. It was a great trip, but exhausting. I think an 8 day trip with 6 park days is perfect for my family's vacation needs.

The first year our school system went to a 2 weeks fall break, we took the 2 weeks and went to Disney (just my mom and my 2 youngest - DH stayed behind with high school age boys)

It was a great trip. We had an amazing time and had time to do all the little things so we weren't rushing. We did WDW, Universal, Seaworld and Legoland. At the end of the trip we all agreed we were ready to go home. We were tired (and tired of each other ;) )

The things that helped us with such a long trip:

Stayed offsite at WBC. 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms was a lifesaver in letting us all have our own space and the extra bathroom was a lifesaver in getting away from each other.

Did Legoland last. We had never been so even though the kids were just about done getting up early on vacation, they looked forward to the last park we went to because it was something new.

Days off! I'm a commando. Park every day. Early mornings and late nights. This long of a trip gave us plenty of time to take a few days off to just hang by the pool, hang in the condo and watch movies etc.

Rotated early mornings and late nights. With so many park days, we were able to sleep in a few days instead of trying to make rope drop every day.

In 2014 we did 13 days (including travel days). We visited the parks 10 days, went to each of the water parks once, and spent one day in Daytona Beach visiting family. It was awesome! We never had to rush, or worry about missing anything, because we knew we would be going back to the park.

Next year we are going for 10 days (including travel days). So for our family, longer has always equaled better.

I've always gone for at least a week or a little longer. A couple of years ago, I took the kids (DH stayed home), and we went for 15 nights (stayed off site in a condo). It was a great trip!

We got 10 day park hoppers w/water fun & more, so had some days where we just chilled at the condo, swam, I cooked most meals, and to me it was a great amount of time!

If you want to do two weeks, go for it! Our trips to Hawaii (we go every other year) are always for two weeks. I like to settle in and relax some, and sometimes just one week isn't enough for me!

Our next trip to Disney is 9 nights - spring break. I'd go longer, but have to deal with DD's school schedule!

For us, we went for 8 days and still didn't get to do everything we wanted. But that trip cost over $8000 (airfare, hotels, tickets, souvenirs). We'll just have to do the rest next time.

We did 10 for our honeymoon and basically ran out on our last day (but it was June so it was starting to get really crowded).

We are planning 2 weeks next fall, but checking out after 8 days and driving to the beach for 4-5 days and then going back to Disney for the first Christmas party hopefully.

We did 9 days (7park days) last December and I couldn't believe that I heard, "I'm ready to go home" come out of my mouth. And this was my "dream trip"! Now granted, my daughter got the flu while we were there so that was probably the bulk of the reason why I was over it. (Although I was glad we had so many days because we were able to salvage most of what she had to miss). We had done two 5 day trips and that just wasn't enough. I think if we hadn't had the unexpected illness it would have been fine. I'm thinking 8-9 would be just right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!